Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
skudoops said:
lmao the tenticle rape came in pretty soon. Btw that whole fight didn't play out the way I thought it would, actually it had good scenes marred by pretty stupid ones. At least the ost was nice.

At first I thought they were going to use tactics, but after all that planning they slowly devolved into sheer brute force. My biggest issue is why shinon(?) didn't just keep shooting from the hill at the gattling gun guy.. or better yet, why not aim at his chest? He has a movement penalty so even if he got behind cover she could pin him down for the entire fight, yet she chose to fight on his terms and run in close...

As you saw in the episode with her 2nd shot, it left a large red trail showing where it'll hit. That's how he was able to dodge the 2nd bullet. After 60 seconds and moving to another location, you can snipe again without worry. But she figured out that he was no ordinary GGO player and that he had the rare mini gun (the mini gun version of Sinon's sniper in quality). The LN emphasized on the fact that when you are a sniper, there is a flaw that the first shot is the only shot that really counts. Thats why she shot first.
Jul 12, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
skudoops said:
lmao the tenticle rape came in pretty soon. Btw that whole fight didn't play out the way I thought it would, actually it had good scenes marred by pretty stupid ones. At least the ost was nice.

At first I thought they were going to use tactics, but after all that planning they slowly devolved into sheer brute force. My biggest issue is why shinon(?) didn't just keep shooting from the hill at the gattling gun guy.. or better yet, why not aim at his chest? He has a movement penalty so even if he got behind cover she could pin him down for the entire fight, yet she chose to fight on his terms and run in close...

He is an experienced guy so he can easily dodge all of her shots from afar. So she needs to get so close that he simply don't have time to dodge, she used to fact that he simply can't point it straight up. Giving her time to get close. It was all planed but the anime missed that part.
Jul 12, 2014 10:43 AM
Aug 2012
I loved this episode because Sinon is now best girl xD All seriousness though the series has been enjoyable thus far, really loving the gun designs and the world design of GGO is stunning, I love it. So far the only thing that really stands out is the pacing. It is rather slow. The majority of this episode was a single scene, that's like One Piece level pacing xD but apart from that really good.
Jul 12, 2014 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
This episode was very good. I'm extremely excited for the next episode. The whole "Sinon is a really cool badass" was pretty much expected. Hopefully Kazuto will begin to play GGO by next episode.
Jul 12, 2014 10:46 AM

Dec 2011
So that's how Sinon got her Hecate huh.

They're a player hunting squadron going for a monster hunting squadron hm.

Dat Sinon ass...

Ohooo, a minigun.

It looks like Sinon is going to storm that guy.

Sinon really has skills and she's really motivated not run away since it's a game.

GET REKT BEHEMOTH!

Oh look, real life Sinon.

And near the end we get to see some of Kirito's old gang members playing ALO.

It looks like Kirito is going to tell Asuna about what he plans to do in GGO.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 12, 2014 10:49 AM
Jul 2014
The new girl was badass and all which is cool, but i hope the show actually gives me a reason to care about her. Her personality was really bland and her character arc looks predictable (she obviously has something in her past that traumatized her) I hope this turns out ok.
Jul 12, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2012
adaw31 said:
skudoops said:

As you saw in the episode with her 2nd shot, it left a large red trail showing where it'll hit. That's how he was able to dodge the 2nd bullet. After 60 seconds and moving to another location, you can snipe again without worry. But she figured out that he was no ordinary GGO player and that he had the rare mini gun (the mini gun version of Sinon's sniper in quality). The LN emphasized on the fact that when you are a sniper, there is a flaw that the first shot is the only shot that really counts. Thats why she shot first.

Did they explain this in the anime?
Jul 12, 2014 10:50 AM
Mar 2012
Speaking of booty... anyone else enjoyed this scene?

