Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 1, 2007 11:38 AM
Mar 2007
Bear Curry :(
Jun 1, 2007 12:02 PM

Apr 2007
For some reason I feel like having bear curry now...

The previews from the last episode and the title at the beginning of this one gave the ending away so I wasn't surprised. Poor Risa putting out so much effort. Looks like she has got a long road ahead of her if she still plans on getting through to Otani.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 1, 2007 12:13 PM

Oct 2006
I dunno if I'm happy the way this is going... I miss the comedy from the early episodes.
And I feel like smacking otani around till he comes to his senses...lol

Anyway looking foward to the next episode.
Jun 1, 2007 1:31 PM

Jan 2007
Poor Risa. The bgm used when she was crying was very fitting.

Overall, the episode was good, loved the part where food was stuffed in their mouths and the rickshaw part. Anyways, looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 1, 2007 7:51 PM

Nov 2006
Nathan and I just died over and over at the Bear Curry part.
Kuma-chan~
Jun 1, 2007 10:53 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Otani fails at life. Seriously, I'd love it if this show threw in a new male character that is pretty much badass, and had Risa x Him go out and be happy. Then, Otani finally figures out he's a fucking moron and actually likes Risa, but she's not available anymore.

It would be so good if that happened.
Jun 1, 2007 11:50 PM
Mar 2007
I feel for the guy, really.

I can understand his situation. If you just never thought of a friend as a possible girlfriend, it's incredibly tough to suddenly look a that same person in a whole new light. And in a way, he actually shows just how much he cares for her by not lying about always loving her back, but honestly telling her he's somewhere in between. Then later, when he realises his feelings better, at least he's giving himself the best possible shot at making Risa a happy gazelle.

I dig this comedy, it's pretty rare to see almost every episode having a good deal to do with explicit confessions and relationship development. Most of these comedies seem to think development is a swearword...

Jun 2, 2007 12:15 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Ehh, all guys, no matter who the guy is, will think of ANY GIRL they're "friends" with, as a girlfriend. Sure, it might not be what you want, but it passes through every guys mind at least once.
Jun 2, 2007 12:34 AM
Mar 2007
No, guys think of how she looks naked, and how she'd be in bed.

Girlfriend as in 'relationship' less so. And even if they do give it a fleeting second of though, that's far from seriously considering it on a level real enough to in the slightest bit prepare them for when the actual situation arises, especially if they've got other love interests going on.
EnnJun 2, 2007 12:42 AM
Jun 2, 2007 12:55 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Aaha, too true about naked and in bed. Toooo true. :D

Every girl I've ever been friends with, I've considered dating them. Granted, this doesn't mean I actually did, it just means I thought about it for a moment. I don't see anything wrong with it, opposite gender, seems natural to me.
Jun 2, 2007 1:06 AM
Mar 2007
Really? I guess that proves not all men are alike :).

I never actually consider it extensively, not anymore than that fleeting moment I mentioned anyway. I guess that's why Otani doesn't strike me as all that stupid ;). Indeed, there's nothing wrong with considering it, I just somehow avoid seriously thinking about it until there's a reason to believe it's a genuine possiblity...

Jun 2, 2007 4:03 AM

Apr 2007
I'm not going near the above conversation...

That said, I liked this episode. It is the kind of plot development that should drag on, and the creators made it drag on just long enough (not like the two episode mess last time). It was great. I knew, as I'm sure everyone did, what was going to happen, but that did not make the ending any less good. I definitely cannot wait for the next episode to see what will happen.
Jun 2, 2007 6:41 AM

May 2007
I thought that the episode was pretty good and what was with the Bear Curry thing? As I was kinda wondering what actually is; it doesn't actually have bear in it does it? Yeah, I get confused by random things~ XD;;

I do feel bad for Risa, but on that same token, I can understand where Otani's coming from as since they've been friends/All Hanshin-Kyoujin for so long that he can't think of her as a girlfriend. I wonder what's gonna happen in the next epi, so I can't wait for it~ ^^
icerydragonJun 2, 2007 6:48 AM
Jun 3, 2007 7:25 PM
Apr 2007
Faust721 said:
Overall, the episode was good, loved the part where food was stuffed in their mouths and the rickshaw part.

second'd...they both looked like complete dorks when they rode the rickshaw but it was 100% awesome...

