Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2019 12:28 PM

Feb 2017
I need that track that plays when Grisha takes Faye through the gate asap!
Jun 9, 2019 12:31 PM
May 2016
dicecop said:
The adaptation of this episode could have been handled better imo. If only they had used the season 3 part 1 ED for this reveal, but oh well. We finally got the revelation after like 6 years

I thought it was more fitting tbh, especially if they don't play the ED for the coming eps. An ED about saying goodbye to the good memories fits considering right after we're now exiting the prologue
Jun 9, 2019 12:34 PM
May 2016
Tsarko said:

Wasn't it great?! I really wanted them to go with a distinctly different sort of feel for the OST used in Marley, and by god they delivered. The flashback felt like a fresh start, I adore the parallels between that scene and the very first episode of the series with Eren and Mikasa running back to the walls.
Jun 9, 2019 12:36 PM
May 2017
Titanslayer18 said:
Modernoir said:
For manga readers only

Nobody knows, but its pretty much confirmed honestly!! However its up in the air which studio will do it
Jun 9, 2019 12:48 PM

Feb 2017
Modernoir said:
Tsarko said:

Wasn't it great?! I really wanted them to go with a distinctly different sort of feel for the OST used in Marley, and by god they delivered. The flashback felt like a fresh start, I adore the parallels between that scene and the very first episode of the series with Eren and Mikasa running back to the walls.

Yes! It felt like another anime. They really nailed the tone and feeling of it.
Jun 9, 2019 1:06 PM

Feb 2018
Living in a terror from titans, without a clue what's outside, not knowing there are people outside, that there is a advance technology (photography for example), without knowing that everything government was saying is a lie, man... I can't imagine that.

And finaly, the truth time. As I looked into manga, I can't wait for more and more and more and more. There is so much that we need to see.

Episode was very calm and toned but atmospheric af. There is nothing more I wanted to say. Like I said before, I can't wait for more.
Jun 9, 2019 1:08 PM
Jan 2019
God damn it..
Finally one of the best chapters in the manga... ANIMATED..
I cant wait.. gogogo
Ok.. anime only scenes were awesome.. thx wit for the amazing skillful add to the anime..
Those scenes when eren and mikasa were heading to the basement were priceless and totally were needed in the manga.. they were also handled properly and do not feel or seem like out of place... so GJ.. hehe
Sec, soundtracks and music this episode was super.. lol.. really great music directing and awesome splitting.. especially when the last ep was the silent one.. this next ep comes to break the mood and lol..
Th, the only downside of this ep and that made me a bit unsatisfied are the FACES.. the hell is wrong with the drawer this ep.. seems like a part timer lol.. they really need to fix a lot of faces in the bluray version.. cuz many faces SUCK this ep.. i wished they handled them better
Fth, the spot they stopped the ep in is intelligent.. we all knew they wont do a 2 chapters episode this time cuz these couples of chapters are reallllllly loooong knowing that all of them are story telling opposite to the action filled chapters we had the last weeks.. so yeah they really knew where to stop the chapter hehe
Cant wait for next episode.. (plz fox the faces WIT)
5/5
Jun 9, 2019 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
The time has finally come and Faye looks really adorable...can't wait for next episode.
Jun 9, 2019 1:11 PM
Mar 2018
Just to see all those reaction , i can't wait to see the future season .
I'm a anime only watcher , so idk what will happen , but i just hope the essence of the anime will be the same , i'm scared that things will be different now that we'll look outside of the walls , wait & see i guess .
Jun 9, 2019 1:12 PM

Nov 2016
Such a chilling episode, the suspense and the whole feel to it was simply incredible. Particularly, Eren and Mikasa who were reliving events of their past, I can't even imagine how that must've felt.

Can't wait for the flashback to refresh my memories and for all the details I'm gonna pick up while reexperiencing it again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 9, 2019 1:15 PM
Nov 2014
Roxas2019 said:
Anime only REMEMBER this the turning point of this series after this episode the series will change from generic anime to masterpiece

It’s already a masterpiece :)
Jun 9, 2019 1:15 PM
May 2017
Mctiguy said:
Just to see all those reaction , i can't wait to see the future season .
I'm a anime only watcher , so idk what will happen , but i just hope the essence of the anime will be the same , i'm scared that things will be different now that we'll look outside of the walls , wait & see i guess .

The essence will be the same so don't worry, although if the rumours of WIT leaving the series are true you might just go read the manga by the end of the season!! What is your interpretation of the post credit scene??!
Jun 9, 2019 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

Armin was clearly shocked after learning the truth.