Jul 12, 2014 10:51 AM
Feb 2009
kirito looking pree baws last scene
Jul 12, 2014 10:57 AM
Feb 2014
this series is going to get so so so much hate and it is mainly because of the script, jeez that was painful to follow. he was smiling on a battle field in a game, we got a badass over here

the animation looks great which good as im looking forward to see kirito as a jedi( iw onder if disney is going to sue).

it was good episode in terms that they established how badass sinon was in videogames.

the one thing that ticks me off is that they were afraid of dying, i would see why if SAO rules applied but they dont, all they lose is pride which i doubt they had any in the first place.
I only read books i have already read
Jul 12, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
While I like 2nd episode overall I can't help but find this heavy on orange colour palette a little bit boring and unoriginal. Doesn't light novel version of GGO look more... grey?

Anyway, I feel like this season will be significantly better than the first one. At this point it definitely feels more expensive production wise and as many of you already know has more mature (or, at least, more grounded) source material.
dsw2biJul 12, 2014 11:06 AM
Jul 12, 2014 10:59 AM

May 2014
Phahahah, SAO you can't even do your action without it being unintentional comedy, you bring up all these points just to bury yourself even deeper. Every single subtlety contradicts the dialog and narrative, I have a feeling the studio is doing it on purpose knowing that the source material they have can't be remedied by a good script.

MEMEgun shall now stay for ze internet.

GGO is just as badly designed as any game in the serious, making it even more laughable.

And the tentacle rape, as if the OP wasn't enough to remind us it happened.

4/5 - just for amusing me
Jul 12, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2009
Unlucky-kat said:
They even added a scene for the haters. Hateservice anyone?

So much unnecessary fanservice...but the Japanese market requires fanbait so it has to have such things. *sigh*

Though love the quote LOL.
Jul 12, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
therandomestguy said:
adaw31 said:

They did to a degree. The fact that the red trail was left made it obvious that you can't snipe people over and over again from 1500m. Like I said, its a sniper's weakness.
Jul 12, 2014 11:02 AM
Sep 2012
I really enjoyed the action, but I didn't understand why the fight was presented to us. I guess it was to introduce Sinon, but I think they could've improved her intro in a lot of ways like remove that flashback of her receiving that rifle and use that screen time to present her history during the battle. This idea might sound annoying, but it's awesome if done right like Haikyuu's intro for Hinata. Anyways, I'm just salty because I didn't get enough Kirito time.
Jul 12, 2014 11:03 AM

Feb 2014
Found something interesting , i think they reused the animation from the first season ep 2 when kirito kills that red ogre http://s17.postimg.org/rtvz9ew8e/coincidenta_don_t_think_so.jpg , what do you guys think ?
MarikGrJul 12, 2014 11:08 AM
Jul 12, 2014 11:04 AM

May 2013
Great episode, I can tell Sinon will make this season for me. Lol at the smiling on the battlefield though (isn't this a game?). The scene in ALO annoyed me though. Almost made me forgot about the awesomeness that proceeded it.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 12, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
OMG Sinon trickshots XDD
She did like 6 1/2 spins in mid-air and barrel stuffed the dude haha
Hopefully Kirito moves on to GGO next ep..
Jul 12, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
MarikGr said:
Found something interesting , i think the reused the animation from the first season ep 2 when kirito kills that red ogre http://s17.postimg.org/rtvz9ew8e/coincidenta_don_t_think_so.jpg , what do you guys think ?

The mouth is a bit off, eyes are different. But I can see where you are coming from. Good spotting.
Jul 12, 2014 11:07 AM

Jan 2012
Wow, I liked this episode. I prefer Sinon already over the characters from season one, the music, animation and everything else was great until the part at the end with the girls, ugh.
I fear that Kirito will ruin the future episodes with his plot armor and easily becomes some amazing player in a short amount of time, which most likely will happen, hopefully it's written well so it doesn't feel boring.
Jul 12, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2012
adaw31 said:
therandomestguy said:

They did to a degree. The fact that the red trail was left made it obvious that you can't snipe people over and over again from 1500m. Like I said, its a sniper's weakness.

I meant that it resets after 60 seconds and moving to another location. I don't think they said that, and I think it's pretty important information.
Jul 12, 2014 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
therandomestguy said:
adaw31 said:

I meant that it resets after 60 seconds and moving to another location. I don't think they said that, and I think it's pretty important information.

