Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2010 8:08 PM

Dec 2008
ABOUT TIME.
This was so freaking awesome.
Gainax = LOVE

The pole scene was hot.
And I am a girl. xD

I really love the western pop-art style of this, the toilet humor was surprising funny~
This anime has a lot of potential. Let us hope it lives up to it c:
DeviantART: apple-seed.deviantart.com
Oct 1, 2010 8:14 PM

Jul 2009
Lovers gonna love...

/thread
Oct 1, 2010 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
Dilvish said:
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT

My thoughts exactly.

I'm going to poke this show from time to time with a very, very long pole, just to check it out. If it gets better at some point, perhaps I'll watch more as I feel very wrong about dropping this show on the first episode.

For now though, I don't want to waste my time with this. It shows exactly what is wrong with [a few] American cartoons.

I will not post here or state my dislike further, this is all from me. Please ignore this post if you don't like it, everyone, and enjoy the show.
Oct 1, 2010 8:28 PM
Nov 2007
Wallachia said:
Dilvish said:

For now though, I don't want to waste my time with this. It shows exactly what is wrong with [a few] American cartoons.

On the contrary, I feel it's everything that I like about American cartoons with the bad filtered out. Immature humor (in a good way) with a competent art style.
Oct 1, 2010 8:36 PM

Jun 2009
Best anime this year.
Oct 1, 2010 8:36 PM

Dec 2006
THIS ANIME IS FRICKING AWESOME !!!

Oct 1, 2010 8:42 PM

Mar 2009
Awww, I'm kind of disappointed.
I was hoping it'd be stylish and fun without everything I don't like about modern Western cartoons, but unfortunately, they added those in. :C The immature potty jokes, especially. Argh.

Well, I'll still keep watching this. I like the art and the soundtrack and hopefully they'll tone down the crudeness enough so I can enjoy it more.
Oct 1, 2010 8:44 PM

Mar 2009
Dilvish said:

Something so EPICALLY AWESOME that I couldn't believe what I was reading or hearing that I had to watch it... TWICE. Freaking hilarious... 10/10 from me and this may be more interesting than Sora No Otoshiomo: Forte. --- Randy
Oct 1, 2010 8:52 PM

Mar 2010
Yeah, toilet jokes were funny.....when I was 8.

First episode was alright.
The music/soundtrack is pretty awesome though.
Oct 1, 2010 9:25 PM
Jun 2008
I have no idea what or where to start my complaint ....

This Anime remind me of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and a small mix of The Fairly OddParents..There is a cartoon is very similar to this but I just can't remember what is the name .

DAmn!! I laugh so much that I can't freakin hear the audio anymore!!! KusoAnime.Oh man,This Anime is best watch while drinking beer
MorningGloryOct 1, 2010 9:40 PM
Oct 1, 2010 9:47 PM

Sep 2008
It's kinda like Genndy Tartakovsky raped Gainax and this was the illegitimate love child born out of it.

It's interesting so far, but I dunno how long that's gonna last. Atleast they are doing some thing new.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 1, 2010 9:52 PM

Oct 2008
This is quite possibly the worst anime i have seen in a long time. We're talking about a show so bad that it makes me want to watch mitsudomoe instead. Speaking of mitsudomoe, i didn't think it was possible to have more childish jokes than that series but i guess they found a way asking every 9 year old out there for advice....

The art style is horrible too but i suppose it fits the writing, for 9 year olds.

I guess this explains why the anime industry in japan is slowly dying.
Oct 1, 2010 10:36 PM

Jan 2010
Naratchi said:
I didn't expect this O_O

me too.. Feels like im watching PPG. LOL
Oct 1, 2010 10:43 PM
Jun 2008
oh (bleeping) yes now that is the (bleeping) anime really more bangs for your watching your worths.

cause really this really like another unexpected (bleeping) anime hit to watch.

besides it's bring in a new (bleeping) level so far it's truely of the whole mother (bleeping) anime fall 2010 to watch.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 1, 2010 10:52 PM

Aug 2009
I. didn't. expect. that. this. will. be. AWESOME.

ESPECIALLY THE TRANSFORMATION SCENE.
Oct 1, 2010 10:57 PM

May 2010
Not sure wether I like it or not but I'll continue watching.
The train villain sound like Iwata Mitsuo.
Oct 1, 2010 11:15 PM

Dec 2009
lol. Its weird , its crazy , i like it so far <3 !
Oct 1, 2010 11:17 PM

Oct 2009
I liked it, but was it was just too vulgar, crass, and disgusting. Failed to provide anything laugh-out-loud funny, unlike Abenobashi, FLCL, and Re: Cutey Honey. But alas I dig the randomness and style. Also epic transformation is epic!

Wouldn't it have been more awesome if the anime had the same style as that tranformation sequence??
Oct 1, 2010 11:22 PM

May 2010
So much crude humor in this anime! I never have seen this type of comedy in anime before, and I like it as of right now.

We'll see how it goes as the show continues on.

