Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 22, 2010 7:18 AM

Sep 2009
MorningGlory said:
Riga92 said:
Clowns aren't scary to me but they are a bit creepy/annoying to me.
I second that....
What is the difference between creepy and scary?
Is it a before and after effect of emotion ??

Isn't creepy when you feel like your skin crawls, and scary is when you are shocked or surprised by events or actions that you didn't see coming?

Like when someone pervs on you, its creepy not scary, but any kind of violent action that might cause harm is scary.

Not all scary people are creeps and not all creepy people are scary. being both is pretty bad, people are usually violent because they don't get the respect they think they deserve, and creepy people can never get respect so if they are violent they would probably be the most violent.

I just remember the clowns face in it being scary, actually i don't know why,just something about the teeth and the voice.
Jun 22, 2010 7:19 AM

Oct 2007
I don't understand the fear that some people insist on having of clowns, but that's just me. Personally I don't find them entertaining or funny, but I don't find them frightening or anything like that.
Jun 22, 2010 7:38 AM

Oct 2008
I hate them - I mean what's the point of having someone dressed up in a horrible way and you're supposed to laugh at it?
Jun 22, 2010 7:39 AM
Jun 2008
Disposable-Angel said:
Like when someone pervs on you, its creepy not scary,

Although I don't have much experience of fear so I can't really tell between scary and creepy
"Isn't creepy when you feel like your skin crawls," well at least I agree on this ^^
"scary is when you are shocked or surprised by events or actions" Izzit something similar to this??
I watch Baccano, and I heard a quote sound like this " Normally people can control their feeling when they are driven by violence due to desire.That is consider NORMAL people. but When normal people get violence when driven by more than what they desire without knowing what is the reason.Now that is scary"
get back to the question, Clown are actually kinda scary
Jun 22, 2010 8:03 AM

Sep 2009
MorningGlory said:
. but When normal people get violence when driven by more than what they desire without knowing what is the reason.Now that is scary"

So maybe clowns tap into that unknown reason which is why its scary maybe?

I think clowns are children who have lost their fun/magic and so they try recapture it by acting like children do and playing elaborate jokes and making stupid sounds and doing silly stuff. It sort of screams of desperation, acting the fool.

I'm not scared of party clowns, but someone trying to be funny when they are not is one of the uncomfortable things to witness. It's like asocial nightmare where your trying your hardest to get people to laugh along with you but they just sit there staring.

People only seem to laugh when they get hurt, so imagine what it would be like to be actually hurt and needing help while people just laugh at you, it would make you insane with rage maybe.

showing my age a bit there was a magician called Tommy cooper, he was performing a magic show and half way through he had a heart attack,people thought it was part of the act and so the just laughed as he died on stage,the backstage staff had to close the curtain and call the ambulance because nobody else could tell the difference.

I think clowns are a façade of what they want to be inside, happy and fun and free but the reality is they are not this. But that's a bit too much of a mature thinking,i doubt any child would care,they just see colours and things happening, so if your scared of clowns as a child it could be because something happened that made you scared of that kind of setting, traditionally a party.

I don't think I've every seen a clown in real life except for in the circus I was more afraid of the woman falling off the tight rope than the clowns. The clowns are just there to keep things moving while they perform the next big trick. One clown pretended to chop off his leg and then threw it in the audience. That wasn't scary but then i thought what if he did it for real just to get a laugh and for people to notice him, that is kind of scary.
Jun 22, 2010 8:24 AM
Jun 2008
Disposable-Angel said:

I don't think I've every seen a clown in real life except for in the circus I was more afraid of the woman falling off the tight rope than the clowns.

Since you mention this, i guess you are scare of the predictable possibility that is going to happen to the lady.I believe it can be said Amused with heart throbbing very fast.I think that is not scary.The previous quote(baccano) i mention are unpredictable possibilities . but I think both are classified as "scary" .It is just that unpredictable possibilities are the most scary.
For example: "One clown pretended to chop off his leg and then threw it in the audience. That wasn't scary but then i thought what if he did it for real just to get a laugh and for people to notice him, that is kind of scary."

and one more thing, you sure write long sentence in short time.I am sweating here just to write a few paragraph >.<
Jun 22, 2010 8:29 AM

Sep 2009
MorningGlory said:
Disposable-Angel said:

I don't think I've every seen a clown in real life except for in the circus I was more afraid of the woman falling off the tight rope than the clowns.

