Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 29, 12:17 PM
Aug 2024
It’s a real shame that the production / distribution teams felt bullied by ignorant tourists into changing the title and the way the show is marked to western/English-speaking audiences. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the pearl-clutching comments about it being a weird/cringe/p3d0/etc show were just pure ignorant assumptions, which spread like cancer to other ignorant tourists. Letting these turds have their way is how the entire anime industry gets destroyed. These so-called people destroy everything they are allowed to touch. The Anime industry needs sturdy testicles and strong gatekeeping if it is to survive the assault of these knuckle-dragging puritanical freaks.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
ShirikonDaichi said:
It’s a real shame that the production / distribution teams felt bullied by ignorant tourists into changing the title and the way the show is marked to western/English-speaking audiences. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the pearl-clutching comments about it being a weird/cringe/p3d0/etc show were just pure ignorant assumptions, which spread like cancer to other ignorant tourists. Letting these turds have their way is how the entire anime industry gets destroyed. These so-called people destroy everything they are allowed to touch. The Anime industry needs sturdy testicles and strong gatekeeping if it is to survive the assault of these knuckle-dragging puritanical freaks.

reminded me of.......
Sep 29, 4:00 PM

Sep 2018
If the cunny stonks are down I will definitely skip. A loli anime should never fear its own concept. It would be like if Illiya Prysma cut the ecchi.
If a studio bows the knee once, they will certainly do it again no matter how much integrity they lose.
Sep 29, 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
All you can do is not to give them attention they desperately crave.

Sep 29, 5:16 PM
Jul 2024
Tourists and normies are a cancer
Sep 29, 5:17 PM

Apr 2021
Okay, grandpa, let's get you to bed.
Sep 29, 5:25 PM
Jul 2024
Oongbuh said:
Okay, grandpa, let's get you to bed.

It’s a valid issue
Sep 29, 8:16 PM
Aug 2022
indeed most tourists just got angry just because of the name not the true storylines.
Sep 29, 9:07 PM
May 2022
Honestly I think it’s a good thing the name was changed, the old name was hella weird
Sep 30, 3:14 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to Piromysl
@Piromysl we can also viciously gatekeep — something we should have been doing so all along.
Sep 30, 3:17 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to flyingcassowary
Honestly I think it’s a good thing the name was changed, the old name was hella weird
@flyingcassowary only to people who don’t understand the typically literal nature of Japanese titles, and who live in a permanent state of moralistic pearl clutching
Sep 30, 6:01 AM

Aug 2020
Gatekeeping isn't the solution here. People will be willing to listen to you if you calmly explain things to them, but you've got to understand their viewpoint aswell.

The title absolutely made it sound like the type of show they are, and it's understandably as to why people wouldn't be a fan of that, I hope I don't have to explain why pedophiles are bad.

If you lash out at people, and try gatekeeping, they won't bother to listen to you, and will remain set in their beliefs, and as you said, further spread a misunderstanding.

As long as the other side is willing to listen, education and inclusion will always work better, and while I'm sure you'll still get some people who refuse to listen to you, this is not the case for the vast majority.
Call me Ren
Sep 30, 6:30 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to Render_1
Gatekeeping isn't the solution here. People will be willing to listen to you if you calmly explain things to them, but you've got to understand their viewpoint aswell.

The title absolutely made it sound like the type of show they are, and it's understandably as to why people wouldn't be a fan of that, I hope I don't have to explain why pedophiles are bad.

If you lash out at people, and try gatekeeping, they won't bother to listen to you, and will remain set in their beliefs, and as you said, further spread a misunderstanding.

As long as the other side is willing to listen, education and inclusion will always work better, and while I'm sure you'll still get some people who refuse to listen to you, this is not the case for the vast majority.
@Render_1 100% FALSE. I “calmly explained” it to hundreds of tourists in many different contexts, and they all just doubled and tripled down, spread their delusions / lies farther, and called in their posse to help magnify it. Making them unwelcome is the only option other than losing and letting them destroy anime. And let’s not pretend that the name is the problem, because they would have done the same thing even if they found it under the Japanese name or a vanilla English name. These psychos love to get worked up and loud over anything that doesn’t meet their imagination driven moral approval
Sep 30, 5:36 PM

Jan 2023
gatekeeping is 200% the solution. Not gatekeeping video games lead to a drastic change in quality and originality, not gatekeeping anime is leading to the same thing as it becomes more mainstream. Stop letting people who don't like you change you hobbies to suit them
死人に口なし
Oct 1, 10:54 PM

Jul 2015
Render_1 said:

One glimpse at Twitter feed at the announcement will prove just how wrong you are. It is either because they are so prejudiced and xenophobic against Japan or their ego just can't admit that they've preemptively judged whole show based on the title alone, but almost all of them doubled down and even tried cherrypicking and taking out of context some manga panels, that honesty made them look like projecting degenerates.

