Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2012 4:37 PM

Jun 2007
op doesnt really fit

slow paced but that is how it is going to be

lets get the suspense going
Jan 10, 2012 5:00 PM

Jun 2011
Oh my gosh. THE SOUNDTRACK OF THIS THING. It was so lovely and creepy. Definitely the highlight of the series for me so far.

Very interesting series thus far, creepy town with creepy inhabitants. Should be pretty good.
Jan 10, 2012 5:05 PM

Oct 2009
RingoPie said:
Very nice episode, I love how it gives you little information, it makes me want the next episode now to find out what's all this about...

Though, I still don't get how people could rate right off from the first episode, I meant sure even if you read the manga but still first episode is still too early to judge an anime even if it was good. -.-

True, its kinda stupid rating an anime with just 1 episode, its like those peope who give rate 1 to a dropped anime at the 1st episode --''
Jan 10, 2012 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
oh my god, i dont think ive ever been creeped out by a anime before but this did it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 10, 2012 5:47 PM

Jun 2009
Not a fan of both OP and ED...

The show have yet to pick up it's pace... hopefully it'll get better soon^_^ This show have potential... Though I got a feeling this show won't be as good as I hoped...

Misaki Mei didn't scare me one bit... The introduction scene where the whole class sit silently kinda creep me out... What's worse is when they all turn lively all of a sudden... Awkward man...
AirStylesJan 10, 2012 5:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2012 6:53 PM

Sep 2011
AirStyles said:

The show have yet to pick up it's pace..

dude its the first episode, you expect there to be a good pace? need i remind you that shows that start out with a good pace end up failing in the end more often than naught because they didnt take their time given to introduce the setting and characters in a organized matter, ie code geass, guilty crown, no.6 need i go on?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 10, 2012 7:01 PM

Aug 2010
BGM music was brilliant, that was the first thing that came to mind after the episode ended and the ED is really quite nice
I love the art and the plot seems to be quite interesting
Recently started playing corpse party for the PSP so I somehow expect gory stuff ._. hopefully it stays true to horror though since it seems we don't get enough of said genre
Jan 10, 2012 7:38 PM

Nov 2011
Hmmmm... this anime caught my attention.
Probably one of the most anticipated titles this season.

4/5
Jan 10, 2012 7:40 PM

Sep 2011
I was interested the whole way through, the atmosphere is top notch and I feel the OST is a heavy part in that. Looking forward to more. :)
[center]
Jan 10, 2012 7:54 PM

Jun 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
AirStyles said:

dude its the first episode, you expect there to be a good pace? need i remind you that shows that start out with a good pace end up failing in the end more often than naught because they didnt take their time given to introduce the setting and characters in a organized matter, ie code geass, guilty crown, no.6 need i go on?

Look at my top 5...

How many of them have slow start up? I'll tell you, all of them.

The show has yet to pick up is pace. That is true. The reason I said I can't see it being too good.

When I watch Madoka, I can see a possible breakthrough, when I watch Steins;Gate, I can see it too.

I have very high expectation for this show, I'm just stating that I got a feeling that it won't live up to it.

This show have potential, I mentioned that, it's just just that it seems harder for this show to be another breakthrough. It's just a personal opinion. Don't take it to heart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2012 8:17 PM

Nov 2009
that was a slow-ish episode, but i'm really digging the creepy atmosphere O_O
Jan 10, 2012 8:29 PM

Sep 2010
AirStyles said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
AirStyles said:

Look at my top 5...

The show has yet to pick up is pace. That is true. The reason I said I can't see it being too good.

When I watch Madoka, I can see a possible breakthrough, when I watch Steins;Gate, I can see it too.

I have very high expectation for this show, I'm just stating that I got a feeling that it won't live up to it.

This show have potential, I mentioned that, it's just just that it seems harder for this show to be another breakthrough. It's just a personal opinion. Don't take it to heart.

I don't know why you expect Misaki to scare you at all or why you assume Misaki Mei is the same Misaki that was mentioned at the start of the anime.

