Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 6, 7:22 AM
Oct 2023
DragyG said:
polnalyubvi said:

buddy, I'm 21 I'm getting married to my boyfriend in december and I love watching school anime sets ! πŸ₯°

my attitude hasn't gotten any worse, I just started to understand things better. this is also nostalgia for the past, when I was a teenager at school and when I was a teenager watching anime about school at home.😌

but this is my personal perception, others may have a different one.

Hooo congrats in advance

oh...thank you so much ! β˜ΊπŸ’—
Sep 6, 7:29 AM
Oct 2020
I'm 37 and only started regularly watching anime a few years ago.

Your interests will change over time. Maybe you'll tire of anime, maybe you won't, but your age isn't likely to be a relevant factor unless you force it to be
Sep 6, 8:10 AM
Jun 2024
I've seen a viral shorts of a teen asking why someone that's 40 years old still plays video games. They responded with," Would you stop doing what you love just because you're old?"

Maybe your preferences will change with time, yet that certainly doesn't mean you won't find enjoyment in anime that appeals to the younger audience than you.

An example on top of my head would be A Silent Voice (The shape of Voice). It is a movie set in school, but the story that it tells has moved the hearts of people across all ages. Same goes with Your lie in April. Whatever your preferences may be, Im sure there'd be shows that you'd still find enjoyable even when you're older.

If you have a hobby that you enjoy, I don't think age is something that stops you from enjoying it.
Sep 6, 8:21 AM
Mar 2022
ElmoBoredAsf said:
**this is off-topic from the anime**
I’m currently 15, and im curious that do people still consistently watch anime when they get older ? Like I properly got into anime at 13 but im wondering when im older will i still actually enjoy it as much im rn. The other thing im really curious about is romance anime and especially the school based or younger character based genres, I may be similar to the characters ages rn but supposedly when u turn 19 or 20 do watching these genres become weird for people.
(Not wanting to hate or anything, just genuinely wanting to know)

It depends on you. I started watching anime some years ago and didn't even know what anime was. Then after I found out there were different genres of shows to watch with different kind of story and plots, I got hooked. From that point I started watching shows that were already completed till the point that there are only some more good ones to binge now. I've grown busy over the years from then, but I still pick shows to watch in a season and watch them on a weekly basis.

And occasionally I still watch completed shows. Anime has become a part of my life at this point and I can't imagine not even watching atleast one show in a season or not watch anything at all.
Sep 6, 8:41 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to DragyG
Pinkie_Pie_ said:
Im 18 and already started to get bored

You will probably never feel the same excitement like the first time you started watching anime. The days when you watch 30 episodes in a day will end. Half of the things you watch will feel like the same.

That's why I recommend you to research the things you are going to watch before watching them, definitely do not start a series based on just a 15-second fan service scene you saw somewhere, even if you start, do not hesitate to drop the anime halfway.

I used to feel like I had to finish every anime I started and I realized very late that this was a huge mistake, it has greatly damaged my viewing pleasure.

Even if your friends recommend it, look at the criticis, look at people's comments, the less you watch, the more you enjoy it because the less clichés, the less stereotypes you will be aware of.

Maybe you will be a less "wise" viewer when you do this, but enjoying what you watchin is much more important than that.

Wtf ? 30 episodes in row ? You used to watch animes for 15 hours straight?
@DragyG That's weak. I once watched ~81 episodes in a day of Black Clover (It was 6th and 7th of May, 2022. Stayed up the whole night, too). It was far too good. Ended up becoming one of my favorites.

@habib_kun How about you two?
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Sep 6, 8:41 AM
Feb 2022
no i been watching anime since fucking dragon ball z Aired so no i dont plan to stop any time soon and i hope i live long to show anime to my kids
Sep 6, 8:46 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to polnalyubvi
ElmoBoredAsf said:
I’m currently 15, and im curious that do people still consistently watch anime when they get older ? Like I properly got into anime at 13 but im wondering when im older will i still actually enjoy it as much im rn. The other thing im really curious about is romance anime and especially the school based or younger character based genres, I may be similar to the characters ages rn but supposedly when u turn 19 or 20 do watching these genres become weird for people.

buddy, I'm 21 I'm getting married to my boyfriend in december and I love watching school anime sets ! πŸ₯°

my attitude hasn't gotten any worse, I just started to understand things better. this is also nostalgia for the past, when I was a teenager at school and when I was a teenager watching anime about school at home.😌

but this is my personal perception, others may have a different one.
polnalyubvi said:
I'm 21 I'm getting married to my boyfriend in december