Oct 1, 2010 11:27 PM
Sep 2010
Just in case any of you guys were actually serious about thinking the anime would be the same with the transformation animation, it would be practically impossible to have that type of animation going all over the place. No way it would happen

And this show is just too awesome
Oct 1, 2010 11:30 PM

Nov 2007
Dilvish said:

Is what has been on my mind throughout the episode.

Oct 1, 2010 11:45 PM

Jun 2008
Awesome first ep. I immensely enjoy the suffering of weeaboos when they don't get their dose of moeshit.
Oct 1, 2010 11:52 PM

May 2008
How bad is it that I'm enjoying this show as much as I am?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 1, 2010 11:54 PM

Sep 2007
This was just... awesome.
Oct 2, 2010 12:19 AM

Sep 2010
Orkel said:
Awesome first ep. I immensely enjoy the suffering of weeaboos when they don't get their dose of moeshit.

This

Hahahah! I loved it. Loved the cartoony style, and the crude sense of humour.
Definitely not for everybody, but hey, I'll be watching no doubt.
Oct 2, 2010 12:24 AM

Mar 2008
cstle said:
Wallachia said:
Dilvish said:

On the contrary, I feel it's everything that I like about American cartoons with the bad filtered out. Immature humor (in a good way) with a competent art style.

This. I even find it interesting that the structure of the episode was very much like an American cartoon-30 sec. intro and two stand-alone 15 minute parts in one episode.

I was intrigued by the animation style (my face was like *o* through the whole episode) but I definitely didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did, crude humor and all. It's a pretty fun watch and I'll be following to see how much more insane this can get!
Oct 2, 2010 12:27 AM

Feb 2008
From all the weird stuff Gainax has made, this one takes the cake. Heck, even FLCL makes more sense than this.
Still, I liked this first episode. Especially the sequence where the girls first used their weapons.
Oct 2, 2010 12:43 AM

Jan 2008
this is a show of pure genius. the style of art they use is perfect for the comedy/action this show brings. gainax delivers again.
Oct 2, 2010 1:43 AM
Nov 2009
this show is just one big piece of shit, fucking artstyle suck, fuck it the only good thing was the transformation

remember when japan produced worthy anime? good times man but i guess this is the way it ends. It has been fun times but now.... and japan wonder why the fuck no1 buy their shit and why fucking west world doesnt want to licence their shit LOL anime is going down
Oct 2, 2010 1:59 AM

Apr 2009
So... GAINAX x The Powerpuff Girls, right? As stupid as it sounds, this is fucking awesome. The most original, vulgar, caddish show I've seen in those last 2 or 3 seasons.
Unique, I'd say. Though I'm not entirely sure, but I'd rather call it 'a cartoon' than 'an anime'.
Anyway, I'd wager that haters gonna hate and this series will be underrated, but mark my words: this is definitely worth your time. Give it a shot!

EDIT
torrentsven said:
remember when japan produced worthy anime? good times man but i guess this is the way it ends.

And that's the first (oh, there's Rainbow too) anime in a while that is actually good and original and doesn't multiply schemes that have worn out already. It's a goddamn parody, man. Of both anime and western cartoons.
LustrelessOct 2, 2010 2:03 AM

Oct 2, 2010 2:00 AM
Dec 2008
Orkel said:

You're a fucking retard. I probably don't need to tell you have autism since it's apparent you've had special education all your life. Learn the term "moe" before you spew your crap, piece of shit. Not every anime contains moe. Moe is a subjective term used to describe your feelings towards a character. Some people find Panty or Stockings moe, if you put it in your logic then this show is "moeshit". Come at me bro.

inb4 u mad hurr durr XDDDD hatters gonna hat
Oct 2, 2010 2:04 AM
Jun 2008
this shit is fucking funny as hell, its so unique that I can't believe it must watch for the season, the shit part made me laugh like hell
Oct 2, 2010 2:08 AM

Apr 2009
Nagi- said:
Moe is a subjective term used to describe your feelings towards a character.

Hmm, not only. This term also refers to a character that is attractive due to its appearance or behaviour. However...
Nagi- said:
Orkel said:
Orkel said:

You're a fucking retard.

There's a grain of truth in what Orkel said, this show is rather not for orthodox weeaboos for its parody content.

Oct 2, 2010 2:09 AM
Jun 2008
Nagi- said:
Orkel said:

You're a fucking retard. I probably don't need to tell you have autism since it's apparent you've had special education all your life. Learn the term "moe" before you spew your crap, piece of shit. Not every anime contains moe. Moe is a subjective term used to describe your feelings towards a character. Some people find Panty or Stockings moe, if you put it in your logic then this show is "moeshit". Come at me bro.

inb4 u mad hurr durr XDDDD hatters gonna hat

you're right they should learn the term before spewing shit, moe is a feeling there where some parts in this show where they I get the feeling like the transformation scene, so anyone saying this is against fans of moe should shut up because this is also moe for different people.
Oct 2, 2010 2:49 AM

