Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
I think it's safe to say that Vanessa is Kai's toughest challenge/fight in the series so far. Given not only her transformation but the sheer amount of power, she's no pushover. I just wish they built her character more before they introduced her into the show.

Nonetheless, this gave us a better look at how powerful a demon can be in their world. It gave us a glimpse of what humanity is up against.
Aug 3, 8:48 AM

Dec 2021
Yep, this is most definitely a Kei Sazane anime. Used the same excuse of "Oh sId sAvEd mE AgAiN"...

Don't know where the show would go from here, considering all that's pretty much left to do is for Kai to go back to his world.

Aug 3, 8:51 AM

Jul 2017
The rematch between Vanessa, Kai and Rinne is one of the most intense moments from the series to date, though this comes at the huge cost of even higher stakes.

Vanessa one-shotting Kai, to Rinne, evokes her spirit power of the 5 races, though she gets too cocky at its execution enough for Vanessa to already have a backup plan should she come up with a ridiculous plan like this. And this may be plot convenience, but Kai getting up from his unconsciousness after being saved by Code Holder again to stand against Vanessa, his original goal still stands that she must be defeated, to show the power of humans that they won the war before, and every ounce of effort to make sure that they have the one-up against the Dark Empress, it's all worth it at the end.

Vanessa recalling Hero Sid's World Reincarnation altercation and his sword that's to purge the correction, it's this zero code that he is not aware of that will change the guise of the world before him. And even as he celebrates the defeat of Vanessa, the hero of the demons, the Urza Federation has reclaimed their city, though Jeanne has other plans to help other federations tackle their own heroic monsters to finish another altercation of the Great War of the 5 Races, and for that, she needs Kai's help, which he accepts willingly, even if he doesn't proclaim himself as the Prophet Sid.

Yeap, this show has got my attention full-on now. I'm heavily invested in this world.
Aug 3, 9:06 AM

Mar 2013
The battle was borderline decent but Rinne's voice and courage were somehow lovely.

Animation were lacking here and there as always, but what a promising story this is.

I'm expecting for more.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 3, 10:19 AM
Jul 2024
This is by far the strongest anime in this season for me. It's usually all about the characters for a shonen/isekai anime for me, and Kai basically checks off all the boxes. My biggest concern was that Kai was being too "ordained" as the hero. It was like Cid's sword made the man, rather than the man making the sword. It still kind of is that way, but this episode seemed self-aware of that and made it so that Kai defeated Venessa by having to let go of the sword momentarily, and I was super impressed with that. This is a very good anime if you like fast-paced stuff too, although, the way the story is going, it definitely seems like something that can only have one season, as the story is very straightforward (maybe too straightforward).
Aug 3, 10:37 AM
Apr 2023
"Why don't we release a fanmade episode into an official one?" 😂

I had this thought while watching the episode.

Sid- I mean Kai's blood flowing from somewhere on his arm got me Lol. Many other bad animation everywhere, and cuts animation budget which is oretty evident. It feels like they crammed this in a day or two just to release on time.
I just hope they got back up to the previous episodes' animation quality

I like the mystery aspect of the anime, but if they continue with this seven deadly sins animation quality, I might drop it

Just as when I suggested the anime to my brother, who previously watched Ragna Crimson, despite the "okay" animation, but not this bad. 😂
Aug 3, 10:49 AM
Feb 2020
Holy- theres the scuffed animation i was expecting.Especially stuff with the blood dripping moment when Vanessa clawed Rinne hand just dissapeared for some reason.Or when its oozing from Vanessa then cut to her completely clean and blood alr dripped down just spawned in lol.
Aug 3, 11:05 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Builder45
Holy- theres the scuffed animation i was expecting.Especially stuff with the blood dripping moment when Vanessa clawed Rinne hand just dissapeared for some reason.Or when its oozing from Vanessa then cut to her completely clean and blood alr dripped down just spawned in lol.
@Builder45 It's a power point show in ep4 already..I just hope this is because of the Olympic Games, otherwise I am really scared of what might happen next.
Aug 3, 11:06 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Builder45
@Builder45 It's a power point show in ep4 already..I just hope this is because of the Olympic Games, otherwise I am really scared of what might happen next.
Aug 3, 11:23 AM
Jan 2022
wow, did not expect the animation to be so poor so soon
Aug 3, 12:40 PM