Oct 2, 11:40 AM

Jan 2017
I don't give a poop about the marketing or minor (pun intended) title change, as long as the adaptation stays true to the manga.
Oct 6, 3:53 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to rohan121
If the cunny stonks are down I will definitely skip. A loli anime should never fear its own concept. It would be like if Illiya Prysma cut the ecchi.
If a studio bows the knee once, they will certainly do it again no matter how much integrity they lose.
@rohan121 or imagine kodomo no jikan :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 9:36 AM
May 2011
This topic is stupid
Oct 6, 9:43 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to Fail_Man_X
This topic is stupid
@Fail_Man_X Considering the amount of attention the show got a couple months back, this topic is still very much a talking point. People just look at this show, see the title, shit on it and leave a stain on it's reputation without a second thought
Oct 6, 10:30 AM
May 2011
Reply to lobotomylover
@Fail_Man_X Considering the amount of attention the show got a couple months back, this topic is still very much a talking point. People just look at this show, see the title, shit on it and leave a stain on it's reputation without a second thought
@lobotomylover My response to that is "who gives a fuck?" but that's not even what this topic is about. It's some guy mad because Crunchyroll is using an abbreviated form of the Japanese name, which is fucking dumb
Oct 6, 10:40 AM

Apr 2012
OP doesn't know what "tourist" means.

Nobody is a tourist for criticizing the extremely questionable optics of this anime. Doesn't matter how "wholesome" you claim the story is.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Oct 6, 11:12 AM

Apr 2018
MyllerPhiem said:

Nobody is a tourist for criticizing the extremely questionable optics of this anime. Doesn't matter how "wholesome" you claim the story is.

Well, having certain expectations about something you haven't seen but you check its synopsis and get a first impression is totally normal.

The problem is, for a long time now, the tendency is that these types of people will not want to leave their bubble because they cannot accept different ways of exploring a concept other than the "correct" one. And yes, it's weird, it's questionable, but it can be potentially different and interesting because, hey, you can't always judge a book by its cover.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Oct 6, 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Rachiba
MyllerPhiem said:

Well, having certain expectations about something you haven't seen but you check its synopsis and get a first impression is totally normal.

The problem is, for a long time now, the tendency is that these types of people will not want to leave their bubble because they cannot accept different ways of exploring a concept other than the "correct" one. And yes, it's weird, it's questionable, but it can be potentially different and interesting because, hey, you can't always judge a book by its cover.
@Rachiba I fully agree. However, in this case, I think OP is part of a "reverse-bubble" where he fails to say just how bad this anime looks on the outside to non-weebs. And at least the first episode did little to alleviate any worries.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Oct 6, 11:25 AM
Jun 2013
this is what i mean about how Japan can make crazy and outrageous types of anime like this because their culture knows its just a cartoon and nothing else. but Americans will cry over anything and everything even if its not real. there would be so many anime that if it were made in America, would not be released or even given the thought of, for example Kiss x Sis lol
Oct 6, 11:42 AM
Jun 2013
Holy f*ck, I don't even know what's the show about but that opener was scary lol
Oct 6, 12:27 PM

Feb 2011
I agree with the OP. At this rate, we're going to have DEI in anime, and all of our lolis will be gone.

an unforgivable future

Oct 6, 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to MyllerPhiem

@MyllerPhiem
That’s exactly what’s tourists are doing. Grow up, until then stop posting. You sound like a grade schooler. There’s no such thing as like questionable fiction and art. If you think there are, you don’t deserve to consume the art. Just stick with your country ‘safe’ TV.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 6, 1:53 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to ShirikonDaichi
@Render_1 100% FALSE. I “calmly explained” it to hundreds of tourists in many different contexts, and they all just doubled and tripled down, spread their delusions / lies farther, and called in their posse to help magnify it. Making them unwelcome is the only option other than losing and letting them destroy anime. And let’s not pretend that the name is the problem, because they would have done the same thing even if they found it under the Japanese name or a vanilla English name. These psychos love to get worked up and loud over anything that doesn’t meet their imagination driven moral approval
@ShirikonDaichi Based on how you're speaking in this thread, I highly doubt you tried doing anything calmly if you're this worked up about something so trivial.

