Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Princess Jellyfish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 12, 2010 8:32 AM

Oct 2009
Another great episode. Definitely my favourite this season - it's the only show I absolutely need to watch as soon as it's out! But so sad it's only 11 episodes...
Nov 12, 2010 10:02 AM

May 2010
Another WIN episode!!

kakukirin said:

Best Dynamic Nosebleeds ever. I love how Shu was all composed until he got in the car and then it was just....POP.
Also oh my god, the uncle kills me every time. xD

That part is hilarious.. His uncle is lololololol..
Nov 12, 2010 10:15 AM

Jul 2009
definitely, one of best show this season
now, score to 9/10 on my list..
Nov 12, 2010 11:24 AM
Dec 2008
fadburger said:
Shuu is even hotter animated, I think I am going to have a nosebleed myself!

lostinabook I think it's more that people like me who are rooting for Shuu are the deviants here lol.

I wish everybody would just get less oblivious, although I think I realized one thing I like about Shuu x Tsukimi is that they are both noobs lol.

Hateful woman makes her appearance next episode *barf*

I'm with you here.

In fact, the only reason I gave this ep a 4 and not a five is because of the presence of kurannosuke.

This guy just piss me off. What kind of douchebag worries about the mascara when he sees someone cry ? "the mascara is waterproof so it's ok" WTH ???

He's just too much of an egotist for me to not depise him.

Shuu is wayyyy nicer.
Nov 12, 2010 12:16 PM
Oct 2009
God I love this anime!!!
I don't want it to end!!!
XD
Nov 12, 2010 12:49 PM

Dec 2009
Tsukimi wa totemo kawaii desu!

As I had predicted the week before, we have a love triangle situation. Well, I love the three characters involved so I'd love if Tsukimi stayed with any of them [or even both of them] at the end.

It's so unfair that an excellent show like this one will have only 11 episodes whilst other crappy animes from this season have the double of episodes. It's indeed a cruel world after all!
Nov 12, 2010 1:50 PM

Feb 2010
This episode was great and had some really funny moments. My favorite is when brother guy walks in on Tskushi getting out of kimono.

Oh and I really love the ending theme for this show!

Nov 12, 2010 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
PerZona said:
Oh and I really love the ending theme for this show!

Who doesn't! And to show my love for this anime, I am changing My Sig. Well Denyuuden is going awesome too, so it was a big decision, but I had to lean to noitaminA !ssenemosewA
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 12, 2010 2:37 PM

Jun 2009
Oh gosh this show keeps getting better and better for me.

I honestly would be fine whichever brother she ended up with, but I'm kinda leaning towards Shu's virgin love. LOL.
Nov 12, 2010 2:47 PM

Jan 2009

My thoughts exactly.

That's not to say that I dislike Shuu-shuu. I think he's really cute and in any other situation would be an ideal match for Tsukimi. But like I said before, Kuranosuke and Tsukimi have this amazing chemistry, and while that doesn't make them automatic friends or ~perfect for each other~, makes it obvious (to me at least) that they can't get the other out of their heads. I love it. I love how they don't see eye to eye, how he stresses her out more than he makes her laugh, how she has absolutely no qualms about hitting him when he says something stupid. To me it just means that they see each other as equals and will be more realistic/sincere if whatever-this-is crosses over into romance.

tl;dr:

He's jealous. He blushed. It's cute. I support it.

Also. I thought I was going to die when Banba got ink in her hair, as well as when Mayaya used her as a mop. Please to be having maor episodes.
Nov 12, 2010 2:49 PM
May 2010
Kuragehime - 04: the weight of words

In the post I tried to tackle about how Tsukimi's mother's words reverberated in Tsukimi's life, as well as tried to explore certain presences in the show, such as the new girl appearing in the preview (and actually, in the OP, too). I've also tried to talk about Kuranosuke's jealousy - true beauty vs. physical beauty alone.

It's hard to root for Kuranosuke, frankly. He can just walk and girls will come to him.
Nov 12, 2010 2:59 PM

Jan 2009
physics223 said:

In the post I tried to tackle about how Tsukimi's mother's words reverberated in Tsukimi's life, as well as tried to explore certain presences in the show, such as the new girl appearing in the preview (and actually, in the OP, too). I've also tried to talk about Kuranosuke's jealousy - true beauty vs. physical beauty alone.

It's hard to root for Kuranosuke, frankly. He can just walk and girls will come to him.

I haven't read your review yet, so may not be capturing the full point of your last sentence here on this discussion board, but I'd like to point out that Shu isn't exactly what you'd call 'shoddy' himself. He's just as wealthy as his little brother, and has a very refined air about him that most young women would find appealing in it's own way. Plus it's become more than obvious now that the political business will fall to Shu instead of Kuranosuke, which would imply that he's intelligent and has a suitable life plan in front of him.

