Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2010 8:42 AM
Apr 2009
other than the final episode... nothing of school days really stood out to me... :\

I was just meh on the whole series, it was not dreadful, but it was simply average... >.>
Sep 7, 2010 8:51 AM

Dec 2009
Lol at the people who call this anime "realistic". Makoto fucked like 7-8 girls (it was implied that he even had a foursome in episode 11) in just a couple of episodes. The parents/teachers are no where in the show. That's not realistic at all.
Sep 7, 2010 9:13 AM

Nov 2009
Because of the "bad" ending. The girls there are whores? Yeah, but they are also whores in harem anime (and yeah, Makoto). School Days is not your average anime with lots of slu-, ahem, girls who wants to f*ck the main guy and live happily ever after. Personally i like School Days. It isn't sweet, but heavy show. Something different from other school/romance/harem anime. Well, people have different tastes. But this anime was good for me. Even if i, or someone else, felt hatred for one of the characters it's a good thing. That means this anime touched you.
Sep 7, 2010 11:08 AM
Jun 2008
Kotonoha is not a whore.She is the first girl who fall in love Makoto which is introduce by Sekai(Makoto's childhood friend).
Don't blame the girls in school days, you should blame the male protagonist for being a playboy from the first place.It was the stupid rumor the spread from Makoto being a playboy that attract those girls around him.
Makoto is the only male protagonist I know in all the harem Anime I've watched who deserve to be dead!!!
Sep 7, 2010 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
Jrittmayer said:
SINCE WHEN IS A 7 BAD?

Seriously, nowadays if its not a 9 or 10 its automatically labelled as "bad"

Remember kids a 5 means AVERAGE. 7 is two points ABOVE average. Which makes it...GOOD!
[...]

^
Sep 7, 2010 11:40 AM

Sep 2010
Project_MkUltra said:
Lol at the people who call this anime "realistic". Makoto fucked like 7-8 girls (it was implied that he even had a foursome in episode 11) in just a couple of episodes. The parents/teachers are no where in the show. That's not realistic at all.

The lack of having parents around or many authority figures can be seen as part of what the message the writer was trying to get across.
Of realistic, idealistic, and abstract the most fitting description for this show would be realistic. So it is implied Makoto had a sex party with some girls....no matter how rare or imaginary you think that example is, that shit happens.

Sep 7, 2010 1:20 PM

Apr 2010
"SINCE WHEN IS A 7 BAD?

Seriously, nowadays if its not a 9 or 10 its automatically labelled as "bad"

Remember kids a 5 means AVERAGE. 7 is two points ABOVE average. Which makes it...GOOD!"

Even Dragon Ball GT has a 6. something thats one of the lowest on this site, i dont think anything on here is below average in that way.
Sep 7, 2010 1:23 PM
Jun 2008
scabab said:

Even Dragon Ball GT has a 6. something thats one of the lowest on this site, i dont think anything on here is below average in that way.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Mars_of_Destruction
Sep 7, 2010 4:02 PM

May 2009
MorningGlory said:
scabab said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Mars_of_Destruction
funny ova actually
Sep 8, 2010 5:01 AM

Aug 2009
Itachi-san said:
People are just jealous of Makoto. He can fuck every girl while you can't even pay a whore.

QFT

also this is the alternative ending which Makoto gets a big surprise from both girls

TensaiShonenSep 8, 2010 5:19 AM
Sep 8, 2010 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
pillsbury15 said:
If you think you're proving a point by repeatedly bashing shows you don't like then you're doing the same as others who hate this.

A better question is why the hell do people like to watch predictable long ass boring shonen crap like One Piece, Naruto, or Bleach.

And yet your slightly bashing those shows.

You see, the world can't revovle if everyone loves everything. There HAS to be a hater of something, it just depends on the other people how they receive it.
Sep 8, 2010 5:47 PM

Jul 2008
TensaiShonen said:
Itachi-san said:
People are just jealous of Makoto. He can fuck every girl while you can't even pay a whore.

QFT

also this is the alternative ending which Makoto gets a big surprise from both girls

The VN has lots of different endings.

You can play Makoto like a cheating asshole, or you can play play him nicely which can earn you good endings.

pillsbury15 said:
I love School Days it was really down-to-earth it could be taken more serious without the out of the blue fan-service (such as Katsura bathing) it was sick and twisted but ...

scabab said:
Theres something wrong when crap like Kanon, Air, and Azumanga Daioh have higher scores than School Days. Even Special A has a higher score, people whine about the violence then you have even worse, even gorier shows like Elfen Lied and that has a great score.

