Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2012 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
Paul said:
AnimeFtw1 said:
How does the sister NOT know it's her Brother that was playing with her? They have the same name and the only difference is his Hair. God damn retarded anime logic.

Kirito's name is not Kirito. It's Kirigaya Kazuto. The only 'smart' enough character in this anime to use their actual name is Asuna.

Why would it be smart to use your real name?
Oct 27, 2012 6:11 PM

Feb 2012
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
(unless the novel explained that the goverment did not disclose certain information about SAO´s incident and then the anime skipped it)

Exactly what happened.
Oct 27, 2012 6:12 PM

Jul 2012
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
AnimeFtw1 said:
How does the sister NOT know it's her Brother that was playing with her? They have the same name and the only difference is his Hair. God damn retarded anime logic.

- She may not know his avatar name
- Since it´s an avatar, ANYONE COULD HAVE SET UP THE CHARACTER LIKE THAT!
I´m more curious about how absolutely nobody knows about Kirito being some kind of local hero (unless the novel explained that the goverment did not disclose certain information about SAO´s incident and then the anime skipped it)

didn't some dude in the hospital recognize him?
Oct 27, 2012 6:12 PM

Jan 2008
therandomestguy said:
Paul said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

Kirito's name is not Kirito. It's Kirigaya Kazuto. The only 'smart' enough character in this anime to use their actual name is Asuna.

Note the emphasis on smart. If you don't get it, it means I was being sarcastic.
Oct 27, 2012 6:14 PM

Jul 2012
Paul said:
therandomestguy said:
Paul said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

Note the emphasis on smart. If you don't get it, it means I was being sarcastic.

oh okay haha. it's hard to recognize sarcasm through text sometimes
Jul 2011
Paul said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

But don't they have the same facial appearance? Unless you can change that too...

Jul 2011
therandomestguy said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

I´m more curious about how absolutely nobody knows about Kirito being some kind of local hero (unless the novel explained that the goverment did not disclose certain information about SAO´s incident and then the anime skipped it)

Weren´t those Sugou and Asuna´s father? Who are informed about that and were in charge of SAO servers?
I can agree that this adaptation is bad, but now this is just being inattentive.
Oct 27, 2012 6:18 PM

Jul 2011
AnimeFtw1 said:
Paul said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

But don't they have the same facial appearance? Unless you can change that too...

Yes, it´s just that in SAO it was disallowed when Kayaba started his plan. Lyfa may notice some similarities, she just doesn´t connect the dots since...well, you won´t expect your cousin attempting to save his girlfriend by playing an MMO.
Oct 27, 2012 6:19 PM

Sep 2012
She is his sister, and she is in love with him. I think she should have been able to recognize his facial feature.

Jul 2012
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
therandomestguy said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

Weren´t those Sugou and Asuna´s father? Who are informed about that and were in charge of SAO servers?
I can agree that this adaptation is bad, but now this is just being inattentive.

i apologize for my inattentiveness

Feb 2012
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
therandomestguy said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

Oct 27, 2012 6:27 PM

Jan 2009
good episode but its kinda slow right now, i hope next week we get some action going
Oct 27, 2012 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
Oct 27, 2012 6:44 PM

Jan 2012
Kirito's sister is so annoying.
Oct 27, 2012 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
gillbobjones said:

Better than Asuna.
Oct 27, 2012 6:45 PM

Mar 2008
gillbobjones said:

Woah woah, hey now. Kirito's sister is the best character so far this arc.
Oct 27, 2012 6:47 PM

Apr 2012
razisgosu said:
gillbobjones said:

That's not Sugou.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 27, 2012 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
BloodRequiem said:
razisgosu said:
gillbobjones said:

That's not Sugou.

I concur.
Oct 27, 2012 6:48 PM
Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
inb4 YuixKirito incest

awwyeah

leafa/sugu want the D
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 27, 2012 6:58 PM

Sep 2012
I personally loved this arc when i read the light novel years ago, and I'm glad they're doing a great job so far depicting everything in this arc in my opinion :D. Lyfa haha. screw oberon. poor asuna haha
Oct 27, 2012 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
I love the second opening.

Sugou is such an asswipe, die please!
Oct 27, 2012 7:00 PM

Sep 2012
I personally loved this arc when i read the light novel years ago, and I'm glad they're doing a great job so far depicting everything in this arc in my opinion :D. Lyfa haha. screw oberon. poor asuna haha
Oct 27, 2012 7:18 PM

Jan 2011

That was rather unexpected for me haha I watch the anime only.

Sugu was damn cute on the bed!!! I also found Yui very nice this ep.

