Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 28, 2012 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
It's before Bake with adult Shinobu.
Those that suggest otherwise either dont know what prequel means or never saw the first scenes of Bakemonogatari ep1
Sep 30, 2012 4:07 AM

Aug 2008
Eucliwood_kun said:
Since this is a prequel doesn't that mean it takes place before the events of Bakemonogatari? Some suggest it's after with adult Shinobu -__-

She's only a child because she lost almost all of her power and reverted. She was as an adult before Bakemonogatari and she's like 400 years old.
Oct 24, 2012 9:33 AM

Jan 2012
Anyone have a source of some decent info on this. Nekomonogatari Kuro is now on MAL and scheduled for Dec 29th. I'm hoping this means they are planning to release Kizu before then.

*EDIT*

Seems the Dec 29th date is just a preview airing... welp. Guess my hopes are dashed already.
Oct 24, 2012 9:47 AM

Aug 2009
Ginko-Senpai said:
Anyone have a source of some decent info on this. Nekomonogatari Kuro is now on MAL and scheduled for Dec 29th. I'm hoping this means they are planning to release Kizu before then.

*EDIT*

Seems the Dec 29th date is just a preview airing... welp. Guess my hopes are dashed already.

It's SHAFT.Asking them for a proper schedule is too much.
Oct 28, 2012 4:28 AM

Jun 2010
Eucliwood_kun said:
Since this is a prequel doesn't that mean it takes place before the events of Bakemonogatari? Some suggest it's after with adult Shinobu -__-

It's about Koyomi's meeting with Shinobu before she's actually Shinobu...
Gotta remember that she was a vampire named Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade until Koyomi became her master.

I read the novel.

babler said:

She's only a child because she lost almost all of her power and reverted. She was as an adult before Bakemonogatari and she's like 400 years old.

Kaka somebody hasn't read the book.
Nov 4, 2012 9:06 AM

Jul 2009
icantfeelmyarms said:
Eucliwood_kun said:

Gotta remember that she was a vampire named Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade until Koyomi became her master.

I read the novel.

babler said:

I read the novel too and I don't see anything wrong with his statement, other than the fact that I remember Shinobu saying she's around 500 years old.
Nov 4, 2012 11:47 AM

May 2011
Master_of_Fear said:
icantfeelmyarms said:
Eucliwood_kun said:

I read the novel.

babler said:

I read the novel too and I don't see anything wrong with his statement, other than the fact that I remember Shinobu saying she's around 500 years old.
Maybe he was referring to himself by somebody.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 4, 2012 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
Karhu said:
Master_of_Fear said:
icantfeelmyarms said:
Eucliwood_kun said:

I read the novel.

babler said:

Maybe he was referring to himself by somebody.

No, because in his reply to Eucliwood_kun said just above that he stated he read the novel so he wouldn't be referring to himself, guess it doesn't really matter though.
Nov 16, 2012 7:44 PM

Sep 2012
After reading the novel, all I can say is FUCK YES!

Araragi is by far my favorite character in the monogatari series, thank god Kizumonogatari is translated!
Nov 19, 2012 11:22 PM

Sep 2011
icantfeelmyarms said:
babler said:

like Master_of_Fear said, that statement isnt completely wrong
Dec 9, 2012 10:49 AM

Apr 2009
Red_Keys said:
After reading the novel, all I can say is FUCK YES!

Araragi is by far my favorite character in the monogatari series, thank god Kizumonogatari is translated!

^This. I thought Koyomi was good in the other series, but damn, his character development in Kizu was awesome. It's what launched him into my top 10 list.
Dec 9, 2012 11:16 AM
Dec 2009
Does anyone know roughly when it'll come out? + blu-ray release date?
Dec 9, 2012 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
KingOfNoodles said:
Does anyone know roughly when it'll come out? + blu-ray release date?
Nope.Maybe in 2013.
Dec 9, 2012 11:30 AM
Sep 2012
wait wut? isnt this a movie? arghgh so confused.
Dec 9, 2012 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
xtremexx said:
wait wut? isnt this a movie? arghgh so confused.
It is a movie.The release date is unknown.
Jul 17, 2013 9:12 AM

Jun 2013
kizumonogatari..

really love this anime especially senjougahara's character. let's see how this one works on me without tsundere moe-chan.
i lack on english but, i want to speak!
Jul 30, 2013 7:32 PM
Jan 16, 2015 12:54 PM

Feb 2014
"Confirmed."

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
Jan 25, 2015 11:39 AM
Dec 2014
i have a feeling that SHAFT will animate this as the last installation of the monogatari series
dustinator1991 said:
You like hentai for your favorite anime so you have no room to talk.

Jan 25, 2015 11:42 AM

Dec 2014
It's been 5yrs. Lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
5 fucking years lol
Feb 14, 2015 7:20 PM

Jul 2014
5 years have gone by and we're no closer to a fixed release.

Lol.
Feb 15, 2015 4:03 AM

Sep 2012
mrlmaokun said:

Lol.
With Nisioisin saying that Zoku Owarimonogatari is no longer the final book with at least Tsugimonogatari coming this may put Kizu off even further as the only timing that makes sense now for the prequel movie is for it to be last after absolutely everything else is done. Would be silly to have a prequel now.

Remember, at the time Nisioisin intended Kizu to END the series. He didn't mean to write more. It just sort of wrote itself... Then Nisemonogatari was supposed to be the end. Then... he tried to end it SEVEN TIMES but he just can't put it to bed.
Feb 15, 2015 4:16 AM

Apr 2014
hpulley said:
mrlmaokun said:

Lol.
With Nisioisin saying that Zoku Owarimonogatari is no longer the final book with at least Tsugimonogatari coming this may put Kizu off even further as the only timing that makes sense now for the prequel movie is for it to be last after absolutely everything else is done. Would be silly to have a prequel now.

Remember, at the time Nisioisin intended Kizu to END the series. He didn't mean to write more. It just sort of wrote itself... Then Nisemonogatari was supposed to be the end. Then... he tried to end it SEVEN TIMES but he just can't put it to bed.

In shorter words, the series is being milked.
Mar 3, 2016 6:48 PM

Jul 2014
hpulley said:
mrlmaokun said:

Lol.

Hahaha..... welp
Mar 3, 2016 7:23 PM

Sep 2012
mrlmaokun said:
hpulley said:

Hahaha..... welp
Tsugimonogatari just meant "next story" and now we have Orokamonogatari and Wazamonogatari with two more coming after that. It may never end... Nademonogatari and Musubimonogatari on their way in 2016.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Djidji - Jan 29, 2016

224 by otakuanity »»
Mar 25, 2:57 PM

» Disregarding the fact that the internal monologues were omitted, how good of an adaptation do the people who have watched the movie think it is?

Mado_Mura - Jan 10, 2016

6 by KleptoKritikal »»
Mar 5, 7:00 AM

Poll: » What would you do if you have your limbs chopped off, laying in the ground and no one notices you?

TheRayquaza - Jan 22

16 by dicloflom »»
Jan 23, 8:55 PM

» Needs the gore tag

RaltsPokemon - Dec 15, 2023

5 by RaltsPokemon »»
Dec 18, 2023 10:40 AM

» Can I watch this? ( 1 2 )

Cheggeronis - Jul 12, 2023

53 by LordAtsukiYoru »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.