If you think you're proving a point by repeatedly bashing shows you don't like then you're doing the same as others who hate this.

A better question is why the hell do people like to watch predictable long ass boring shonen crap like One Piece, Naruto, or Bleach.

Because some people genuinely like shonen. Also, even though I haven't seen One Piece, my impression was that it was very different from Bleack or Naruto, aside from the "long" and "shonen" part.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Sep 8, 2010 8:45 PM

Apr 2010
Nika-senpai said:
TensaiShonen said:
Itachi-san said:

QFT

The VN has lots of different endings.

You can play Makoto like a cheating asshole, or you can play play him nicely which can earn you good endings.

pillsbury15 said:
I love School Days it was really down-to-earth it could be taken more serious without the out of the blue fan-service (such as Katsura bathing) it was sick and twisted but ...

scabab said:
Theres something wrong when crap like Kanon, Air, and Azumanga Daioh have higher scores than School Days. Even Special A has a higher score, people whine about the violence then you have even worse, even gorier shows like Elfen Lied and that has a great score.

Because some people genuinely like shonen. Also, even though I haven't seen One Piece, my impression was that it was very different from Bleack or Naruto, aside from the "long" and "shonen" part.
I think it also has to do with the audiences, right now your mentioning shows that target different audiences.
Keep in mind that most shonen watchers wont be able to view this anime to the end, and most likely even drop it after the first episode.
Then there is also the audiences that don't like violence at all and purely started watching this Anime as a romantic or dramatic show.
And even in that group there are some that wont be able to watch the end.

I think because of the violent ending and the fact that it's a dramatic as well as romantic Anime, it tends to attract people from a different audience.
Who tend to drop it early or find this Anime bad because it doesn't match there taste or the things there waiting on just takes to long to happen.

As for me i liked watching this, i really started to hate Makoto and somehow saw the violence coming, i didn't expect a death tho.
And the ending was very surprising and nicely done.
Sep 9, 2010 6:10 PM

Feb 2008
I'm glad we understand each other ;D
Sep 12, 2010 8:10 PM

Apr 2010
Reading these replies and from past comments ive read on youtube it seems most of the hate is coming from people who didnt fully grasp what this show was trying to be.
Sep 14, 2010 6:32 PM
Aug 2008
I'm one of those people that hate School Days. But there were a lot of things that lead up to me hating it. Mostly it's the characters, particularly Makoto, who when presented with an opportunity to redeem himself ran away from his problems. Yes, such decisions do happen in real life, but even then when people make bad choices and have bad character you generally dislike/hate them.

The other characters weren't really developed and you couldn't connect with any one of the characters. And many - I'm sorry, ALL of the female characters threw themself at a guy who didn't really have any good qualities apart from being kind-of-cute and not outwardly being a total ass. That alone made a good portion of the female viewers hate the anime and even male viewers find it offensive.

There comes a point where you hate the main character so much that you'll either stop watching, or you'll hear a spoiler about the end that makes you force yourself to sit through it all just for that brief moment of satisfaction.

It was basically pretty average as an anime, and a 7 for it is a reasonably good rating.

As far as I'm concerned that rating shows that a lot of people were able to put aside their hate of the anime and vote it for all of its aspects, keeping in mind its story and the goal of the anime, which was to show what happens when potentially good characters make increasingly bad decisions.
Sep 17, 2010 4:47 AM
Sep 2010
I am disappointed at the fact they had to choose the ending I hate out of all the endings in the eroge. Sigh, but thats whats anime based on eroges are about. They choose the crappiest girl or the crappiest ending, so that you would want to play the eroge to redeem yourself. Personally, I think a rating of 7 suits this anime. Im not one of those people who loved this anime because Makoto finally got killed.
This anime teaches us a lesson no Harem would.
"Thou shall not commit adultery." The Seventh Commandment.
Though I am not a Christian, this rule basically apply to everyone even atheist, and people the people who actually upheld this commandment are not doing this out of fear of god, but fear of something like this anime happening to them.
Sep 18, 2010 3:44 PM

Aug 2010
The ending didnt suck!!!! it was just really emotionell!! and sad! for girls in that age to go that far, it´s really sad! but i rank the ending from 1/10 i give it a 8 becuse they where to yung and it was to brutall except that it was good!
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Sep 18, 2010 3:53 PM

Oct 2009
Mainly because the characters suffer from convenient idiocy and weren't likable in any way, shape, or form.
Sep 18, 2010 3:56 PM
Jun 2008
Because it's the worst anime ever made that people eat up like chocolate-coated turds only because of the sexuality and violence.
Sep 20, 2010 6:44 PM
Oct 2008
tehnominator said:
Because it's the worst anime ever made that people eat up like chocolate-coated turds only because of the sexuality and violence.