Even Babe Ruth struck out. Your supposed track record with being able to predict a breakthrough with Steins;Gate and Madoka don't mean you will be right in this case, over ever again.

Jan 10, 2012 11:21 PM
Jan 2011
This is a good show. Its nice to see a horror anime again instead of all the slice of life,Harem junk.
Jan 10, 2012 11:49 PM

Nov 2010
This was really good. looking forward to next episodes.
Jan 11, 2012 12:10 AM

Oct 2010
I like it so far. I love how it's so mysterious right off the start and even a little creepy. Seeing Mei Misaki walking to the morgue/boiler room where it showed nothing in the hallway sent shivers up my spine.

Very well done and can't wait for more.
Jan 11, 2012 12:34 AM
Oct 2008
booring as hell.
Jan 11, 2012 12:52 AM
Jan 2012
Woho, It has been a long time since I watched horror without slashing and bloody things (I love it though :p). The last one I watched is Ghost Hound and Another gave me new taste of creepy feeling. Personally I think that the feeling is more intense than Ghost Hound...
The only one make me angry about a great show like Another is: I need to wait a whole week for the next episode ! damn!.
Jan 11, 2012 1:27 AM

Jan 2009
well didn't expect much to happen on first ep.waiting for the next one ...
Jan 11, 2012 1:33 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Hashiruyuki said:
Woho, It has been a long time since I watched horror without slashing and bloody things (I love it though :p). The last one I watched is Ghost Hound and Another gave me new taste of creepy feeling. Personally I think that the feeling is more intense than Ghost Hound...
The only one make me angry about a great show like Another is: I need to wait a whole week for the next episode ! damn!.

talk about ghost hunt whihch was the best one xD really creepy at some arcs. but Another is also quite interesting. But yea im looking forwards how this will progress... at least has some talent i guess?.. but yeah defenetely creeepy and i love the soundtracks.
Jan 11, 2012 2:36 AM

Sep 2010
Wow , very interesting ... I hope that it doesn't become too much boring or predictable. Looking forward the next ep

4/5
Jan 11, 2012 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
Looking forward to more
Jan 11, 2012 2:59 AM
Sep 2011
Woah, creeepy! Love it :D
Can't wait for the next following episodes.
Jan 11, 2012 3:27 AM
Jun 2008
twias said:
It is known well in Japan what 'Sakakibara' means.
'Sakakibara Seito' is a real killer. He killed two people in 14.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seito_Sakakibara
They mentioned that the cause of his hearth disease(Pneumothorax) is due to people fooling around with his name last year. =(

Yumekichi11 said:
... The reason for that is I read till Vol 3 RAW and yeah we need people who various backgrounds to unravel this series. I myself cannot do it.
..lol, you can read raw.Good luck on reading it.I am reading the Novel version yesterday(now at chapter2).
Usually I am just describing stuff directly from the source, so I don't think its has anything to do with my poor IQ lol.
So far ,all I know is that Kouichi's mind is full of Mei.Everywhere he go, he will think of mei, As if he is in love with her .
Now I will looking forward on discovering the mystery of the doll >.< ... sometimes I kinda lazy read Novel which need to use brain to think.lol
MorningGloryJan 11, 2012 3:34 AM
Jan 11, 2012 4:06 AM

Jul 2008
Is Kouichi Genre Savvy?
Jan 11, 2012 4:30 AM

Jun 2009
Anime_Name said:
AirStyles said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
AirStyles said:

Look at my top 5...

I don't know why you expect Misaki to scare you at all or why you assume Misaki Mei is the same Misaki that was mentioned at the start of the anime.

Even Babe Ruth struck out. Your supposed track record with being able to predict a breakthrough with Steins;Gate and Madoka don't mean you will be right in this case, over ever again.

And since when the &^$# did I say I'll be right.

I'm merely pointing out that I got a feeling it won't live up to my expectation. What the #&$^ is wrong with that?!