Congratulations in advance. My best regards and wishes to you and all of your loved ones. May you find happiness in life.
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Sep 6, 8:52 AM
Jan 2024
aurora_yuuki said:
@DragyG That's weak. I once watched ~81 episodes in a day of Black Clover (It was 6th and 7th of May, 2022. Stayed up the whole night, too). It was far too good. Ended up becoming one of my favorites.

that's insane dude. I probably never watched more than 25 episodes a day.
Sep 6, 8:55 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to habib_kun
aurora_yuuki said:

that's insane dude. I probably never watched more than 25 episodes a day.
@habib_kun That's what happens when you truly love a show.

I doubt I watched more than 12 episodes even once after 2022. Things were just never the same. I haven't even finished 100 anime(s) since. Most of those you see on my list, I finished them a long time ago.

I would've binged read Roshidere in no time if things were like back then.
aurora_yuukiSep 6, 8:58 AM
Sep 6, 9:04 AM
Oct 2023
aurora_yuuki said:
polnalyubvi said:
I'm 21 I'm getting married to my boyfriend in december

Congratulations in advance. My best regards and wishes to you and all of your loved ones. May you find happiness in life.

oh... thanks! πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

it's really cute, true! πŸ’—
Sep 6, 9:07 AM
Dec 2018
aurora_yuuki said:

Ugh

I showed Eiyuu Ou (https://myanimelist.net/anime/50481/Eiyuuou_Bu_wo_Kiwameru_Tame_Tenseisu__Soshite_Sekai_Saikyou_no_Minarai_Kishi%E2%99%80) and made in abyss to my mom months ago I watched both of them with her and she binged both. I had heavy headache and I was deeply tired when it ended.

I really can't understand how people can casually binge watch / binge read
Sep 6, 9:24 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to DragyG
aurora_yuuki said:

Ugh

I showed Eiyuu Ou (https://myanimelist.net/anime/50481/Eiyuuou_Bu_wo_Kiwameru_Tame_Tenseisu__Soshite_Sekai_Saikyou_no_Minarai_Kishi%E2%99%80) and made in abyss to my mom months ago I watched both of them with her and she binged both. I had heavy headache and I was deeply tired when it ended.

I really can't understand how people can casually binge watch / binge read
@DragyG It's alright - I had still gotten the gist of the show and enjoyed all the fight scenes.

The one and only show that I truly regretted binge watching is Monster. Which I watched shortly after finishing Black Clover πŸ€. Finished 74 episodes in a day. I still regret it to this day. That was an anime that should have never been binge watched.

I plan on rewatching it someday.
Sep 6, 9:32 AM
Feb 2023
DragyG said:
Pinkie_Pie_ said:
Im 18 and already started to get bored

You will probably never feel the same excitement like the first time you started watching anime. The days when you watch 30 episodes in a day will end. Half of the things you watch will feel like the same.

That's why I recommend you to research the things you are going to watch before watching them, definitely do not start a series based on just a 15-second fan service scene you saw somewhere, even if you start, do not hesitate to drop the anime halfway.

I used to feel like I had to finish every anime I started and I realized very late that this was a huge mistake, it has greatly damaged my viewing pleasure.

Even if your friends recommend it, look at the criticis, look at people's comments, the less you watch, the more you enjoy it because the less clichés, the less stereotypes you will be aware of.

Maybe you will be a less "wise" viewer when you do this, but enjoying what you watchin is much more important than that.

Wtf ? 30 episodes in row ? You used to watch animes for 15 hours straight?

10 hours* I said a random number to give an exaggerated example, but I finished Attack on Titan in 3 days, so... it's not that hard.
Sep 6, 10:23 AM
Jul 2022
Im turning 30 next month and started watching anime when i was 27 so i cant really tell how tastes change when you grow up, it just depends on the person i guess
i actually started out with those kinda school-romcoms cause theyre pretty accessable anime (and probably to compensate for the fact that i never had a teenage school life lol) and i still have fun with a select few nowadays, so you definetely can still enjoy those kinda shows even as an adult (which goes for pretty much every genre btw)
Sep 6, 10:34 AM
Aug 2024
ElmoBoredAsf said:

I'm not gonna mention my age but I graduated high school during COVID. I basically lost that experience. So I don't really find watching high school shows very weird, honestly it just makes me happy cause it's the "dream" or idealized version that everyone would like. Personally though I don't really like fan service unless the show establishes fan service as part of the show pretty early on. Like in Makeine I think episode 2? That whole scene with Lemon in the storeroom just felt gross honestly, but the rest of the show is really, really good. There's really so no fan service besides that and the odd shikiya moment in the show. That's why I felt lemon's scene felt off. Roshidere barely has any fan service now that I think about it.
Sep 6, 11:33 AM
Dec 2022
Well, I get. I'm currently 19 and I started watching anime when I was 6. It definitely won't change the older I get, that I am sure of.
Sep 6, 2:57 PM
Apr 2019
As the saying goes "Age is just a number". I still feel like the same person I was when I was younger, sure some things have changed but really I’m just the same person with life experience.

I started watching anime when I was like 8 not even knowing it was anime because it was so new to the west, I’m now in my mid 30s and I’d say I probably watch more than I ever have because it’s so accessible.

As things like "isn’t it weird to watch romance with teenagers". Because it’s fiction I can view it how I want, I rarely see them as teenagers even if they are in high school because let’s be honest, teenagers don’t act like anime characters.

Also when I was younger I just watched action/adventure/fantasy anime, now I watch most genres but still favor action/adventure/fantasy
Sep 6, 3:56 PM
Feb 2021
I started watching anime at 13 almost 14 and as of now im 18 years old. And i still do watch. There will be times when you don’t have time or just don’t want to but that usually lasts for a few months and then you get back to it. At least thats what happened to me. I was very young when i first watched anime (5-6) but i didnt know that it is an anime back then obv. i watched naruto on tv and after 12 years or so i started watching it again. And i already finished the anime basically rn lol. So yeah i love anime and i never really stopped watching bc there is always something new :) When i was 13 my online friend told me to watch this my hero academia anime and i did. And i loved it. Thats when i started watching anime consistently. :)
Sep 6, 5:33 PM
Feb 2022
started at 14yo, am 21 rn.

I tend to pick 2-5 seasonal anime to keep up with now. I've never liked most fanservice.

using this anime as example, I never would've and don't like the scenes such as hypnotism (ep9).

I love Alya, Kuze teasing each other type service, I like Yuki being a dork fan service
Sep 6, 6:09 PM
Jan 2021
Otakupervert890 said:
I am 34 started seriously at 24 and I see no sign of stopping anytime soon so for me your point reek more of prejudice rather than a actual question.

wait wait yo chill look I hate tourist too but I think he's being genuine here
Sep 6, 6:15 PM
Apr 2022
ElmoBoredAsf said:

I started watching anime when I was 14 and I still watch them. I'm 20 by the way.

And no romance anime don't feel very weird probably because of the character design.
They make high school student look like a
Collage student which helps you relate even when you're older.
Sep 6, 6:33 PM
Dec 2022
aurora_yuuki. feels like the admin of this πŸ˜•
Sep 6, 7:55 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to Standos28
aurora_yuuki. feels like the admin of this πŸ˜•
@Standos28 What about me?
Sep 6, 7:57 PM

Sep 2018
I am 27 and still enjoying anime. One does not fall out of their passion for getting older.
Sep 6, 8:00 PM

Mar 2008
I watch more anime now than I ever did in past. The people claiming it is weird are the weird ones, it's an American only view and I wouldnt even say it is the most common among people who actually like any anime
Sep 6, 8:08 PM

Jan 2023
I'm 24 and what I think is that people now doesn't understard how can I still watch anime but they respect it a litle hahaha the problem is that people that doesn't watch it don't know what anime is and they judge you. If you don't mind this things, then you'll keep going like me hahaha
Sep 6, 8:45 PM

Jul 2017
it is kinda weird but still fun,
in the end, its just fiction
Sep 6, 9:25 PM
Jun 2021
ElmoBoredAsf said:

I started when I was 16 years old way back in 2019 and even after 5 years my passion for watching anime neither died nor my interest is going to drop any sooner. Even after having a hectic schedule I never miss the chance to catch up to seasonal animes.

So yeah don't worry about it, if you really enjoy this piece of media then it won't be any bother for you. Yeah, it might feel a little odd or out of place to watch romance anime of 16 yo but in my case I am really into romance genre thus I really don't consider it while watching if the show is good
Sep 6, 9:50 PM
May 2020
I am 70 yrs old and still watch anime.

The first show was Gigantor (dub) on US syndication in 1966.