Also, is the title the only issue you have? Has the content been changed? If not, who really gives a fuck?
LemuriansOct 6, 2:46 PM
Oct 6, 5:55 PM

Mar 2020
Reply to Scootboi
I agree with the OP. At this rate, we're going to have DEI in anime, and all of our lolis will be gone.

an unforgivable future
@Scootboi Let's fucking go, that sounds based!
“A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart.”

I like 95% of the anime I watch. Fashies and the like can go fuck themselves.
Oct 6, 7:15 PM

Apr 2022
it's not their fault, the marketing for this anime has been shit and made it sound like nothing more than lolicon bait.
Oct 6, 7:44 PM

Jul 2011
The tourist freaks can say all they want, this anime in it's first two episode has been a 10/10 but in MAL it's a 7.25? Yikes, you can count on westerners on having bad taste and projecting their insecurities on the internet.
Oct 6, 7:57 PM
Aug 2024
Reply to MyllerPhiem

@MyllerPhiem OP knows quite well. The disconnect is that OP has a higher IQ than Y.O.U. and sees who these complainers really are, based on the other things they complain and cry about… all things loli, all things fan servicey or ecchi, all things that appeal to hetero tastes.

They ARE all “covid era tourists”, not long time followers of anime. They know nothing about anime history, and nothing of Japanese cultural norms. They frame everything against their own questionable mores. Aka Tourists.
ShirikonDaichiOct 6, 8:15 PM
Oct 6, 7:59 PM
Aug 2024
Reply to CrasianLe
this is what i mean about how Japan can make crazy and outrageous types of anime like this because their culture knows its just a cartoon and nothing else. but Americans will cry over anything and everything even if its not real. there would be so many anime that if it were made in America, would not be released or even given the thought of, for example Kiss x Sis lol
@CrasianLe speaking as an American who has enjoyed anime since the 70s I find NOTHING WHATSOEVER “crazy or outrageous“ about this anime.

Don’t conflate “American woke leftist anime tourists“ with “Americans in general“. Big difference. A lot of people in America still have their heads on straight, and can discern the difference between fiction and reality.

You can identify the sane ones easily, because they are the ones who don’t complain about everything, demand special pronouns, sexualize every anime title and plot, and live in a constant state of fake moral outrage
ShirikonDaichiOct 6, 8:22 PM
Oct 6, 8:10 PM
Aug 2024
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@Rachiba I fully agree. However, in this case, I think OP is part of a "reverse-bubble" where he fails to say just how bad this anime looks on the outside to non-weebs. And at least the first episode did little to alleviate any worries.
@MyllerPhiem you are wrong. It’s not that “it doesn’t look bad to weebs“ because there is absolutely nothing in the previews, trailers, or text descriptions that imply any inappropriate sexual relationship whatsoever between the main characters.

So the REAL problem is twisted, effed up freaks who automatically sexualize everything they see, and jump to horrifically “bad optics“ ASSumptions.

People with NORMAL brains wouldn’t see the title or trailer as sexual. People with normal brains would wonder what the title meant, and then look into it by watching the trailer… At which point they would actually learn it’s wholesome. Unlike the freaks who only see deviant sex everywhere
Oct 6, 8:13 PM
Aug 2024
Reply to Lemurians
@ShirikonDaichi Based on how you're speaking in this thread, I highly doubt you tried doing anything calmly if you're this worked up about something so trivial.

Also, is the title the only issue you have? Has the content been changed? If not, who really gives a fuck?
@Lemurians let me correct that for you… What you really meant to say was “based on nothing“… except of course your own worthless opinion. You don’t know f’all about me, so bugger off. I was calm and reasonable the first thousand times, and not a single person said “oops my mistake”. So now I’m just pissed off at asshole tourists and their defenders
ShirikonDaichiOct 6, 8:24 PM
Oct 6, 8:20 PM
Original Denjin

Nov 2008
Reply to Piromysl
@Piromysl unfortunately, it’s not whether we give them attention that matters, in terms of what sorts of anime does and doesn’t get produced, and especially whether or not certain scenes get censored. That’s the reason why this whole thread was created in the first place. So that way, the industry itself doesn’t buck the knee, therefore ensuring that we can “not give them attention“ without having to worry about the anime that we like gets changed, especially radically, because of it. Because when they do that, it doesn’t matter whether or not we give them attention, the effects of what they do spill over into our lives.