Jeeez... Seriously, people these days...
Jan 11, 2012 4:45 AM
Jun 2011
Less ominous bgm would have been good. The way they did it in the first episode is overkill.
Jan 11, 2012 4:50 AM

Nov 2011
the episode was so cool and the art is awesome
Jan 11, 2012 5:27 AM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
Yumekichi11 said:
... The reason for that is I read till Vol 3 RAW and yeah we need people who various backgrounds to unravel this series. I myself cannot do it.
..lol, you can read raw. Good luck on reading it. I am reading the Novel version yesterday(now at chapter2).
Usually I am just describing stuff directly from the source, so I don't think its has anything to do with my poor IQ lol.
So far ,all I know is that Kouichi's mind is full of Mei. Everywhere he go, he will think of Mei, As if he is in love with her .
Now I will looking forward on discovering the mystery of the doll >.< ... sometimes I kinda lazy read Novel which need to use brain to think. lol
Oh great! That's cool! I heard the LN is not translated totally in English, not sure of that one but anything from the LN of the anime not having nor even the manga is a plus IMO. Not sure if I will have any time to include extras of the manga but I might. It worked in favour with some for Mirai Nikki.

No, well I tried to understand Vol 3 due to it being RAW. Grasp what I can. Just more background info to me with some progress.

The way I see it is they should reverse the fact of the LN/Manga going for all is revealed at the end. I want it instead half way with a resolve point of it.

The reason for this is if all notice in the ED at the very end of it Mei disappears. Could be a sign of crossing over but I am not sure of that one. Another can be all these people are dead in only then Mei passes over. Sudden brainstorm of the ED meaning that I did not mention. I had to think a little of this.

In fact I am obsessed with this series. Not something in a while I felt.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 11, 2012 5:51 AM

Feb 2009
i'm dying to know the story...
anyone who know please PM me...
also did anyone realize that this anime is being numbered "11111" at MAL?
although this is just a coincidence.
Jan 11, 2012 6:27 AM

Jul 2011
@ma_tch
I REALIZE THAT TOO!! Another is numbered 11111, i'm curious is that just a coincidence or there is some symbolism behind it :P

I LOVE the first episode, especially the atmosphere... and im desperate to know whats behind all of their suspicious act... hmmm
and i spotted some cute boys and girls at class 3-3 <3

i wonder if some of them will be a important character since the only one i saw in the ending clip is the feminine boys who wears white shirt..
Jan 11, 2012 6:58 AM

Aug 2008
I love the premises. It gives off a Higurashi + Jigoku Shoujo vibe.
How I wish there's more series like this.
Jan 11, 2012 7:07 AM

May 2010
My first time watching a horror anime,hope it is not too scary...
Jan 11, 2012 7:50 AM

Oct 2011
Loved this 1st episode of Another, there already is suspense, I hope it gets even better ^^
Jan 11, 2012 8:11 AM

Mar 2008
How i said, this is not a terror or horror for scare you, it's a mystery story, and most importantly, Another emulates the stile of japanese's cinema of horror in the lates 1990s.

Zero fanservice.
Subtle.
Excellent.

http://www.subeteanimes.com/2012/01/primeiras-impressoes-another-pa-works.html
Jan 11, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2008
Well I just went ahead and read up to chapter 10 of the manga. Let's see how the anime works things out.
Jan 11, 2012 8:14 AM

Dec 2011
already watched it damn its totally full of mystery DX
btw Mei is Moe Ghost XD

I Am Fujoshi~ so what?
I am M! and love punishment~
Jan 11, 2012 8:28 AM

Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

• Am I detecting some Yuri with the following girls in the spoiler

yes yes yess!!! i believe the two girls who is holding hands in this picture is the same girls that you post...
  • milloJan 11, 2012 8:44 AM
    Jan 11, 2012 8:37 AM

Jan 2010
    The atmosphere the whole ep was creepiest thing ever. That class also looks like it is made up of creeps. Their can be nothing more creepier than that girl. The whole thing was creeping me the fuck out. Aka this anime is wonderfully creepy!!

But my joking aside, this was a really good first ep!! It set everything up perfectly. I can't wait to see all the mysteries get discovered, deconstructed and figured out!! I haven't watched an anime set up a mood like this so well in awhile! I was getting chills, because normal stuff was happening, but everything was just presented and executed so... Creepily!!

