Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 27, 3:14 AM

Oct 2016
The show panning to Rimuru's admirers including Diablo fucking killed me lmao, Diablo is best girl.

Damn, Hakuro got a whole family we did not know about at all, even he, did not know about it lmao.

Benimaru the rizzler. The boys really had a discussion about harems, you'll get yours too someday Gabiru and Geld, we don't need to talk about Souei.

You'd think Kaede is still healthy the way she looking fine, damn it Rimuru, give her some magicules.
Jul 27, 4:04 AM

Jan 2024
Benimaru my man finally leveled up.
Two women fighting over him + many more intrested. Harem so big even made Rimuru jealous. Poor Gabiriu feel bad for him.
Hakuro what a Chad though. Momoji is cute too.
Benimaru looks like pull a Rudeus and double wield fox-loli & snake-onesan.
Jul 27, 4:46 AM

Jul 2013
At least it's not a meeting episode. I mean it's mostly not a meeting episode
Jul 27, 4:55 AM

Jul 2017
The arrival of the Tengu's daughter Momiji to Tempest, with a backstory from Benimaru and his group's meeting to expand Tempest of the request to meet the Tengu and cut through a hole of the sacred Tengu mountains, things weren't as good for first impressions through negotiation as envoys passing through sacred land, with Albis almost being killed. But for Momiji's mother of Elder Kaede to reveal how she met the Sword Savant of Byakura Araki a.k.a Hakuro, Benimaru is faced with something unexpected: a marriage proposal to Momiji.

And that brings the situation to now where Momiji faces Rimuru, though when it comes to the former Demon Lord Frey wanting to invade their space, it's indeed a deadlock, but it's thankfully a misunderstanding where the loss of Clayman exposes competition for the neighbouring competing lands. Of course, the legend husband comes back from Falmuth finally seeing his daughter in the flesh and the wife's request to train the daughter, Albis is the unexpected addition to Benimaru's harem of suitors...if only Rimuru didn't dig his grave with Shion, Shuna and Diablo. The harem talk is just too hilarious, especially on Gabiru's side of admirers being just men. But back to serious business, Benimaru only needs one spouse...and Rimuru's fight from Shion and Shuna...the Love and Battle harem is an interesting angle to add to Tempest.

Diplomacy aside, it's fun showing a side of Tempest not expected.
Jul 27, 4:58 AM
Oct 2019
From Hakuro had a daugther into Benimaru Harem LMAO
Jul 27, 5:46 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This episode is so fun.

Revelation about Moniji being Hakuro's daughter and Benimaru actually have harem around him all this time is so interesting

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 27, 7:56 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to arvin_1219
@Scootboi god forbid an isekai anime can't expand on it's harem/romance elements. also ecchi? this bozo is watching the anime while his eyes are closed lmao
@arvin_1219

blud this anime has turned into an absolute carcass of what it was. awesome fights, character development, and good moments.

now it's just a bunch of people sitting at a table for 9 episodes, one fight, and back to the table

I'm not "watching it with my eyes closed" you invalid, i'm critiquing it for being dog shit compared to what it was.

Jul 27, 8:19 AM
Jan 2016
honestly, the part where Benimaru almost fainted crack me up XD
Jul 27, 8:24 AM
Jun 2007
Hakuro has a daughter. Inter racial, her daughter doesnt resemble his dad at all.
Now let the various love battle begin!
Jul 27, 8:41 AM
Dec 2009
Reply to Scootboi
@arvin_1219

blud this anime has turned into an absolute carcass of what it was. awesome fights, character development, and good moments.

now it's just a bunch of people sitting at a table for 9 episodes, one fight, and back to the table

I'm not "watching it with my eyes closed" you invalid, i'm critiquing it for being dog shit compared to what it was.
@Scootboi I think as the world grows you need more spacing between the action to set everything up. The anime is mostly just following the novel. If new friendly characters just get introduced in 5 seconds then you won't care about them when Rimiru murders them in anger later.
Jul 27, 9:20 AM
Oct 2015
The greatest thing about this Slime's season is that it made me give up watching season animes as they are being released, no way I would be watching this mildly entertaining slop if it wasn't for the fact I just need to come watch it once a week.
Jul 27, 9:53 AM
Sep 2023
TheCommoner said:
I have been following this show since it first aired in 2018. I loved the premise and the general vibe of that first season. It became a bit much in season two when the story felt very stretched thin and over the top. Especially with conversations going nowhere and ridiculous plot points that had little to no bearing on the story - or just that they were poorly written.

Still I overlooked all of that because it was entertaining. I got through all of season two and enjoyed myself. Which is the most important thing.