Worst ... Ever ... maybe you're overreacting a bit
Sep 21, 2010 3:25 PM

Apr 2009
Leon-Gun said:
JP_rNr said:
DestinySora said:
Besides the ending, it's because how nearly every girl is a whore

This man speaks the truth......

...rNr...
Soooooo, exactly how is that realistic? You have to have a really low view of humanity in general to treat that as realistic. I know women can be whores and men can be completely weak-willed and lust-fueled, but please don't confuse this as absolute truth. In reality people are a bit more nuanced.

No one said the majority of people have to be like that for it to be realistic,just the fact that there are people like that makes it realistic enough.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Sep 22, 2010 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
I hate the main character and the ending. Plus I watch it at the middle of the night and it makes it more scarier.

Sep 22, 2010 9:55 PM

May 2010
Because the show has no likeable characters, the designs are rather boring(I mean, they all have the same eye color, c'mon) and it had no plot at all.

It was about a guy, who had a crush on this girl, then he gets horny and go around whoring with every single girl.
It's just so tasteless.
- Realistic? Meh, I don't really know, since I've never seen a case like that in RL.
I mean. What the fuck was wrong with those girls?! Never have I seen girls behave like that. :s
They have no self respect, whatsoever.

The only thing I liked was the music and the ending.
I do like twisted endings, even though I'm not sure murder was the way to go.

love is such a strange thing
but with you, it doesn't matter

Sep 22, 2010 10:05 PM

Jun 2009
I thought it was petty good actually. It was interesting and I have never seen anything like it. It wasn't fluffy which is what I was afraid of. So I have to say, it was quite good. I don't honestly see why people dislike it. However, I would think it is because that cute style moe fiction like Kanon and Clannad draws them into such a concept but they get surprised by the plot and rate it down. I have never seen a show so hated that everyone has seen it like this one though, so I can't be that bad. ;)

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 22, 2010 11:13 PM

Apr 2010
I don't hate this anime, just dislike it. I'll be honest, a person watching this from an ignorant stance, will hate this anime (i'm guilty). By ignorant stance, I mean a person that is viewing this anime only to find lovable characters and ignores the things that has relevance to the real world.
I highly disliked this anime because of how the characters abused the concept of "love". Love, in this anime, was synonymous to lust. At first I fkin hated this anime, and thought every character was as despicable as can be; but I realized, that this anime is one of the best to imitate a problem that I see almost everyday, and also faced myself. As a senior in HS, I've seen countless of dudes like Makoto, who actually lost all of their senses because they had their first taste of vagina (sorry to be so blunt). I've witnessed countless of the most sweetest, and kindest girls to turn into heartless zombies because of that same douche. In simple terms, this anime is a facepalm of a realistic, yet despicable problem.
A small request: If there is a post of mine that you dislike, or want to discuss with me, please do so on my profile's comment page. I know it defeats the purpose of forums, but, I usually don't revisit forum threads after a post (unless it's my own) due to extreme laziness, and confusion. I enjoy discussing/ flame warring with others XD.
Oct 13, 2010 6:59 AM

Jul 2010
I only decided to watch this anime because of the recommendations that I've seen. So I was not expecting much from this series, except for the "infamous ending".

My opinion on this Anime:

Hated the characters personalities basically the whole way through, also possibly due to my hatred of "soap opera dramas" and the way this series was set out. As the "ending" started to flesh out (I wont spoil any of it) the turn of events were just to "random" and "improbable". I was thinking to myself, in this type of anime, how could an ending like this actually be considered (beginning at the school festival).

This series could of been great if it was set up differently from the beginning, too much is packed into the end and it just becomes to hectic and random.

In the end, I really enjoy great plot twists and unforeseeable endings but School Days does this very badly. Props to the final scenes, the only reason I am rating this series 5/10.
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

Oct 16, 2010 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
I wouldn't say I HATE School Days. It's just so mediocre.
Oct 16, 2010 10:32 AM

Aug 2009
for all those that say it isn't realistic...well seriously I don't know which dreamland you guys are from but where I live, you see kids like that in high school all the time. The moment guys waken to their sexuality, most of them have 1 goal through out their adolescent life; and that is to sleep with as many girls as they can to satisfy their libido(talking from self experience). I'm pretty sure its not just in anime as you'll see it in a lot of them American jock movies like American Pie and so on.