Im really expecting alot from this anime now. Lets hope it doesn't disappoint ^_^
    Jan 11, 2012 8:47 AM

May 2009
    OP awful. ED amazing.
    Such a good first episode! Can't wait for next week.

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Jan 11, 2012 8:52 AM

Jan 2010
    The creepy atmosphere, the dark backgrounds such as the building and landscape which are so gorgeous and detail, and mysteries that cover the story.Perfect combination !
    Jan 11, 2012 9:17 AM

Jun 2009
    Nachtwandler_21 said:
    > They changed some stuff from the manga

It's a novel adaptation so big chance that in manga some parts were changed

I didn't know that. Hmm, from the first chapter I wonder which one is closest to the original?
    [/center]
    Jan 11, 2012 9:48 AM

Oct 2010
    i really admire P.A.Works in terms of atmosphere and art. it's really fitting for the setting and theme of the anime. It all goes really well with the mystery that's waiting to be uncover.
    Jan 11, 2012 10:10 AM
    Dec 2011
    HOLY CRAP. So far this has been my favorite anime of the winter season. I mean, this seems like an interesting anime. I like dark animes so lets hope this one delivers.

The OP reminded me sooo much of Code Geass!

The character design is beautiful. I love the way the eyes constrict when the characters are scared, that is nothing new but I've always enjoyed that.

So looking forward to the next episode.
    Jan 11, 2012 10:22 AM
    Dec 2007
    Nicely directed atmospheric first episode. Very difficult to make an opinion about the series with only that though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
    Jan 11, 2012 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
    BridgeX said:
    Nachtwandler_21 said:
    > They changed some stuff from the manga

It's a novel adaptation so big chance that in manga some parts were changed

I didn't know that. Hmm, from the first chapter I wonder which one is closest to the original?

Well, the nurse looks different for one thing. lol
    Jan 11, 2012 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
    Love it! The art style of this is so well done:) I liked this episode. It had a good start anf I'm very much looking froward to the next episode.

btw: is it just me or do lots of the characters in this anime look like other charas from other manga/anime?:3
    Jan 11, 2012 11:31 AM

Jan 2011
    Wow, I'm amazed by this episode, can't wait for the next one.
    I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
    Jan 11, 2012 11:51 AM

Oct 2010
    millo said:
    Yumekichi11 said:

• Am I detecting some Yuri with the following girls in the spoiler

yes yes yess!!! i believe the two girls who is holding hands in this picture is the same girls that you post...

• Oh ho! Nice! I did not see that in PE. Indeed confirms more but I did not see such thing in the manga so I assume they might factor in love.

Oh how juicy can the darkness be when it rips to shreds that love. That fear can rupture what is almost impossible, love? Sounds to me like a nice scenario not in the manga.

I don't think Mei will care for anyone with love if she tragically never had any of her own.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
    Jan 11, 2012 12:14 PM

Sep 2010
    Well, this episode was creepy like hell. I don't get how others students are : talking quietly to eachothers, like they're hiding something from our new hero. Scary ...
    Let's wait next episode ...

By the way above me Yumekichi already did a custom gif from this anime, good job man ! Already a fan from this first ep ! Waaw.
    Jan 11, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2011
    Well watched the first episode just recently and what I was left with was a really creeping feeling in my body. The atmosphere was really cold and chill, not much emotion was there, but it all did a really good job on creep me out. Not many anime out there that really do that to be honest. This show just reeks with mystery, dark and cold atmosphere.

As for the main character. He looks really timid and down earth guy, maybe a bit adventurous as well, I hope. Going to be interesting to see how he will cope with this atmosphere around his class. Seems like the other classes are doing just fine, but class 3 to be some supernatural power surrounding it.

As for our eye patched friend Misaka Mei. Pretty much full of mystery to me, bad news obviously, and I doubt she will open up for us just now. Good Luck, Kouchi.

Great start for the show with a creepy and dark atmosphere. Already looking forward to the next episode.
    Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
    Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
    Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
    Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
    Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
    Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.