Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
It's Spring...and the sports festival is around the corner, and the student council is absolutel ripping through the lack of resources, be it relevant or redundant. But Koshitan's exactly the type of person who leave things at the very last minute...and regardless, she made the event work by hook or by crook. Of course, Nokotan would have her very own team, with banners and the like, she's the pseudo-Madonna of the school.

Even a wild bear eating bread...just replace it with deer crackers, and have familiar characters return for the idiotic race. And as expected, having Koshitan be in a race where deer antlers become bombs and Nokotan become Jojo for a moment, clearing potholes and cheerleading lols. The Deer Club coming with the same deer parade...Nokotan is just having her own whack fun.

A tug-of-war turned tug-of-antler, and Koshitan being drained before the ball toss so much that she didn't even have any ounce of energy left, aside from Tsucchi just coming for Neko's interference, and the final relay race...apart from chasing all of the deer away so that the event can start soon, even resorting to clearing out Nokotan's head full of deer crackers just to bring out her delinquent side...everyone is fine with her being who she is, gangster or not.

In terms of absurdist comedy, this episode is the weakest thus far.
Aug 28, 8:55 AM

Nov 2023
Very good sports episode with Nokotan's touch.

Weird and funny events is just normal here.

Nokotan tried really hard at faking herself but her real self is liked the most anyways.

Nokotan is a super famous person in this verse and it's no brainer.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Aug 28, 8:56 AM

Mar 2021
That was the best sports festival I have ever seen it was hilarious.
Aug 28, 9:24 AM
Oct 2020
I think my brain cells are officially dead. Thanks.
Aug 28, 10:31 AM

Feb 2019
Brain cells were lost. Most unhinged sports festival episode I’ve ever seen and that’s saying a lot. This was probably the 2nd best episode after the first since we just focused on one gag the whole time and as usual Nokotan and Koshitan played off each other well.
Aug 28, 11:10 AM
Aug 2024
probably the best and funniest episode i’ve seen 😭😭
Aug 28, 11:53 AM
Mar 2014
shikanokokoshitantan
Aug 28, 12:19 PM
Mar 2022
This is one chaotic sport festival... And I see Bashame is getting ready for the rice field next episode, lol ... Also, I can relate to Koshi-tan. Working so hard to kiss ãss, when you realise that nobody even cared.
Aug 28, 12:29 PM
Mar 2022
For some reason, the comedy quality of this anime is much lower than the first episode, and I feel like the jokes are region lock
Aug 28, 1:23 PM
Jul 2024
I could have done without the mid-episode montage but otherwise I was amused.
Aug 28, 1:34 PM
Mar 2021
It's the biggest piece of dogshit...
Aug 28, 1:39 PM
Jul 2023
weak episode but this part caught me off guard
Aug 28, 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
Personally the best episode for me so far probably. The cheerleading sequence was a little long but otherwise pretty consistently funny. Glad Koshitan got accepted for actually losing her cool in front of people; maybe she'll be a little bit less stressed now? Probably not though with Shikanoko around
Aug 28, 2:30 PM

Dec 2018
The festival had it's ups and downs, I think my only complaint was the still frames in the middle. Granny winning that race was a highlight.
Aug 28, 2:37 PM
May 2020
So random, so crazy!
They keep the insanity high every episode!

I don't think this would work otherwise.
Aug 28, 3:13 PM

May 2019
Yay, a sports festival episode, and it couldn't have happened without encountering a couple, shall we say, minor hitches. But not to worry, Koshitan has it all under her control and definitely is not acting like "a grade-school kid who put off her summer homework until the very end of summer vacation." I mean, nothing ever absurd happens in this show and it's all just 計画通り. /s

Here are the eye catches for this week's episode:

Pre-CM:
Post-CM:

For one, we get to see all the main and side characters introduced thus far in their characteristic elements–especially with the お婆さん during the bread race having Star powers and just completely knocking the 3D deer into orbit. Not to mention that we have a bomb-filled obstacle course that seems completely reasonable–I mean, how have you not gone to a school sports day that hasn't done that? And mind you, both these things happened just before the CM and while Bashame was working on the rice fields–because no one interrupts the rice planting season–so there was more than enough material to go around. There's always so many things that are included in these episodes that it's pretty difficult to account for everything that happened, so it's definitely worth your time to watch it, especially as you get to hear the OP twice with this episode. And on a side note, I want to meet the person that translated the original dialogue to "Nokotan looks peak!" and "I want Koshi-san to yell at me, too." While I'm pretty sure this is pretty much what the dialogue was, I'm not sure if someone should be fired or given a raise for that localization.
NekOniiChanAug 28, 3:26 PM
Aug 28, 3:15 PM
Mar 2020
anyone got any ideas on what that long beat of koshitan with nokotan under her arm in a beam of sunlight with a heavenly chorus was a reference to?
Aug 28, 3:17 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to Reecey91
That was the best sports festival I have ever seen it was hilarious.
@Reecey91 real good one, but i rate school rumble's slightly higher
Aug 28, 3:46 PM
Nov 2023
Hy_Regulus said:
It's the biggest piece of dogshit...

i love the midroll slideshow
Aug 28, 4:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another one I’d say is among the better episodes of the show, the sports festival was just goofy fun with some pretty decent bits throughout, some went on a bit too long like that slideshow or when Koshi was trying to lure Nokotan near the end, but overall I’d say I liked most of them, the first bit of the episode of people pouring in with problems actually gave me “Airplane!” vibes which is a hilarious movie, unfortunately can’t say the same for the show imo but I like that I was reminded of that movie lol.

And I also liked that Nokotan got her ass tore at the end, while she definitely made the sports festival more interesting she was also fucking things up for the staff which eventually broke Koshi, so I liked seeing her get what she deserved even if she just kept that same derpy face the whole time. The best part tho? People didn’t get pissed at Koshi for lashing out, I thought that was about to happen but it thankfully didn’t, I guess everyone doesn’t blindly worship Nokotan after all lol, good for Koshi too.
Aug 28, 6:09 PM

Jul 2022
Even though Koshitan had everything planned for the Sports Festival, Nokotan is always going to mess things up for her. I dare say that this episode was the worst for Koshitan; her face even got disfigured, and she developed six stomach ulcers. The worst part is that, despite all of Koshitan's efforts to hide her true personality, they were in vain since everyone else in this anime has worn-out brain cells except her. Honestly, I'm losing brain cells just watching this too.

I also want to remind you that Bashame spent the entire episode planting rice because the narrator mentioned that episode 10, which is the next one, would be important. It's obvious it's just going to be something stupid.
Aug 28, 6:18 PM

Mar 2008
That old woman speeding through all glowing rainbow put of nowhere to pass everyone up even for this show I didnt expect that.

Koshitan doing that little song and dance to lure Nokotan and just put her in a headlock blood gushing out of her was great lol
Aug 28, 6:31 PM
Oct 2013
I liked it, but was it a budget choice to play the theme song over still frames at the mid point?
Aug 28, 6:51 PM
Feb 2021
Being someone that enjoys the anime mostly for Koshitan, and having grown more and more annoyed by Nokotan's antics throughout these last few episodes, this last one was when I really considered dropping the anime for the first time... And then Koshitan got her moment at the end and saved it; still she's the only reason I'm watching the anime at this point
Aug 28, 7:38 PM

May 2015
You know the episode is off the walls when Anko is one of the more reasonable people in the plot! Also did Mitsu gain Mario's invincibility mode from having Shikanokos antler in her mouth? Too powerful!