It happened when I was in high school, and it's still happening in my little sisters current high school as we speak(which I dread) and is all part of puberty. As for the girls wanting to sleep with Makoto, I remember when I was in high school there was always the jock that every girl wanted to date and at that age, most girls weren't about self-respect but more about their appearance. The only reasons why girls on here(and I won't say all girls) talk of self respect is that they're probably the type who were classed with the bookworms and probably didn't get the time of day when it came to appearance so can freely talk about SR. Yes kids were shallow and still are, but if you want to blame someone for it, then blame society and all them tv shows and fizzy pops.

As the saying goes: "Girls give sex to get love, where as guys give love to get sex" - this held true when I was in HS, and I won't vouch for anyone else now for it, but I'm pretty sure it's still true to this day

...so back to the anime, yes there were a lot of flaws to School Days for even myself to number, but I couldn't fault the show as it showed how horrific and raw people can get over such trivial matters....and although the series got carried away with the whole boat incident, but I believe that was only to add spice to what could have been a bland series should they have gone the other routes(the harem flag or the choose one person flag)
Oct 17, 2010 11:55 AM

Aug 2010
TensaiShonen said:
for all those that say it isn't realistic...well seriously I don't know which dreamland you guys are from but where I live, you see kids like that in high school all the time.
As the saying goes: "Girls give sex to get love, where as guys give love to get sex" - this held true when I was in HS, and I won't vouch for anyone else now for it, but I'm pretty sure it's still true to this day

Exactly, it is a little over the top but it is meant to show flaws in human nature. Especially with Makoto, who becomes obsessed with sex and starts to treat women as objects (personally I think he became a terrible person and he never fully understand the gravity of the situation and how terrible he was treating the girls).

As for the girls, a few of them just loved him so much that they lost touch with reality and would do anything to be with them or some were just sluts (the three who did with him at the same time at the end of the series).

I didn't like the show because I don't like going with depressing shows, but it does provide a moment for people to reflect on exactly why we do the things we do when it comes to sexual relations.
Oct 19, 2010 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
just weird to see that its around #70 or something in popularity, yet #2300 in rating.

first time through, it was shocking and quite disturbing. if i had rated it immediately after finishing it, i would put it around a 6 or 7.

rewatching it tho, analyzing it, and taking it for what it is (a truly unique "harem" anime), I am glad to give it a 9 rating. it deserves it...
Oct 24, 2010 5:52 PM

Mar 2009
I never found it to be disturbing, unlike most people.
Nov 3, 2010 3:32 AM

Oct 2010
"School Days" was meant to be, I think, an intentionally over-the-top portrayal of the worst/sickest teen obsessions you could find there. And for that reason I respect the premise.

But there's something that no fucked up storyline can justify: lack of proper character development. When I saw first girl, second girl, third girl opening their legs to Makoto's glory I started to feel out of the show, at all. You can't take seven (or more, didn't care to count) characters behaving the same and pretend it's realistic. You can't build a harem from nowhere and expect to be taken seriously.

I gave it a 6, which means I didn't love the show, but didn't hate it either. Didn't care for the presence of unlikeable characters (I think the series is intentionally driving us to hate them), but for those many things happening just for the sake of it.
Nov 11, 2010 1:04 AM

Sep 2007
Because it's shit

and no I am not talking about the ending.

The first 8-9 is okay but after that it was all hurrdurr girls let's have sex with the main character, threesome and shit just to let the audience hate him more so we can kill him in the most horrifying way to make this anime memorable
Dec 5, 2010 10:16 AM
Nov 2010
The main character wasn't likeable at all. But I will give the anime points for such a great ending. Probably the most satisfying ending I have ever seen.
Dec 13, 2010 6:20 PM

Aug 2009
The only reason I gave this a 7 was because I looked at the series this way:

The characters were meant to be hated... I guess. =D
Dec 18, 2010 1:52 PM

Dec 2010
I think it's because the ending must seemed too "terrible" for people(whiny voice), and the characters were too sex-driven. I still think its amazing though.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Dec 22, 2010 9:36 AM
Dec 2009
I thought school days was a brilliant anime. I guess it's coz how it relates to the people in my old school. I also hated the characters in School Days, and yet I still love the anime. I guess people don't understand that the characters are meant to be hated... and they don't really put much thought on why they hate them. But 7.04 is completely ridiculous. School Days deserves a much higher score.
Dec 26, 2010 9:37 PM

Aug 2010
The boat was way too nice for a high school student, obviously.