I'm not sure how old his younger brother is, I'm guessing 19, but Shu has admitted to being thirty years of age. His lack of girlfriends cannot be because women find him undesirable. I believe that Kuranosuke went through so many girls in his teenage years because he was unaware of how flighty and superficial females could be, whereas Shu was more careful and kept himself reserved. They both are similar in that they both dislike women and that Tsukimi is probably the first girl who has come across as genuinely sweet in a long time, but it's unfair to say that you're not rooting for Kuranosuke because he's had his share of relationships. In fact, another reason that I'm rooting for Kuranosuke is because his decision to crossdress has probably been one of the hardest things he's ever done. Sure, it's one of the easiest ways to shirk family responsibility and as he has little interest in most girls, it isn't a damper on his love life. But labeling himself as a "deviant," as he so bluntly put it is and probably will continue to put a strain on his emotions and persona. I'm sure some of his friends were disgusted by his decision, and those who hadn't seen him for only his looks probably do now and try to exploit him.

wow, I'm ranting all over this page. *creeps back into her little hovel*
Zaky-ZuraNov 12, 2010 3:04 PM
Nov 12, 2010 3:01 PM

Aug 2008
ovendoor said:
omg when Mayaya was using Banba's hair to dry off the ink I WAS DYING

^Exactly this!
And it was too cute when Kuranosuke started blushing <3 Really hope he gets with Tsukimi
Nov 12, 2010 3:11 PM

Jan 2010
Zaky-Zura said:

My thoughts exactly.

That's not to say that I dislike Shuu-shuu. I think he's really cute and in any other situation would be an ideal match for Tsukimi. But like I said before, Kuranosuke and Tsukimi have this amazing chemistry, and while that doesn't make them automatic friends or ~perfect for each other~, makes it obvious (to me at least) that they can't get the other out of their heads. I love it. I love how they don't see eye to eye, how he stresses her out more than he makes her laugh, how she has absolutely no qualms about hitting him when he says something stupid. To me it just means that they see each other as equals and will be more realistic/sincere if whatever-this-is crosses over into romance.

tl;dr:

Also. I thought I was going to die when Banba got ink in her hair, as well as when Mayaya used her as a mop. Please to be having maor episodes.
Zaky-Zura said:
physics223 said:

I haven't read your review yet, so may not be capturing the full point of your last sentence here on this discussion board, but I'd like to point out that Shu isn't exactly what you'd call 'shoddy' himself. He's just as wealthy as his little brother, and has a very refined air about him that most young women would find appealing in it's own way. Plus it's become more than obvious now that the political business will fall to Shu instead of Kuranosuke, which would imply that he's intelligent and has a suitable life plan in front of him.

I'm not sure how old his younger brother is, I'm guessing 19, but Shu has admitted to being thirty years of age. His lack of girlfriends cannot be because women find him undesirable. I believe that Kuranosuke went through so many girls in his teenage years because he was unaware of how flighty and superficial females could be, whereas Shu was more careful and kept himself reserved. They both are similar in that they both dislike women and that Tsukimi is probably the first girl who has come across as genuinely sweet in a long time, but it's unfair to say that you're not rooting for Kuranosuke because he's had his share of relationships. In fact, another reason that I'm rooting for Kuranosuke is because his decision to crossdress has probably been one of the hardest things he's ever done. Sure, it's one of the easiest ways to shirk family responsibility and as he has little interest in most girls, it isn't a damper on his love life. But labeling himself as a "deviant," as he so bluntly put it is and probably will continue to put a strain on his emotions and persona. I'm sure some of his friends were disgusted by his decision, and those who hadn't seen him for only his looks probably do now and try to exploit him.

wow, I'm ranting all over this page. *creeps back into her little hovel*

You... You have taken the words right out of my mouth.
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Nov 12, 2010 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode. I don't want to wait a week. The nosebleed scenes were hilarious, as well as Chieko's creepy Kimono rant.
Nov 12, 2010 7:08 PM
Jan 2010
Okay, this show has more awesome than watching an episode once can say. I've watched every episode twice so far. It's cute, funny, romantic, heart breaking...

I'm on the Tsukimi X Shu ship as well. Although I feel for Kuranosuke too.
Nov 12, 2010 7:26 PM

Apr 2008
Oh god I just can't describe how much I'm liking this anime, it really is the best anime of 2010 (not just for the fall)
I loved this episode!!
Nov 12, 2010 7:32 PM

Nov 2009
Oooooooo, a love triangle~ It's really amusing, but I support Kuranosuke all the way. :D

And, I loooooove this anime so much. <3
At first I was like ヽ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ. But then I was like ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌.
Nov 12, 2010 7:57 PM

Jul 2009
Such an awesome episode! This anime rules!
Older brother is so epic lol XD He's so cute when he's embarrassed
Poor Tsukimi ... her mom D:
LOVE TRIANGLE FTW XD
Nov 12, 2010 8:04 PM

Jan 2010
Kinda disappointed with this episode..felt like a typical shoujo in this one, not the unique show it was being in the first 3.

