Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2010 4:04 PM

Jun 2008
People need to realize this isn't a case of "OMG MAL WAS DOWN FOR AN HOUR WHAT THE FUUUUUU-" and similar retardation. I can handle some downtime and glitches, they're unavoidable, but these problems have been constant and have lasted longer than they reasonably should have (like, over a month). And despite this topic being created three days ago, we still have not seen any progress, nor have we gotten any updates.

Of course, I don't know how busy Xinil is in his everyday life, but I'm beginning to wonder how much he actually cares about this site. These kinds of problems shouldn't take more than 1-2 weeks to fix, if that, and if he doesn't have the time to get things done, he should find someone else who does to help with coding the site.

Free service, get a life, blah blah blah, I've heard it. If you're going to argue with me, at least make it something worth responding to.
Jul 17, 2010 4:38 PM
Mar 2009
I agree with Redfoxoffire. Moreover, this topic has been closed by none other the admin itself while saying "Most/All of the database issues have been resolved." and "Messages will be back up in the 'hopefully' near future.", although the issue is -still- not resolved. If you have time to browse the forums, maybe fix the website first?

To me it seems that topic gathered too many bad opinions and was closed for that reason. It seems the admin of this site is perfectly fine with shutting up people's mouths (for no apparent good reason), otherwise he would have closed the topic when the problem was actually (and visibly, and functionally) gone.
pedosenseiJul 17, 2010 4:44 PM
Jul 17, 2010 4:40 PM
Sep 2008
Redfoxoffire said:
People need to realize this isn't a case of "OMG MAL WAS DOWN FOR AN HOUR WHAT THE FUUUUUU-" and similar retardation. I can handle some downtime and glitches, they're unavoidable, but these problems have been constant and have lasted longer than they reasonably should have (like, over a month). And despite this topic being created three days ago, we still have not seen any progress, nor have we gotten any updates.

Of course, I don't know how busy Xinil is in his everyday life, but I'm beginning to wonder how much he actually cares about this site. These kinds of problems shouldn't take more than 1-2 weeks to fix, if that, and if he doesn't have the time to get things done, he should find someone else who does to help with coding the site.

Free service, get a life, blah blah blah, I've heard it. If you're going to argue with me, at least make it something worth responding to.

I dunno if there hasn't been any progress, I mean, the site isn't running super smoothly, but at least the clubs section isn't making you refresh about 10 times before you see your club listings like it was a few days ago. Things like these come in babysteps, regardless of how much Xinil cares/doesn't care/has enough time. Debug is frustrating as shit to do. Although yeah, I do think he should find people who can help. It probably would help more than it could hurt. It's a lot better than just watching people either bitch about the site's issues or bitch about people who are "bein mean 2 da adminz TT_TT."

pedosensei said:
I agree with Redfoxoffire. Moreover, this topic has been closed by none other the admin itself while saying "Most/All of the database issues have been resolved." and "Messages will be back up in the 'hopefully' near future.", although the issue is -still- not resolved. If you have time to browse the forums, maybe fix the website first?

To me it seems that topic gathered too many bad opinions and was closed for that reason. It seems the admin of this site is perfectly fine with shutting up people's mouths (for no apparent good reason), otherwise he would have closed the topic when the problem was actually (and visibly, and functionally) gone.

Loooooooooool Wow. "STFU NOTHING IS WRONG *LOX*" That always helps issues.
Jul 17, 2010 5:15 PM
Nov 2008
TheDrunkenShadow said:
Rule 14: Do not argue with trolls - it means that they win.

That being said... OMG I COULDN'T ACCESS MAL FOR A FEW HOURS AND THERE'S GLITCHES MY LIFE IS OVERRRRRRR!!!

People today are so whiny. >.>

It'll take me one guess to find out who hasn't been logging onto MAL for the last two years on a regular basis.

