Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, it's back to more chatter again.

Now that the war has subsided, we get to see more of Ike and his social skills at work. Sometimes, it takes less than violence to accomplish goals and objectives. Seems Ike has a new admirer now too...
Aug 21, 7:23 AM

Jul 2017
The war against the Alliance of the Kings is just a test, now it's time to head to Xenobia...for a trade negotiation to appease their supplies. Ivalias's restoration will have to wait until then...

Lilith and Jiron clearly distressed when Ike is gone, and he's prepared backup plans for both to lead Ivalias in his absence, who's quite not the trusty people who can execute their job well. Instead, bringing Satie as a safeguard definitely will rile both the devil and the orc, and at least Ike feels safe with her around and use her as a way to communicate that demons and humans can co-exist. And along the way, his knightly save from the Redbeard Pirates sees the daughter of Xenobia's leader Yuria Octave and her guards saved, granting them a journey to the city out from a resistance of a forced marriage, whom she and Satie bear a similar resemblance.

Meeting Yuria's mother Eltria on the other hand, it's not easy trying to win the Trade Federation leader over with the trade treaty, but a deal with getting rid of the Redbeard Pirates and their leader of mage Carossa...and marrying Yuria in the process, it's quite a tall order. And when opportunity shows itself, Ike was unfortunately one step too late, but they can plan for the next counterattack. But in regard to the arranged marriage, Satie is definitely feeling jealous...and getting kidnapped by the pirates thinking that she's Yuria, Satie definitely earned her one-way ticket to the ship itself.

The question is, how will they link up for the upcoming counterattack?
Aug 21, 7:50 AM
Sep 2015
Totally didn't expect pirates to come out of nowhere.
Aug 21, 8:08 AM
Dec 2023
ugg, the cliff hangers 😫
Aug 21, 8:35 AM

May 2010
Animation is terrible, and the story is mediocre.

Last episode turned into a rom com?

Why am I still watching this?
Aug 21, 10:00 AM

Jul 2022
Now Ike is going to marry Satie's sister; I don’t think there’s another option after seeing how similar they look. It’s possible that Yuria isn’t Eltria’s real daughter. Now Ike has to face magical pirates to rescue Satie.

There are only three episodes left, and so far, there hasn’t been much of interest in this anime. At least the OP is good. I just hope this pirate arc doesn’t take up what’s left of the series, as I doubt a group of pirates could pose any real threat to the most powerful sorcerer in the Dark Lord's army.
Aug 21, 10:53 AM

Apr 2021
He could have easily said, "I can agree to guarding your port and ships, but marriage would need my lords approval", which would get him off the hook immediately.

He is smart enough to say this, but why do there writers not act consistent with their character?

Disappointing
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Aug 21, 12:15 PM

Feb 2019
Off to Xenobia we go to come up with a solution for the food shortage facing the demon king army. Obligatory rapey bandit villain in seasonal fantasy anime, as if Failure Frame wasn’t giving us enough of those this season.. Gave Ike a cheap in with the leadership in Xenobia of course because lazy writing.. also a new waifu in Yuria

Speaking of the Xenobia leadership, Eltria is kinda.. mommy dommy? Don’t blame her for being apprehensive about working with the demons especially when Ike lied about his identity from the start. Taking out the pirates plaguing Xenobia in exchange for trade relations sounds like a fair deal, but adding Yuria and Ike marriage to the deal came out of nowehere lol

I must be blind cause I see zero similarities between Yuria and Satie other than their personality, def don’t look like “spitting images” but whatever. The pirates kidnapping Satie really sealed their fates because Ike is going to raise hell to get his maid back. Guess it’s a good thing Lilith didn’t come in the end lol

Yet another cliffhanger..
Marinate1016Aug 21, 12:38 PM
Aug 21, 2:30 PM

Feb 2015
Holy damn these pirates are doing a metric ton of damage if it amounts to the annual budget of the city

I would have though Satie would be able to tell right away she was on a ship from the rocking, but I guess she probably hasn't been on a ship before so maybe not.

