Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 31, 2:15 AM

Oct 2017
Alya nyan, lolz.

Pretty much an episode out of any typical romcom with mc promising to support fmc in achieving her dream. Not bad but I was expecting to know more on why he suddenly wanted to help Alya become prez and not help Yuki. Specially after showing us the flashback of Yuki wanting him by her side forever. So why did he decide to leave his sister and support Alya instead?

Alya already confessing lol but Masachika had Masha in his mind. Can relate though, been charmed by her too.
Jul 31, 2:10 PM

Mar 2008
Very cute episode, they’re already so in love πŸ₯° Also, didn’t expect to hear Hare Hare Yukai in 2024 as an official ending, very nice nostalgia trip πŸ‘
Jul 31, 10:44 PM

Aug 2014
YUKI IS THE BEST GIRL!!!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
β™‘ What I Watch This Season
β™‘ Best Character & WAIFU This Season
β™‘ Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jul 31, 10:53 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to Ravarae
YUKI IS THE BEST GIRL!!!
Ravarae said:
YUKI IS THE BEST GIRL!!!

You should watch Episode 5 ASAP.
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Aug 1, 1:20 PM

Aug 2020
Russian wife singing the Haruhi theme made my day. Masachika always proving to be handy.

Aug 1, 1:47 PM

Nov 2020
I was literally snoozin through this episode until I heard Haruhi. I actually got jumpscared.
Aug 4, 2:37 AM
Feb 2024
Another great episode, really looking forward to seeing this play out.

Really surprised by 'Hare Hare Yukai' making a reappearance as an ED in this show. Didn't think I'd hear that one again...and making me feel old at the same time.
Aug 5, 7:30 AM
Jun 2024
ll jh j lkj lkh jkghg jhg
Aug 5, 6:21 PM

Jan 2022
Kuze really came to save the day. I can't believe he almost walked away and left Alya by herself lmao. Bro has the cutest girl in this entire anime in the palm of his hand for him to just think about another girl, bruh. Why doesn't Kuze just tell Alya that he knows Russian? And why hasn't Alya realized he knows Russian?? She straight up told him, she loves him.

I don't like Masha, I'm not sure how others like her. Well, Masha is officially Alya's rival.

No way I'm like the only person who doesn't know "Hare Hare Yukai"
cooldogmomAug 5, 6:26 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 6, 1:27 PM

Jul 2009
As soon as the ED started I immediately turned to my friend and started to ask "Is this..?" And ofc, it was. Awesome throwback, kind of sad they didn't include any of the dance but maybe theirs some red tape about this stuff I don't know about. Cool stuff either way
Aug 7, 12:03 AM

Oct 2013
Cute episode. Alya's Russian sounded good, even great if compared to the previous episodes.

Kuze saved Alya from a problematic situation and joined the student council afterwards.

This episode would've been perfect, with that love confession at the end, if not that powerful slap. Just when I wanted to think of Alya in a different way, she became not only bland, but simply mid character in my eyes, heh. Masha is way better match for Kuze, in my opinion.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Aug 7, 6:11 PM

May 2015
I didn't expect a conflict between the soccer club and baseball club to have so many moving parts. Even an aspect of star crossed lovers thrown in the mix. Masachika was cool for getting Alya out of that jam.
Aug 7, 11:10 PM

Aug 2019
Awww this show really knows how to create some of the sweetest moments possible, Masachika joining the student council after much thought and eventually settling his aim to help Ayla was nice.
ο»Ώ
ο»ΏBorderline love confession already as well ayo? Even if it was in another language they both understood but Ayla was unbeknownst of Masachika understanding it, the reveal still shocked me, girl was very direct with her feelings. Honestly that entire scene was great, like Masachika was actually cooking with those lines and aced all his charisma checks for the deliveries that i can't help but respect his efforts.
ο»Ώ
Watching the ending and Ayla finally mentally catching up to her actions was funny and cute, watching the embarrassment ο»Ώseep in and for her to start making imaginary scenarios of actually confessing to Masachika only to get rejected feels like peak romance.
ο»ΏMasha do be cooking something slightly devious, she's managed to slip her way into this romance and i'm looking forward what she's going to do in it.
ο»Ώ
ο»ΏAlso i just clocked that the show has different ending themes each episodes, that's actually some amazing production quality that i gotta respect the studio for.
Aug 8, 3:39 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Is this becoming quintessential quintuplets, minus 3? Kuze realizing that it could be one of the sisters who was his crush all those years ago, and not knowing exactly which one it was??

It was nice to see Kuze and save Alya when she was in the depths of despair attempting to mediate the two sports teams. Although I would've prefer him to somehow HELP her, rather than just taking care of everything altogether. And heck, he didn't REALLY solve the problem itself... rather he just kicked the baseball team to the curb by essentially bribing them with girls and girlfriend. But hey if they can still accomplish their practice time then it doesn't matter I suppose, they'll just have to walk a bit further I guess? At the end of the day Kuze did calm the dispute down, but it was only possible because he knew the players in said dispute, and was able to manipulate them because of what he knew about them. That could've be an interesting lesson for Alya, that sometimes, or pretty much all the time, it really helps in knowing people to help with settling their differences. Can't always personally know everyone on a deep intimate level every time you try to mediate, but it opens up a good reason for her to open up herself a little more and connect with others. Idk, at least the main thing we needed was carried through in that Alya looked up to Kuze even a little more now, and that it lead to him finally agreeing to join the student council, which lead to his declaration to always be by her side... whatever that could mean. :)

This show is so much better with Kuze understanding Russian. Had he not, then he may have been just another dense mc. Although I think not, he seems pretty smart and able to pick up on things. Either way, it is crystal clear to him what Alya's feelings are toward him, I'm sure. The question is, what does he do with such knowledge.

