Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 12, 2020 9:01 AM
Oct 2020
What's everyone's problem with beastars, people shouldn't ride it off because of a few sus scenes, yes it's really weird, but cmon, it was a good show. People who haven't even seen it are making fun of people for watching. Personally I enjoyed most of it.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
DeadlyRavenNov 13, 2020 7:56 AM
Nov 12, 2020 9:05 AM

Jun 2016
>What's everyone's problem with beastars
None. I thought it was well received.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 12, 2020 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
it was pretty good and i don't think anyone with good taste in anime will dislike it let alone make fun. I can imagine those people as fans of a certain show called SAO
Nov 13, 2020 1:11 AM

Nov 2016
I don't think it's badly recieved. It's pretty popular and has a pretty good score, but people tend to stear clear from furry and cgi shows. So I guess you can't blame them, if they aren't ready to try something new.
Nov 13, 2020 1:12 AM

Feb 2019
I think a lot of people definately avoided it, but I don't think anyone has really had anything bad to say about it from what I have heard (as long as they watched it).
but yeah no suprise ur saying people are getting made fun of watching it, but I doubt those people who are making fun are even anime fans to begin with as anyone who knows anything about beastars, knows that it is a well respected show.
Nov 13, 2020 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't seen it being badly received at all , can you show us certain examples OP ?
Nov 13, 2020 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
This show is probably one of the smarter ones these past few years since Re:ZERO. People just got filtered, as usual, nothing new to see here.
Nov 13, 2020 6:04 AM

Apr 2015
I have not seen people complaining about it. It is also a really good show.
Nov 13, 2020 7:57 AM

May 2009
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
Dec 17, 2020 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
Enrav1x said:
it was pretty good and i don't think anyone with good taste in anime will dislike it let alone make fun. I can imagine those people as fans of a certain show called SAO
Why would SAO fans not like the show? I like SAO and aside from getting used to the 3d animation of this show, I am having no issues liking it.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Dec 24, 2020 6:20 AM

Sep 2018
We shouldn't deny it, there is a problem with this show's reception. Going from 8.42 to 8.08 in just one year after it finished airing isn't a normal score degradation.

anitown said:
What's everyone's problem with beastars, people shouldn't ride it off because of a few sus scenes, yes it's really weird, but cmon, it was a good show. People who haven't even seen it are making fun of people for watching. Personally I enjoyed most of it.

I guess it's just as you said, it's getting downvoted for the scenes you're referring to. Quite ironically, those are also one of the reasons why these furries are more human-like than the human characters of 90% of the existing anime.
Dec 24, 2020 4:28 PM
Apr 2019
Nirinbo said:
We shouldn't deny it, there is a problem with this show's reception. Going from 8.42 to 8.08 in just one year after it finished airing isn't a normal score degradation.

anitown said:

I guess it's just as you said, it's getting downvoted for the scenes you're referring to. Quite ironically, those are also one of the reasons why these furries are more human-like than the human characters of 90% of the existing anime.

Yeah I noticed its score dropped so much from the time it finished airing, it's honestly sad to see that such a good anime has been down voted so much.
Dec 29, 2020 1:20 PM

Mar 2017
Nirinbo said:

anitown said:

It also seems to indicate that, for whatever reason, people who watched the show before it was on Netflix liked it a lot more than Netflix's audience.
Dec 29, 2020 5:33 PM

Sep 2018
Air-117 said:
Nirinbo said:

It also seems to indicate that, for whatever reason, people who watched the show before it was on Netflix liked it a lot more than Netflix's audience.

The more people watch an anime, the higher is the percentage of inexperienced ones, usually handing out 10s very easily (hence why almost every battle shonen is overrated).

This had the opposite effect on Beastars: less "expert" watchers wouldn't bother checking out illegal streaming sites to watch it before it came on Netflix, so the early high score reflected the experts' reception (and this doesn't mean that they love furries, but that they can appreciate the quality writing without being offended by them); then the mainstream audience watched it and hated it for the reasons we know.

Lesson learnt: the terms "overrated" and "underrated" do exist and are not just subjective opinions; they can be used when the mainstream, less experienced, audience appreciate a show much more or much less than the more expert watchers.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2019

112 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 10, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

178 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 10, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

199 by chittripper1 »»
Feb 18, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

114 by Kvistis »»
Jan 11, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

115 by Kvistis »»
Jan 10, 11:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.