In the end, did Kirito forget to log out?
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 27, 2012 7:18 PM
Oct 2012
Good Ep but found it a lacked development, probably would have been better to center on one part of the story than split it down the middle.
What don't kill you only leaves you weaker for the next thing that wants to kill you.
Oct 27, 2012 7:21 PM
Oct 2012
SkyTate said:

That was rather unexpected for me haha I watch the anime only.

Sugu was damn cute on the bed!!! I also found Yui very nice this ep.

Good Question, all that time in SAO it would be easy to forget, it didn't look like yui would remind him to ether. lol
What don't kill you only leaves you weaker for the next thing that wants to kill you.
Oct 27, 2012 7:21 PM

Oct 2010
razisgosu said:
gillbobjones said:

Them sexy sex hair right?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 27, 2012 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
SetsukoHara said:
She is his sister, and she is in love with him. I think she should have been able to recognize his facial feature.

HauntingShock said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
therandomestguy said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

If you payed any attention at all you would know that Kirito in ALO doesn't look like Kazuto at all.
In SAO he had his facial feature because Kayaba made it that way while in ALO he got a personalised avatar and doesn't look like Kazuto. From the viewer perspective they might look the same but they are fundamentaly different.

Also do I have to point out that Kazuto never told Suguha his in game name when he was in SAO? Like it was stated earlier in this arc, all that happened in SAO (username, who murdered who, etc) were kept confidential and the only reason Sugou knew that Kazuto was Kirito is because of his high position in the company that maintained the server.

The reason why Kirito got Agil, Asuna, Silica, Lisbeth and Klein's whereabout is because since he was the one that officially cleared the game he traded information about what happened for it.

Kirigaya Kazuto. That's where his username come from and that's pretty much impossible to deduce unless you've been told it.

Yes they both have the same name: Kirigaya.
They aren't called Kirito Kazuto and Kirito Suguha, it'S impossible to know that Kirito comes from the first character of Kirigaya and the last character of Kazuto especially since Kazuto wrote it in Romaji.

There's no way Kazuto would know that Lyfa is Suguha and there's no way Suguha would know that Kirito is Kazuto.

Source? The novel.
Oct 27, 2012 7:25 PM

Oct 2012
I enjoyed the episode overall. The pace is still on the slow side, but I think that may just be Sword Art Online's style. Even though there wasn't a lot of progress made, they set up the new world quite nicely. And I absolutely loved Sugou's monologue at the end. It was almost equal to that of a Bond villain.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Oct 27, 2012 7:37 PM

Aug 2011
KuroNoKenshi said:
SetsukoHara said:

HauntingShock said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
therandomestguy said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

If you payed any attention at all you would know that Kirito in ALO doesn't look like Kazuto at all.
In SAO he had his facial feature because Kayaba made it that way while in ALO he got a personalised avatar and doesn't look like Kazuto. From the viewer perspective they might look the same but they are fundamentaly different.

Also do I have to point out that Kazuto never told Suguha his in game name when he was in SAO? Like it was stated earlier in this arc, all that happened in SAO (username, who murdered who, etc) were kept confidential and the only reason Sugou knew that Kazuto was Kirito is because of his high position in the company that maintained the server.

The reason why Kirito got Agil, Asuna, Silica, Lisbeth and Klein's whereabout is because since he was the one that officially cleared the game he traded information about what happened for it.

Kirigaya Kazuto. That's where his username come from and that's pretty much impossible to deduce unless you've been told it.

Yes they both have the same name: Kirigaya.
They aren't called Kirito Kazuto and Kirito Suguha, it'S impossible to know that Kirito comes from the first character of Kirigaya and the last character of Kazuto especially since Kazuto wrote it in Romaji.

There's no way Kazuto would know that Lyfa is Suguha and there's no way Suguha would know that Kirito is Kazuto.

Source? The novel.

THIS,

Argh, too much hate on SAO threads lol. It's almost laughable. Too many arguments. Why can't we all be friends? Oh well.

Anyways, props to Sugou for the NTR. Lol, happens to be the only reason I like him. I don't approve of what he's doing right now though. I feel horrible to Asuna. There are a lot of people who think that they would be badass and totally tell Sugou in Asuna's position, but looking at it realistically she can't really do anything in her situation.

Yui is so adorable I can't. >///< Sugu is great too. (Kirito ftw.)
Oct 27, 2012 7:45 PM

Aug 2011
UtsukushiiYume said:
Argh, too much hate on SAO threads lol. It's almost laughable. Too many arguments. Why can't we all be friends? Oh well.