And we are now officially on the harem route
Aug 21, 3:02 PM

Jan 2016
That's honestly terrifying, what is she even supposed to do here stuck on a boat with a bunch of murdering rapists.
Federation leader is right, in the realm of arranged marriage culture. Ike having her daughter is very advantageous.
Saiti unlucky.
4/5, probably my most annoyed thing is how people immediately started obeying Ike without any apparent reason to.

Aug 21, 4:02 PM
Oct 2022
I think the pirates just screwed up by taking Satie. Ike is about to obliterate them.
Aug 21, 5:01 PM

May 2019
I wonder if Satie and Yuria are related and were separated when they were both babies because they do look very similar. About the marriage proposal, I do agree with Ike in that discussion of marriage is way too soon as he was there to negotiate a trade agreement but I understand the reasoning from Xenobia's leader's point of view. Nonetheless, hopefully taking care of the pirates will be good enough for now.

Back to Satie, I think she must've felt a bit of jealousy when she saw both Yuria and Ike talking but right now she needs to be rescued. Maybe her and Ike have a telepathic connection with each other that will allow him to find her quicker, we'll see.
Aug 21, 7:07 PM
Apr 2024
I knew something will happen to Satie the moment they keep saying she looks exactly like Yuria, even though I can't tell at all.
Aug 21, 10:13 PM

Mar 2013
Someone kidnapped Satie... Please no NTR... 😭😭😭
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 22, 2:02 AM

Dec 2018
What a...frustrating episode. I can't wait for the next, but this one was really irritating for numerous reasons.
Aug 22, 9:41 AM
Jul 2024
Reply to LilyVarbik
That's honestly terrifying, what is she even supposed to do here stuck on a boat with a bunch of murdering rapists.
Federation leader is right, in the realm of arranged marriage culture. Ike having her daughter is very advantageous.
Saiti unlucky.
4/5, probably my most annoyed thing is how people immediately started obeying Ike without any apparent reason to.
@LilyVarbik Ikke specifically asked for men and equipment. They would've been instructed to heed his orders – within reason, at least.
Aug 22, 11:33 AM

Feb 2011
kinda boring episode but the cliffhanger was pretty exciting.

3/5

Aug 22, 1:03 PM
Oct 2022
The negotiations between Ike-sama and King of Alliances are going pretty well. If Ike-sama married Yuira Octava, he would have a lot of advantages. Her mother seems quite strong.

It is true that Satie looks a lot like Yuira, but they are not twins. The Redbeard Pirates made a huge mistake, poor Satie. I really want for her to be saved by Ike.

The animation, OP and ED themes are awesome.
Aug 23, 2:45 AM

Jun 2020
Marrying a human gonna cause a lot of problems I actually see less good in especially looking at her she is not the smartest one
Aug 23, 1:08 PM
Dec 2022
I watched just for fun. The main character is just popped out with a very interesting life story, but he's strong in every way. I don't think this is absolutely normal when you are just a mere human. I can'twait what comes next!
Aug 25, 9:13 PM
Sep 2008
This anime show a lot of awful and cringy stereotypes in bad anime, the awful op Mr perfect MC,the worse romance and insert harem, plus the lackluster animation.
Aug 28, 9:38 AM
Jan 2022
I know that isekai tend to give the MCs all the woman but in this series they took this a lil to far like there is no mention of any men other then our mc and all the female characters are just there to flirt or trying to have intercourse with our mc this is starting to annoy me a Lil ... and y does the pirate king look like monkey d Roger😂
Yesterday, 7:43 AM

Oct 2017
Xenobia's leader, Eltria is pretty. Either Satie is their long lost daughter or Yuria is adopted cause Satie and Yuria are most likely related. Yuria's bold, already confession and marriage. Ike gotta save Satie fast.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28

28 by Brucifer1 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17

37 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10

37 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14

26 by levibigass »»
Aug 28, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7

30 by levibigass »»
Aug 28, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.