They finally went to the basement.

Jun 9, 2019 1:28 PM

Sep 2018
After this episode this god damn series will finally turn from decent to great, i actually expected more filler scene so it was a pleasent surprise to only get these "few".
-Mullerio-Jun 9, 2019 1:54 PM
Jun 9, 2019 1:29 PM
Mar 2018
Edylson said:
The essence will be the same so don't worry, although if the rumours of WIT leaving the series are true you might just go read the manga by the end of the season!! What is your interpretation of the post credit scene??!

Firstly i guess we will end the season with episodes about Grisha childhood , how he grew , and how all those things about titans happened . Then in the present they'll think about going outside of the walls , to make themselfs know to the humans outside, but i think it's because of those humans that the titans are a problem in the present , and that for some reason they don't want the humans in the wall to know them or something like that (the titans shifter may have a mission , that is to kill the humans in the wall , then they can coming back to the "real" human world , this human world could be the home that Reiner talks about many times in the anime ).
Jun 9, 2019 1:34 PM
Feb 2019
ok it's filler but watch till the end it's as always has an exiting ending and the next episode preview seems great.
Jun 9, 2019 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
Pacing of this episode was very slow. I think the extra scenes were unnecessary and out of place.
Jun 9, 2019 1:46 PM

May 2015
I was worried about the added scenes but they actually turned out pretty nice.

Now the real thing starts... Faye has such a cute voice.

Also, it's so sad to see only 9 of them return, they say success but at what price. Everything is so sad and it becomes only worse from here on.
Jun 9, 2019 1:47 PM

Apr 2017
the first words to come out of my mouth after watching this episode are just "holy shit." this was so beautifully done and even with the filler scenes it all flowed really well.

i can't believe that over six years later, this is the episode where attack on titan changes forever. manga readers aren't the only ones who can make basement memes now :') post-basement stuff feels like a different series (in a good way - not saying anything more) and now the anime has hit this point.....i can't wait to see the reactions. it's not about fighting titans, good vs evil post-apocalyptic story anymore.

wit has handled this season incredibly. the most important arcs of the story are finally animated, and i can't think of any other studio that could have done a better job.

i'm beyond excited.
Jun 9, 2019 2:13 PM

Dec 2014
I am so SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't expect that at all. All the wait is worth it because if ..

Can someone explain the flashbacks in Erwin scene? i watched the episode with google translate subs so I don't get it.
ClefairiessJun 9, 2019 2:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2019 2:19 PM
Nov 2017
We're finally here guys. 7 years after the initial release of season 1. The memories and flash backs as they walked through the town made me tear up, it not only reminds the characters of their old lives, but also made me think back to myself 7 years ago, excitedly watching this show. Let's get ready for the world to change!
Jun 9, 2019 2:38 PM

Apr 2019
Clefairiess said:
I am so SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't expect that at all. All the wait is worth it because if ..

Can someone explain the flashbacks in Erwin scene? i watched the episode with google translate subs so I don't get it.

this was already shown in an earlier episode, its just Erwin talking about the History Book that says that there are no Humans outside the Walls, basically it says something along the lines of "The Humans outside the walls have been wiped out" and Erwins point was basically that you could read a subjective intent out of that Line because if it was objective it would have been "The humans outside the walls are thought to have been wiped out", so he was essentially saying the government inside the walls who released that book used that wording on purpose. This is basically what he said approximately~
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 9, 2019 2:50 PM

Dec 2014
Nim0174 said:
Clefairiess said:

this was already shown in an earlier episode, its just Erwin talking about the History Book that says that there are no Humans outside the Walls, basically it says something along the lines of "The Humans outside the walls have been wiped out" and Erwins point was basically that you could read a subjective intent out of that Line because if it was objective it would have been "The humans outside the walls are thought to have been wiped out", so he was essentially saying the government inside the walls who released that book used that wording on purpose. This is basically what he said approximately~

Thanks! so Erwin suspected the whole thing all this time and he was right. Aw Eriwn :(
I am an anime watcher only, I can't wait for more to be reveald. Please lets keep this thread spoiler free!!
Many questions on my mind right now but I don't want spoilers...questions such as:
If humanity lived outside the wall where Grisha came from, then why people are being locked up inside the walls and the government are keeping it a secret all these years ...what are the purpose of titans eating humans.... who are the titans... why are Annie and the others are chasing Erin's "coordinate" power, why did the beast titan told Erin that he wants to save him.. omg I just can't wait
ClefairiessJun 9, 2019 2:53 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2019 3:07 PM

Apr 2016
@Clefairiess

If I were you, I would avoid to read MAL anime discussions for shingeki no kyojin. Just to give you an idea, we aren't far from 100 comments and you were only 2 anime-only watchers who posted until now and of course I already read some indirect spoilers right here.

