Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 2, 2010 12:16 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Great episode! Where did Kida run off to?

The ending though...WTF??
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 2, 2010 7:18 AM

Dec 2007
Naruleach said:
Great episode! Where did Kida run off to?

xD I completely forgot about that. I really liked the episode it showed how some of the characters are trying to connect with one another. I had a suspicion that Mika's face was like Selty's. Looks like the next episode is going to be really good too.BTW I'm not really sure what to think of all those different kinds of sushi O.o
Mar 2, 2010 8:52 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode.
Needs more Shizzy, but then again, everything needs more Shizzy.
Also, I'd that Erika. Walker is one lucky bastard.
Mar 2, 2010 4:45 PM

Oct 2009
windy said:
OrochiPL said:
Siva said:
@DeathfireD: I would rather agreed with what you said. As you can see Izaya seems to be the one behind Dollars which is the reason why he knows pretty much what is going on in the city since he has a really large amount of connections AKA Dollars.

Exactly windy! Exactly! You can clearly see that when he deals with Yakuza in Shizuo's past episode.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 2, 2010 6:40 PM

Jun 2008
GEEZ, THIS SHOW IS SO INTENSELY AMAZING.
I had my suspicion that it was Celty's head all along, but whenever he said I still yelled. But who's head is in the capsule then? Oh and Celty was extremely cute in this episode, and Shinra's fortune cookie made me sad. :<

I WANT THEM ALL TO BE HAPPY
Mar 2, 2010 8:52 PM

Feb 2008
Amazing episode. I started to love Celty after her line in ep.2, and more episodes with her make me happy. :') But eh, the scar lines were pretty obvious, imo. But at least Celty's pretty; I hope she'll get that head back, but what about the other girl's head? o_o

Still suspicious about Kida though. I bet he turned badass mode when he left. Or something interesting/significant, I dunno... And poor Mikado, no word of thanks, and Shinra's fortune was saaaad :<
Mar 2, 2010 10:14 PM

Jan 2010
Sugababy said:

so u guys think Celty's head was cut and attached to that odd girl?
No. We don't think so. Since Selty's head was originally detached you can't cut it >_>
Mar 2, 2010 10:46 PM

Feb 2008
I'm betting that the doctor knows where her head is and isn't telling her because he thinks she'll leave him. this will of course backfire later, most likely just before he dies (though probably not at her hands)

also, it looks like her head's boyfriend was in on the decision to murder his stalker so she could have a body.
Mar 3, 2010 1:01 AM
Nov 2008
SO we finally see how celty's head looks like...very nice episode.
Mar 3, 2010 3:09 PM
May 2009
I'm just wondering...does anyone else think Durara is a mix of 3 anime: the animation style of Bakemonogatari (with the still images and weird shots for example), the storytelling style of Baccano! (with the revisiting of past events and the melange of interesting characters), and the focus on modern technology of Higashi no Eden? I thought this from the very first episode...
Mar 4, 2010 3:03 AM
Jul 2018
Next up on Jerry Springer: I fell in love with the body of an Irish Faerie but her head has been cheating on me with another man; it's Shinra!

On another note though, Walker and Erika's dance at the end was pretty cute.
Mar 4, 2010 3:25 PM

Sep 2009
Kind of seen it coming.
Mar 4, 2010 6:23 PM
Feb 2010
I was surprised at who Celty's head was. I thought it was the head inside the jar, but it turned out to be the girl with Seiji. Now I wonder who's the head inside the jar? O_o

This anime is so freaking awesome! I love it! XD
Mar 4, 2010 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
It looks like someone....

*sunglasses*

has more than just a few screws loose

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
Mar 6, 2010 9:02 AM
Jan 2010
I thought that this episode felt pretty melancholic. It wasn't as 'fun' as the previous episodes were, but of course, that didn't make it any worse. In fact, I actually really liked it. This episode just goes to show that the series isn't all random vending machine throwing, and other silly things, but that it's about connections, and the way everyone relates to each other. After all, Narita himself dubs it a 'twisted love story'.

I felt pretty sorry for Shinra all throughout this episode. It's clear that despite him being an underground doctor, he still has his morals in check, as shown when he was dealing with that guy in the treatment room. He genuinely wanted to eat the food that Celty made him, despite it probably being rather odd tasting. And then when the pair were in Simon's sushi restaurant, he probably only endured the bizarre looking/tasting food because Celty was there with him. That was so sweet of him. The fortune cookie he got broke my heart, but even more so because it's probably what Shinra believes himself, even when Celty said at the start of the episode that what she feels for him is probably love.

