Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
I love how 753 adds more entertainment to this episode with her personality. She's kinda mischievous but also seems popular among cosplaying conventions. It looks like Ririsa indeed has a tough rival.

Also interesting to know more about Mayuri and why she became a home econ teacher. She's even lending a hand to help! Pretty interesting episode imo.
Aug 30, 7:28 AM

Mar 2021
So glad that they found the missing skirt and that Ririsa can now do her cosplay, it was amazing seeing Mayuri Sensei and Okumura always being there for Ririsa and supporting her.
Aug 30, 8:02 AM

Dec 2010
This episode was way more emotional than I expected from the title.

Seeing Ririsa breakdown was painful to see.

The seiyuu did great work on this episode, especially Enoki Junya.

Can't wait for next episode. I expect a bloodbath unless sensei only appears at the end
Aug 30, 8:23 AM

Jan 2023
Wow, it ended up being a very emotional and beautiful episode.
I really liked the scenes where Ririsa receive the support of her sensei and Masamune, she now knows they've got her back.
That ending showcases pretty well how close the two main characters have grown.

A really good episode, hope to see more like this :)
MeguSae38Aug 30, 8:27 AM
Aug 30, 8:48 AM

Jul 2016
When an omegaweeb sets aside his devotion to his 2D waifu to make an entire speech gushing about his appreciation for you as his 3D partner, you mean something.

Mayuri and Okumura really proved themselves as members of Ririsa's dream team but Magino and Ogino are the hidden MVPs for looking out for their noob friends as much as they do. It's legit heartwarming how surprisingly supportive the cosplay scene is (Nagomi notwithstanding)
FarCriticalAug 30, 8:56 AM
Aug 30, 8:56 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode has successfully adapted chapters 25-27 of volume 4, so quite a bit of material that involved Okumura and Mayura trying to cheer Ririsa up. Right now only Nagomi is the only cosplayer getting attention, but that is going to change in the next episode when Mayura shows her cosplay in public for the first time triggering a cosplay battle between Mayura and Nagomi.

The next couple of chapters are going to be fabulous.
Aug 30, 9:08 AM

Feb 2019
Yep I figured Kai sama would look just like Okumura that’s why they covered his face lol. Whenever Nagomi meets him things are going to get interesting. Emotional episode tho man seeing Ririsa break down kills me I love her sm and she deserves the world.

Mayuri sensei being there for Ririsa at her lowest point and giving her the motivation to keep going just like her home ec teacher did back in the day was so sweet, but it was also a nice way to pay back Ririsa for the motivation she gave her a couple episodes ago where she praised Mayuri(she didn’t know it was Mayuri) cosplay.

Proud of Okumura as well for being there for Ririsa and telling her exactly what she needed to hear, not just as Liliel but as Ririsa ❤️ “I’ll be right there for you I’ll be right there rooting for you. It’s not because you’re Liliel, it’s because you’re Ririsa the cosplayer”

he’s such a sweetheart and I’m sure that’s gonna make her fall even more for him. Can’t wait for next ep

Nagomi was cute in her cosplay too but after all the mean shit she said to Ririsa last week i can’t bring myself to praise her
Marinate1016Aug 30, 11:47 AM
Aug 30, 9:19 AM

May 2019
I thought Ririsa's "breakdown" was a bit over the top and showed how fragile or weak she is. At least with the teacher being there and and Okumura finding her skirt I hope Ririsa gets mentally stronger and has a great future event as it looks to be too late for her to dress up in this event.
Aug 30, 9:56 AM

Jul 2011
Average cosplayer: need a big luggage to carry the costume. Mayura: just need an easy to carry backpack, because she is that beautiful.
Aug 30, 10:20 AM

Jan 2024
Ririsa breakdown was really sad. Nagomi's word hurt her way to much.
Okamura tried to re motivate her. Magino did a great job in helping Okamura to get his feelings across without hurting her.
Mayura then also brought her masterpiece cosplay in order to help Ririsa. As she finally able to cheer her up. She said the right thing which Nagino didn't that you cosplay both for yourself and also to cosplay.
Okamura also hit her home that she is Ririsa not Lilleal. He will be there to help Ririsa not cause of her cosplay but her. Good to see his progession and development with Ririsa.

She is lucky to have both of them in support.
Very emotional and dramatic episode but atleast it ended well.

Looking to see Mayura and Ririsa get some highlight next episode.
Aug 30, 10:46 AM
Mar 2015
Our gril is saved thanks to our boi and sensei stepping up
Aug 30, 12:15 PM

Feb 2007
Good job, Sensei! Get her the time she needs.
Aug 30, 5:26 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well I wasn’t expecting to not see Ririsa get cosplayed up in this episode, I was like “surely they’ll figure this out before the episode is over” but alas that did not happen, however this was a banger episode even without Lilliel. Of course Hanyuu Sensei ended up going to the con too, funny how she somehow autopiloted the walk to the changing room and even bringing her costume lol, but this came in clutch when Ririsa was down because of what Nagomi said to her in the previous episode and Okumura couldn’t quite pull her out of it himself, cool to see Hanyuu cosplaying again tho, I wasn’t sure if she’d get back in the game or not.