So for your own good stay away from these threads or at least don't read other comments and never the first pages. MAL has never been a safer place for spoiler free discussions, in the contrary.

About the episode : I got goosebumps and I like also the flashback part for Eren and Mikasa.
Jun 9, 2019 3:08 PM
Aug 2018
Guys wtf with the drawings why nobody speak about that ??
Jun 9, 2019 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
spoiler for the manga

Jun 9, 2019 3:09 PM

Apr 2019
@Clefairiess
yea poor Erwin ;O
the wait is gonna kill a lot of people, we have 3 episodes left and im excited to see those, hopefully we get a S4 Announcement in the last Episode, but i guess i can dream on.. Anyway lets look forward to next week :3

Blayker said:

its a photograph not a drawing as they said in this episode
nobody speaks about it because most people who posted here have read the manga
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 9, 2019 3:14 PM

Dec 2014
Nim0174 said:
@Clefairiess
yea poor Erwin ;O
the wait is gonna kill a lot of people, we have 3 episodes left and im excited to see those, hopefully we get a S4 Announcement in the last Episode, but i guess i can dream on.. Anyway lets look forward to next week :3

Blayker said:

I want to read the manga now so badly, at least a chapter :'( should I?? or I might regret it..
Jun 9, 2019 3:18 PM
May 2016
Clefairiess said:
Nim0174 said:
@Clefairiess
yea poor Erwin ;O

I want to read the manga now so badly, at least a chapter :'( should I?? or I might regret it..

I'd recommend reading it when this season is done, especially considering it'll be at least a few years until we get another season
Jun 9, 2019 3:18 PM

Apr 2009
Yep yep YEP called it! hoo boy this is exciting, can't wait to see next ep!
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 9, 2019 3:21 PM
May 2016
Thinking on it now, I actually wonder how many people are going to miss the post-credits stuff for this ep lel
Jun 9, 2019 3:27 PM

Jan 2015
Modernoir said:
Lmao that early ED caught me off-guard, I thought the ep just ended there!
Aaaaaaaah, it's finally here. Get cozy, animeonlies, you're about to witness one of the best tonal shifts I've ever seen a current-running series execute.

Any already finished series which did it better? Just curious
Jun 9, 2019 3:33 PM
May 2016
BestBoiEren said:
Modernoir said:
Aaaaaaaah, it's finally here. Get cozy, animeonlies, you're about to witness one of the best tonal shifts I've ever seen a current-running series execute.

Now that you ask, that's a pretty hard question... Out all the shows I've seen, Shinsekai Yori and probably HxH (Chimera Ant arc) are the ones that stick to mind as ones that nailed their tonal shifts. But considering just how much SnK has been building up its tonal shift and just how much great foreshadowing there was/how great the writing is for pulling off such a shift, I don't actually think there's one better than SnK currently.
Jun 9, 2019 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
BestBoiEren said:
Modernoir said:

None that I am aware of, these type of twist are not done often in this medium.

Heck, only one series has done something similar from what I remember and this has only been done in the manga.

And this is what will make snk stand out from most series[which it already has] and what will cement snk as a classic, don't be surprise to start seeing these twist from other series in the future when other Mangaka get influence by Isayama work.
keragammingJun 9, 2019 3:40 PM
Jun 9, 2019 3:37 PM
May 2019
Accidently, you can see the comparison how good season 1 animation quality has compared to the current s3(in the flashback coming home scene) . Hope they wil fix it soon on bd.
Jun 9, 2019 3:40 PM

Dec 2014
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
@Clefairiess

If I were you, I would avoid to read MAL anime discussions for shingeki no kyojin. Just to give you an idea, we aren't far from 100 comments and you were only 2 anime-only watchers who posted until now and of course I already read some indirect spoilers right here.

So for your own good stay away from these threads or at least don't read other comments and never the first pages. MAL has never been a safer place for spoiler free discussions, in the contrary.

About the episode : I got goosebumps and I like also the flashback part for Eren and Mikasa.

