Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2010 6:38 PM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like the villains are actually stepping things up a little. Nice plan, but it was lost the moment Zakenna's stupid rear decided to throw them into a wall instead of continuing to strangle them.
...Oh, and- Expanding needle-fingernails? Pisard could be a very effective fighter, if he'd stop relying on his incompetent underling. Then again, maybe that's a fight for the finale (...oh God I hope so, that could be epic).
Just my two cents.
Aug 8, 2010 10:30 AM

Aug 2010
Pisard kinda scares me though, cause he looks funny. I suppose if he was serious he could beat them, but they never seem to be completely serious, do they?
Feb 22, 2011 11:31 PM

Feb 2010
Pissard/Bowie... actually came up with an ok plan... but honestly, he didn't even need to dress as a student teacher, cuz all he did was have the other teacher do the dirty work and bring Nagisa to the Gym. He coulda just done that w/o a costume. oh well.

Next episode is the field trippppp....
Jan 10, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2016
These episodes are getting better and better.
I really like that Evil David Bowie is such a hands on villain. I didnt expect him to show up so often. Normally the villains in these kinds of shows only show themselves on rare occasions. Really refreshing^^

And the plan this time wasnt bad either. I bet if he actually fought them by himself he'd be doing much better than Zakenna. I hope we see them fight at least once, that would be epic.

I cant believe how much im into this show already, considering i started this series with the expectation to hate it. :)

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 10, 2017 12:43 AM

Jan 2010
This anime is extremely silly and cheesy, but at the same time it's quite charming and fun. In all honesty, I'm making fun of every quirk and cliche I see, ranging from Pissard's name and 70s rock band reject outfit to Mipple's/Mepple's verbal ticks that are fascinating artifacts of their time, to which I think I've gotten past the annoyance of them. It's an honest to goodness cash grab series, but strangely enough, I don't see blatant manipulation in Futari wa Pretty Cure. It reminds me of watching Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or other cartoons from the 80s and 90s that were obviously made to sell toys, but were still fun as hell to watch. Perhaps it's because the series isn't trying to speak to an unspecific audience, convincing them to become supporters of the brand name, but it's showing off cheap cell phone toys, pouches and collectible cards to kids for later purchase. It's not being malevolent or devious, but endearing in a really dumb way.

Oh, and I'm seriously enjoying the main characters with how they're not afraid to get into a brawl. None of the battles yet were magically solved by wave motion cannons, we still have some good old fashion punches and kicks mixed in. Really enjoying that aspect so far.
Dec 15, 2017 5:19 AM
May 2017
I don't know why their Sensei thinks disguised David Bowie is cute, cause he's not xD
But the fighting scenes were awesome as always.
Nov 6, 2018 6:16 AM

Jul 2015
Another fun episode, the comedy has been solid so far, both sigh of relief of the students for not being chosen to do the trip planning and then their happiness for not doing class since the teacher wasn't there were too relatable.

Not sure if it's the long-ass hand but the big baddie honestly looks quite menacing, and Pissard definitely seems to agree with the pressure he's getting.

Maybe it's just me but Honoka's grandma looks pretty aware of the situation, she might know what is going on with our main duo.
Apr 3, 2022 2:49 AM

Aug 2020
The girls saved the teacher and still got chewed out for it. Unlucky.

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

May 9, 2022 2:09 PM
Nov 2020
Loved this episode Pisard as student teacher is great. Shout out to the teacher for wanting to get a piece of him. Starting to get used to mipple and mapple's voices. This episode I guess feels like the 1st of a formula which is something I can get behind.
Oct 29, 2022 4:35 AM

May 2018
At this point I just feel sad for David Bowie
Jan 17, 2023 10:49 AM
Feb 2022
Basicamente aunque hubo lore y demas, las chicas tenain que reslver todo por la calentura de la maestra
Feb 5, 12:22 AM

Dec 2022
White is learning to fight physical heck yeah!
RETURN TO THE DARKNESS FROM WHICH YOU CAME!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 5 Discussion

Sasuke10271994 - Aug 9, 2010

14 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 16, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 21 Discussion

MusashiRose - Mar 9, 2011

14 by ILOVEMEIKO »»
Mar 30, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 49 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 13, 2011

17 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 5, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 47 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 13, 2011

7 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 5, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Episode 46 Discussion

MusashiRose - Mar 30, 2011

8 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.