Hopefully 5 will be better.
Ok™
Nov 12, 2010 8:30 PM

Jan 2008
virgin love is always cute but I'm actually rooting for Kuranosuke. Favorite anime of fall.
Nov 12, 2010 8:41 PM

Jul 2009
How can this show keep getting better and better?

I can't really decide on either ship. Ahhhh...Shuu blushing plus his nosebleeds and Kuranosuke getting jealous. Wah, too cute!!

I CANNOT wait for next week. But at the same time I'm dreading it because that means it'll be closer to the end. Why must this show be so short??
Nov 12, 2010 9:01 PM

Feb 2010
Nosebleeds for the win!! :D
Nov 12, 2010 9:17 PM

Apr 2009
lostinabook said:
I love, love, love this show.

And now we have a love triangle. I am fully throwing my support in Kuranosuke's camp although I know that there are a lot of people who like Shu. I'll just be a deviant for once. XD

I adore this series (:
& yes I'm pulling for Kuranosuke too <3
Nov 12, 2010 10:15 PM

Oct 2008
Love triangle!
Kuranosuke and his bro are just too funny!
And lol @ Banba's hair with the ink loooool
Nov 12, 2010 10:24 PM

Aug 2008
surprise nose bleeds for everyone! What a wonderful episode. There's no denying this love triangle now... and what a bunch of freaks! A trap, jellyfish nerd and a 30 yr old virgin... HA!
Nov 12, 2010 11:49 PM
Jul 2008
Am I the only one shipping

Shuu x Tsukimi
&
Kuranosuke x Hanamori

?

Love triangles are too messy :(
Nov 12, 2010 11:59 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
This just keeps getting better and better! The nosebleeds were hilarious!

Clara~
Tequila~

Zaky-Zura said:
tl;dr:

YES.
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 13, 2010 3:45 AM

Jan 2010
I usually hate love triangles but this time I'm actually okay with it. =3
I had a hard time decinding on who to root for, but I'm going with Kuranosuke after all.
I mean I like Shuu and all, but he doesn't even know Tsukimi. He's fallen only for her looks and her cute behaviour at the aquarium, but when he saw 'the real Tsukimi', he just said she was disgusting. Kuranosuke got to know Tsukimi's real self even before experiencing how beautiful she could be, what's more; he was the one that made her look like that. Even so he's still falling for her, while knowing her real self, and knowing what she looks like without make-up and pretty clothes, therefore, I think his feelings are more sincere.

Plus. HE'S SUPER ADORABLE. I wanted to huggle him so bad when he got all jealouse, plus, when he heard about Tsukimi's mom, you could tell he's really starting to care for her. <3
Nov 13, 2010 4:11 AM

Jul 2008
I totally support Shuu x Tsukimi. Fff they're such cute megane virgins. ♥ And Shuu is freaking adorable with his blushings.

ionphantom said:
Kuranosuke has already had the hottest girls and beauty queens. Shuu needs a win. I'll support his virgin love.

FUK YEAH!
Nov 13, 2010 7:21 AM

Aug 2009
Meh. Wasn't too crazy about it.

I support Chieko x Kuranosuke. Whoooo.
Nov 13, 2010 8:01 AM

Jun 2009
Gahh, He's being jealous of two virgins xD Loved how she got another attitude by taking her classes off and the hair by the side, with kimono on, she looks cute in it^^

Nov 13, 2010 11:12 AM

May 2009
Oh, it hurt. It hurt real bad. It hurt real bad from all the uncontrollable laughter! So many funny moments, but I completely lost it during the frenetic final scene. SO GOOD!!
Nov 13, 2010 2:02 PM

May 2008
Soooo lovely ~~~~~~
90% of Anime is shit, but then, 90% of everything is shit.
Nov 13, 2010 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
Ahh my favorite episode so far. Loved this one! Is Kuranosuke starting to realize his love?!

I can't decide if I like Shuu x Tsukimi or Kuranosuke x Tsukimi better, hehe.
Nov 13, 2010 3:10 PM

Mar 2009
Oh my goodness.

I love this show.
Nov 13, 2010 3:36 PM

Nov 2009
Another fantastic episode!

Banba. I love Banba and I love her hair.

Tsukimi looked quite adorable in the kimono. The nosebleeds and Tsukimi's "thermography-style sensory temperature memories" had me laughing my butt off.

I thought that Kuranosuke kicking Shuu was the funniest thing ever. xD I'm not sure why though.