Xinil said:
Otani fails at life. Seriously, I'd love it if this show threw in a new male character that is pretty much badass, and had Risa x Him go out and be happy. Then, Otani finally figures out he's a fucking moron and actually likes Risa, but she's not available anymore.

second'd again...

at the beginning of the series, i loved otani's character...i felt that he was perfect for risa...however, i don't feel the same anymore and i just can't agree with the points that sanada_enn made...they've been hanging out for such a long time, get along great with each other, share similar interests, have fun when they're with each other and yet otani STILL doesn't think of her as a potential girlfriend? however, he can openly accept seiko (who isn't even a girl) after just one kiss? gimme a break...seriously, otani's sheer density and stupidity is making me really angry...i said it before and i'll say it again, risa deserves so much better right now...

but to counter all the new hate for otani, my love for risa is growing...she was amazing in this episode...i really admire her for being able to confront her feelings with otani...the way she handled the possibility of rejection (lying in bed thinking about it and running away from otani in the beginning) made her really adorable...i gotta say though, the past few episodes have been painful for me to watch...seeing risa's one sided love and her feelings rejected consistently is almost unbearable... v_v

on the upside, things look promising! WE CAN ALL HOPE FOR THE BEST! and with a title like "back from the dead! aim for girlfriend status" for the next episode, things look very promising... :D

Jun 4, 2007 11:46 AM

Mar 2007
what are you, the spokesman for bear curry? XD poor risa though.
Jun 5, 2007 1:17 AM

Jul 2005
This episode was okay, I felt pretty sorry for Risa.
Next episode seems fun though.
Jun 5, 2007 3:22 PM

May 2007
I really like the episode. I could somewhat feel Risa's emotions. It hurt to see her that way at the end, but Otani's reaction was a bit promising. Next episode looks like an interesting change of pace. Looking forward to the crazy things that those two will do.
Jun 27, 2007 3:43 PM

Jun 2007
Bear.. curry =(

Rejection.. how I fear it. Poor Risa.

-Seigi-
Jul 27, 2007 2:48 PM

Apr 2007
Xinil said:

yep.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 13, 2008 12:57 PM
Nov 2007
yuuko said:
what are you, the spokesman for bear curry?.
tainteddonut said:

best parts xD

though this ep made me sad =\
i can relate with otani, but i feel bad for risa. =T
Aug 18, 2008 9:34 AM
Apr 2008
"For some reason I feel like eating bear curry now."
"Darling, don't say anything."

XD LoveCom is able to keep the hilarity at the saddest point in the series :(
If the jokes hadn't been there then this episode would've felt weird...

Nov 12, 2008 12:04 AM
Oct 2007
Meh... I liked this series at first, but its starting to drag so much that its just ridiculous!

Seriously... This has taken WAY too many episodes and still NOTHING. Its honestly getting on my nerves at this point. I'm still watching this show because of the good flavor the first few episodes left me with. They were exaggerating Otani's dumbness a little too much (in the last few episodes) and its been taking up a lot of time. They repeat lines a lot I noticed... Its just lulling on and beating around the bush, whereas the first few episodes moved at a nice, steady pace.
Nov 24, 2008 5:51 PM
Jan 2008
I felt so bad for Risa, but at the same time I think that he knows he hurt her. I hope that they get together!!!
Nov 27, 2008 12:41 PM

Sep 2008
Poor Risa...the music playing during her crying scene was awesome.
Mar 21, 2009 10:57 PM

May 2008
Bear Curry.....

Apr 4, 2009 9:28 PM

Feb 2009
I totally understood the bear curry part! There have been times I've been so upset that all I could say was one word or phrase over and over, even if it made no sense. So I totally felt for Risa there.

Oh, and Otani seeing her so upset! I wonder what will happen ~
May 29, 2009 8:48 AM
Apr 2009
Another bad episode and it seems like it will keep being this way.
It's such a shame, I was really enjoying it until episode 6.
I guess I won't find another anime like Itazura na Kiss.
May 29, 2009 10:46 PM

Jan 2009
^^^Then GTFO!

Aug 30, 2009 11:28 PM

Sep 2008
Xinil said:

This would be the best route.
Sep 13, 2009 4:10 AM
Feb 2009
i LOVED the ending scene it was heartbreaking yet i bursted out laughing when the comment bout the bear curry came out haha
Nov 17, 2009 3:10 PM

Feb 2009
OTANI you idiot! HANG HANG HANG!!! If I guy did that to me I would never speak to him AGAIN!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHGGGGGGGGGGGG
Nov 17, 2009 3:11 PM

Feb 2009
SPOILER HE DIES AT THE END!!!
Nov 22, 2009 8:54 PM

Nov 2009
crowslayer91 said:
yuuko said:
what are you, the spokesman for bear curry?.
tainteddonut said:

best parts xD
trufax.

i'm starting to get deja vu ^^;
now i defenitely want to hug Risa-chan.... <T
Nov 28, 2009 11:30 PM