Also looks like Koshitan didn't have to keep her delinquency under wraps after all. That should make up for all the stomach ulcers...maybe.
Aug 28, 7:45 PM
May 2023
Good episode, another episode more laughs although I would like the level of randomness and sub-realism to grow a little more
Since I like the references like the one about the old woman with Mario's invulnerability when he grabs a star and then the music with which Shikanoko enters with the deer, it seemed very Naruto-like to me but I'm not sure
Aug 28, 9:00 PM

Jul 2016
RIP Koshitan's sanity. This episode sure pushed her to the limit.
Aug 28, 9:08 PM
Jul 2024
shikanokonokonokokushitantan
Aug 28, 10:57 PM

Jul 2020
ew that slide show in the middle sure was underwhelming
Aug 29, 1:15 AM
Oct 2019
Absolutely chaotic Sport Festival!!
LMAO

That Old lady vs Dashing Grandma from Mob Psycho, who would have won? lol
Aug 29, 1:58 AM

Feb 2016
NEKOYAMADA MY BELOVED ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SCENE BRO, PEAK COMEDY

AND THE SLIDESHOW SCENE WITH THE OPENING AS BGM WAS ALSO PEAK, TO SEE IT ALL BE SO NORMAL, WHILE BEHIND THE SCENES THE STUDENT COUNCIL WAS WORKING THEIR ASS OF WITH NOKOTAN'S MESS LMAO

GREAT FUCKING EPISODE.

Kinda lame tho that they decided to go for the easiest route ever and just completely ignore the fact Noko, Koshi and Neko should be graduating lol Koshi hinted at that at the begining of the episode but it wasn't really funny.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Aug 29, 2:01 AM

Nov 2012
Thanks to this show, now deers are kinda gross for me

My Candies:

Aug 29, 2:51 AM
Aug 2023
while i love the anime so far, this episode reused too many scenes and had a slideshow halfway through with 0 moving animation and only the intro song playing. felt kinda off compared to the last episodes, to be honest
Aug 29, 3:59 AM
Apr 2020
jej ciervo gilipollas
Aug 29, 7:30 AM
Sep 2021
Koshitan for the W.
Aug 29, 9:42 AM
May 2023
Write your thoughtz...
Aug 29, 10:47 AM
Mar 2023
MIGHT just be peak ngl
Aug 29, 11:49 AM
Apr 2019
Shikanoko nokonoko koshitantan
Aug 29, 12:11 PM
Oct 2021
This episode really showed how much of a nuisance nokotan can be and how good she is at messing up koshitan's efforts
Aug 29, 3:36 PM
Sep 2021
Even at 1.5 speed it was tiring to watch, this anime really went down the only thing keeping it alive are the meems
Aug 29, 4:58 PM
Jul 2023
peak deer brainrot
Aug 29, 7:16 PM
Jan 2021
How does this show continue to keep getting funnier with episode - truly the peak of entertainment
Aug 29, 9:51 PM
Jan 2023
Ah yes, deer school festival 🦌
Yesterday, 2:30 AM

Nov 2013
Koshi-tan stress levels were off the charts this episode. Koshi bloody-grabbing Shikanoko was hilarious.
Yesterday, 2:45 AM

Jul 2023
The episodes are so random. Good thing there's some coherence in this sports day episode. Also, Koshita gets to display her delinquent self, and students feel it's more relatable. lol
Yesterday, 5:52 AM
Jul 2024
shikanoko nokonoko koshitantan
Yesterday, 5:52 AM
Jul 2024
shikanoko nokonoko koshitantan
Yesterday, 7:08 AM
plɹoM pǝʇɹǝʌuI

Sep 2020
I don't even know why I'm watching a show I don't like at all. I was a day one opp, but I guess since I already started it I might as well finish it.

The episode, like every other slice of life, started its ''field day/sports festival'' arc and frankly I'm getting sick of it.
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

Aug 2022
The weirdest sports festival to exist lol.
Yesterday, 9:02 PM
Jan 2018
the last scene of koshitan reminds me of when the homelander f up but the crowd still loves him.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 21

51 by LuisSV23 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » best brainrot anime of all time?

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

36 by vainothegamer101 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 17

147 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Today, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jul 10

206 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14

70 by FrutiTuti »»
Yesterday, 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.