Forum Settings
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2009 7:32 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So, interesting chapter.

We find out that Kilik and Kim have some pretty extreme moves when working together, Medusa is pissed about being pushed out of the spotlight of being the main villain in the manga and Chrona is looking even more broken than usual.
Nov 11, 2009 12:16 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Chrona was a disappointment for me. I expecting more of a transformation than that.

Black Star and Tsubaki looked really cool though :)
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Nov 11, 2009 6:12 AM

Dec 2007
So it turns out Fire was a guy and Thunder a girl... that's as interesting as it is irrelevant XD. Interesting attack with enough recoil to require Kim using her power to stop Killik from being sent flying backwards, and it still fails to completely destroy the Clown. Now we'll have to wait another 2 months to see if Black Star and Tsubaki bring back the exitement to the manga with their battle against mod Chrona.
Nov 11, 2009 6:36 AM

Mar 2008
Well that was definitely an attack with quite a bit of kick to it. Did a good amount of damage but not quite enough to completely end it.

Black Star does have good sense knowing that it's fitting for Maka to deal with the Crona situation than himself. With what Medusa has done it doesn't seem like Black Star can hold anything back.Of course it'll be interesting to see his growth and how much stronger he's gotten. The last fight against Mifune had a sad conclusion but was pretty amazing.

So now we wait....
Nov 11, 2009 1:45 PM

Apr 2008
Naruleach said:
Chrona was a disappointment for me. I expecting more of a transformation than that.

We were already shown Crona several times before? why did you expect more then tose crazy extra hands? Even if there is more coming we won't see it til Black Star faces off against Crona.

blopa said:
So it turns out Fire was a guy and Thunder a girl... that's as interesting as it is irrelevant XD. Interesting attack with enough recoil to require Kim using her power to stop Killik from being sent flying backwards, and it still fails to completely destroy the Clown. Now we'll have to wait another 2 months to see if Black Star and Tsubaki bring back the exitement to the manga with their battle against mod Chrona.
Lulz, I didn't get why Kim used her Jackie like that. Thanks!

But this brings another point to my attention. Thunder and Fire where shooting their Shaman wavelengh through Liz & Patti right? Then what was the use of the death eagle upgrade where their soul diameters where changed? If they can fire a blast like that without even going into executor mode (Death Cannon) then I don't see the use...

FlareKnight said:
Well that was definitely an attack with quite a bit of kick to it. Did a good amount of damage but not quite enough to completely end it.
NOTHING WAS LEFT BUT ITS HEAD!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Nov 11, 2009 4:07 PM

Aug 2008
This turned out to be an interesting chapter. We understand a bit more of what Medusa is trying to get at. And it didn't take her anytime to make something formidable. For an experiment Kilik, Kim & the others REALLY had to go all out. Let the 3 way struggle continue.

DKJ
DKJ
Nov 11, 2009 4:19 PM

Jul 2008
3E pretty good attack, but it looks like medusa just had it withdraw, so looks like shes got some really powerful toys in the making
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 11, 2009 6:17 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
blopa said:
So it turns out Fire was a guy and Thunder a girl... that's as interesting as it is irrelevant XD.
Yeah! I originally thought they were both girls but it was cool to see them transform. I thought they looked extremely cool in this panel:

blopa said:
Now we'll have to wait another 2 months to see if Black Star and Tsubaki bring back the exitement to the manga with their battle against mod Chrona.
Why 2 months!? Isn't this manga released monthly?

Remus_Lupa said:
Naruleach said:

We were already shown Crona several times before? why did you expect more then tose crazy extra hands? Even if there is more coming we won't see it til Black Star faces off against Crona.
As far as I can remember, we haven't really seen Crona fully for the past few chapters. Last time I remember seeing her was when she was like this:

I was expecting for her to at least change her outfit, like most of the rest of the characters have.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Nov 11, 2009 8:53 PM

Mar 2008
Remus_Lupa said:
NOTHING WAS LEFT BUT ITS HEAD!

Not saying it wasn't a great attack :). Just that it's the kind of opponent where if you don't completely annihilate it then you haven't quite won.
Nov 12, 2009 4:53 AM

Jun 2009
lol a good chapter
finally chrona will fight [?]
and the form af the pots is rox O.O

Nov 12, 2009 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
Great chapter, I didnt realize that Pot of Fire was a guy, I just took it they were both female! Gotta admit though, nice transformation! Also Kilik and Kim have some kick ass moves, didnt realize they were that strong.