May 2009
Risa and her friends have every right to push Otani off a cliff for his stupidity and all the pain it caused. Still, I can't fault him for giving her an honest answer. Now I'll always shed a tear every time I whip up some bear curry. :-(
Feb 10, 2010 4:34 AM
Feb 2010
The bear curry comedic part matched so well with the sad fact of being rejected... comedy mixed with emo-ness XD

Really unique :D
Mar 23, 2010 3:53 PM

Feb 2009
HAHA this was awesome, I had to laugh so hard at the kuma... kumaa... kumaaa T__T
May 1, 2010 4:15 AM
Aug 2009
Bear curry O.o

BTW, poor Risa, but maybe this is the beter way for her? But I still fell sorry for her, poor girl.
Aug 4, 2010 9:21 AM

Oct 2008
Aug 30, 2010 2:28 PM

Sep 2009
Pore Risa.I almost feel her feelings because I'm tall as well.
Oct 17, 2010 11:39 AM

Feb 2009
Otani was great in this episode. He was being all serious and mature about it and I don't get why people dislike him for his behaviour. He can't force himself to suddenly see her as his girlfriend or fall in love with her. And he was honest and kind while giving Risa his answer. During the scene at the airport I was honestly impressed with his straightforwardness and lack of anime-ish teenage embarrassment. He's taking her seriously and not rejecting her just because of her height, and he was really thinking about it. He's cool.

I really loved this episode, humour was great, drama too. Bear curry was such a great mixture between comedy and real emotion, I was laughing while having tears of compassion in my eyes. :) And I thought the emotions and interactions were much more believable than last episode. For me, Otani totally made up for all his stupidity and has become a really cool and interesting character.
Mar 2, 2011 9:59 AM

Jul 2008
poor risa.... :(
Apr 5, 2011 3:03 AM

Feb 2011
poor risa :(
don't worry there's still more episode to go ^^
Jul 17, 2011 11:15 AM

Jun 2011
Enn said:

Yeah it was really saddening when she kept saying bear curry and crying. My eyes were watery-I nearly cried.
Jan 25, 2012 6:22 PM

Aug 2010
That was so sad...but well I think the series wouldn't be that interesting if they get together right now...I know Otani is going come to his senses on the long run
Feb 5, 2012 3:34 AM

Jan 2012
Stupid Otori....STUPID BOY!!
Feb 7, 2012 1:20 AM

Sep 2011
Now that was a sad episode. Though the bear curry nonsense sort of killed the mood, just a little.
Feb 9, 2012 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
CrackityJones said:
Otani was great in this episode. He was being all serious and mature about it and I don't get why people dislike him for his behaviour. He can't force himself to suddenly see her as his girlfriend or fall in love with her. And he was honest and kind while giving Risa his answer. During the scene at the airport I was honestly impressed with his straightforwardness and lack of anime-ish teenage embarrassment. He's taking her seriously and not rejecting her just because of her height, and he was really thinking about it. He's cool.

I really loved this episode, humour was great, drama too. Bear curry was such a great mixture between comedy and real emotion, I was laughing while having tears of compassion in my eyes. :) And I thought the emotions and interactions were much more believable than last episode. For me, Otani totally made up for all his stupidity and has become a really cool and interesting character.

This. :)

It's not because you truly like someone and get along very well with them that you can suddenly go from the Buddy relationship to a love one. It's obvious he doesn't want to hurt her and does take her seriously (I prefer that to him dating her and risking to wreck their friendship whereas he's not sure about his feelings).

I really like how this series is dealing with that issue so far.

I'm looking forwards to seeing the next episodes, even if tis suuuper sad and it's becoming harder and harder to not cry. :p

Smiley26 said:
"For some reason I feel like eating bear curry now."
"Darling, don't say anything."

This was made of win. XD
Feb 21, 2012 2:22 AM

Nov 2011
Otani was really serious in this episode.But too bad for Risa...:/
Bear curry T.T
May 19, 2012 8:34 PM

Jul 2010
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I SOBBED SO HARD. BAKA OTANI! YOU KNOW YOU LOVE HER :'( I was just hoping.. that he would say something like "You don't know how much I feel the same way" D;

I love Otani though. His whole attitude and character about the situation was beautiful. If only there were more guys like that in real life.. :)
Jul 10, 2012 10:21 AM

May 2012
I would like some bear curry as well now :p
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Aug 6, 2007

61 by Izeekruns »»
Apr 29, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

icerydragon - Jun 3, 2007

61 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 24, 2007

82 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 16, 2007

63 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 9, 2007

99 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.