So unrealistic.
May 28, 2013 6:15 AM

May 2013
I was one of them who hate this anime and it is under my #2 worst anime.

At first, I like Kotonoha and Setsuna because they're my favorite characters. However, as the series progress by, they become submissive to Makoto's sex drive and I was like "Why the hell did you do this?????!!!!!". I started to dislike them.

Makoto Itou really screws girls and turns the anime from sweet romance to sour romance. He treats the girls like they're puppets. If I were a girl, I would slap Makoto so hard that he cry for mama. Makoto was a sweet person but then he became very despicable by having sex with girls. Trying to treat marriage as a fool especially people.
mercury1980Jun 21, 2013 4:36 PM
May 28, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2010
It seems most people who hate this just don't seem to get what this anime was trying to be. These sweet high school romance anime are a dime a dozen this however avoids clichés by being different.

Makoto was at first a normal guy, a girl let him grope her and was then dissatisfied when his girlfriend wouldn't let him, as the series went on he became more obsessed with sex and had less regard for girls and it showed the consequences of his actions.

I don't know why everyone wants the same old routine.
scababMay 31, 2013 10:10 PM
May 28, 2013 12:29 PM

Apr 2011
People are being ignorant - they judge it as a really bad show just because of the objective it had for the viewer, wanting to show possible consequences of cheating and betrayal in relationships. That IS realistic - it CAN happen. Just because you got mad at the character's doesn't neccessarily mean it's a bad show since it did what it was supposed to do.

And it's MUCH more enjoyable to watch than all the other school rom-com dramas that has aired - at least something ELSE happened in this show than watching the same shit with same stereotypical character's. This show's twist is its good part.

I don't detest this show at ALL.
May 28, 2013 6:30 PM

May 2013
I think it's hated so much because that's the feeling you get at the end of it.
It's not an anime where you think 'that was good' or 'that was crap.'
I can only speak for myself when I say the feeling I got at the end was 'I hate that dick Makoto.'
May 28, 2013 6:34 PM

May 2012
People hate it because they are small minded fools. School Days is a very realistic anime and depicts the way teenagers act in high school today. I bet you we all know 1 or 2 makoto's in our lives but we don't wish death upon them. It is so easy to vent our frustrations on a young boy. DONT WORRY MAKOTO, I GOT YOUR BACK.
May 28, 2013 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
It's easy to hate on a show with a douchebag as the MC because you don't grow an attachment to that character.
May 28, 2013 6:35 PM

Feb 2013
Jigero said:
Personally I think if you didn't hate it your doing it wrong. It was designed for you to hate it, I gave it a ten because it made me hate it and I hated it alot.

May 28, 2013 7:12 PM

Jun 2012
Jumpers123 said:
I think it's hated so much because that's the feeling you get at the end of it.
It's not an anime where you think 'that was good' or 'that was crap.'
I can only speak for myself when I say the feeling I got at the end was 'I hate that dick Makoto.'

Really? I liked Makoto. He was somewhat of an ass but he's a character, not a person. A good character can be evil, while an evil person is just horrible.
May 28, 2013 7:32 PM

Jan 2012
I don't hate the anime itself. I actually really enjoyed it.
But yes, the ending did ruin it for me. I was not expecting it at all. The end seriously freaked me out. I did not even finish the last episode. Often, I have thought of going back (considering I was younger then and that's why it had such a big affect, and now that I have seen more anime that was much more violent than that) but I still can't bring myself to do it. But once I get past that episode, I think I will raise the score to either a 7 or an 8. Right now I have it a 2 :P

(Yeah, I think I might rewatch that last ep....soon...)

May 28, 2013 8:46 PM

Apr 2013
gissellebatista said:
Jigero said:
Personally I think if you didn't hate it your doing it wrong. It was designed for you to hate it, I gave it a ten because it made me hate it and I hated it alot.

Some of us are dark and twisted and were enthraled and therefore thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm an angel though cross my heart.

School Days is seriously original, people shouldn't hate on it just because there's no happy go lucky trip or ending, if you do you missed the point. It's all about what they want and not want & how to go about trying to achieve this through what they do and not do, and ofcoarse more.

I think it's all too easy to just say :

Boy meets girl ------> nice boat ending ------> School Days is shit.
May 28, 2013 8:55 PM
Jul 2012
All of the characters in this anime are fucking thier personalties. Girls even playing him and he don`t know what to do and follows the wrong adivces she is givien. Terrible characters with an great ending.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1286 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:23 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 4:11 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 3:35 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.