Prefer series that deal with the human condition more than anything else from drama to comedy.
I root mostly for original series but there is usually some flaw. However I have grown tired of the Isekai form.

My average watch per season is 20 shows and I have a backlog of over 500 shows,

I still am moved by at least 5 shows per season

I hope that I can watch until I drop dead

Because Anime can change the world!
Sep 6, 10:16 PM

Oct 2015
As someone else mentioned, taste differs.

As you mentioned, taste changes when someone ages. I like battle-shounen when I was younger but fell asleep watching them now (I kept falling asleep watching JJK despite the hype).

For romance titles, I rarely watch romance anime, nowadays, most of the romance title I consume are either WN, LN or VN.

For Roshidere, I am too old to enjoy their gags. I don’t really enjoy gags in romance titles nowadays. I dropped Shimizu-san in Volume 2 for this reason. I mainly enjoy the family drama in Roshidere. The family drama in Roshidere is inferior to other family drama heavy romance titles such as Otonari Asobi but still interesting.
Roshidere is a bit of everything, pretty balanced romance title overall, kinda like British Stepsister, I think that Roshidere targets a wider demographics instead of a specific one.

EDIT: Thread has been moved to a different board.
I’m 27. As mentioned above, I grew up watching shounen manga adaptations at a young age, with Slam Dunk, One Piece, Detective Conan and Inuyasha being my first few anime I watched.

As I grow to my teen years, I mainly focused on battle-shounen and sports. However, my taste in anime changed when I was 16 thanks to Gundam. Gundam 00 makes me noticed that I misunderstood Gundam message as an anime, which makes me go to watch the original timeline of Gundam, Universal Century. After a few months of marathoning UC Gundam, my taste drastically changed to a philosophical taste. When I watched big battle-shounen at that time, MHA, I got really bored. I was unable to enjoy any anime until I found Macross. I am still trying out other genres as of right now.
NewestPersonHereSep 7, 8:34 AM
Sep 6, 10:27 PM
Jul 2019
ElmoBoredAsf said:

I've been watching anime since I was around 6. 23 now. I still watch anime. when I was younger I did ask myself "Will I still watch anime when I'm older?" Answer: YES
ManphikaTheGreatSep 6, 10:32 PM
Sep 6, 11:06 PM
Jun 2023
I'm in my 30s and first started watching anime in the 90s when I was a kid before I even knew what anime was. I just knew it was a different style of animation compared to American cartoons and thought it was really cool.

As you noted, people's tastes change as they age. At your current age these school based anime are probably the most relatable to you that they will ever be (although cultural differences between Japanese schools and your own may limit exactly how relatable it is). They don't stop being relatable as an adult, but as you mature you will generally find a lot of the cliches, tropes, humor, etc. that you enjoyed when you were younger less enjoyable because the maturity level expected from the audience has changed compared to when you were the target demographic.

Personally, I haven't stopped consuming shounen (romance) anime despite my age, but I'm definitely a lot more picky about what I invest my time in since I have so many more responsibilities for my time as a father, husband, provider, etc. I will still try new shounen anime but if I'm not enjoying it enough I will either drop it right away or discontinue following the series after finishing the first season. I tend to enjoy seinen series now more compared to shounen, but there's still plenty of variance within each demographic that neither one is inherently better than the other imo. The biggest change for me is definitely how I perceive the humor, cliches/tropes, and fan service now compared to when I was younger. There's obviously a major difference seeing the sexualization of minors when you yourself are a minor compared to when you are an adult, especially an adult with your own children!

Just enjoy anime for whatever it is worth to you. Doesn't matter if you drop it altogether tomorrow or watch it religiously until you're old enough to have great grand children. Enjoy what you enjoy and if that changes so be it.
Sep 6, 11:14 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to alpo42ab

Prefer series that deal with the human condition more than anything else from drama to comedy.
I root mostly for original series but there is usually some flaw. However I have grown tired of the Isekai form.

@alpo42ab Damn, you turned 70 yesterday. HBD, old man. Still going strong, are we?
Sep 6, 11:55 PM

Aug 2017
I'm almost 10 years older than you and I watch more Anime as an adult than my teenager years since I had to deal with typical issues from that age and school didn't leave me with much time to watch Anime besides I played League so I was more a gamer than a Weeb.