Yeah thats probably 1 of the few things that were left out. Think of it as tgat detail which if they put every single detail in, it'll make the show go on for an extra 10 episodes of every scene explaining stuff to the very dust.
Jul 12, 2014 11:17 AM
Nov 2013
I completely liked the episode, but there's just one thing that bugs me, but doesn't take anything from the show.

The character Sinon is currently on the side of player hunters, or as I like to call, Professional Gankers. And if you have ever played DayZ or any PvP MMO that includes this, you know those guys are dicks.

Just not a fan of those guys.
Jul 12, 2014 11:18 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

All you do is ruin the enjoyment of people who haven't seen said scenes, and people tend to have a habit of clicking spoilers whether it's major or not.
Jul 12, 2014 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
Another great episode imo; the intensity, animation, art, and action scenes were spot on and focusing on Sinon's perspective was pretty amusing to see. Not really much happen in here, just seeing on Sinon's perspective view.

Jul 12, 2014 11:21 AM

Mar 2014
The AI of the monsters is indeed terrible. That thing at the beginning just stood there while slowly being killed by Sinon xD
I like Sinon though, a new interesting character.
A book and who seek it attract one another. -Dantalian no Shoka
Jul 12, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
adaw31 said:
therandomestguy said:

Yeah thats probably 1 of the few things that were left out. Think of it as tgat detail which if they put every single detail in, it'll make the show go on for an extra 10 episodes of every scene explaining stuff to the very dust.

That's a good point usually but in this case I was actually confused, I thought every bullet had the red trail because I wasn't paying attention to whether or not the first shot did, and I think they bullet timed the first shot anyway so it might not have showed behind the bullet.
Jul 12, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2013
we learned nothing new from this episode... we just got to see sinon in action and kirito telling asuna he wants to talk about the GGO thing
Jul 12, 2014 11:25 AM

May 2012
nice ep.. like that action,. great to see the harem gang..

Jul 12, 2014 11:26 AM

Jun 2014
Zombiespire said:
I completely liked the episode, but there's just one thing that bugs me, but doesn't take anything from the show.

The character Sinon is currently on the side of player hunters, or as I like to call, Professional Gankers. And if you have ever played DayZ or any PvP MMO that includes this, you know those guys are dicks.

This is some explanation that the anime missed. Don't know if it will be explained or not so i'll add a spoiler tag.
ByonKunJul 12, 2014 11:40 AM
Jul 12, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
Unlucky-kat said:
Zombiespire said:

This is some explanation that the anime missed. Don't know if it will be explained or not so i'll add a spoiler tag.

That will probably be explained in one of the episodes, should be spoiler tagged.

Edit: He spoiler tagged it.
therandomestguyJul 12, 2014 12:07 PM
Jul 12, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
I love how badass Sinon is! I loved all the action.
Just pretend I have a signature here
Jul 12, 2014 11:32 AM
Oct 2010
adaw31 said:
skudoops said:

I got that, but I asked why she didn't just pin him down with the shots.. he can't really move fast so even if he knew where the bullets were coming from it's not like he could stand up and just shoot at people free reign, he'd have to go for cover, dodge or take some shots to the chest if he's aiming at someone else. This was the case when the dude with the hat hit him while he was aiming at shinon and he ended up losing his concentration and his aim, so basically she could have suppressed him from doing anything.

therandomestguy said:

meh they didn't really need to. It was easy to figure out.

Unlucky-kat said:

He is an experienced guy so he can easily dodge all of her shots from afar. So she needs to get so close that he simply don't have time to dodge, she used to fact that he simply can't point it straight up. Giving her time to get close. It was all planed but the anime missed that part.

Ah so the plan was just something A-1 left off? Ok then.