Aug 2009
This was so psychotic. Animation was very, very good. It was more of 'amazing'. I guess is what is called bortherline of anime and cartoon. Experimental approach is always plus for me, unlike those who might hate whatever things that is 'different'.There was definitely feeling of one huge sarcasm towards Japan anime creativity as a whole. (Gainax: we are sick of u weabooo shits so we are going to maek moe characters not so moe, make fanservice not so fanservice and make anime not so anime'.) Just brilliant

About humour, not too sure. I kinda felt a lot of thing was forced. Even though it might fall flat in the end, I will still watch it for my guilty pleasure and anti-japan animations and story. Something different will always either instant hate or love, I'm for latter one.
Oct 2, 2010 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
torrentsven said:
this show is just one big piece of shit

this
Oct 2, 2010 3:04 AM

Aug 2009
Seems alright, but this isn't my type of anime.

Pretty funnyin general and it reminds of me other cartoons but...I dont like any of them.

Still, it ain't my type of anime to watch.
Oct 2, 2010 3:08 AM

Aug 2009
Oh god, this was so fucking ridiculous.

But I liked it.

Also
FLY AWAY NOW. FLY AWAY NOW. FLY AWAAAAAAY.
Samu-tanOct 2, 2010 3:19 AM
Oct 2, 2010 3:09 AM

May 2008
So K-On! is pandering Otaku trash.
While Panty & Stocking is revolutionary forward anime?

I don't get it. I like it. But I don't get it.

Oct 2, 2010 3:20 AM

Feb 2010
i give them credit for doing something different but definitely not a show for the mainstream.
Oct 2, 2010 3:21 AM

Dec 2007
I'm not sure what to think about this yet. I really hated the character designs and some of the art(transformation scene was pretty awesome though), and well the humor was....lets just say that I felt like I was watching Cartoon Network or some MTV series. And I'm not at all convinced that that's a good thing.

Well, at least this anime is proof that Gainax has a lot of spare money it can afford to waste.
yakisobapanOct 3, 2010 4:01 AM
Oct 2, 2010 3:44 AM

Nov 2008
helur said:
I am seriously conflicted about how i feel. It was indeed...
RyanSaotome said:
Feels like a more mature/sexual version of Powerpuff Girls.

For now i liked the intensity and the voice acting, surprisingly, and just being blown away since i had no idea what to expect . I Don't read summaries before I test new shows since it ruins what i am going to watch anyways. The whole shit gag of the first part was a turn off, and i am not sure i liked the speed segment either. Actually there is nothing that i particularly liked, except Stocking. =P

The true test comes in the next few weeks: Can it retain interest with what it gives? Style is important but only goes so far.
I pretty much agree with this statement. I love the art style, tough, not to mention the art shift during the transformation sequence and the action in the second part was cool.

We will see.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Oct 2, 2010 3:55 AM

May 2008
I must say, Panty & Stocking is a nice break from Japan's really stale Ecchi Comedy industry. The whole thing practically relies on badly built harems, "accidental pervert" and really odd panty-schoolgirl situations and has been suffering for that from years.
People go ape when something like Strike Witches comes out so it's really not surprising that people would do much of the same for Panty & Stocking.

When practically every show in this genre looks and plays out almost exactly the same, something like this really is nice to have.

Oct 2, 2010 4:24 AM
Oct 2, 2010 6:00 AM

Aug 2009
TeenChibi said:

Wouldn't it have been more awesome if the anime had the same style as that tranformation sequence??

No, because then it would just look like all the other anime out there (even if it was beautifully animated).

Also, I don't think they could keep that kind of animation running through the whole series. It would be...too impossible without a killer budget.

SamTheNayru said:

FLY AWAY NOW. FLY AWAY NOW. FLY AWAAAAAAY.

Man, that has been in my head all day
Oct 2, 2010 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
so whats up with the dumbass's who made reviews after one episode.
Oct 2, 2010 6:05 AM

Jun 2007
This was amazing. I loved the sentai style finishers!
Oct 2, 2010 6:12 AM

Feb 2008
busterbeam said:
I'm pretty sure the entire show will be "filler"

yes episodic = filler

cowboy bebop was a filler show (no it wasn't)
"filler" != filler. Obviously I meant the show would simply consist of lots of mini-arcs where the formula is the same for each episode, bad guy appears, girls give chase, girls win. But whatever, not important.

I wonder if they'll do a beach episode...
Oct 2, 2010 6:33 AM
Nov 2007
This show is so bad it hurts my brain.
Oct 2, 2010 6:42 AM

Jul 2009
This show is so good it raped my brain.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Panty &amp; Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Dec 24, 2010

426 by NoldorSensei »»
Aug 29, 9:10 PM

» Mahou Shoujo tag??

Moonshine_cookie - Aug 13

6 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 16, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Panty &amp; Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chalco - Nov 5, 2010

199 by Eatsik »»
Apr 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Panty &amp; Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Dec 17, 2010

140 by TobiasAnimeMan »»
Apr 13, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Panty &amp; Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SunshineNoka - Dec 3, 2010

201 by JoaoPedru »»
Apr 8, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.