-School wasn't even one my favourite genres at first and I didn't pay attention to school Anime when I was in school myself. Now, it's the other way. Heck, I didn't even like COTE when s1 aired in 2017 when I was 17, in my early 20s I love the Anime -even if the adaptation is not perfect for some- and I enjoy the LN a lot. I can also apply the same with ecchi which I pay little attention when I was a teen, now it's one of the my favourite Anime.

-I'm neutral with romance in general -except BL which I'm a big fan- since I never liked it or disliked it besides a lot of romance with adult protagonists exist.

Enjoying something since you're around the age of characters is irrevelant, many teens Anime fans enjoy and watch seinen with protagonists older than them and no one cares, it should be the same the other way around with adult Anime fans enjoying shounen with a cast younger than them. I also want to add nostalgia sometimes is a huge factor for adults to enjoy school Anime. I can't relate something to characters who drink, smoke or even drive since I don't do it.

Part of being an adult is you stop worrying about external validation especially if we talk about Anime. No one especially another adult can't say to other adults what genres they should watch or enjoy. It's so silly.

And no, I don't dislike anything I like when I was younger. I just add new things. I have feeling some people who used to like something never really liked such thing in the first place.

@aurora_yuuki watching 81 episodes in a single day is impossible even if you skip endings, openings, don't eat during the entire day and have 81 episodes downloaded to avoid internet lag. 70 episodes in a single day is maximum number of episodes a person could watch if you stay up for 24 hours as long as every episode is 25 minutes long and you skip OP and ED. I did a few times and I was exhausted so 81 episodes in a single day is just humanly impossible.
NurguburuSep 7, 12:15 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 7, 12:11 AM

Jul 2021
I started watching anime when I was 15 (23 now) and frankly you'll get bored of anime for sure if you watch too much. Naturally though you'll probably come to find it less and less enjoyable overtime anyway but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be so disinterested that you'd quit it for other hobbies.

As long as you've a desire to relive a more youthful time (as does pretty much everyone), you'll continue to find yourself drawn to stories of high school aged or similar characters. And no it's not abnormal to enjoy school romance when you're an adult.
Sep 7, 4:57 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Nurguburu
I'm almost 10 years older than you and I watch more Anime as an adult than my teenager years since I had to deal with typical issues from that age and school didn't leave me with much time to watch Anime besides I played League so I was more a gamer than a Weeb.

-School wasn't even one my favourite genres at first and I didn't pay attention to school Anime when I was in school myself. Now, it's the other way. Heck, I didn't even like COTE when s1 aired in 2017 when I was 17, in my early 20s I love the Anime -even if the adaptation is not perfect for some- and I enjoy the LN a lot. I can also apply the same with ecchi which I pay little attention when I was a teen, now it's one of the my favourite Anime.

-I'm neutral with romance in general -except BL which I'm a big fan- since I never liked it or disliked it besides a lot of romance with adult protagonists exist.

Enjoying something since you're around the age of characters is irrevelant, many teens Anime fans enjoy and watch seinen with protagonists older than them and no one cares, it should be the same the other way around with adult Anime fans enjoying shounen with a cast younger than them. I also want to add nostalgia sometimes is a huge factor for adults to enjoy school Anime. I can't relate something to characters who drink, smoke or even drive since I don't do it.

Part of being an adult is you stop worrying about external validation especially if we talk about Anime. No one especially another adult can't say to other adults what genres they should watch or enjoy. It's so silly.

And no, I don't dislike anything I like when I was younger. I just add new things. I have feeling some people who used to like something never really liked such thing in the first place.

@aurora_yuuki watching 81 episodes in a single day is impossible even if you skip endings, openings, don't eat during the entire day and have 81 episodes downloaded to avoid internet lag. 70 episodes in a single day is maximum number of episodes a person could watch if you stay up for 24 hours as long as every episode is 25 minutes long and you skip OP and ED. I did a few times and I was exhausted so 81 episodes in a single day is just humanly impossible.
@Nurguburu Oops, I forgot to mention that I watched at 2x speed.

My apologies.
Sep 7, 5:36 AM
Dec 2023
Nope! I dropped on the second episode
Sep 7, 5:39 AM
Dec 2023
DragyG said:
ElmoBoredAsf said:

I've been watching since the age of 10 I'm 20 now and I still enjoy animes as much as I enjoyed them back then.

I guess growing up does affect your preferences but while these story are written for children they are still written by grown up adults so there is more to it than just children getting along. It speaks a lot about how one wished their life was too.

