Forum Settings
Forums
THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST, KUROSAWA!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2011 4:50 AM

May 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Wat.
Aug 9, 2011 4:53 AM

Dec 2010
lmao
Mar 24, 2012 11:45 PM

Mar 2009
Lol Ke$ha's song.. never expected that in this manga or any manga.
Nov 9, 2014 10:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I cannot believe they saw through the priest with the afro!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 22, 2015 7:19 AM

Mar 2013
Can't believe they put Kesha song
Feb 19, 2018 12:35 AM

Apr 2016
Wait what the fuck, didn't this come out before that dumb Kesha song? Was that originally a reference to a Japanese song that was changed to a song more culturally relevant in the US like what the FLCL dub did? Or did the scanlators just think it'd be funny to throw that in, I'm really confused.
Apr 6, 2018 7:53 PM

Jan 2015
The Ke$ha scene was hilarious.
Nov 24, 2018 10:37 AM

Mar 2017
Goddamn awesome is what this is! Kurosawa is the legend. This manga only gets funnier as it goes on, it's unbelievable. At first I thought it was a bit weird, but it just gets more absurd and crazy and I'm lovin it.
Apr 2, 2019 5:30 AM

Jun 2016
The feral life has started to take a toll on Kurosawa. Now that his paranoia has reached an all time high he can no longer trust anyone and has to stay hiding, whereas freedom was initially seen as behaving like wild animals, not it seems that it's not free at all. Like Hobbes said, " life outside society would be 'solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short'" hehehehe. When you don't follow any rules and create a life of fighting you will eventually get burned.

The Ke$ha part definitely threw me off guard. I was left just questioning what the heck I had just read. I wonder what the original said.

So, I've been calling Sakaguchi Inada but his sister called him Yoshiaki.. What the heck, did I just make up the name Inada?! Either way I loved his sister. She looks so much like him and they had some real family bickering going on immediately! Plus she was nice to style Kurosawa like she did however absurd it was, upon hearing he was in danger she stopped being weirded out, went work mode and made him those disguises! It was sweet.

I think Kurosawa should go fight the 5 shounen villains, I mean lead kids in charge of their gangs chasing after Kurosawa. Or you know find out how to contact Nakane and get some help from him, he knows them best. His oaf reasoning of get a weird disguise didn't get him far enough! Either way we saw there are still thugs out to get him so he's going to need to find some solution.
Apr 14, 3:46 PM

Jun 2019
The original for the Ke$ha song part is quite (and very obviously lol) different, for anyone that sees this and was also curious.

Kurosawa:ザギンでナオンとシース・・・! (zagin de naon to shiisu...!)
his coworker (that i don't remember the name of lol):そうそう・・・!! (sousou...!!)
Kurosawa:ギ、ギ、ギ・・・ギロッポンまで、シータクで・・・!! (gi... gi... gi... giroppon made, shiitaku de...!!)

Without the reversed speech: 銀座で女と寿司・・・!六本木まで、タクシーで・・・!! (ginza de onna to sushi...! roppongi made, takushii de...!!)
Translation:"In Ginza, with girls and sushi...!! All the way to Roppongi by taxi...!!"

Glad the translator changed it for the english version for something way funnier. The original only is only funny and only makes sense in japanese and seems way too complicated to explain without a whole page at the end of the chapter lol

Here's the history lesson (translated from japanese) for those curious to actually understand:
"That kind of inverted language is called "Zuja-go" (zzJa language, Jazz spelled backwards by the japanese syllables) which was used by postwar jazz musicians. After the war, some people actively embraced American culture and started doing business with the occupying forces (of the Allies in Japan after World War II). Among them were musicians who played their music in nightclubs to earn a living. Then, those musicians who played jazzoften used inverted words as a code among their friends (a code to avoid being discovered by others).
This was probably done to have a conversation without upsetting the amateur customers. In order to speak without revealing indecent or vulgar topics, and to boldly convey criticisms of customers to their friends without being noticed, as such they deliberately developed expressions that were difficult to understand. [...]
At this point, rather than being codes or symbols, it was mainly more about trends among friends, competing for humor and something like a feeling of camaraderie. In this way, post-war musicians mastered this unique and understoond only by them "Zuja-go" and there was a time when it represented the cutting-edge coolness.
Those musicians later entered the television industry. (In the original japanese, Kurosawa is said to be dressed as a TV director, not an eccentric celebrity, thus the reason for his speaking choices) :-)
source: jp quora answer
I could be wrong, but this is what i found
burningjusticeApr 14, 7:38 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 90 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 10, 2011

38 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 68 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

4 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 16, 4:28 AM

» The official English translation is terrible! Why?!

TheMAM - Aug 4, 2023

4 by TheMAM »»
Aug 5, 2023 1:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 67 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

5 by outolunch »»
May 28, 2023 9:20 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 49 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 24, 2012

13 by Jim_Heart »»
Mar 21, 2023 5:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.