I love Black Star and Tsubaki's new outfits, those are pretty awesome! Looks like its a tough time next though, Crona must have got stronger. Pretty disappointed though, I thought Crona was gonna have an outfit change or something. Im expecting she is gonna have an epic transformation next chapter though whether its through fighting style or appearance.
Nov 12, 2009 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
So the two pots looked pretty badass not going to lie. Black Star and Tsubaki looked older, and Black star looked taller(At least to me). It was overall a great chapter, looking forward to the next.
Nov 12, 2009 2:43 PM

Sep 2007
Yes~~ Black Star rocks! The SOUL of this manga <3 I really want to see that fight, should be interesting *///*

Nov 12, 2009 2:57 PM

Sep 2009
Jellyfish said:
Great chapter, I didnt realize that Pot of Fire was a guy, I just took it they were both female!

So did I! >D I was so confused when Fire transformed or watever.

Anyway, wicked chapter! That 7-way resonance attack was pretty freaking sweet! E3, right? (I'm really taking a liking to Kilik, now.)

Also, BLACK STAR! Finally get to see him fight (even though it's against Crona... D=)! Still glad we get to learn more about Crona, though. That's one of the things I've been waiting for.

(Yeah, I agree with Burntlettuce; Black Star looks taller!)
Nov 12, 2009 9:30 PM

Mar 2008
Jellyfish said:
Great chapter, I didnt realize that Pot of Fire was a guy, I just took it they were both female! Gotta admit though, nice transformation! Also Kilik and Kim have some kick ass moves, didn't realize they were that strong.

I love Black Star and Tsubaki's new outfits, those are pretty awesome! Looks like its a tough time next though, Crona must have got stronger. Pretty disappointed though, I thought Crona was gonna have an outfit change or something. Im expecting she is gonna have an epic transformation next chapter though whether its through fighting style or appearance.

The new outfits for Black Star and Tsubaki definitely work. Shows the change in Black Star that they are moving from flashy outfits to more functional ones. Agree he's also gotten taller. He's really growing as a person which is nice to see.

Should be a good fight. We have no idea what Medusa has been doing to Crona, but here should be some major improvement in terms of power there.But Black Star is better than he's ever been. His head is clear and he's not going to rush in. Even decided to use the third kata for it's speed boost so he wouldn't put Tsubaki at risk of taking a hit by that screaming resonance. Should be a good moment for Black Star in terms of showing how he's improved after training with Stein who fought Crona way back.

Too bad we have to wait for the next chapter. Wouldn't mind it now :).
Nov 13, 2009 2:11 PM

Apr 2008
I love how Black Star has really grown.

Chrona, Chrona, Chrona...hmm.
Nov 14, 2009 7:52 AM

Apr 2008
Grimmm said:
I love how Black Star has really grown.

Crona, Crona, Crona...hmm.
Srry im a grammar nazi.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Dec 7, 2009 11:06 PM
Oct 2008
Well then....

Sorry, I'm a Grammar Nazi.

Fix'd

And grammar =/= spelling.
Signature
Apr 12, 2010 10:22 PM

Oct 2008
Whoa, Thunder and Fires transformation was pretty awesome.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 30, 2010 9:04 AM

Dec 2009
Chrona looks crazy as hell .. also , it looks like we have to say goodbye to chibiRagnarok :< ..
Sep 27, 2010 8:25 PM

May 2008
Fire and Thunder's grown-up versions were pretty cool. And is it just me or did Black Star look more grown up?
Dec 25, 2011 4:23 AM

Jul 2011
Anitnelav said:
Whoa, Thunder and Fires transformation was pretty awesome.

of course they are awesome and mostly powerful !!!

The E3 wow!... What a incredible attack!!...I like it !!!

The Black Clown is ugly !!!

I hope Medusa's plan will succeed !!!
Apr 27, 2012 3:10 AM
Jul 2018

Fire and Thunder ---> Pretty awesome.
Chrona is here. <3
removed-userApr 27, 2012 3:14 AM
Apr 28, 2012 4:46 AM

Jul 2011
the black clown doesn't spread a lot of madness, but It has the black blood. And he can use it like Ragnarok.
Because there is something what is strange... If the black clown hasn't soul, how can it resonate with the kishin ?
The only way for it, is to do it through Chrona's soul, during the madness fusion.
Oct 3, 2012 7:49 PM

Feb 2012
Wait, wasn't this the first team soul resonance attack?

Fire and Thunder looked cool, stupid black clown didn't die, though.

Fuck yeah, Chrona is back and she pretty much looks the same as before but it looks like Ragnarok changed a bit.
Jan 15, 2016 9:58 PM

Nov 2014
Fire and Thunder are always super cute, but they looked so cool when they transformed!! (And I had no idea Fire was a boy! I thought they were both girls).

Black Star's right, this is Maka's fight. She's the one who should deal with Chrona...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

97 by Biisoo »»
Apr 5, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 97 Discussion

midnighteternal - Apr 19, 2012

28 by Biisoo »»
Apr 4, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 62 Discussion

Skribbz1990 - Jun 12, 2009

46 by Biisoo »»
Apr 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 39 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - May 11, 2008

12 by Biisoo »»
Apr 1, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 22, 2010

11 by Biisoo »»
Mar 31, 4:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.