So here’s to the anime industry, that’s getting more and more balzy when standing up to people like this. At least, in terms of some anime that’s been produced recently. And I obviously don’t just mean this one.
Cosplay_JoeOct 6, 8:25 PM
Oct 6, 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to ryzxgum
it's not their fault, the marketing for this anime has been shit and made it sound like nothing more than lolicon bait.
@ryzxgum Yeah, it's 100% inconclusive what his relationship will be with said elementary schooler/wife from the trailer. lmao
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 6, 8:51 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
@ryzxgum Yeah, it's 100% inconclusive what his relationship will be with said elementary schooler/wife from the trailer. lmao
@LostSpectre keep it in your pants. there's clearly more going on than just that.
Oct 6, 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to ryzxgum
@LostSpectre keep it in your pants. there's clearly more going on than just that.
@ryzxgum What is that braindead reply supposed to mean? Do you lack the intelligence to comprehend I agreed with your sentiment?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 6, 8:57 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
@ryzxgum What is that braindead reply supposed to mean? Do you lack the intelligence to comprehend I agreed with your sentiment?
@LostSpectre you agree with a sarcastic undertone? what in the tsundere fuck? that's on you but ok then.
Oct 6, 8:59 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to ryzxgum
@LostSpectre you agree with a sarcastic undertone? what in the tsundere fuck? that's on you but ok then.
@ryzxgum So, you also don't know what sarcasm means, apparently. Good talk, buddy.
Jun 2024
Reply to Piromysl
Render_1 said:

One glimpse at Twitter feed at the announcement will prove just how wrong you are. It is either because they are so prejudiced and xenophobic against Japan or their ego just can't admit that they've preemptively judged whole show based on the title alone, but almost all of them doubled down and even tried cherrypicking and taking out of context some manga panels, that honesty made them look like projecting degenerates.
@Piromysl nah u can’t pull the out of context card here defending this shi is weird
Jun 2024
Reply to Piromysl
Render_1 said:

@Piromysl nah u can’t pull the out of context card here defending this shi is weird
Oct 6, 9:03 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
@ryzxgum So, you also don't know what sarcasm means, apparently. Good talk, buddy.
@LostSpectre you just lack texting literacy, simple as that.
Oct 6, 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to ryzxgum
@LostSpectre you just lack texting literacy, simple as that.
@ryzxgum How ironic that you try and shift your failures on to me. You can go away now.
Oct 6, 9:06 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
@ryzxgum How ironic that you try and shift your failures on to me. You can go away now.
@LostSpectre keep deflecting. troglodyte behavior is strong with this one, return to your cave.
Oct 6, 11:11 PM

Jul 2015
MyllerPhiem said:

Weren't you that guy who complained that goblin protagonist is not raping women?

EDIT: Holy shit! It's true! XD https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2154758
PiromyslOct 6, 11:23 PM

Yesterday, 12:06 AM
Feb 2019
I did not expect this series to have any controversy, like why? Its a wholesome story, gotta say anime is about the last piece of media that still has good original content and now western media wants to get its grubby hand on it and ruin it, as an American this is sad, leave anime to the japanese its their culture and they cand whatever they want, while i dont think its a 10 out of 10 it definitely should be higher.
Yesterday, 3:10 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to ShirikonDaichi
@MyllerPhiem you are wrong. It’s not that “it doesn’t look bad to weebs“ because there is absolutely nothing in the previews, trailers, or text descriptions that imply any inappropriate sexual relationship whatsoever between the main characters.

So the REAL problem is twisted, effed up freaks who automatically sexualize everything they see, and jump to horrifically “bad optics“ ASSumptions.

People with NORMAL brains wouldn’t see the title or trailer as sexual. People with normal brains would wonder what the title meant, and then look into it by watching the trailer… At which point they would actually learn it’s wholesome. Unlike the freaks who only see deviant sex everywhere
@ShirikonDaichi

Pls walk up to stranger elementary graders and interact with them in public. See how that goes.

PS: DON'T DO THAT ffs.
Yesterday, 3:36 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@ShirikonDaichi

Pls walk up to stranger elementary graders and interact with them in public. See how that goes.

PS: DON'T DO THAT ffs.
@MyllerPhiem

Why are you comparing this to a real life situation? The plot is so surrealistic, it doesn't even make sense to do that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 6

61 by JustMonaka »»
3 minutes ago

» Different anime title

ItsAmsyar - Oct 6

15 by INTJ_Ren »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 6

42 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
11 hours ago

» We're all going to prison (episode 1 spoilers)

MyllerPhiem - Oct 6

31 by Phloup »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

» y'all gotta drop this b4 watching it fr

fwllxn - Yesterday

25 by Phloup »»
Yesterday, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.