Forum Settings
Forums

'Synduality' Reveals Main Staff, Second Teaser Promo, 2023 Premiere

New
Nov 30, 2022 11:06 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The official website of the Synduality television anime revealed the main staff and the second teaser promo on Wednesday. The anime is scheduled to air in Japan on TV Tokyo and stream worldwide exclusively on Disney+ in 2023.

Staff
Director: Yuusuke Yamamoto (Knight's & Magic)
Original Story: Hajime Kamoshida (Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai)
Series Composition: Takashi Aoshima (Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Kenichiro Katsura (Macross 7, Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken)
Production Design: Kou Inaba (Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo mechanical design)
Legendary Design: Kazutaka Miyatake (Macross mechanical design)
Art Director: Kenta Masuda (Comet Lucifer)
Music: Masato Nakayama (Senki Zesshou Symphogear G)

Animation studio 8bit is producing the sci-fi anime series. Ippei Gyoubu (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans mechanical design) is the Coffin designer, and illustrator neco (Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?) is credited as the original character designer.

Synduality is a sci-fi project created by Bandai Namco Entertainment, Bandai Namco Filmworks, and Bandai Spirits, which includes a game and a television anime.

Teaser PV 2

Source: Comic Natalie
Nov 30, 2022 11:14 AM

Feb 2021
Feels like plaing random RPG game and not anime. So horrible.
Nov 30, 2022 11:31 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
story by the goat
but that trailer looks very low budget
lets see if the show looks decent or bad

Nov 30, 2022 5:32 PM

Mar 2019
Won't bother with the game, but might check the anime out. looks cool and high effort enough, I guess. Don't really care about Hajime Kamoshida's work personally, so won't have high expectations on that front.

The cg looks good enough, I guess I personally have quite low standards though.

Memore said:

Well, I suppose that's what they'd want you to feel considering there's also the random RPG game coming out.
Nov 30, 2022 5:36 PM

Oct 2022
That looks absolutely terrible. The music is even worse. Commercial for a game that probably won't be any good.
Nov 30, 2022 7:47 PM

Aug 2016
SuperAdventure said:
That looks absolutely terrible. The music is even worse. Commercial for a game that probably won't be any good.

The music is actually good but it´s so out of place.
:v
Nov 30, 2022 8:10 PM

Feb 2021
Kumiveneella said:
Won't bother with the game, but might check the anime out. looks cool and high effort enough, I guess. Don't really care about Hajime Kamoshida's work personally, so won't have high expectations on that front.

The cg looks good enough, I guess I personally have quite low standards though.

Memore said:

Well, I suppose that's what they'd want you to feel considering there's also the random RPG game coming out.

I understand this. But it is really very bad looking. Legend of Mana anime series looks good on the contrary, it has also the game source.
Dec 1, 2022 2:10 AM

Feb 2019
BerriesSan said:
story by the goat

"Low budget." Now, I'd really like to know what that actually means, if of course it actually means anything. This complaint appears more as merely a combination of two different errors the anime community makes often; first, the assumption that in animation, quality and budget correlate (when in fact the former relies on inherent talent and the latter is simply facilitating it or its lack), and second, seemingly completely losing any evaluative ability the second one looks at a 3D object.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Dec 1, 2022 4:58 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
O_T_T said:
BerriesSan said:
story by the goat

"Low budget." Now, I'd really like to know what that actually means, if of course it actually means anything. This complaint appears more as merely a combination of two different errors the anime community makes often; first, the assumption that in animation, quality and budget correlate (when in fact the former relies on inherent talent and the latter is simply facilitating it or its lack), and second, seemingly completely losing any evaluative ability the second one looks at a 3D object.

Stfu bro, I phrased it that way cuz the trailer looks low quality but the actual animation work seems competent
That's why I couldn't say it looks bad
It just feels lower budget than a proper produced seasonal anime
Not just cgi either, the 2d animation looks more limited and economic.
That's why let's see if the whole thing looks good or bad. Rn is a bit too early to judge.
Also, Don't be such a bother online, ppl say a lot of shit without much care, don't be so eager to point someone's mistake.
I know more about anime production than u.

Dec 3, 2022 5:17 AM

Oct 2017
Cute waifus so prolly gonna watch.
Dec 9, 2022 2:20 AM
Apr 2022
Reading the comments, I agree with the community sentiments.

Community does not want obvious 3D CGI that looks too 3D....mixed up with the standard 2D animations, with the usual 60fps fram rate, then you get 2d 8-12 fps frame rate, it looks awkward, janky and just jerks you out of the immersion. At worst, you feel absolutely cringey. This is acceptable/bearable in 2000s, but now doesnt fly in 2022-2023 and beyond.

This goes for Idol anime and mecha anime....if the 3d is so blatant, its just simply unbearable to watch. Your brain just picks up on the imperfection, and the series is dropped, and bad ratings given.

The only studio I notice that has successfully manage to pull this off is Sunrise in partnership with Sublimation....the quality in Gundam and the Love Live Superstar has been good and watchable at least.

Since this show is also produced by Bandai, I hope they can improve on the animation, here's hoping this series can still be saved.
Dec 20, 2022 6:19 PM

Jul 2015
BerriesSan said:
O_T_T said:

Stfu bro, I phrased it that way cuz the trailer looks low quality but the actual animation work seems competent
That's why I couldn't say it looks bad
It just feels lower budget than a proper produced seasonal anime
Not just cgi either, the 2d animation looks more limited and economic.
That's why let's see if the whole thing looks good or bad. Rn is a bit too early to judge.
Also, Don't be such a bother online, ppl say a lot of shit without much care, don't be so eager to point someone's mistake.
I know more about anime production than u.

Bro literally went full 🤓 on you lol
And I have to agree. Trailer looks very underwhelming and it is supposed to be something that sells us the product, so it supposed to be sakuga. Shame, because premise seems somewhat interesting.

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
34 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.