Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
May 29, 2022 6:09 AM

Dec 2008
Heartbreaking is the best description I can think of, but strangely a very optimistic last episode. The series was so strange, it started off so well then went flat until the last 3 episodes when it really picked up. Its very unlikely that there will ever be a sequel, but maybe thats a good thing because they are bound to screw it up. The biggest jarring note was damned tsundere, she really got up my nose. Isla was great though, an awesome character, and even that generic male turned out to be a good guy.
I wont rate the series a 10, but an 8 should do the trick.
May the Uguu be with you.

Jun 27, 2022 9:10 AM
ProfessionalDumb
Jun 2022
They teased this was coming since episode 1, it was nice seeing the character development though, 10/10, one of the best series I have watched.
Jul 10, 2022 4:08 PM
Feb 2021
I'm honestly surprised that a lot of people didn't like the show. To each their own of course.

That handshake at the end was perfect. I think it ties up the themes of the show in a neat bow. They basically had this happen before with the horny blonde engineer girl and her Giftia friend who was a retriever.

I like that this show just threw together a premise together and ran with it, without needing to expand or explain it too much. It's fiction so I like the idea of exploring relationship dynamics in this theoretical world.

The relationship wasn't perfect, honestly that's what disappointed me the most, even though it's one of the most realistic relationships that I've seen in anime in terms of their dynamic. I still cried like crazy even though you could see how their relationship would end from a mile away.

Honestly not sure why other folks thought they might somehow save her memories in the end? I feel like that would ruin the entire point of the show, and all the themes that it looked at with its relationships. I guess it might not be that unusual to see miracle endings, but I feel like if they went that route the show would be a lot sadder - like "there there, it's okay you can live in fantasy even if the truth hurts." It's the fact that the truth hurts that should motivate us to do everything we can to be happy despite it, and why brief relationships can be so meaningful especially if we don't shy away from the pain and accept it together despite how unprepared we may be for it.

I think my biggest criticism of the show would be that there was just so much that was missing from the show and it felt like the pacing was off, so I think they flew past too many moments that should have been explored or fleshed out. Some moments should have definitely hit harder than they did, but I wasn't sure what was missing.

Still 9/10. Love it despite its flaws <3
BoomBakudanNov 2, 2022 9:09 AM
Sep 12, 2022 5:56 PM
Aug 2019
made me cry like a bitch
Sep 18, 2022 10:53 PM
May 2022
I was honestly happy that they didn't pull off some bullshit and changed where the ending should've gone. It was destined to be that way and they didn't hold back. 10/10
Oct 7, 2022 5:56 AM
Oct 2022
Really loved it
Very eager to get another season
One of the best my favourite anime
Oct 16, 2022 11:40 AM
Sep 2020
I hope one day you'll be reunited with the person you cherish
Oct 28, 2022 12:39 AM
Sep 2021
childhood anime awesome good everything
Nov 11, 2022 5:37 AM
Nov 2022
Não conseguir segura as lagrimas
Nov 14, 2022 3:55 PM
Nov 2022
SO BEAUTIFULL PLS 2ND SEASON
Nov 21, 2022 3:35 PM
Oct 2022
This is so sad, the last episode make my cry
Dec 11, 2022 1:39 AM
Feb 2019
Probably one of the best animes I have ever had the pleasure to watch, I've cried at the ending both of the times that I watched it. This will definitely be one of my favorites of all time.
Dec 14, 2022 11:32 AM
Dec 2021
Amazingly beautiful. I didn't cry. Seems like that I'm getting stronger :)
Jan 1, 2023 1:33 AM
Jul 2022
Plastic Memories gave us the perfect closure
Jan 23, 2023 7:18 PM
Jul 2021
Sad ending not satisfied me but in ps game that released true ending stilll good enough
Feb 17, 2023 4:09 PM

Mar 2019
Goodbye Isla! The last moment was touching and Kazuki's expression was the most relatable. Also I loved Yasutaka at the end, helping Sherry, which isn't surprising given that he's probably my favorite.

I did expect this to happen but I was hoping it would be a bit more sad, like having everyone gather around in the office or something like that. Nevertheless I still cried a bit and it was a nice ending. However that 9 months training that happened right after felt weird. I still wish there was more after the ending. The new Giftia was presented in a weird way but there's no way that's Isla or a new Isla because of Tsukasa's reaction.