Also, I do believe that's a bullshit rule.
no-thanksJul 17, 2010 5:21 PM
Jul 18, 2010 2:01 AM

Jul 2008
you guys love to complain when you're not doing the work... if i was the admin/whatever of this website i'd say "good luck with excel," and find a way to ban your IP from this website

i'm not really technically-savvy when it comes to software, but i'm using this site for exactly what i need it for... to keep records of what i watch/read... and guess what? its still doing that... OMG who knew? the one thing the site was made for is still working for its intended reasons o.O ... i am really surprised (now if it weren't still keeping record, then you have legitimate reasons to bitch)

the only problem i actually see, is that the clubs section show that i belong to 2 clubs, when i dont belong to any... oh no, i cant survive under those conditions... what ever shall i do?
Jul 18, 2010 2:35 AM
Sep 2008
BlackTruth said:
you guys love to complain when you're not doing the work... if i was the admin/whatever of this website i'd say "good luck with excel," and find a way to ban your IP from this website

i'm not really technically-savvy when it comes to software, but i'm using this site for exactly what i need it for... to keep records of what i watch/read... and guess what? its still doing that... OMG who knew? the one thing the site was made for is still working for its intended reasons o.O ... i am really surprised (now if it weren't still keeping record, then you have legitimate reasons to bitch)

the only problem i actually see, is that the clubs section show that i belong to 2 clubs, when i dont belong to any... oh no, i cant survive under those conditions... what ever shall i do?

Haven't you learned that the internet is used for complaining yet?
Jul 18, 2010 3:05 AM

Jul 2009
Don't rush, take your time to fix it accurately.
I have also patience.

Jul 18, 2010 3:36 AM

Feb 2008
BlackTruth said:

Welcome to the Internet. :)
Jul 18, 2010 3:48 AM
Nov 2008
BlackTruth said:

And then it turns out the user you IP banned from the site was actually posting from a largely populated building with a public connection, and now many users can't access the site.

Oh, how things could possibly backfire.

'Sides, if there was no one here to complain I'd hate to see the state the site would be in.
Jul 18, 2010 7:27 AM

Jul 2009
SnG said:
o: Finally a response.

Take it down if you want. We'll behave as long as it is working when it's back up. :3

i agree.take ur time,if u need it^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2010 9:31 AM
Mar 2010
Thank you for the information. I was starting to worry seeing as how I can't access my 112 messages ^^;
Hope you get everthing up and running properly soon. but take your time xD
Jul 18, 2010 9:36 AM

Feb 2008
The site has been broken for the last two years. Instead of major fixes we get layout changes or other hilariously pointless new editions that are just tweaks of what we've already had most of the time. I'm tired of the "server" excuses as well. It's time professional coders were hired to fix the actual site itself and make it functional, until then as someone who has been here for years it's easy to say this site is never going to magically fix itself on its own. Someone needs to start caring or swallow their gut to hire outside sources to fix this place. This is easily one of the most unfunctional user/DB driven sites I've ever been to.
Jul 18, 2010 10:43 AM

Jun 2008
Onibokusu said:
'Sides, if there was no one here to complain I'd hate to see the state the site would be in.

Exactly. Sometimes these complainers can be actually be very good for the progression of a site.
Jul 18, 2010 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
Echelon said:
The site has been broken for the last two years. Instead of major fixes we get layout changes or other hilariously pointless new editions that are just tweaks of what we've already had most of the time. I'm tired of the "server" excuses as well. It's time professional coders were hired to fix the actual site itself and make it functional, until then as someone who has been here for years it's easy to say this site is never going to magically fix itself on its own. Someone needs to start caring or swallow their gut to hire outside sources to fix this place. This is easily one of the most unfunctional user/DB driven sites I've ever been to.

I'd have to agree to an extent, but that is simply because I love using this site and constantly being bombarded by errors every couple of weeks royally pisses me off. It is getting ridiculous, but I highly doubt is such a simple matter of hiring help or fixing all of the problems with the wave of a magic wand.
Jul 18, 2010 10:38 PM

May 2008
People complain because they care about the service. That's how it works.

http://books.google.com/books?id=OnZLxKfFewEC&printsec=frontcover

Read at least the foreword please. Customers are the reason the service exists, and a complaint is (usually) a perfect indicator on how to improve. Especially in a service where there are likely to be disruptions, it's the way you recover that shows the customer you actually care and builds their loyalty.