I'm totally sailing Kuranosuke x Tsukimi ship. I love those two. Jealous Kuranosuke was so cute~

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Nov 13, 2010 4:41 PM
Jun 2008
Yami-chii said:
I had a hard time decinding on who to root for, but I'm going with Kuranosuke after all.
I mean I like Shuu and all, but he doesn't even know Tsukimi. He's fallen only for her looks and her cute behaviour at the aquarium, but when he saw 'the real Tsukimi', he just said she was disgusting. Kuranosuke got to know Tsukimi's real self even before experiencing how beautiful she could be, what's more; he was the one that made her look like that. Even so he's still falling for her, while knowing her real self, and knowing what she looks like without make-up and pretty clothes, therefore, I think his feelings are more sincere.

Plus. HE'S SUPER ADORABLE. I wanted to huggle him so bad when he got all jealouse, plus, when he heard about Tsukimi's mom, you could tell he's really starting to care for her. <3

Yes! Thanks I don't have to type that all up. :D Shuu is just horny old virgin. At least Kuranosuke is a dick in a funny way as opposed to being a mean old pervert. Remember him on the phone. I'm just going to root for Uncle and wait for Kuranosoke do give everyone in the sisterhood a makeover ASAP! I wish. bahaha. Can't wait to ACTUALLY see what happens though. This is so good. I'm laughing out loud remembering the episode. Is that lame?
Nov 13, 2010 5:26 PM

Jun 2008
The best detail for me this episode was how their nosebleeds weren't just a bulk comedic effect but had to actually be cleaned up :)

Usually the blood just magically disappears, or at least in the limited amount of series I've viewed.
- TAH

"Even those with fortitude have joints."
Nov 13, 2010 11:02 PM

Jan 2010
Ranked: #54302
Popularity: #1797

?!?!

This show needs moar luv.
Nov 14, 2010 12:14 AM

Apr 2009
Yami-chii said:

The Tsukimi at the aquarium and the Tsukimi at the boarding house are BOTH REAL. Both times her expressions and feelings were sincere. She never forced herself to be cute or even act it consciously. Differences in appearances does not make one more real than the other. Someone wearing a loose sweatsuit at home, without any makeup on vs someone dressing up nicely to go outside does not make one version their 'true self' and the other version not.

Shuu in fact... saw Tsukimi without her makeup, with her glasses on, in a completely dishevelled and unflattering state and did not think it was disgusting (his reaction was quite the opposite). To the extent that he knows Tsukimi... I think Shuu's feelings are sincere. Kuranosuke, in this episode, is falling for the same Tsukimi that Shuu is. Before seeing her at the aquarium, he only considered Tsukimi his friend and something of a 'project'.

I think there's potential for Shuu to accept Tsukimi's other side once he gets to know her better. That's how it is with most people in real life anyway. Most people have what they consider to be an 'ugly side' that they don't introduce themselves with. Only people who know them, and know that they are more than just that 'ugly side' get to know it and do accept it.

I'm okay with either pairing. I would find the romancing between Shuu and Tsukimi more amusing to watch but the manga/anime will probably go the Kuranosuke route (Kuranosuke is closer in age to Tsukimi, he was first introduced, and Shuu seems like he could marry for political reasons).
Nov 14, 2010 1:49 AM

Sep 2009
Nice...

I hope that building doesn't get replaced.
Nov 14, 2010 5:22 AM

Nov 2007
Tsukimi x Kuranosuke, represent
Nov 14, 2010 7:51 AM

May 2009
Wow, favourite episode so far. I was surprised at how calm Shuu was when she saw Tsukimi stripped down...so it was just a delayed reaction LOL
Nov 14, 2010 8:05 AM

Jan 2010
ovendoor said:
omg when Mayaya was using Banba's hair to dry off the ink I WAS DYING
YEAH, ME TOO ):
Nov 14, 2010 8:05 AM

Jan 2008
LOL as in LOL. I've been loving this show.

Atm, I am rooting for the older brother and Tsukimi. I know it will be Kuranosuke in the end as seen in the OP.
Nov 14, 2010 4:58 PM
Dec 2007
"I can't take it !!!"

Best episode of the season for the best series of the season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 14, 2010 5:07 PM

Feb 2010
Yeeeey! The best anime of the season^^
Nov 14, 2010 7:35 PM

Nov 2009
this show is amazing. i LOVE kuranosuke hes sooo cuteee
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2010 10:02 PM

Oct 2009
The Banba hair thing was indeed funny, like when it caught on fire earlier ^_^

Very good episode all around.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

232 by Dripz2012 »»
Mar 17, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 18, 2010

133 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2010

163 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jinjos - Oct 28, 2010

132 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 3, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

235 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 1, 6:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.