And right on cue, then came Okumura like Ashford himself with the missing skirt, pretty badass of him I must say, and his speech to Ririsa afterward was so damn good too, it’s just unfortunate they’re now short on time to get the Lilliel costume on before Nagomi’s shoot is over, but looks like Hanyuu/Mayura is coming in clutch one more time, loved the reactions by Okumura and Ogino there lol, next episode might be a wild one. Also, speaking of Nagomi, looks like her husbando looks just like Okumura, that’s an interaction I’m definitely looking forward to lol, and her cosplay looked nice too, cute design.
Aug 30, 5:31 PM

Jul 2022
Okumura really shone when he found Lilysa's missing flaw and encouraged her after her breakdown. When you love something, there aren't right or wrong ways to express it, because love itself can take on different forms and be expressed in various ways. It doesn't matter if you do it for yourself or for another reason; the simple fact that you genuinely like something from the bottom of your heart is enough. After all, those are your tastes, and no one can contradict you or tell you that you're wrong. As he continues to say, many people will tell you unpleasant things, but that's just their point of view and not the whole picture. We shouldn't get discouraged by this; instead, we should trust in ourselves and in the love for the things we cherish.

I suppose, with the little time left at the convention, the sensei will make a surprise appearance to give Lilysa time to change.
Aug 30, 6:01 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, Mayura and Nagomi sure had a rivalry going on when the former was active...

Nagomi's criticism got the best of Ririsa, though her heart still clearly beats for Okumura at the slight coincidence. But her clear popularity can't be beaten, and worst of all, Ririsa missing Liliel's skirt doesn't quite make the full cosplay figure.

It's great that Magino gave Okumura the initiative to help out of her rut, but the latter being about to burst when his emotions got out of control, the situation becomes near unsalvageable. Mayuri thus coming in with her pep talk, as well as her cosplay (just in case) being in secrecy while Okumura does the job to find Liliel's skirt, her role can't be understated to help Ririsa regain her confidence amidst eventually finding said clothing.

Mayuri-sensei's role this episode is just spectacular, what will she bring to the cosplay that Okumura and Ririsa don't have?
Aug 30, 6:06 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode! Ririsa needed emotional support, and Masamune and Mayuri did their part. On the next episode, it will be time for Ririsa's Liliel to shine, and for Nagomi to crash into reality as hard as it gets... especially when she will meet Masamune.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 30, 6:11 PM

Nov 2021
That was PEAK beautiful episode. I love how the structure of this feels kinda like its a battle shonen arc, where the MC is defeated but with the help/encouragement of an old/former hero they looked up to they are able to rise and win again. So glad this is getting 24 episodes now, exceeded my expectations
Aug 30, 8:07 PM

Jul 2023
the drama is not my cup of tea. Ririsa should be more confident from this point on. It's getting old.
Aug 30, 8:55 PM
Mar 2021
What a great episode!!!! I love how sensei jumps in to help, not to forget Okumura!! SO looking forward to the next episode!!!!
Yesterday, 1:51 AM

Mar 2020
Bro looks like the most generic anime protagonist that every girl ends up mistaking him for her beloved 2D husbando I am done XD
Yesterday, 5:36 AM
Oct 2019
Bruhh ain't no way Nagomi's Kai-sama looks like Okumura WTF

"A real Otaku NEVER Judges someone by things they love!"
That's our boi Okumura.

god damn Junya Enoki performance got me emotional again since JJK Season 2.

Let's go!!
Yesterday, 6:19 AM

Jun 2016
bruhh mayura sensei doing cosplayer is lit !!!
Yesterday, 10:28 AM
Aug 2012
I liked the episode, I just hate the teasing of romance knowing there will be no romance between the 2. I hope they don't use the missing cosplay costume part a 3rd time.

If 1 cosplayer is expected to get all attention and then everyone leaves, why would anyone else even bother showing up? if she is THAT popular it would be better for her to have her own events. It is like Taylor Swift going to an event made for new singers trying to make a name for themselves.
Yesterday, 11:56 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
Okumura's generic, insertable character design making him look like a million other fictional characters in-universe is such a meta joke, lmao. First it was Ashford, now Kei-sama.