Dec 2018
The world building opportunities here are insane, and I liked this episode. I want to know who Sid was and what he meant. And yes the animation was terrible but I'm intrigued by the story so far.
Aug 3, 12:50 PM
Jan 2021
Still don't understand the score on this one. It's just not good.
Aug 3, 12:54 PM

Feb 2019
Story wise this was the best episode by far. Lot of massive lore points dropped and some big world building we have a goal in mind now. The big let down was just how much of a downgrade the production values were from last episode. Looking at the LN for this and seeing it finished 4 years ago and only ran for 3 is pretty funny considering how long Kimisen has been going and this is way better lmao.

Anyway, last ep I praised this show for having no business looking as good as it did for the Vanessa and Kai fight and then they end up regressing tremendously for the Rinne and Vanessa fight today.. that aside, still really enjoyed it and now I’m desperately wanting more. Rinne’s “true form” was really cool. And that wasn’t even the full extent of her abilities because of that magical hex Vanessa had in place. There’s a reason she was chained up in that pocket dimension, someone is afraid of her and based on what we’ve seen, rightfully so.

RIP Vanessa, you will be missed. Showed up and in one episode stole my heart, not to mention having been the best source of information since the show started. She and Sid definitely had a little more going on than just rivals in that other timeline. If it’s one thing Sazane sensei can do it’s write the star crossed lovers trope so wouldn’t surprise me if they were intimate at some point which is why he trusted her with the sword and info about world reincarnation.

I kinda thought that Sid might be Kai in a time loop paradox type situation where he leaves the sword for his younger self to find, but surely Vanessa would’ve remembered him? So maybe the clothes he’s wearing in that flashback are just meant to be a tease.

Now that we know it’s one of the other heroes who’s rewritten the world we are off to liberate the rest of the former human lands. This could be such a fun story and it’s kind of a bummer it’s only getting 12 eps. Them going around, linking up with resistance fighters and overthrowing the various races could be a fun ass long running anime but those days are sadly far gone in the modern anime industry.

Very excited to see where it goes in the next few episodes and more Jeanne!
Marinate1016Aug 3, 1:38 PM
Aug 3, 12:54 PM

Feb 2019
killzone3abc said:

It’s almost like people enjoy things that you don’t and don’t expect everything to be a masterpiece.
Aug 3, 1:01 PM

Jan 2024
No Venessa died😭😭
She has made the show actually entertaining, expected her to put better fight though. Kai tactics was very impressive.
Kai is actually Sid in some way maybe also that Elf/celestial hero may have something to do with this rewriting.
World building is fine, animation dropped off the cliff this epsiode though.
Aug 3, 1:11 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to WaterMage
No Venessa died😭😭
She has made the show actually entertaining, expected her to put better fight though. Kai tactics was very impressive.
Kai is actually Sid in some way maybe also that Elf/celestial hero may have something to do with this rewriting.
World building is fine, animation dropped off the cliff this epsiode though.
@WaterMage Yeah, I wish she could have lived. It seems like they might have a common enemy somewhere out there & she knew about it. But got caught up in the heat of battle & forgot. Even after destroying that abomination.
Aug 3, 1:14 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Sheol01
@WaterMage Yeah, I wish she could have lived. It seems like they might have a common enemy somewhere out there & she knew about it. But got caught up in the heat of battle & forgot. Even after destroying that abomination.
@Sheol01 I think she regained consciousness and memory after taking that hit from the sword. She said she has "history" with Sid maybe she comes back dk.
Aug 3, 1:18 PM
Oct 2022
The chapter was entertaining, but the animation was lacking to say the least.
There were a couple of moments where the mouth was still and the seiyuu was talking
Aug 3, 1:25 PM

