Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 24, 2017 4:35 PM

Nov 2011
I'm not sure whether I should be more impressed that OP thinks 430 entries is a small amount, or that OP is so deeply entrenched in the false belief that "moe" means "cute".
Feb 24, 2017 5:32 PM

Sep 2016
TripleSRank said:
I'm not sure whether I should be more impressed that OP thinks 430 entries is a small amount, or that OP is so deeply entrenched in the false belief that "moe" means "cute".

First of all, I already aknowledge that moe does not mean cute (You're the third saying it), and 430 is not a bad amount but its small when compared to others.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Feb 24, 2017 5:49 PM

Sep 2016
Small aclaration before anyone more says it (Again): I know moe doesn't mean cute. I already knew and didn't thought when stating it before, I apologize to all those who called me out on this matter and probably will.

Feb 24, 2017 6:01 PM
May 2015
Noesnecesario said:
jc9622 said:
Or Japan is more interested in oversexualized teenage girls than military like we do in the West.

That's actually the most original reason in all the thread and the most believable apart of "War does not make money". Thanks.
Seriously? I would have thought that someone have already said that...Also, whoever said that is stupid. There's a lot of war movies in American films and they make shit tons of money. Hell, movies focusing on military and war are one of the reasons why I prefer Western movies than anime.

Feb 24, 2017 6:05 PM

Sep 2016
jc9622 said:
Noesnecesario said:

That's actually the most original reason in all the thread and the most believable apart of "War does not make money". Thanks.
Seriously? I would have thought that someone have already said that...Also, whoever said that is stupid. There's a lot of war movies in American films and they make shit tons of money. Hell, movies focusing on military and war are one of the reasons why I prefer Western movies than anime.

Yes, but they only make money in the west or china.

Feb 24, 2017 8:39 PM

Feb 2016
Noesnecesario said:
OneNaughtyBear said:
You forgot to add robots. Can't make a good war anime without kids fucking shit up in giant robots :D

Wait, there are studios that still think giant robot+war is a good idea?
Well Sunrise sure thinks so considering the Gundam franchise still puts out new series to this very day, and considering that Code Geass is getting a sequel that it doesn't need.
Feb 24, 2017 10:23 PM

Mar 2015
what do you expect from country that lose latest big war?

seriously, i never understood western interest for war...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 24, 2017 11:43 PM

Jan 2017
Noesnecesario said:

So, is there any specific reason?
What do you think of this?

I've noticed that military - at least in a historical/nonfictional sense - appears mostly in 1970-2000 anime titles. Though it's not military-themed i'm enjoying the focus on military in the Black Jack series. I've never seen an anime that pulls U.S.A's military occupation under the lens as much as this series (3 times by my count).

Perhaps its something to do with Anime largely being fictional. A general answer for a general question. I love seeing 'realistic' military animes but they sure are few in number from where i'm sitting.

Like what @jc9622 said.
Realism seems to be generally reserved for ecchi/slice of life. Their concept of 'serious topics' is a shounen white-knight coming to realize his power or accumulate a harem. I sure wish it was easier to find the original releases today without having to dive through swarms of KAWAII anime, lmao.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

Feb 25, 2017 1:05 AM

May 2015
It's funny. I remember a time when everyone complained about too many military anime, especially involving kids (Because, y'know, teens don't go to the army).

Simoun is some kind of a military anime involving sex changes. Quite an awesome thing, actually.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 25, 2017 1:30 AM

Nov 2009
Well, if it will prevent the existence of things like Gate then I'm ready to endure the lack of military anime. That being said, most mecha shows definitely belong to the military sci-fi genre.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

53 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
47 seconds ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 7 hours ago

15 by MechKingKillbot »»
47 seconds ago

» What would you choose: Good voice acting with bad translations or Bad voice acting with good translations?

funtime43_tr - 2 hours ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
4 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 2 hours ago

10 by tchitchouan »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - Yesterday

18 by MechKingKillbot »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.