Thanks! I will. I waited so much and avoided reading the manga all these years just to experience the anime. So I should make it worth it..
Jun 9, 2019 3:43 PM

Jan 2018
Man, this episode was fantastic. Been waiting 3 years for this to be animated and it didn't disappoint one bit. Might actually be one of my favourite episodes of anime ever, (along with other attack on titan episodes) because of the sheer emotions I got whole watching. Can not wait for the next arc, even if I've been spoiled on a lot of details. I'll never forget these few months, AoT really is one of a kind.
Jun 9, 2019 3:47 PM
Jan 2019
Nim0174 said:
@Clefairiess
yea poor Erwin ;O

Blayker said:

He speaks about the faces of the characters this ep i guess 😑
Jun 9, 2019 3:54 PM

Jun 2015
This is what I feared. But the outside world doesn't look better than the world inside the walls.

I want to butcher the one who did the translation this week. Because of them I have to watch the episode Arabic subbed. Do they think themselves so funny?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 9, 2019 4:27 PM
Apr 2011
Holy shit i wasn't expecting this, i got even more questions, i guess i'll pick up the manga again after this season ends .
Jun 9, 2019 4:31 PM

Jan 2018
Niveen_Sleem said:
This is what I feared. But the outside world doesn't look better than the world inside the walls.

I want to butcher the one who did the translation this week. Because of them I have to watch the episode Arabic subbed. Do they think themselves so funny?
Lol it was google translated, but yeah it was terrible.
Jun 9, 2019 4:50 PM

Aug 2013
Finally!!! I always wanted to see what's inside the basement!!
Jun 9, 2019 4:59 PM

Feb 2019
So, I think now I can understand

Of course, it's easier to say this now, but I always had a feeling that it was something like that happening in SNK. Now, let see how the author handles that.
Jun 9, 2019 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
Well I've been wanting to see Zeppelins in AoT for a clean 6 years now so this episode is a 10/10 for me just based on that.

We really didn't learn much of anything in this episode that we couldn't already put together ourselves from what's already been shown but I loved all the more subtle things like Mikasa and Eren remembering scenes from their past as they're walking through the ruined city, Mikasa helping Eren open the book because he was hesitating and most importantly that scene with the crowds cheering at the survey corps' return because they did technically accomplish their objective even though nobody feels like it was much of a victory. A very powerful scene and it will be interesting to see how it gets expanded upon in future episodes.
Jun 9, 2019 5:02 PM
May 2016
Oh my god that was amazing. Fuck, everything about this ep I adored. Armin's dream at the start and the conversation between the last surviving Scouts was heart-breaking in a lot of ways but great in others, Armin is so racked with guilt, poor kid..

The scenes of them walking soundlessly through the ruins of Shiganshina with Eren and Mikasa recalling memories from their childhood while they walked through the desolate remains of where they lived was so damn gripping. Even amidst all the action in this show, a lot of its most powerful moments come from the pure emotion that comes from scenes like this. The ep was a perfect adaptation of the manga chapter imo, every page and panel when they entered and searched the basement had a deliberate pace to it, and the anime handled that really damn well. God, the music at the scene where Eren's about to open the book absolutely solidified just how much of a turning point this is for the series.

The early ED caught me off-guard but the transition into Grisha's flashback and seeing Marley in the anime for the first time was god-tier, like holy fuck, everything from the change in color palette to the entirely different instrumentation for OST, they conveyed it perfectly. This imo is the point in the series where it goes from being a great show/manga into a classic in the making, I can't wait to see how people are going to react to what's to come.

Edit: God I have to go on about it again, the final scene where Grisha runs with his sister out the gate and that guitar/strings version of the song that plays iirc during Armin's heroic moment, they ended the ep on such a perfect note to make this feel like the start of an almost entirely different show, got so many massive vibes similar to the first ep in the series. It's so wonderful to finally see this part of the manga animated.
ModernoirJun 9, 2019 5:18 PM
Jun 9, 2019 5:04 PM
Sep 2018
Man, the things that are happening are some kind of nazi shit or what is happening, I'm a anime only
Jun 9, 2019 5:05 PM

Nov 2015
I thought this ep would answer questions, but it just created more lol.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jun 9, 2019 5:06 PM
May 2016
Deathmones said:
I thought this ep would answer questions, but it just created more lol.

Rest assured, the coming weeks are going to answer some of the biggest questions in the series.
Jun 9, 2019 5:11 PM

Aug 2018
I strongly believe Ymir has something to so with the origin of the titans, because of her name. In Norse mythology, Ymir was the ancestor of the Jötnar, who were giants. Who else are giant? The titans!

I use Arch, btw.
Jun 9, 2019 5:11 PM
Jun 2017

this moment is so cute lol
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

346 by GengarGrinn »»
Yesterday, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Apr 25, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.