Since you mention this, i guess you are scare of the predictable possibility that is going to happen to the lady.I believe it can be said Amused with heart throbbing very fast.I think that is not scary.The previous quote(baccano) i mention are unpredictable possibilities . but I think both are classified as "scary" .It is just that unpredictable possibilities are the most scary.
For example: "One clown pretended to chop off his leg and then threw it in the audience. That wasn't scary but then i thought what if he did it for real just to get a laugh and for people to notice him, that is kind of scary."

and one more thing, you sure write long sentence in short time.I am sweating here just to write a few paragraph >.<

So fear of the unknown? Maybe clowns represent a door or gateway to the unknown possibility of what you know you don't know exists, is that makes any sense? Like,you might have never seen a lion before but then you see one and suddenly you are frozen with fear, you don't know what he is capable of but something inside you says it's not good, an instinct of self preservation.
Jun 22, 2010 8:49 AM
Jun 2008
Disposable-Angel said:

So fear of the unknown?.........instinct of self preservation

fear due to instinct is really fearful.Fear is what keep us alive.
The reason I fear for clown maybe because I watch "Clown horror movie " when I am young.Of course I did not frozen with fear but instead I ran away with fear .
I think the instinct "frozen with fear" is a very good choice at least it won't result people into violence.But people may break from "frozen with fear" and into "violence" or self protection maybe.
I remember when I get robbed by thieve with a knives on his hand,I am "frozen with fear".After the event,I never regretted not fighting back.I guess that is instinct.
So I think fear can be group into "instinct fear" ,"fear of the unpredictable possibilities " and "fear of the predictable possibilities ".
"fear of the predictable possibilities " maybe be like fear of high.
I am confuse why I flee when I fear.
Jun 22, 2010 8:58 AM

Feb 2010
their afros scare me
Jun 22, 2010 9:03 AM

Jul 2008
They scare me ):

I stayed away from drains for years after watching It.
Jun 22, 2010 10:18 AM

Jun 2010
I was scared.
Now I love Kefka xD
Jun 22, 2010 10:49 AM

Aug 2008
Dentists are way ssscccaaarrriiieeerrr to me than those goofy clowns.

"See the prince on the rocking horse, his polished face looks cool,
I'm just gonna spill my guts on you."

- Deg
Jun 22, 2010 10:53 AM

Jul 2008
I hate the makeups thats why I want to choke them.
Jun 22, 2010 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
Hate 'em, wanna stick a knife in their chests and watch them bleed to death.

Hahah... not really. I just think clowns are boring and irritating.
Jun 22, 2010 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
laPetiteMort said:
Dentists are way ssscccaaarrriiieeerrr to me than those goofy clowns.

Can I just say, I have an INSANELY hot dentist, and I actually look forward to going every six months. Desntists are NOT scary. X'D

I can't understand this fear of clowns so many people have. I'm not a fan of them, but that's only because they're extremely unfunny and tend to get annoying after a while. :')
curiouser and curiouser :)
Jun 22, 2010 12:50 PM

Mar 2010
^ same as above what's up with clowns being scary? i dont get it. If he's just making jokes and twisting balloons there's nothing to be afraid of. And if he starts acting weird like growing big ass teeth or starts laughing evil just stab the fucker:P

Jun 22, 2010 1:17 PM

Oct 2009
I don't fear them but i hate them.
Jun 22, 2010 6:41 PM

Nov 2009
If theres any clown i'm scared of its Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal).
Jun 22, 2010 7:17 PM
Jun 22, 2010 7:56 PM

Dec 2009
i don`t see anything wrong with the normal happy clowns .
but the ones that are made to look scary really creep me out .

Jun 22, 2010 11:54 PM

Nov 2009
I HATE Clowns, they serously creep me out
Jul 17, 2010 12:05 PM

Apr 2010
They're not scary, nor do I hate them.
I just dislike them. They're not even remotely funny. I think they're rather stupid.
Jul 17, 2010 12:24 PM
Dec 2009
The only clown I fear is Robert Bowling.
justanotheruser1Jul 17, 2010 3:52 PM
Jul 17, 2010 1:07 PM

Aug 2009
Clowns creep me out.
Wouldn't want to stand near one at all.
Jul 17, 2010 1:36 PM

Jul 2010
Scared and I actually do hate them. :D
Jul 17, 2010 1:54 PM

Mar 2010

anyways, clowns rock :D muahahah
Jul 17, 2010 2:02 PM

Jun 2010
I'm not scared of clowns but now they always remind me of this:

Jul 18, 2010 11:23 PM

Oct 2009
If I ran into a clown in a dark alley I'd have to explain to the cops that the movie "It" and John Wayne Gacy drove me to do what I did.
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 18, 2010 11:25 PM

Nov 2007
Clowns are evil. I don't know why you would chose such a lifestyle.
sad
Jul 19, 2010 12:05 AM

Mar 2010
They totally creep me out! I keep as much distance as i can
Jul 21, 2010 12:34 AM
Nov 2009
Hehehe my best guy's scared of clowns, it's entitely adorable ^_^

Jul 21, 2010 5:48 AM

Jun 2008
Clowns fucking suck......what kind of sadistic fucker thought up the concept of clowns

Yeah, let's dress up old, fat, creepy guys in ridiculous clothes and make-up, let's make them EVEN MORE creepier....OH and by the way, these guys will entertain children???
Jul 21, 2010 9:52 AM

Jun 2010
Asako said:
I'm certainly not a fan, and have never understood the appeal. Zombieland deals with clowns as they should be handled.

I couldn't agree with you anymore :)

But right at the beginning of the movie, when the clown popped out from underneath the bathroom stall... that was scary as all get out. Made me skeptical of using public restrooms.
Badge:
Jul 21, 2010 10:53 AM

Feb 2010
But right at the beginning of the movie, when the clown popped out from underneath the bathroom stall... that was scary as all get out. Made me skeptical of using public restrooms.

XD lol
Jul 21, 2010 1:08 PM
Aug 2009
Then you shouldn't read D.Gray-Man

They used to scare the shit out of me when i was a kid, until my brother took me to one and explained to me how he was just a human being with a wired make-up on, now i'm fine with them.
Jul 21, 2010 1:20 PM

Jul 2010
I've never had a problem with clowns, but I'm terrified of kigurumis/costumed characters for some reason..
Aug 6, 2010 1:13 PM

Jun 2009
The only clown that I'm not scared is probably that Joker guy from Dark Knight.
Honestly I'm scared of clowns. Especially their creepy smile.

Aug 6, 2010 1:54 PM

Sep 2009
No. I've never been scared of clowns ever since I was little.

Dolls on the other hand...
Aug 6, 2010 1:55 PM
Jun 2010
I don't like clowns.
Aug 6, 2010 2:18 PM

Feb 2010
There was a game called Kiss Psycho Circus on the Dreamcast that had something called the arachnaclown. I was scared shitless.
Aug 10, 2010 7:47 AM
Jul 2010
I have no opinion about clows, but If some kind of fat old dude with clown suit would start to "entertain" me, well..Thats different story.
Aug 10, 2010 8:18 AM
May 2010
I used to be afraid of clowns as a child, too. There was this one, walking on those really long wooden sticks (forgot what they are called). He was walking round, on his tall sticks, greeting the kids. I was trying my best to stay alive.
Aug 10, 2010 8:31 AM

Aug 2008
Clowns are evil bitches and Jesus is wrong for allowing them on our planet....

When I was but the age of two I ninja kicked my uncle in the balls when he came to my birthday party dressed up as one of those hell spawns....

P.S. I only know this because my parents happened to video tape it :3
Aug 10, 2010 9:22 AM

Jan 2010
I hate clowns. Expect for The Joker. But I don't consider him a clown anyway.
Aug 10, 2010 10:37 AM

Jun 2010
Clowns are the opposite of what they try to be. You never know how many can be in one car. *quivers*
Aug 10, 2010 11:25 AM

Nov 2007
When I was 8, my dad took me to a circus. They irritated me a lot because they always smiled. Always. But I didn't hate them.

Shortly after that I saw "It". And everything went downhill. I blame Stephen King.
Aug 10, 2010 11:28 AM

May 2010
My family is scared of clowns, but I don't hate them (nor do I like them.)
Aug 10, 2010 11:32 AM
Aug 2010
I'm not scared of clowns but I definitely hate them, they're weird, not funny, and disgusting, enough said.
Aug 10, 2010 12:39 PM

Jan 2009
Asako said:
Zombieland deals with clowns as they should be handled.

Aug 10, 2010 7:52 PM

Aug 2010
I was scared of clowns after I saw that movie called "It"... Stupid clown just wouldn't die... That was a couple years ago.

Now they just look.. funny. lol
Thor got deleted... D:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.