Forum Settings
Forums
New
Should guns be banned in the US?
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Jun 26, 2013 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
StrictlyStupid said:
Criminals don't register weapons. They're going to get their hands on them regardless of whether they're banned or not. The only thing doing this will accomplish is leave law abiding citizens with absolutely no way to protect themselves.

cathage said:
Why does anyone NEED a gun these days anyway?
Gee, I dunno.
For protection, maybe?

I can think of much better ways of protecting yourself and others that doesn't involve using guns.
Why would the average family need a gun? Do they still need to hunt for their food? There's plenty of countries around the world that don't use guns and they seem to be fine without them. In fact, in the most peaceful countries in the world, civilians have very limited or no access to guns. What does that tell you?
Anyway, it's probably too late for America anyway. There's way too many guns to get rid of now!
Jun 26, 2013 12:38 PM

Dec 2012
dietmango said:

Also, South Phoenix? You live in Arizona?
Yeah. Wouldn't recommend it.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 26, 2013 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
MoeGalacticHero said:
dietmango said:

Also, South Phoenix? You live in Arizona?
Yeah. Wouldn't recommend it.

Dude, I live in the same state as you. Although when I went to that part of town, I didn't have a gun pointed at me. Still, that would've been a possibility, considering I got some nasty stares the last time I was there.
Jun 26, 2013 4:25 PM

Oct 2012
I've seen drug dealers show off their AKs (we were filming a high school project movie). They're not going to pull a gun at you unless you do something to seriously piss them off... especially not in broad daylight. Why would you go into some hood unless you had something to do there anyways, even with a gun? These fearmongering arguments are ridiculous. If you need self defense, you shouldn't be fucking around with gangs in the first place.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 26, 2013 9:40 PM

Apr 2013
It makes sense to ban guns in this country, especially when there are so many who will die before giving away their guns. It also makes sense that majority of the people who are against guns simply do not own or use guns. This discussion is exactly like when people thought alcohol was the cause of all problems, but now their blaming it on guns. This has been one of the rights that Americans have fought and died for, and you want to just do away with it? Yeah, that's logical. Banning guns solves nothing. Crime? There are more then a handful of methods to killing even a large group of people.
Jun 27, 2013 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
Jun 27, 2013 11:38 AM

Oct 2010
Yeah, Gorim's posts are always very spot on and save me a lot of effort in writing.

The psychological/personality test should be crucial in this aspect. You can't simply hand a gun on somebody who isn't fully aware of what it is.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

22 by UncreatedSong »»
26 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

27 by Astachanna »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 9 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
1 hour ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.