Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 25, 10:32 PM
Mar 2024
I really like Stark, although he is very cowardly but he is not willing to leave the village even though he can
Mar 26, 7:02 AM
Mar 2018
I knew Stark would come through, but damn, he really outperformed my expectations! His fight against the dragon was awesome, no wonder Eisen got scared of him!
Mar 26, 3:53 PM
Jul 2016
Coming in to marathon the series, this episode just rocked. I didn't expect much about animation from the first few episodes but that dragon fight scene... it was fire!
Mar 28, 6:48 PM
Jun 2023
Lo mejor que he visto en más de 10 años consumiendo anime.
Mar 29, 5:55 PM
Oct 2019
love this anime so much
Mar 30, 8:06 AM

Jan 2014
I feel bad for the dragon tbh
Mar 31, 5:55 AM

Jul 2013
Northern Lands huh does that mean they will battle more over there? I won't say no to that
Mar 31, 11:05 AM
Jan 2023
Jalan cerita yang luar biasa, saya sangat menyukainya, cerita yang ringan
Apr 2, 10:34 AM
Mar 2024
Great story
So epic history
Best of the best
Apr 7, 10:41 AM
Mar 2024
teaches about importance of fear and priorities
Apr 17, 12:15 AM

Oct 2022
Dying is a minor thing. She switched up her entire opinion so fast. Your training isn’t going to fail you. She can’t stop projecting her scale of time onto others. He resembles his masters fear. The dragon has been distracted for over 30 seconds but maybe her preparation is attention grabbing. Or she was planning on breaking her promise if she was wrong. She is constantly flexing how old she is but doesn’t like being called old. She shows emotion for treasure. She does not have the character trait of silly. Bad girl. Fortunately they realized that she shouldn’t have changed her opinion and she has changed it back. They better not stay here for 2 years. (They definitely have the ability to get over a simple wall, they are making the choice to stay here. Good they at least explained it.) those 10 years meant more. I am more than down for a ridiculous journey, but this is not been what has been happening so far. She is shocked by Anouther obvious outcome. They lie about risking their lives to get out of there.
Apr 18, 6:14 AM
Apr 2022
Awww.... poor Stark :(
Apr 20, 4:58 AM
Feb 2021
"So small" I can't stop laughing
Apr 20, 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
Now She almost get the new team that can support her journey.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 5, 10:50 AM
Dec 2023
animation with this episode was so good especially during the dragon part!!!
May 6, 12:01 PM

Apr 2013
Holy mother of... what an episode. That fight was insane and Stark really proved his worth right there. Second part was also great, is Fern teasing Stark already and smiling a bit afterwards? Stark also shows good analytic skills, trying every possibility available to get through that gate. I already like him.
May 8, 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, Stark proved his years of being Eisen's apprentice. Make your master proud!
May 8, 6:31 PM
Apr 2024
I will give the highest rating for this anime because I think this anime really deserves it
May 11, 5:27 PM

Jul 2021
The conversation between Stark and Fern at the start of the episode was quite nice and i love the interactions between Fern and Stark. Fern talking about her first encounter with a monster and her getting scared before she got the will power to kill the monster, it was nice. Stark training by cutting the mountain is quite cool and he is one strong lad.

Stark being the disciple of Eisen is cool and i love seeing the flashbacks of when Stark was younger and him wnating Eisen to tell him about the journey with the heroes party is quite nice and i always like seeing the flashbacks.

Them being stuck in the town had me worried but i guess it was all for nothing because it turns out they let them threw with out much trouble. The fight against the dragon was quite nice and seeing Stark take it down by him self was nice and its quite nice how powerful he truly is.

May 12, 7:44 PM
Jan 2022
Amazing scene with the dragon
May 25, 1:39 AM
Apr 2021
Who knew such a chill anime like Frieren could be this hype? To be honest, I don’t know why I’ve been putting this anime off so much. It's very healing. And the characters are all really likeable.
Jun 19, 2:17 AM
Feb 2022
Maybe I was just too damn tired, but this one didn't really do anything for me.
Jun 23, 1:52 AM

Mar 2015
Stark is now one of the party, and I love the chemistry between them all!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 21, 5:56 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Oh well that was kinda unexpected was it oO Wonder if 1 - 2 will join the trip though

Jul 31, 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
How can this anime be so good, for real, the animation during the battle between Stark and the Dragon was amazing!
Interesting how we can see that the Dragon was actually a coward too like Stark, since he knew Stark was stronger than him, and was afraid to come back to the village because of that.
After Fern's words and experience, Stark was able to understand that is normal to feel fear, and his master Eisen was actually really afraid of the battles too, and Stark's resemblence of Eisen actually impresses Frieren. Then Stark just straight up kills the dragon, without even realizing it, in 30 seconds, like the plan was supposed to be. That scene was so well done, and shows that even if he was able to be so strong, Stark was still afraid and wanted Frieren's help, although it wasn't needed. But I think it was important for Stark to be him to kill the dragon, because he showed himself that he's capable of defending the village. And once again, his care for the village showcases his kindness too. After that, we see that Stark joins Friera's party, and they continue the journey together, and it feels great to see the party grow!