His speech at the end of the episode hit really hard. If you enjoy doing something, it truly doesn't matter what other people think as long as you're not harming anyone while doing it. Life is too short to keep your passion locked away. Speaking of which, love to see Mayuri back cosplaying as well!!
Yesterday, 4:34 PM

Mar 2010
Huh, drama feels a bit over the top, still a decent episode. Mayuri very cultured outfit. :3
11 hours ago

Jan 2016
Ririsa being kind of dramatic though somewhat understand as I'm a bit of a drama queen too when I think about it. I decided to upgrade this to 8/10, outside of ecchi and a couple other personally off-putting things, I have been loving this anime. I understand the manga was apparently radically even more ecchi than this which is shocking but wow. The dedication, the wholesome-ness (outside of ecchi), the comraderie, the cosplay, the ending, I love it so much I may even buy copies of the manga in the future (I finally started buying physical copies of manga though never been manga reader).
sidenote: I saw the necklace, and our Ashford-Sama does in-fact look like Kai-Sama hahaha, that will be brutal for Nagomi, will have to deal with Mayuri-sensei who always beats her, Liliel who she definitely notices as potential rival, and her dear Kai-sama being on "enemies" side eeeeeeee

5/5, Ririsa was kind of triggering me, but otherwise loved this so much. Looking forward to more!

6 hours ago
Sep 2023
This episode made me cry!!! I love how the sense of community between the women who do cosplay is shown throughout this anime. Mayura is so cute, I think she's my favorite in the series.
6 hours ago
Sep 2023
Reply to LilyVarbik
Ririsa being kind of dramatic though somewhat understand as I'm a bit of a drama queen too when I think about it. I decided to upgrade this to 8/10, outside of ecchi and a couple other personally off-putting things, I have been loving this anime. I understand the manga was apparently radically even more ecchi than this which is shocking but wow. The dedication, the wholesome-ness (outside of ecchi), the comraderie, the cosplay, the ending, I love it so much I may even buy copies of the manga in the future (I finally started buying physical copies of manga though never been manga reader).
sidenote: I saw the necklace, and our Ashford-Sama does in-fact look like Kai-Sama hahaha, that will be brutal for Nagomi, will have to deal with Mayuri-sensei who always beats her, Liliel who she definitely notices as potential rival, and her dear Kai-sama being on "enemies" side eeeeeeee

5/5, Ririsa was kind of triggering me, but otherwise loved this so much. Looking forward to more!
@LilyVarbik THANK YOU! I think the camaraderie between cosplayers is the cutest part of this show. I think the anime is having a bit of an identity crisis with its genres. People are complaining that it isn't "ecchi enough" instead of focusing on the fact it's a total love letter to cosplay and women who like anime and manga. The adaptation might've benefited if it committed to de-ecchi-fying itself so it'd at least look intentionally disloyal to the manga. This may be an anime for the girls, gays and theys.

Also, Ririsa is 15, I can cut her some slack for being a bit "dramatic". Losing her skirt is the end of the world for her. She wouldn't be able to follow her dream if they didn't get the photos needed for the report, and she thought her first ever friend was furious with her.
4 hours ago

Feb 2020
Okumura has went from insufferable mc to actually being decent. Nice to see his character development and seeing Mayuri root for her as both the club advisor, teacher, and ririsa's cosplay inspiration ✨
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
1 hour ago
Apr 2017
Reply to LilyVarbik

@LilyVarbik Functionally the ecchi will never be as high as the early chapters, but that's a product of the mangaka realizing what he actually wanted to do with the series. Lilysa always had potential as a co-protagonist, but its when the editor forced that initial cosplay event that things changed. The mangaka's notes showcases how he went from a basic by-the-books three volume cosplay ecchi that never left the clubroom to diving into the whole cosplay event participation. It only finally clicked around this time with Magino's line telling Okumura to stop that he got praise from not just his editor, but the mangaka who pretty much taught him everything. His self esteem and confidence was in the gutters starting this series, and well we're covering an arc that pretty much stretches into one year of doing the series.
And what you get is this beautiful episode. When you let Hashimoto write a monologue, it works. And when you let Nagomi participate in a cosplay event, you better prepare for her to turn it into a battle shonen. This series is a slow burner, and now we're boiling.

More topics from this board

» psa: mobile game coming soon!

DreamingBeats - Aug 27

19 by Deoxyribo9 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » 2.5-jigen no Ririsa Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 23

43 by LuisSV23 »»
Aug 30, 11:13 AM

Poll: » 2.5-jigen no Ririsa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

InfinityDude88 - Jul 5

160 by Jack-Kai-Lantern »»
Aug 30, 8:06 AM

Poll: » 2.5-jigen no Ririsa Episode 7 Discussion

InfinityDude88 - Aug 16

44 by Friedrich-kyn »»
Aug 29, 8:46 AM

Poll: » 2.5-jigen no Ririsa Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9

33 by Friedrich-kyn »»
Aug 29, 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.