Because Sugou fans and haters cannot coexistist together.
I don't might personally, but you know, dem haters.
Sugou ftw
Oct 27, 2012 7:46 PM

Apr 2012
EstelleBright said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

Because Sugou fans and haters cannot coexistist together.
I don't might personally, but you know, dem haters.
Sugou ftw

Because as someone said previously. Sugou love adds nothing to the discussion but apparently excessive Sugou hatred does. This is, after all, a SAO forum so...double standards from the fans...
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 27, 2012 7:58 PM

May 2012
Sugou - As evil as Noumi (Accel World). There is a reason why Sugou is view as "Noumi's grandfather" for some people.
Oct 27, 2012 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
Oh my god. Kill Sugou. Now. Im not waiting 8 more episodes. Do it now. Please. Kill him. PLEASE. KILL HIM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KILL HIM!
It's not even that it's Asuna, I think I would rage at this guy this much even if it the person trapped by him was a new introduced character.
I'm terrified of what's going to happen with the experiments, Kirito's probably going to run into someone from SAO who's minds been messed with @_@

I think I like this show for more than it's worth.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 27, 2012 8:07 PM

Jun 2012
Suguha is best girl as always.
Oct 27, 2012 8:11 PM

Jan 2011
Sugou is my nigga.
[center]
Oct 27, 2012 8:18 PM
Mar 2010
SkyTate said:

Falling asleep automatically logs you out.
Oct 27, 2012 8:24 PM

Aug 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Sugou love adds nothing to the discussion but apparently excessive Sugou hatred does. This is, after all, a SAO forum so...double standards from the fans...

Wow what is this Sugou discrimination? I don't even...
Oct 27, 2012 8:42 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah Sugou is a major douche.

Ugh Leafa is his sister? Really? Opportunity to have a nice new character with the new direction and all. Why the hell is his sister being pushed as a romance option? I don't care if they related or not it's way too forced.
Oct 27, 2012 8:46 PM

Apr 2012
mystik said:

Ugh Leafa is his sister? Really? Opportunity to have a nice new character with the new direction and all. Why the hell is his sister being pushed as a romance option? I don't care if they related or not it's way too forced.

Because otaku love incest fantasies.
Oct 27, 2012 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
What got me worried and shitting bricks was when Sugou threatened to alter Asuna's memories and emotions. That would tots kill her distant relationship with kirito :'(
Oct 27, 2012 8:59 PM
Oct 2010
mystik said:

I actually think the only terrible part is the fact she makes herself romantically attracted to him OUTSIDE of the game. Like if it happened inside the game I actually wouldn't have an issue with it, because it would be interesting to see how she would react when/if she found out that it was kirito.
Oct 27, 2012 9:21 PM
Feb 2009
goddammit this episode felt like 5 mins to me....
Oct 27, 2012 9:23 PM

Aug 2011
Flaecy said:
goddammit this episode felt like 5 mins to me....

IKR too much Sugou awesomeness.
Oct 27, 2012 9:30 PM

May 2010
Hella NTR at the end, also so it his own cuz that gonna help em, that kinda cool i guess.
Oct 27, 2012 9:35 PM

May 2010
This thread is going ham with extra cheese and mayo. so much hate, but it make for a good read. :3
Oct 27, 2012 9:45 PM

Mar 2011
WTF? I want "SAO" back... >_<
Oct 27, 2012 9:51 PM

Sep 2011
Hydnlife said:
This thread is going ham with extra cheese and mayo. so much hate, but it make for a good read. :3

Except the thread being moderated now, so not so much "Hate".
Oct 27, 2012 9:55 PM

Jun 2008
Kyobotte said:
WTF? I want "SAO" back... >_<

Well, This is SAO, currently a 90% "Carbon copy" of it. You'll soon understand as why this anime is called SAO

Like Ssjokg, said in an earlier post
Everything in SAO's arcs has something to do with events or people from the SAO game.In the end you will see why it didnt change.

Think of why Dragonball was called dragonball even though they stopped looking for the balls(as the main goal) even before the saiyan arc.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 27, 2012 10:06 PM

Dec 2010
Suguha is so creepy thinking weird stuffs about her cousin
How can she not be familiar with the name Kirito? Didn't kirito became somewhat famous in the real world after the incident eventhough he only used it as an alias in the game...

it was an ok episode. The part i liked about it was towards the ending when Sugou appeared
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 27, 2012 10:08 PM

Jun 2012
Amazing episode. I finally got to see Asuna after 3 episodes, it's been a long time. However, she is obviously not at all in a good state. Her last phrase before the end of the episode was very emotional, but we know Kirito is trying as she spoke (although he only has a week?). I would have been very surprised that Leafa is Suguha, but I had a good guess a few days beforehand when I saw a picture of Suguha next to Leafa and made the connection (I'm very dim in that sense).
So, I cannot wait to see what's next, and how difficult the tree will be to overcome. Asuna needs to keep her hopes up meanwhile.
5/5 (all the time).

Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Yesterday, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 2:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.