Forum Settings
Forums

What are some time frames or settings you'd like to see more in anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2018 1:25 PM

Jun 2015
honestly Ancient Aliens the anime.
Feb 12, 2018 1:30 PM

May 2015
I know their are already plenty of anime with the setting but i can't get enough cyberpunk.
Feb 12, 2018 8:05 PM
Nov 2017
well im in love with mecha and fanatsy medieval anime and theres that dies irae anime even though its contain crazy ideas but i like it really . and theres the stories build on mythics such as saint seiya i adore such tv shows .
Feb 12, 2018 8:39 PM

May 2009
Mirai said:
I'd like to see an anime about the Mayas or some other ancient tribes.
Apparently this is a thing.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1279/Taiyou_no_Ko_Esteban

Illyricus said:
Animes based in the Ancient History, something like an anime situated in the Ancient Greece
FMmatron said:
-ancient Greek

https://myanimelist.net/anime/12321/Thermae_Romae is what I can think of.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 12, 2018 8:44 PM
Feb 2018
I would like a mix of something like Hunter x Hunter with them going to a different planet I wouldn't wantg them to be all teched out but with special abilities
Feb 12, 2018 8:52 PM
Feb 2018
I know this isn't an era thing but I would like to see an anime with realistic eyes
Feb 12, 2018 8:58 PM

Apr 2014
Latin America or Spain, only one I've heard of is El Cazador de la Bruja. Also medieval times, like Spice and Wolf
selamat pagi
Feb 13, 2018 10:58 AM

Nov 2017
How about one that's set during the creation of humanity? Is there one?
Feb 13, 2018 11:18 AM

Feb 2010
Chiibi said:
Pullman said:

have you seen all of the episode so far? It got much more interesting after the first two episodes if you ask me, which I'd agree were pretty mundane and unexciting. But since then it became one of my favorites this season from the ones I'm watching.

And if you want another setting with tiny people, you could try this ^^
https://myanimelist.net/anime/171/Strange_Dawn

Thanks for the suggestion.....but I'm really looking for more stuff like 'Arrietty'....hellz yeah, I want an Arrietty TV series. XD

Nah............watching too much this season already....and I wasn't getting attached to either of the main characters. :/

getting attached is usually something that happens if you, you know, watch more than an episode. It's a process, not an on/off switch. If you're not willing to give a show some eps, you won't grow attached to it.

But okay, if you don't wanna give something another shot even when someone tells you the reason you dropped it literally goes away after the first 1-2 episodes, that's your right.

Makes me wonder whether you really want more settings like that or just literally a TV version of one thing you have already seen (Arrietty) tho. Cause so far 2 out of 3 tiny people settings seem to be stuff you dislike and don't want to try.

And I haven't seen Arrietty, but if you want to see them interact with humans (which happens in Arrietty afaik) I doubt that will happen in Hakumei to Mikochi. It's more about their life in the forest as the title says, and there's a lot of animals and plants and cool stuff but no full-size humans so far. Strange Dawn seems to involve full-size humans more than that.

Aside from that I can't really tell what makes the Arrietty setting so special and different from the other two shows tbh.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 13, 2018 11:20 AM

Feb 2010
AkariHours said:
Latin America or Spain, only one I've heard of is El Cazador de la Bruja. Also medieval times, like Spice and Wolf

Michiko to Hatchin for Latin America IIRC. There is also Haha wo Tazunete Sanzenri which is about a boy from Italy emigrating to Argentina to look for his mom who went to the 'new world' to earn money for the family.

And I think there's quite a lot of medieval settings, but most of them involve some sort of magic or supernatural aspect (which spice and wolf does too) and are very action heavy (which spice and wolf is not).
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 13, 2018 11:37 AM

Apr 2015
Why not all of them? Let's just say that in the future, some kind of time travel experiments gone wrong due to some evil scientist on one of the team that it distorts time and space so that there's dimension gates that can brought up dinosaurs, ufos, vikings, nazis, biological experiments, cyborgs, and much more in a parallel world.
Feb 13, 2018 4:56 PM
Nov 2017
i want to see the angel beats ending scene longer lol
Feb 13, 2018 5:04 PM

Dec 2016
medieval settings that are not dumb isekais

victorian era
Feb 13, 2018 7:10 PM

Nov 2008
Pullman said:
Chiibi said:

Thanks for the suggestion.....but I'm really looking for more stuff like 'Arrietty'....hellz yeah, I want an Arrietty TV series. XD

Nah............watching too much this season already....and I wasn't getting attached to either of the main characters. :/

getting attached is usually something that happens if you, you know, watch more than an episode. It's a process, not an on/off switch. If you're not willing to give a show some eps, you won't grow attached to it.

Not for me, actually. I know whether I'm going to love or hate a character after five seconds they've been on screen. xD

Aside from that I can't really tell what makes the Arrietty setting so special and different from the other two shows tbh.

Artwork and character design for me.
I prefer little people to look....more like people. I dislike the "squashy" deformed look like Hakumei and the other thing.

@Pullman....are you familiar with David the Gnome? That was my favorite show as a child. I'd love to see Japan do a show like that.

@Glenfinnan: Yessss. Agreed.

One thing I absolutely do not want is a 'caveman show'. I mean, I think we can take from Western media that caveman shows are very very dumb. I've never seen this theme done well and I hate EVERY cartoon that tries this setting.

EVEN THE GREAT PIXAR FAILED AT THIS.
ChiibiFeb 13, 2018 7:19 PM

Feb 13, 2018 7:16 PM
Nov 2017
Personally I want more cyberpunk or futuristic apocalypse
Feb 13, 2018 7:20 PM
Berserkfan69

May 2017
I wish there were more anime with true fantasy settings.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 30 minutes ago

6 by traed »»
37 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 46 minutes ago

20 by rohan121 »»
44 seconds ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

4 by Catalano »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

66 by DesolatePsyche »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - Yesterday

19 by alshu »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.