You can also appreciate some parts much more when you grow up and become a little bit more mature. I think about cinematic direction (not sure it's an appropriate wording for animes) in which angles, expression, musics are also telling a story (which is hard to understand for children)

Anyway no matter what you will think about animes in the future keep enjoying them for what you enjoy them now.

I mean I’m 13 and I love movies and anime, so I get the direction part, but I also think that many people my age don’t really appreciate art like I do, so it’s a little disappointing that young people don’t get anime/film/manga. All the kids my age who do like anime just know one peice, demon slayer and jjk :(

Not trying to trump your point, just wanted to chirp in:

(also if being under 13 is not allowed, just know that my parents made this account and can shut it down at any moment)
Sep 7, 5:47 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread moved to the correctboard. Please refrain from doing any backseat modding.
Sep 7, 5:52 AM

Jan 2022
You'll only get disinterested in anime if you start taking your life seriously and get a girlfriend.
Sep 7, 6:16 AM

Mar 2024
I've been watching anime longer than you've been alive. My engagement with the medium ebbs and flows. If I'm not in the mood to watch anime, there's no need to force it. But I still get sucked into an anime pretty easily every season. Just keep an open mind and remember that anime is about having fun.
Sep 7, 6:18 AM

Feb 2020
"Are you still watching ?_?"

Definitely yes! :3

Sep 7, 6:21 AM

Jan 2009
i grow up watching anime and now im 40 i still watch it
Sep 7, 6:22 AM
Sep 2022
alpo42ab said:

Impressive πŸ˜„
I'm 43, I have been watching Anime during the '90s, then got distracted by life and its twists and turns.
Rediscovered my passion during the Covid lockdown, because i was bored.
I hope i'll stick around to be as old as you and still enjoy it aswell.
Sep 7, 6:41 AM
Not sane

Apr 2016
I've been watching anime since I was born, but I really started getting into it when I was 24 and now I'm 33. Getting older doesn't really matter to me, I still enjoy watching high school romance anime.
Sep 7, 6:42 AM

Jun 2024
Of course I've been watching anime since five years old so twenty-seven years and more to come and runs into family.
Kirika_MadeleineSep 7, 8:20 AM
Sep 7, 7:20 AM
Nov 2016
I started watching anime when I was 12 - 13. I'm 20 now and I still watch anime, although not as much when I was younger.

I can't speak for everyone, but as I got older, I started watching less and less. You could say I got a kick from watching anime as a teen, but it doesn't hit the same for me anymore.

I still enjoy anime ❀️, it's just not the same feeling from when I was a kid. But I've never once regretted it and neither do I miss it, since it's a part of life :)
Sep 7, 7:32 AM

Apr 2010
Yes, im watching anime for more than 25 years. Started in the 90's.
Sep 7, 7:40 AM
Apr 2015
I started actively watching anime around 2007 and I watch more than ever now. It may have been about story or hype or sex appeal at first, but my motive for watching has turned more towards an appreciation for character design, meta elements of anime in general, and keeping my finger somewhat on the pulse of the anime industry. Sure, I love good storytelling and animation, but there's a lot more to it these days. Seeing what certain studios, directors, animators and voice actors are up to is very entertaining to me and watching people get better at their craft is satisfying. There are definitely aspects of pursuing "anime scholarship" that feel like Sunk Cost Fallacy, but hey I still genuinely enjoy anime on multiple levels these days so that's fine by me.
Sep 7, 8:48 AM
Nov 2023
i am 18 and i asked myself that plenty of times, my anwser is always "I don't care, I'll watch what i enjoy.", Don't think about it too hard and enjoy it while you are still young, just make sure you don't turn into like the stereotypical weeb degenerate like about 90% of all these MAL users, i fucking hate them and pray that even if i manage to watch a thousand animes (due to my love for it) I'll never become like them.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Your top female characters in anime ( 1 2 )

RealClutch - Sep 2

84 by KousakaK »»
26 seconds ago

» Anime you haven't watched but you know it's good?

AnimeDownUnder - Sep 3

39 by KenaiPhoenix »»
4 minutes ago

» Revisiting Dropped Anime

Oioioioi1234 - Sep 7

44 by LenRea »»
11 minutes ago

» What's your favorite thing about moe blobs?

Catalano - Yesterday

19 by LenRea »»
18 minutes ago

» When are you considered "ready" to "more difficult" anime? ( 1 2 )

thewiru - Sep 5

72 by veinnnn »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.