Overall it was nice, the comedy and drama were too much in some moments but it still ended in a good way.
Alex_TheForestFeb 17, 2023 4:48 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 21, 2023 9:18 AM

Jul 2014
Holy shit that was so sad I felt it. They prolonged it so much so you can feel all the memories they made together and in the end its time to say goodbye. I guess at the end they brought her back again but without her memories? who knows

8/10
Mar 2, 2023 12:18 AM
Sep 2020
It finishes the series in a satisfying way and uses all of the feelings the series has built up through the 12 other episodes
Mar 9, 2023 1:31 AM

Dec 2022
Phenomenal last episode, and paced very well despite the series itself being quite short for the premise. The ferris wheel scene is one of my favourite anime scenes as a whole. This anime had quite a few flaws; like mostly irrelevant side characters, and a lack of follow up on plot points and world-building details. On the other hand, Isla was handled well as a character, and all the scenes intended to be emotional or thoughtful delivered. Said flaws weren't egregious or anything, so I still found it enjoyable.

Like a lot of other anime I watched before, I wish this was longer. Balancing slice of life and plot like this is tough within thirteen episodes, especially with the scope of the world in this series.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 15, 2023 12:27 AM
Dec 2022
it made me cry one tear
Mar 31, 2023 5:43 AM
Oct 2022
I never thought I could cry so much. Well.
Mar 31, 2023 10:42 AM

Dec 2022
I respect the heck out of the writing team for ending it the way they did. However, at the cost of making a ballsy ending, it just feels unfulfilling in many different ways.

Thus, I feel very conflicted as to how I feel about Plastic Memories as a whole. In the end, I rated it a 7/10. The buildup is great, and I love the interactions between Tsukasa and Isla (albeit, they're shorter than I would like). And yet I'm not exactly sure what message I'm supposed to derive from the anime. If it's the old "loving and losing is better than never loving at all", then that's great and all, but what does the handshake in the final episode represent? Is it supposed to symbolise Tsukasa moving on? The concept of "moving on" is touched very minorly when Isla mentions about Tsukasa finding someone new after she's gone, but I wish they explored this side of love more.

"Moving on" doesn't resonate with me at all, so I suppose that's why the ending bugs me so much. I suppose most people will want to find someone new after their partner is deceased, but that feeling doesn't resonate with me.
May 17, 2023 1:00 AM
Oct 2021
Pretty bland show overall. Not something I would recommend to others, despite being this really cool somewhat subtle sci-fi future, they barely show it. Everyone drives VW Beetles and their handheld computers are really only shown close up twice in the entire series. There is no visual or functional distinction between the robots and the humans aside from the fact that the robots die on a predetermined date. Otherwise, it's a very typical slice of life until these last two episodes, where it gets a bit sad. I will say that I appreciated the ending, as it was fairly soft and sad but brought things to a nice close. Overall, a very well written show.

Still mad they didn't show who his new partner was. I bet it was Isla with a reinstall.
May 21, 2023 8:18 AM
Jan 2022
Don't watch this anime if you don't want to cry your soul out of your body
May 21, 2023 9:32 AM

Apr 2022
Damn this show made me cry...you can say i'm sensitive but hell poor Isla was so dear and moving if i ever got a daughter i might consider given her this name. This finale was so beautifully sad and touching, i loved that anime.

Tifa Lockhart (FFVII) - Forum Signature by craftyaegis on DeviantArt

May 28, 2023 10:34 AM
Apr 2023
The first anime to make me cry for hours
Jun 11, 2023 5:01 AM
Jan 2023
Very Sad Ending. T-T
Jun 21, 2023 5:45 PM
Jan 2023
Almost missed the ending through the tears
Jun 27, 2023 10:06 PM
Jun 2023
isla :( ih bodo bat si kok gw nangis
Nov 4, 2023 10:20 PM

Dec 2022
An emotional rollercoaster of an anime. This anime had the best MC I've ever seen with him being very reasonable and courageous. This anime asks many philosophical questions about fulfillment and how people would respond to knowing someone you know will disapear.

8/10
Nov 13, 2023 9:06 PM

Jul 2007
Echo'ing what everyone else has already said. The ending was really sad, even if it was expected. I think more time for the main couple to build up chemistry would have both been nice to see and also have made the ending more impactful.

One thing that keeps hitting me is that it has to be a very difficult work environment. Not only are you helping others deal with the loss of their loved ones but every few years, one of the staff members is going to die. What would that be like for the human staff? How would the Giftias left feel? Would have been interesting for the show to touch on that.
Dec 16, 2023 11:35 AM
Dec 2023
I so appreciate and crying hope to alive,but Impossible
Dec 25, 2023 9:02 PM

Dec 2018
i knew what was coming and still ended up crying like a baby. Now this is a proper greek tragedy.
Jan 29, 3:12 PM
Aug 2023
Depressing but beautiful
Mar 22, 12:13 PM
Feb 2024
It was so cute, but alsovery very sad, I almost cried my soul out. But it was very sweet
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM

» Tsukasa new partner (episode 13) ( 1 2 )

KeitaIssei - Jun 27, 2015

52 by saikyozero »»
Jan 2, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.