1.4%
4.5%
4.8%
8.9%
25.8%
16.5%
18.9%
291 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 16, 2009 11:54 AM

Aug 2007
Chavez said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
chinlamp said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
abbigale_tao said:
I love it!!! why the fuck doesn't it count as an anime?
I would have written 10!!!

It doesn't count as an anime because it was not made in Japan.

*cough*KoreaChinaIndonesia*cough*

But let's not get into that again.

None of those countries make anime.

Naruto's animation is outsourced to Korea.

If that was true then the animation would be 10 x better. Naruto's animation is horrible.
Dec 16, 2009 3:38 PM

Jul 2008
Ten, no doubt. Kept me captivated, excited and on the edge of my seat throughout. Fantastic story, great characters and hilarious comedy. Even the use of a deus ex machina in its finale was extremely well done. I seriously do not think it could have been any better, and wouldn't hesitate to put it in my top three series of all time.

Also, for the record, Avatar is not an anime even though the animation was done in Korea. The original idea, the script, the storyboards, the character designs; it all originated in America. It is American. Korea also handles the animation for Spongebob Squarepants, is that an anime too?
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Dec 16, 2009 7:59 PM

Dec 2009
Is that some redundant redundancy I see there?

Umm... I don't think so, it's just how I would describe that animation.
Dec 16, 2009 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
Critter said:
Is that some redundant redundancy I see there?

Umm... I don't think so, it's just how I would describe that animation.

Okay fine. How would you define the the general caricature style that we see in most anime (KyuuA4, please don't answer this question! Give Critter here a chance to answer)?
Dec 16, 2009 8:27 PM

Jun 2009
9 most definitely. I loved this show back then. It was nice to see something different on nick. I don't know what made me attached to this show but after watching the first episode, i was hooked! Aang was so cute and Sokka and Zuko were fucking amazing! lol
I really am going to miss this show. I'm excited to see the movie but i feel it's going to suck horribly...
:):):):):):):)

Dec 16, 2009 8:39 PM

Aug 2008
Hypeathon said:
Okay fine. How would you define the the general caricature style that we see in most anime (KyuuA4, please don't answer this question! Give Critter here a chance to answer)?

Alright, I won't answer. Instead, I'll post a video close to how I feel about that restraining order:

And just as I was about to write this post... lookee what I found. XD

NOTE: I've only managed to catch just 2 episodes to Avatar. It's what I get for having Sports on TV all the time. But y'know what... I'll get around to the rest of 'em.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Dec 16, 2009 8:56 PM

Jun 2009
7 cause was an ok show but a bit long and draged on for a while, if it didnt then i might have give it a higher score.
Dec 16, 2009 9:11 PM
Dec 2008
only saw an episode or two, the animation was really great. Might watch the whole series some day.
Dec 17, 2009 12:33 AM

Aug 2007
KyuuA4 said:
Hypeathon said:

Alright, I won't answer. Instead, I'll post a video close to how I feel about that restraining order:

And just as I was about to write this post... lookee what I found. XD

NOTE: I've only managed to catch just 2 episodes to Avatar. It's what I get for having Sports on TV all the time. But y'know what... I'll get around to the rest of 'em.

Must be one shitty torrent site to mislabel something like that.
Dec 17, 2009 7:16 AM

Oct 2009
Even though its not technically an anime i believe that for an American cartoon this is one the best. The artwork is good and the story is interesting, plus creative. The characters are developed well and they're not flat in character traits. I've watched the whole series because I've really enjoyed it! I would give Avatar: the Last Airbender a ten, this is judging it against American cartoons though.
Dec 17, 2009 12:07 PM

Nov 2009
Yes I agree. When you compare it to other American cartoons it leaves them all in the dust. It was just about the only show that I ever watched on Nickelodean. >< The plot was very intricate and well thought out, and I loved the characters. Sadly, so far the movie doesn't seem like it will do justice to the series.... *sigh* Poor Zuko... :(

R.I.P J.D. Salinger <3
Dec 17, 2009 12:42 PM

Oct 2009
I dislike the choice in an actor for Zuko!! >_< I really might not get over that during the movie. XD
Dec 19, 2009 8:23 PM

Aug 2007
Chibi_Poppet said:
Yes I agree. When you compare it to other American cartoons it leaves them all in the dust. It was just about the only show that I ever watched on Nickelodean. >< The plot was very intricate and well thought out, and I loved the characters. Sadly, so far the movie doesn't seem like it will do justice to the series.... *sigh* Poor Zuko... :(

Maybe modern ones. Avatar sucks compared to late 80s-90s cartoons though.
Dec 19, 2009 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
Appleasian said:
Even though its not technically an anime i believe that for an American cartoon this is one the best. The artwork is good and the story is interesting, plus creative. The characters are developed well and they're not flat in character traits. I've watched the whole series because I've really enjoyed it! I would give Avatar: the Last Airbender a ten, this is judging it against American cartoons though.

If there's one thing to hope for... someone else to follow suit and do even better than Avatar.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.