I'm guessing that Anri got all upset because she said something absentmindedly about her parents to Mikado. Knowing her past, it's no wonder, really. But she still could have shown Mikado a little bit of thanks. He went all the way to her apartment, in the dark, and she just shuts the door in his face?

Ah, Erika and Walker have a wonderful dynamic. I was really pleased when they found each other, and even started dancing. They really must care a lot for each other. Nice random shot of Mairu and Kururi, to. I liked how that foreigner was helping people looking for things they lost. A rather nice thing to do.

The Irish at the end was surprisingly accurate, but I lol'd at all the lush, colourful fields.
Mar 6, 2010 10:28 AM

Mar 2010
I guess if you knew more about Anri, and what she actually was (and is)...errm...involved in, let's say, it sort makes more sense.

I don't want to give spoilers, but I think it's already revealed in the light novel, though.
Mar 6, 2010 1:53 PM

Nov 2007
sillygal11 said:
I'm just wondering...does anyone else think Durara is a mix of 3 anime: the animation style of Bakemonogatari (with the still images and weird shots for example), the storytelling style of Baccano! (with the revisiting of past events and the melange of interesting characters), and the focus on modern technology of Higashi no Eden? I thought this from the very first episode...

Unlike shaft, these guys can animate:P. If you really want to say that having the same style meanng being a mix of it, the animation style is very close to Yozakura Quartet.
...focus on modern technology? Wha?

And most people put this show on their to-watch list because the description started with "from the creators of baccano". Same style, but not exactly a copy since the characters are different. Admirable, if you ask me.
Mar 6, 2010 7:05 PM

Apr 2009
Shinra + Celty FTW.
Mar 7, 2010 7:19 AM

May 2007
Okay it was obvious that that girl's head was Celty, so obvious that I thought it was the head in the jar. What is the head in the jar?

Also I feel so bad for Shinra in this episode.
My anime list
Mar 7, 2010 9:23 PM
May 2008
Not so surprising episode, but still enjoyable.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 11, 2010 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
Again the pacing of this episode was great. Really loving the soundtrack as well.
Mar 12, 2010 6:46 PM

Dec 2007
This episode had amazing, interesting moments than pervious episode. This series is getting awesome and more awesome. I expected that girl with scar is Selty’s head, and I wonder how and why they put that head to unknown body.
Mar 17, 2010 9:27 AM

Nov 2008
So the head is there, I saw the spoiler somewhere so I was not surprised but I'm still interested in what that pharmaceutical is working on.

And there is some romance on this show, interesting.
Mar 18, 2010 4:09 AM

Jun 2009
Why is he working for Y.Pharmacy too? and I think he knew about Celty's head. And the business circling there too - Shinra.

That girl w/ Seiji has been bugging me esp. the scar on her neck but after he says her name was Celty that creeps me alot. From Seiji's sis working on YP and Shinra's connection it is quite a cliffhanger
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 19, 2010 4:43 AM

Oct 2008
o__o

Whoa, so that Mika lady is wearing Celty's head?
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 19, 2010 1:46 PM
May 2009
MaiZorbescu said:
sillygal11 said:

Unlike shaft, these guys can animate:P. If you really want to say that having the same style meanng being a mix of it, the animation style is very close to Yozakura Quartet.
...focus on modern technology? Wha?

And most people put this show on their to-watch list because the description started with "from the creators of baccano". Same style, but not exactly a copy since the characters are different. Admirable, if you ask me.

Lol, maybe I should clarify the "focus on modern technology" part. I just meant that there's a focus on things like cell phones (which was prevalent in Higashi no Eden) - Celty always uses one to communicate for example, and it mentions online chatting/instant messaging which I think not a lot of anime do. I've also never watched Yozakura Quartet since it hasn't really caught my interest, so I wouldn't know about the animation being similar.

