Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Macross F crew looking through series of VHS that left by the strange bird (later revealing that he's related to one of the characters in Macross 7) about Fire Bomber. It also features Fire Bomber's songs. I haven't watched Macross 7, so I don't know if it's recap or not (looks like recap to me).

+ Macross F utahime singing tribute to Macross 7 and two EDs.
#1: "Nian Nian FIRE! ~Totsugeki Planet Explosion (娘々FIRE!~突撃プラネットエクスプロージョン)" by May'n, Megumi Nakajima, and Fire Bomber
#2: "Virgin Story (ヴァージンストーリー)" by Fire Bomber
tsubasaloverApr 28, 2013 1:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 29, 2013 8:31 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah it's all recap from Macross 7. Lame, but it's what I expected.

Last 5 minutes were a nice treat and made the watch worth it.
Apr 30, 2013 5:06 AM
Aug 2012
its not a movie , its more like a commercial for the new m7 remaster , i have to admit i was drooling with the macross 7 footage it looked so good
May 20, 2013 10:36 PM
Dec 2011
Yea mostly an ad you pay for. You have to give them that brilliant ideal. Making people buy a hour and a half commercial. The end was nice and the remastered footage looked decent, but I already have M7 and wouldn't waste money on buying it remastered. I thought M7 was the weakest of the Macross entries, but maybe just me since it was targeted at a younger audience. It is a shame though since it's the only series that had any of the original cast if memory serves.

Anyways a decent watch for Macross fans, but not a must watch. You probably can find the last few minutes on youtube or somewhere. If you watched that you wouldn't be missing much else. Especially if you haven't seen M7 and can't understand Japanese because as far as from a recap of M7 point of view you would be fairly lost even if you understood Japanese. I felt most of the M7 footage focused on Basara and Sivil and if memory serves that was only a faction of M7's content. But a lot of times with Macross it's about the music. I liked Virgin Story at the very end, but I don't remember it in any of the M7 shows. Might just be my memory, but if it was in there they did a good job remastering it sounded great!
Dec 22, 2013 11:19 PM
May 2013
I didn't expected to be a recap , but I'm so glad it was , seeing all the great scenes from the best Macross.
Feb 26, 2014 4:51 AM

Jun 2008
I didn't know this existed. Guess I'll be looking for this.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 12, 2020 8:01 AM

Mar 2016
Am kinda disappointed there wasn't a running commentary while the the tapes were playing. 7 footage is always fun though and it was definitely worth watching for the music at the end.
Aug 28, 2020 4:38 PM

Aug 2017
Why did they mix the awesome moment when Basara shot speaker pod Gamma with Mylene's calm song( Totally ruined the mood. Same with the moment when Basara lost hos voice and got "revived" by Mylene's song.

There're definitely more interesting ways of doing a recap. And this one was pretty shallow, of course - given the length of Macross 7. The love triangle was almost completely omitted, as well as Max and Milia, the list goes on. Macross F crew was barely doing anything besides just staring at the screen, and Klan was angry for no reason (except blaming Michel for liking Mylene and having her CD or something). Oh, and no Alto.

This movie though makes Macross 7 an in-universe show just like some of the other ones though. I've heard people claiming that Kawamori considers everything an in-universe film/show/etc, as a kind of meta-narrative.
The cover at the end was awesome though. They even recreated Flower Girl by dressing one of the bridge bunnies haha

Sometimes Macross wiki is not the most reliable source:
The next scenes involves a "live" collaboration with Fire Bomber, and galactic idol Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee. Their singing moves many onlookers, and in the end, Basara flies away never to be seen again

The one flying in the end was Gavil, with red trail in bird form, and with green trail in humanoid form.
St0rmbladeAug 28, 2020 5:48 PM
Jun 11, 2021 5:56 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Alto wasn't here :(

And I thought it was mostly going to be Ozma remembering Fire Bomber so mostly Frontier content. I watched Frontier first so now that I'm halfway Macross 7 I literally just got spoiled. Looking forward to seeing all those scenes though
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙

More topics from this board

» Any leads weather any groups will sub ?

namedrisk - Apr 30, 2013

9 by KariRaiha »»
Nov 13, 2016 1:46 AM

» New Macross Singer

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2012

7 by Spepapupu »»
May 8, 2013 9:09 AM

» Theme song

MoonFox - Sep 23, 2012

6 by TomoyoSakagami89 »»
Nov 1, 2012 10:35 AM

» Net Radio for Macross FB7: Sheryl Nome Wave

tsubasalover - Oct 8, 2012

0 by tsubasalover »»
Oct 8, 2012 6:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.