Jul 12, 2014 11:35 AM
Aug 2013
Its was a nice and tense episode i guess that how they are going to go with it now
Jul 12, 2014 11:37 AM
Aug 2013
Episode was good,
Season is starting out great,
Sinon is awesome.
Jul 12, 2014 11:37 AM
Nov 2008
so, is kirito a girl? i wanna know before i pick this up. dw i'll discuss the episode later it'll be sweet.
Jul 12, 2014 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
nice action episode with shion :D
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jul 12, 2014 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
Dont care wuts going on as long as it looks stylish and thats all that matter
The Cowboy hat wanted to QQ Lol

Heredity said:
so, is kirito a girl? i wanna know before i pick this up. dw i'll discuss the episode later it'll be sweet.

As of ep2 we know Kirito isnt the Green haired girl(Shinon)
[right]

Jul 12, 2014 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
therandomestguy said:

That will probably be explained in one the episodes, should be spoiler tagged.

Done. I just wasn't sure if I should've.
skudoops said:
Unlucky-kat said:

He is an experienced guy so he can easily dodge all of her shots from afar. So she needs to get so close that he simply don't have time to dodge, she used the fact that he simply can't point it straight up. Giving her time to get close. It was all planed but the anime missed that part.

Ah so the plan was just something A-1 left off? Ok then.

yes, as per protocol by A-1

dynamitMC said:
The AI of the monsters is indeed terrible. That thing at the beginning just stood there while slowly being killed by Sinon xD
I like Sinon though, a new interesting character.

The monster simply couldn't reach her and the ai probably didn't have a script for such situation.
ByonKunJul 12, 2014 11:51 AM
Jul 12, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2011
Shino was awesome! Sawashiro Miyuki did a great job <3
I also loved the OST in this ep!
Jul 12, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
I fell in love with Shinon this episode...
Could be cause of the voice. (Inaban kya!)

She is so freaking cool. I can't wait to learn more about her.
I was a die-hard Asuna fan, but wow, I didn't expect Shinon to capture my heart like this...

Can't wait for next week!
Hehe, tentacle rape ftw.
On a side note, Kirito looked really hot at the end there. >///>
Jul 12, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2009
Tbh I prefered the Sinon & The Gang action over the colorful elf-eared ALO at the end of the episode.

Sinon is a cool character, but she would've been better without the fanservice shots on her. Oh well, I imagine every character with female reproduction organs and breasts needs to get a fanservice shot.
AND SHE WOULD'VE BEEN SO GREAT WITHOUT IT
Jul 12, 2014 11:56 AM
Jun 2012
This was a damn good episode, SAO really needed an episode without any Kirito in it. It did a great job of setting the atmosphere for the rest of the series, introducing the world and some of it's rules and introducing the character. And of course the action and fightscenes were great and so was the OST. This looks like it's gonna turn out lots better than last season, though you can't really predict that from the first two eps as those were also good in the first season.
Jul 12, 2014 11:58 AM
Jul 2014
Unlucky-kat said:
Zombiespire said:

I created a new account just for commenting on this.
Not really sure that this is categorized as a spoiler or not, since we've passed the scene already. But I will put the spoiler tag, just in case.
Jul 12, 2014 11:59 AM
May 2014
Was a nice episode. Nothing more nothing less.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 12, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
I loved this ep! I hope they will keep up with quality like this till the end.
Jul 12, 2014 12:04 PM
Mar 2014
Huge improvement. Smooth worldbuilding and natural explanations/demonstrations of GGO mechanics. I really like how Sinon's character is turning out too. Well animated and choreographed action scenes, as usual. Things are really starting to look up.
Renge is love, Renge is life.
Jul 12, 2014 12:06 PM

Nov 2012
i realy like the guns and the atmosphere of the battle grounds, that headshot and the end was amazing
Jul 12, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2009
I see that some people still think that it is cool to complain about everything....sigh

Lets hope that next time Sinon's dev/background wont be cut for "reasons".
Jul 12, 2014 12:11 PM

Sep 2011
it seems that now, Kirito isn't the broken one xD
C'mon, that headshot by Sinon was ridiculous (but damn awesome).
Heck, Sinon herself is bloody awesome.
Hope GGO stays this way.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.