Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 22, 4:44 PM

Jan 2021
So we often talk about best relationships, best ships... and best girls but what really matters if your bros and pals. So what are some of the best bromances in anime, share your best picks of male friendship below;

For me,

Genos and Saitama from One Punch Man are easily two of anime's best bro's and there bromance is truly something to behold. I like its development over the course of the first season, the more serious Genos pairs well with the light hearted Saitama, and they both play off each other well throughout the series. From Saitama taking on a bad rep to not allow Genos rep to fall, to Genos always remaining loyal to Saitama despite many other's being disapproving off him.

Whilst not traditional bros, Astolfo and Sieg form a nice bromance with the bubbly, loyal and personable Astolfo making up for his masters flat and stilted demeanour. However whilst different in personality, Sieg and Astolfo can always rely on the other to back them up when the going gets tough. They also show a lot of care and consideration for the other.

Askeladd and Bjorn are truly thick and thieves, whilst Askeladd keeps Bjorn at a distance over his past. There a genuine comradery and friendship shared between these two pirates and Vikings. And whilst both stories are ultimately tragic, I really liked the way there friendship was displayed over the series.

Kamina and Simon, truly there was never a better depiction of brotherly love as these two. How Kamina supported and helped develop Simon into the man he ultimately becomes is truly a great part of the series.

Gon and Killua, these two are the inseparable pair, from Gon's boundless optimism and pursuit of adventure and what he perceives as right, and Killua's more reserved let loyal nature to his friend Gon, the two are a bunch of fun throughout the show. You geniunely buy that this two kids are friends and will go to hell and back to protect and defend the other.

Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Aug 22, 5:13 PM

Jan 2021

Edward and Alphonse (Full Metal Alchemist)

David and Eiji (Blue Comet SPT Layzner)

Reinhard and Kircheis (LOTGH)

Mittermeyer and Reuenthal (Also LOTGH)

Shinichi and Miji

Goku and Krillin

And also the Anti-Bromance

Griffith and Guts

Amuro and Char
MarathonGuy1337Aug 22, 5:17 PM
This is for you Lady Haman!
Aug 22, 5:40 PM

Jul 2021
Whilst not traditional bros, Astolfo and Sieg form a nice bromance with the bubbly, loyal and personable Astolfo making up for his masters flat and stilted demeanour. However whilst different in personality, Sieg and Astolfo can always rely on the other to back them up when the going gets tough. They also show a lot of care and consideration for the other.

Is it still just bromance when you and your bro fuck each other?
Aug 22, 6:22 PM
Jan 2018
I see your Bromance and multiply it by 5 with G Gundam. Those 4 guys will do anything for Domon Kasshu.

https://pics.filmaffinity.com/mugen_no_rivaiasu_tv_series-791672602-mmed.jpg
Also Kouji Aiba and Ikumi Oze are better brothers than Kouji's real brother, a main character in the same show.
Aug 22, 6:39 PM

Oct 2019
Choji and Shikamaru

Itadori and Todo

Aug 22, 7:01 PM

Aug 2010
Satoru and Kenya from Erased. I their friendship and dynamic as a duo. They understanf each other the most and are the most mature in the group so they work together really well.
Aug 22, 7:02 PM

Mar 2021
AnimePedestrian said:
Best Bromances In Anime

Just about any Anime that has two males as main characters has some pseudo bromance elements in it unless the characters are simply just not friends at all.

Though the exemplary example of a true bromance in Anime has to be "Ore Monogatari!!". While "Ore Monogatari!!" comes across as a typical romance story between an extremely petite high school girl and a freakishly colossal and muscular over sized high school boy, the entire Anime mainly focuses an incredible amount of time on the friendship between Makoto Sunakawa and Takeo Gouda who have been friends since childhood and the obvious love they have for each other. It's a true Bromance Anime in the literal sense where even the Anime starts off with a childhood story about two Ogres that is suppose to represent the friendship between these two high school boys throughout the entire series.

"Ore Monogatari!!" is probably the best Bromance Anime I have ever watched before.

ColourWheelAug 22, 7:20 PM
Aug 22, 7:27 PM

Jul 2024
In the anime The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window by Tomoko Yamashita While the focus is primarily on their psychic abilities and investigations, there are elements of a close bromance between the characters.

However, whether it qualifies as a full-fledged bromance depends on individual interpretation. Women viewers perceive it as such, while the guys focus on the supernatural and mystery aspects of the story.

Other famous bromances in popular anime

Rin and Ryuji from Blue Exorcist: Starting as fierce rivals, Rin Okumura and Ryuji Suguro grow to become close friends.

Roy and Maes from Fullmetal Alchemist: Roy Mustang and Maes Hughes share an iconic bromance. Their camaraderie is unforgettable.

Izuku and Katsuki from My Hero Academia: Despite their rocky start, Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo develop a strong bond in their quest to become heroes.

Meliodas and Ban from The Seven Deadly Sins: These two immortal warriors have each other’s backs through thick and thin.

Itadori and Aoi from Jujutsu Kaisen: Their friendship blossoms as they fought curses and supernatural threats together.

Joseph and Caesar from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Their rivalry turns into genuine friendship, and their interactions are both hilarious.

Spike and Jet from Cowboy Bebop: As bounty hunters aboard the Bebop, their bond grows stronger with each adventure

Reki and Langa from SK8 the Infinity: Skateboarding buddies who share a passion for the sport and support each other’s growth
RainyEveningsAug 22, 8:01 PM
Yesterday, 3:13 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Commit_Crime

Is it still just bromance when you and your bro fuck each other?
@Commit_Crime they didn't have sex, Sieg got with Ruler instead. Astolfo just was a bro. Who happen to look and act like a chick.