Jan 2019
I read the manga a few years ago and I liked it and so I expected this would have decent animation but the "fighting" this episode is so disappointing. Animation quality is already going down and it's only been 4 episodes.
Aug 3, 1:43 PM
Feb 2022
This battle really fooled me... Well maybe just because I predicted everything, so it's partly my fault for knowing the clichés that would come...
Aug 3, 1:50 PM

Oct 2017
I hope we get to see Vanessa again, she even promised to make love to Kai. Kai being Sid is pretty much confirmed and code zero is prolly Rinne. I wonder how Kai's relationship with Jeanne will progress in this world.
Aug 3, 1:58 PM

Feb 2008
I have to agree with the world building is very interesting but I felt like the animation is kind of weak.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 3, 2:25 PM
Oct 2022
The World Reincarnation must be stopped. Kai is determined to find out who is behind all of this and make the world as it was before for everyone.

The Demon’s hero, Vanessa, has been defeated thanks to Rinne and Kai’s united forces. Vanessa underestimated way too much the power of humans and now she was defeated by one. Suddenly, she remembered about Sid and his sword.

Jeanne and Kai will do everything they can to reconstruct and improve the royal city and I expect a happy ending for everyone.
Aug 3, 2:49 PM
Jul 2014
I was half expecting Vanessa to join their group after being attacked by that weird cyborg thing that was apparently trying to enforce the world rewrite. But alas.

Now I'm wondering if it's going to turn out that Sid himself was the one that triggered the rewrite.
Aug 3, 3:14 PM

Nov 2009
Rinne going berserk to try and take down Vanessa.

But her power was already restricted.

Meanwhile... Kai pulls the "last second protag saving the girl" move.

And the truth of the world revealed.

The world shift was cause by someone. (which we already assumed back in ep 1)

And Sid foresaw it and had Vanessa help him "hide" the "sword" in the "Grave"

Meaning I was sorta right... I guess Sid did actually have some of the "heroes" back in the old world as his "harem" LOL

RIP Vanessa tho... she was hawt... and she would 100% just "have fun" with you if she could. (sadge... hopefully she isn't actuall "Ded-Ded")

Also... "Code Zero" huh... feels like that's a "reset magic" that caused everyone's memory to be reversed.

Going by the usual tropes, I can already see the future... Kai's going to be fighting all the other "heroes" one by one and just as they "die", they'll also reveal they were actually on good terms with Sid. And that Rinne is the "final product" to "save the world"
amlgAug 3, 3:22 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 3, 5:40 PM
Jan 2012
The animation went completely downhill
Aug 3, 6:20 PM
Apr 2024
Even though the animation went downhill, but the story kept it interesting enough.. will keep watching and hope for the best.
Aug 3, 8:13 PM
Jan 2024
rinne x kai progression
Aug 3, 10:07 PM

Nov 2021
RIP Vanessa. The music in this anime is actually pretty badass, though the animation during the fights is somewhat limited. I'm still liking it so far.
Aug 4, 12:29 AM

Jul 2008
So......Kai is Sid right?
Aug 4, 1:59 AM

Jan 2021
This all feels too fast paced. I feel like it could be massively better if they spent a considerable amount of time, building the world and characters, then having the whole "Take down Vanessa" operation. That way I would feel some emotional attachment to the characters, and will be hyped from the whole "Human spirit" scene.

Not taking the time to do so make what happened seems shallow.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Aug 4, 4:38 AM

Feb 2012
Vanessa: "I'll love you so hard, it'll bring you to tears." Kai's gotta rewind the world asap.
Aug 4, 6:37 AM
May 2021
Soundtracks are fire in this anime ngnl 🔥🔥, Story is really interesting man I wanna know everything about it. The animation slacked in this episode, I hope it will kinda improve later.
Aug 4, 6:38 AM
May 2021
yagakimilover said:
RIP Vanessa. The music in this anime is actually pretty badass, though the animation during the fights is somewhat limited. I'm still liking it so far.

True, the sound director was cooking hard
Aug 4, 12:03 PM

Jun 2016
vanessa in succubus mode will give more fight hard to kai probably
Aug 4, 12:32 PM

Apr 2009
A good conclusion to the fight with the demons, I liked that Vanessa actually put up a strong fight and knocked around Kai and Rinne. It was great to see a little bit of Rinne going all out, but I loved the teamwork it took to take finally down Vanessa.