It's been a while since I watched it, but if I'm not tripping, did they actually do one of themes of Haruhi Suzumiya as the ending for this episode??!! If only they animated them dancing as well, that would've been not just the icing on the cake but the cake itself. But I get it, they're already doing a different ed for every episode as far as I can tell, gotta save some budget. Plus they already went pretty crazy with the opening's visuals already.

And wow, sure it's just a peck on the cheek, but I genuinely wasn't expecting something of such high caliber so soon. And yes of course can't forget hand-holding, we got a bit of that here too. Heck we got hand-squeezing- or no scratch that, hand-CRUSHING!!! Wait a minute, Alya basically admitted her feelings to Kuze, and I'm not talking about her "I love you" in Russian. She literally asked Kuze if he was thinking about another girl in the moment. That means she's jealous. That means she likes him. Wtf, did she not realize she slipped up there, or am I making too big a deal out of it, idk
BetaMaleUltraAug 8, 3:54 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 8, 7:54 AM
Sep 2021
Kuze joins the student council once again this time to help Alya win the president spot.
Aug 8, 4:55 PM

Mar 2024
Yet another cute episode. Ayla is so adorable, her love confession in Russian was very cute. I do agree with the people loving Masha, she’s so incredibly sweet.
Aug 9, 12:29 AM

Jul 2022
Alya clearly still lacks leadership skills. The real proof is a small dispute occurred, but she was unable to resolve the problem quickly and effectively by herself. But fortunately, Kuze came to save the day with his brilliant ideas and leadership skills.

Aug 9, 12:24 PM
Nov 2021
Bro they just streching out the story why can't they do a horimiya
Aug 9, 8:48 PM
Jun 2024
it`s very exciting
Aug 12, 7:58 AM
Apr 2024
Masachika for the save!!
Aug 14, 12:23 PM
Original Denjin

Nov 2008
Wow, they used the ending Theme from Haruhi Suzumiya, “Hare Hare Yukai”. And I saw that Kadokawa was one of the producers of this, so it makes sense that they were able to do this.

They didn’t do the Haruhi dance, but it was interesting seeing the characters in street clothes like that instead.
Aug 15, 6:26 PM
Sep 2008
loool the ending song from haruhi suzumiya XDDDD i was like wait why it sounds like a song from 15 years ago xDD
Aug 16, 12:27 PM

Mar 2010
damn to think she would confess and not know she actually confessed what a thing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 16, 12:36 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to Rasco
damn to think she would confess and not know she actually confessed what a thing.
@Rasco That's how deep her love for him is. It transcends the passage of time.
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Aug 16, 8:32 PM

Feb 2019
I did not expect Hare Hare Yukai
Aug 17, 10:50 AM

Aug 2008
came here for hare hare yukai. very random, but I teared up a bit.
Aug 19, 9:48 AM
Aug 2022
I thought it was cute :3
Aug 19, 1:49 PM
May 2022
I like their interactions sm! but the plot is tooo cliche
Aug 19, 6:42 PM

Aug 2012
It's nice to have an MC who is actually likeable and not a complete pussy - already got a kiss 4 episodes in instead of the last scene of ep 12 & stuff is actually happening. THIS MIGHT BE THE ROMCOM WE'VE NEEDED - cus boy its been dry
Aug 21, 11:47 AM

Aug 2015
Worth 5 stars just for the ending song alone, totally unexpected.
Aug 24, 1:27 AM

Mar 2008
Alya crying out for help was done in such a sad desperate voice it made me a little teary

Aw little cheek kiss.

Hah I figured she blurted out loving him ending confirmed.
Aug 25, 2:38 AM
Aug 2024
average ehhhhh nothing special
Aug 26, 6:23 PM

May 2021
Not one person there thought of the concept of alternate days. Also Alya, for future advice, just talk to the leaders. Won't have to deal with the mayhem.

Also, someone tell me why every small incident is a near-traumatic event for Alya. Perfectionist?

Aug 26, 11:21 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to RioFS
Not one person there thought of the concept of alternate days. Also Alya, for future advice, just talk to the leaders. Won't have to deal with the mayhem.

Also, someone tell me why every small incident is a near-traumatic event for Alya. Perfectionist?
@RioFS Looks like you binged half of the show.
Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Dec 2009
The end of this episode gave me 'nam flashbacks. It's 2006 all over again.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» It’s not the same πŸ˜”

Ayther - Yesterday

22 by DragyG »»
20 minutes ago

» Season 2 ( 1 2 )

martingunnarsson - Aug 30

63 by Lucizkun »»
1 hour ago

» Preview of Episode 10.

aurora_yuuki - Aug 30

16 by aurora_yuuki »»
6 hours ago

» Opening has Your Lie in April references?

griddyweeb - Yesterday

12 by aurora_yuuki »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Aug 28

289 by Barrycade »»
12 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.