[/center]
Yesterday, 3:14 AM

Jan 2021
Also everyone all your bromance chooses are great XD

[/center]
Yesterday, 3:54 AM

May 2021
Of the ones mentioned i second

- Gon & Killua
- Ed & Al
- Shinichi & Migi
- Goku & Krillin
- Choji & Shikamaru
- Yuji & Todo
- Roy & Maes
- Deku & Bakugo

And 'll add to that list

- Taichi & Yamato
- Senku & Taiju
- Ash & Eiji
- Denji & Power
- Hinata & Kenma
- Mikey & Draken
- Kazuki & Rei

Yesterday, 3:57 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to DigiCat
Of the ones mentioned i second

- Gon & Killua
- Ed & Al
- Shinichi & Migi
- Goku & Krillin
- Choji & Shikamaru
- Yuji & Todo
- Roy & Maes
- Deku & Bakugo

And 'll add to that list

- Taichi & Yamato
- Senku & Taiju
- Ash & Eiji
- Denji & Power
- Hinata & Kenma
- Mikey & Draken
- Kazuki & Rei

@DigiCat isn't power a girl XD. Before you say anything the pink haired paladin is a boy.

[/center]
Yesterday, 4:00 AM

May 2021
Reply to AnimePedestrian
@DigiCat isn't power a girl XD. Before you say anything the pink haired paladin is a boy.
@AnimePedestrian Yeah, but theres another girl + guy friendship mentioned in this thread so ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

And of course i said that without reading the rest of your post xD xD

I stand by that Denji and Power have a great platonic friendship on the level of bromance 😆
DigiCatYesterday, 4:04 AM
Yesterday, 4:18 AM

Jul 2021
Mushoku Tensei has some great bromance, Rudy and Soldat comes to mind at first.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 4:19 AM

Aug 2021
Avdol and Polnareff. They are the best bromance in anime.

Yesterday, 5:33 AM

Nov 2021
I guess Mugen and jin from samurai champloo, it didn’t feel cliche bromance you see in most of the shounen anime.
Yesterday, 5:43 AM

Sep 2016
All the bromances in https://myanimelist.net/anime/37105/Grand_Blue
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to DigiCat
@AnimePedestrian Yeah, but theres another girl + guy friendship mentioned in this thread so ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

And of course i said that without reading the rest of your post xD xD

I stand by that Denji and Power have a great platonic friendship on the level of bromance 😆
@DigiCat we really should make a plutonic male female list on here

[/center]
Yesterday, 6:09 AM

Dec 2018
Goro Honda and Toshiya Sato from Major.

Yesterday, 6:54 AM

Feb 2016
The 2 leads from Gundam Build Fighters.

Appmon has a good bromance between Haru and his Yuujin.
LucifrostYesterday, 7:03 AM
その目だれの目?
Yesterday, 7:46 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to MarathonGuy1337

Edward and Alphonse (Full Metal Alchemist)

David and Eiji (Blue Comet SPT Layzner)

Reinhard and Kircheis (LOTGH)

Mittermeyer and Reuenthal (Also LOTGH)

Shinichi and Miji

Goku and Krillin

And also the Anti-Bromance

Griffith and Guts

Amuro and Char
MarathonGuy1337 said:
Amuro and Char
I mean... Isn't it just romance? (Only half serious)
The only acceptable answer is Kamina and Simon
Yesterday, 7:47 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to AnimePedestrian
@DigiCat we really should make a plutonic male female list on here
@AnimePedestrian there aren't nearly enough and it's sad
Yesterday, 9:33 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Guilmon1
MarathonGuy1337 said:
Amuro and Char
I mean... Isn't it just romance? (Only half serious)
The only acceptable answer is Kamina and Simon
@Guilmon1 were here to celebrate all the plutonic love of bromances. I promise this isn't a front.

[/center]
Yesterday, 9:48 AM

Aug 2018
Tsukimoto and Peco from Ping pong the animation hits different
Yesterday, 3:20 PM

Jul 2024
Ken and Hide from tokyo ghoul. Also honourable mention of Goten and Trunks from dragonball.
Yesterday, 8:16 PM

Aug 2017
Bromances don't exist, they are gay and you know it. So I ship them no matter if they are related or not. BL is love, BL is life.

Only friendship between girls exist. GL isn't a thing.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Yesterday, 8:33 PM
Nov 2021
Spike and Jet from Cowboy Bebop

Mob and Reigen from Mob Psycho 100

Senku and Gen from Dr. Stone
4 hours ago
Jan 2023
Ray White and Evi Armstrong from Iceblade Sorcerer

Kamina and Simon from Gurren Lagann

Yugi and Joey from Yu-Gi-Oh!!

The Main Male Cast from YuYu Hakusho

Senku and Taiju from Dr. Stone

11 minutes ago
Mar 2021
- Bam and Khun: Tower of God
- L and Light: Death Note
- Kirito and Eugeo: Sword Art Online: Alicization
- Luffy and Bon Clay: One Piece
- Takemicchi and Chifuyu: Tokyo Revengers
- Naruto and Sasuke: Naruto
- Moriarty and Sherlock: Moriarty the Patriot

More topics from this board

» What is the most traumatizing episode or arc of any anime?

Krystopher - 3 hours ago

7 by FanofAction »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime Funny / Weird Walks

deadlyspawn - 23 minutes ago

1 by Otakupervert890 »»
12 minutes ago

» When it comes to subtitles quality, do you agree with Nabokov's views on translation?

Shizuna - Aug 9

42 by -YaoiBoy- »»
28 minutes ago

» Favorite anime opening?

RealClutch - 4 hours ago

12 by Ohayotaku »»
33 minutes ago

» What are your anime red flags?

Deus-Arcanum - 10 hours ago

32 by Oioioioi1234 »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.