Hopefully a rematch isn't just an idle threat, it was only a couple of episodes but Vanessa was a fun, powerful character. I was actually hoping she may team up with Kai when she mentioned she knew Sid and hid the sword.

Kai's revelation that he and Rinne were the only ones unaffected by the world rewrite seemed... dumb? I thought that was obvious from the start.

Kai and team going around fighting the other heroes from the other races sounds like it could be lots of fun. I wonder if there's enough time to do much of that with only 12 episodes, but then again the pace has been crazy quick and they already crossed the demon hero off their Kill Bill list so maybe.
Aug 4, 4:54 PM

Jul 2023
4 episodes to deal with the demons, so I expect 4 other episodes to deal with the other races.

It could be more than 12 episodes in a single season or a split cour. It's impossible to adequately tell the story in a single cour.
Aug 5, 3:33 AM

May 2021
projectno9... really reallyyy suck with their animation, I HATE them for ruining shows smh. but the plot is good enough to keep me going. would be cool if another studio can pick this up later (copium ik) because minamikawa can't save this.
tuff
Aug 5, 1:06 PM
Jul 2024
It was fine, I guess. I vaguely sort of like the main character and the world. I'm vaguely interested in the plot. None of it seems special or inspiring to me, but it's fine.
Aug 5, 11:59 PM

Mar 2016
All of you standard need to be lower for the animation quality departement in this day. There is NOTHING bad about it, it just fine 6/10 which i think are quite acceptable for non-popular title overall. You also need to adjust your animation quality expectation based on how big the studio are, there is NO way Project No.9 will able to produce animated stuff with for example Production IG animation standard lmao. At least in this near future.

For studio Project 09 overall produced. The animation was loot better compared with how horrendous the Buta no Liver (newest action-heavy anime they produced) animation was back then.

And lastly i quite liked the effect animation too.

Aug 6, 11:42 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to killzone3abc
@killzone3abc it's a solid 7.5 imo it's not special but it's fun
Aug 7, 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
wow that was kinda lame.
Aug 9, 6:49 PM
Aug 2023
I feel like kai should be on par with the heros or below them due to the code bringer since sid killed them with it
Sayge45Aug 9, 11:12 PM
Aug 9, 8:26 PM

Dec 2022
So one of the remaining 3 heroes has tempered with timeline. I think it has to be the celestial one, that's how normally this kind of stories goes.
Aug 9, 11:09 PM
Aug 2023
it was an ok episode for me. The animation was meh, and it was quite emotional, but I feel like kai should have held on longer before getting knocked out.the battle itself was just not satisfying for me
Aug 10, 2:07 AM
Mar 2024
i like story about main character
Aug 10, 1:07 PM
Nov 2013
Jesus christ. Every scene was done by a different person and then just blindly stitched together by an incompetent clown. not even 9 minutes in and I already want to drop this poor excuse for an anime. From something so promising in the first 3 episodes to fall off this hard it makes aldnoah zero look like a masterpiece.

Aug 18, 9:55 AM
Aug 2018
It sounds tropey but i wish we had some back story on Vanesa so we can understand what the heck happened last episode with the weird entity that tried to wipe her out. She seemed to know way more then she revealed and her fight though cool was over way to fast imo. ill probably wait for a bit and let a back log build so i can binge it.
Aug 19, 9:22 PM
Jul 2023
dip in quality from episode 3, how disappointing

I'll still keep watching since it's somewhat interesting but like someone else said, each scene looks like it was drawn by outsourcing and stiched together with no quality check
Aug 20, 4:24 PM
Jan 2016
interesting the fight between the main character and the demon
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Some questions about the world-building (possible spoilers)

RudeRedis - Oct 14

6 by Alex_baka04 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21

21 by Noegusis »»
Oct 13, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28

37 by Deru_021 »»
Oct 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27

38 by nanajp »»
Oct 11, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 20

62 by nanajp »»
Oct 11, 6:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.