The more the ball gets dropped the more people head to alternative services like AniDB and Anime-Planet... and the more the advertising revenue is going to decrease.

Don't get me wrong... I know this is stressful for everyone, but many people here don't feel like there is enough getting done, and there should be more communication. Those saying there is no right to complain have missed the point entirely, since these are valid valuable complaints. It's not the "hour downtime oh noes!" that people are complaining about... it's the chronic database woes that have plagued the site for the past year, but that have increased in recent months as usage has increased.

I am a banana.
Jul 19, 2010 2:36 AM

Mar 2010
Finally.. I couldn't open my messages.. I want to read them as I have 21 messages right now, begging for me to read them.. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 19, 2010 9:06 AM
Aug 2009
extatix said:
Ah, take your time fixing it. Let the unfriendly users complain all they want.

I agree, it's summer anyways :p
Sincerely,
Countar
Jul 19, 2010 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
LunaNightmare said:
Yeah,I haven't been able to check my messages-it just keeps saying it's been disabled for the time being~ D:

Same for me.

Jul 19, 2010 11:21 AM

Jun 2009
Megumi21 said:
Finally.. I couldn't open my messages.. I want to read them as I have 21 messages right now, begging for me to read them.. :D

Yes my dear but I have 215 of them, chances are they are just junk from clubs sent too many times. So just be patient.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 19, 2010 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
saka said:
People complain because they care about the service. That's how it works.

http://books.google.com/books?id=OnZLxKfFewEC&printsec=frontcover

Read at least the foreword please. Customers are the reason the service exists, and a complaint is (usually) a perfect indicator on how to improve. Especially in a service where there are likely to be disruptions, it's the way you recover that shows the customer you actually care and builds their loyalty.

The more the ball gets dropped the more people head to alternative services like AniDB and Anime-Planet... and the more the advertising revenue is going to decrease.

Don't get me wrong... I know this is stressful for everyone, but many people here don't feel like there is enough getting done, and there should be more communication. Those saying there is no right to complain have missed the point entirely, since these are valid valuable complaints. It's not the "hour downtime oh noes!" that people are complaining about... it's the chronic database woes that have plagued the site for the past year, but that have increased in recent months as usage has increased.

I worked in customer service for awhile. Depending on the way you complain, it decides just how far the person helping you is willing to go. If you complain in a very nasty manner, the person you are complaining to is going to do the very least to satisfy your complaints. If you complain in a pleasant way, it'll make the same person more willing to go the extra mile for you. So I don't think it's the complaints that are the issue so much as the way people are going about the complaining on here. I hope what I just said makes sense. My English sucks! lol

Jul 19, 2010 11:06 PM

Dec 2007
Hope this gets solved soon. i also want to read my messages and I'm sure they're not junk...

Jul 20, 2010 5:56 AM

Sep 2007
JadedLover said:
I worked in customer service for awhile. Depending on the way you complain, it decides just how far the person helping you is willing to go. If you complain in a very nasty manner, the person you are complaining to is going to do the very least to satisfy your complaints. If you complain in a pleasant way, it'll make the same person more willing to go the extra mile for you. So I don't think it's the complaints that are the issue so much as the way people are going about the complaining on here. I hope what I just said makes sense. My English sucks! lol

Have to add that most people who complain in a "nasty manner" now, did complain politely in the past for several times, yet nothing came out of it. So it's kinda understandable that some people lose their temper.
Jul 20, 2010 9:36 AM

Oct 2009
Tessa said:
Hope this gets solved soon. i also want to read my messages and I'm sure they're not junk...

Same here, but mostly because I can't send club updates atm T_T

Anyway, keep up the good work fixing it. Take enough time to get rid of those MySQL errors.
Jul 20, 2010 1:00 PM
Jan 2010
Cheers for the announcement. Good luck fixing it!
Jul 20, 2010 3:05 PM

Aug 2008
Thank You for the update.

How you go about fixing the issue isn't something we should tell you; I'm sure you will fix it how you want to and when you want to :)
I hope it doesn't give you too much trouble, or take too much of your free time away. Your work is appreciated.
Jul 20, 2010 10:35 PM

Jul 2009
I still miss PMs......

This website sucks. I need a new forum.