FERN WAS RUTHLESS THOUGH. With the new spell learned, Fern was able to see people without their clothes, and used it on Friera, but also straight up looked at Stark, and said "It's so small" POOR GUY, HE WAS JUST BUILDING CONFIDENCE TOO. No, but for real, this scene was so funny and unexpected, I feel like I'm gonna love Stark and Fern's relationship!
Right after they get stuck in a town, because they aren't letting people get to the northern area, and Frieren seems to take advantage of that, because she wants to learn new spells. and 2 years is nothing for her. With this, we get the wholesome quest of Fern and Stark to find a way to proceed, and the way Fern asked if he wanted to wait 2 years, and Stark said no, and Fern straight out said "Oh good, you're normal" xD It just shows how she has been questioning everytime Frieren just spends so much time on some quests, like time isn't valuable (and for Frieren, it really isn't that much), and I'm glad Fern has now another human in the party, and that is important for Fern I believe. We also got to know that, even though Stark thinks his master hates him (which isn't true, he attacked him, because he was actually afraid of Stark, for how good he is), Stark still wants to partake on this adventure and come back to his master to tell him the story, so he can't spend too much time on it!

After all that quest, that was one of the best parts of the episode, alongside the Dragon battle and the "Small Stark" joke, in my opinion, we get to see that the city is actually letting them go through the border quite easily, because they're the party of the legendary Frieren, so yeah, there it goes Frieren's plans of studying some new spells for some time, it was actually quite a quick resolution to Fern and Stark's quest!

I loved this episode so much, and I'm really curious to see how Stark's dynamics are going to affect the party! This anime has been so wholesome, it's comfy, exciting, funny and emotional all at the same time. Amazing, really, can't wait to see more!
Aug 12, 3:09 PM
Jan 2017
Fantastic episode to introduce Stark properly and show his motivations and the kind of person he is.
Aug 14, 7:53 AM
Jan 2021
"Fear has brought me this far"
Aug 31, 3:08 PM

Mar 2024
so small..... lol
Sep 5, 4:40 PM

Oct 2022
MORE TALKING. So he talks in his own version of a bland monotone like everyone else. My mind drifted almost immediately, and then I saw he had some memory where the generic dwarf fella punched him for some reason. I should have reversed it to find out what he was talking about- but realized if I did, I'd be extending how much time I'd have to spend listening to this bland dialogue so I couldn't be bothered.

At least the fight this Stark kid did against the dragon was okay. Totally generic in every way, nothing you haven't seen before. But his surprise he had taken it down was interesting.
But that slightly interesting few moments was quickly followed by MORE SLOWLY WALKING AROUND AND TALKING IN MONOTONE.

It was so boring and typical of this show, my mind wandered again and I started thinking about how to make it more interesting:
Like if I was Stark in this show, I imagined myself saying to Fern that I want to go to the Black Market and Thieves guild and let's take Frieren along. We'd sit down like real adventurers and order us some stiff drinks. Then I say: "Frieren, I want you to show some emotion so we can have fun, so tell me a joke."
Frieren: "No"
Stark (Me) "Okay then." stands up and walks over to the biggest most shady looking group at a nearby table- "Hey see that pointy eared chick over there with the frown? She said you're gay."
They get up and start yelling- "Hey what's the big idea! Who do you think you are sista?"
And Frieren calmly looks at them and has to use some magic or something to knock them back. Some tables get busted, glass shatters, and the dudes are on the floor.
Then I smile- "That's awesome Frieren. Thanks for entertaining me. This is an anime after all."
Then I blinked and realized none of that had happened, and they were just walking in the other direction with some petals flying around, and she looks just as bored and boring as she did at the beginning. sigh........
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Does Sense not make sense to anyone else?

SoulessAnime - Yesterday

25 by er_ror »»
1 hour ago

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Sep 22

146 by LegnaronG17 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

305 by Seygneur »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » thankyou, frieren. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Aug 12

50 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

345 by subahokke »»
Sep 25, 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.