But yeah, the animation in Durarara is better than what shaft does; I just thought that it was a little similar. Like, for example, the characters might be talking but rather than focusing on their faces the camera will cut to surrounding scenery, and there is sometimes odd camera angles.
Mar 19, 2010 4:04 PM

Apr 2008
well sort of off topic, but i loved the idea with the lost things. i want to stand in the middle of the street and do that now! xD
;D
Mar 25, 2010 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
Poor Selty, her head is on some other girl. >___<

BEGINNER
Mar 28, 2010 4:46 PM
Jul 2008
I never expected her to have Selty's head.
Apr 17, 2010 7:54 AM

Dec 2009
<3 finnaly we get to see celty's head!
Apr 24, 2010 5:07 PM

Dec 2009
I decided I will try the mysterious girl thing!
Like omg wouldn't it tbe fun to walk around your town with a sign saying lost things.
Anyway so saw Celty thing coming. I knew it was her head, and the doctor so knows it.
Apr 28, 2010 9:22 AM

Jun 2009
Selty is awesome :D
May 5, 2010 12:28 PM

Feb 2010
It was so obvious that that girl has the head but i however did not get it. Was quite an "OMG"-Moment for me.
May 8, 2010 8:09 PM

Apr 2008
I thought that Selty hair would be long lols

May 9, 2010 4:53 AM

Oct 2009
orangehouse said:
I thought that Selty hair would be long lols

I never gave a though on how her head was like.

Now, at least; I can comfirm the hypothesis I got when I saw the scar on that Mika's neck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2010 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
was that firework guy's girlfriend Selty's body?

And wow
Jun 20, 2010 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
More questions than answers. Very interesting ep.

Jul 23, 2010 8:13 PM

Nov 2009
wow. so Harima's body has Selty's head?
--this was a pretty painful ep to watch (great, nonetheless)

--ah, i always feel really bad for Shinra as he tries, tries, and fails :<
Aug 3, 2010 11:58 PM

Mar 2010
HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAP Mika has Celty's head!! That's why no one recognizes her (and obviously the whole scar thing) I wonder where Mika's head is then...
Animestuffs-1.png
Aug 19, 2010 11:22 PM

Aug 2008
So that's how Celty looks like? It certainly didn't meet my expectations.
Aug 30, 2010 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
Mmm my favourite episode so far, I think.

I expected Celty to have long hair, because, I dunno, women rarely had short hair in the past. But of course, she could have cut it. Anyway, her head came as a surprise because Celty seems older than Harima and I figured her head would look older in age.
Sep 27, 2010 5:43 PM

Dec 2007
....Shinra's fortune made me cry.
Ich verstehe nicht
Oct 17, 2010 4:24 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, fantastic episode. As usual, the writing is beyond fantastic and the characters are exceptional. I've always wondered what was up with the girl with Seiji and right after I thought that, it was confirmed that she has Celty's head. That's going to be an interesting turn of events.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 3, 2010 3:09 AM
Jun 2008
I like the continual theme of things that had been lost. It tied everything together nicely.
Nov 10, 2010 12:52 PM

Jan 2008
very interesting episode :p
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Dec 1, 2010 10:51 PM

Aug 2010
Stringed said:
....Shinra's fortune made me cry.

seconded. he's really sweet, how many guys really put up with bad cooking and are so genuinely happy at the same time too?
Dec 18, 2010 1:55 AM

Sep 2010
Alright, this is what I've speculated so far:
Celty is missing her head, which is the one on the girl's body that's with Seiji.
That said girl's body is the body of the Anri's missing friend, and the head that in the container is the missing friend's head.
But how Seiji knows Celty is what i want to know.
Dec 25, 2010 1:55 PM

Jun 2009
So we finally got confirmation in the most obvious fact –in my opinion–; the scar girl has Celty’s head attached to her body, and her head (Harima Mika’s, supposedly) is on that container at Yagiri Pharmaceuticals.

Shinra and Celty are so cute~ “Unrequited love” oh, poor guy. He really loves Celty, even if he doesn’t want her to find her head.

Anri, why so bitchy? She must have her reasons but I can’t help feeling bad for Mikado.

I loved the american girl with the “Lost things” pad. It was a nice detail.

Erika and Walker alla Isaac and Miria ♥

Namie sounds like an incest supporter at the preview…
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 28, 2010 12:47 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, Shinra really knows Celty well... :) But I wonder if he's going to be okay. Looks like he's in a dangerous situation, with his job the way it is and all...

Celty's head is reveeeealed~ I wonder how you can just stick it on another body and have it work. And whose headless body was it stuck onto?

And... I wonder who's behind the 'bad things' happening to Anri? And who Kida went after? And Mikado's so nice, searching right to the end for Anri's shoes... :\
Jan 26, 2011 10:19 PM

Mar 2010
Now we're really getting into the just of it. We've unraveled (or hinted) who Celty really is! I really feel like this entire series is like a chopped up movie style type of anime. Oh well, it's still amazing! Looking forward to the next!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

300 by GARDENIAISONLINE »»
May 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
May 4, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - Apr 28

4 by Haemogoblin »»
May 3, 11:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.