Now onto season three, sixteen episodes in, I can honestly say I am done with the show. The meetings, conversations, and constant exposition that is happening right now could have been cut in half and you would not have lost the essence of whatever is supposed to be going on. This is just the show runners trying to fill up the episode runtime with vacuous nonsense. Frustratingly. they have great story material right in front of them that they could be taking advantage of but are not. Even if the people who have read ahead were to tell me it was all going somewhere and the show was about to drastically pick up I am not sure I would continue on.

Another glaring issue is the whole series now has an identity crisis and cannot figure out what genre it is in - because of that its writing really suffers. Speaking of writing. In a show as dialogue heavy as this you really have to know how to write dialogue that keeps people engaged. This is not happening. Some of the most ridiculous comments defending this writing that I have seen from people are those who say "wait until it has all aired and then binge watch it". Why would you binge watch a season, twenty four episodes long, to ignore half of it. That is not the definition of a binge worthy show.

Agree or not, I am glad there are people who are enjoying the show but this clearly is not for me anymore.

Thanks for explaining your decision that maturely.

ngl the toxic comments I read about this seasons quality (from both sides btw) drive me crazy, so this is quite refreshing!
I hope you'll have fun with other great anime this season!
Jul 27, 10:59 AM
Apr 2016
Reply to Scootboi
what does this anime/author want this to be?

a new harem? a fighting anime? an army anime? ecchi? im completely lost now.

1/5 for me. horrible episode.
@Scootboi It's a nation building anime. If you haven't understood it yet, maybe you should focus on shonen.
Jul 27, 12:10 PM

Apr 2009
That was a fun episode. The Tengu are by far the most interesting of the new races we've met in the last couple episodes. Momiji's an entertaining mix of strength, regal, and youthful inexperience so she'll make a solid addition to the group. Hakuro instantly stepping into the role of concerned father and leaning on Benimaru was hilarious. I hope he goes and sees Kaede at some point though.

I loved the bro chat about women and harems that broke out in the middle of the formal audience. The ogre chicks have been competing over Rimiru forever, so people complaining about "what does this show want to be?" like it's new haven't been paying attention. The only bad thing when it goes nowhere forever and the dude's just flustered, so if we're doing that twice as much with Benimaru in the mix that'll get old quick.

I loved the tonal shifts. We went from diplomacy to a brief fight to Kaede spilling her guts about her life and daughter to playing things for a bunch of laughs. I'm cool with that, keeps things interesting. What's the show about? What does it want to be? All of it and everything, hopefully.

Jul 27, 1:48 PM

Mar 2010
Love was in da air, damn we need more of this.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 27, 3:11 PM
Aug 2022
Cringe, nothing happened
Jul 27, 5:28 PM
Dec 2013
After getting half way through this episode, I decided to drop the series. It is just boring meetings to rush through story progression and fights that are so one sided it is like an adult brawling in a daycare. Every character who has lore like they are supposed to be scary and strong ends up being a cute anime girl or some loser dude that gets beat down or joins Remuru and becomes another comedic relief character. I was kinda hoping the series was gonna be closer to "Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" where, even though the MC gets OP abilities, they still have to struggle against stronger enemies and make some hard decisions. Instead it seems like the author had something fun at the start but the imagination ran dry. It was good while it lasted, sayonara slime.
Jul 27, 5:53 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Braincoke
TheCommoner said:
I have been following this show since it first aired in 2018. I loved the premise and the general vibe of that first season. It became a bit much in season two when the story felt very stretched thin and over the top. Especially with conversations going nowhere and ridiculous plot points that had little to no bearing on the story - or just that they were poorly written.

Still I overlooked all of that because it was entertaining. I got through all of season two and enjoyed myself. Which is the most important thing.

Now onto season three, sixteen episodes in, I can honestly say I am done with the show. The meetings, conversations, and constant exposition that is happening right now could have been cut in half and you would not have lost the essence of whatever is supposed to be going on. This is just the show runners trying to fill up the episode runtime with vacuous nonsense. Frustratingly. they have great story material right in front of them that they could be taking advantage of but are not. Even if the people who have read ahead were to tell me it was all going somewhere and the show was about to drastically pick up I am not sure I would continue on.

Another glaring issue is the whole series now has an identity crisis and cannot figure out what genre it is in - because of that its writing really suffers. Speaking of writing. In a show as dialogue heavy as this you really have to know how to write dialogue that keeps people engaged. This is not happening. Some of the most ridiculous comments defending this writing that I have seen from people are those who say "wait until it has all aired and then binge watch it". Why would you binge watch a season, twenty four episodes long, to ignore half of it. That is not the definition of a binge worthy show.

Agree or not, I am glad there are people who are enjoying the show but this clearly is not for me anymore.

Thanks for explaining your decision that maturely.

ngl the toxic comments I read about this seasons quality (from both sides btw) drive me crazy, so this is quite refreshing!
I hope you'll have fun with other great anime this season!
@Braincoke No worries. I have always enjoyed the world building elements of the show and the simplistic way it was handled therein. The series was a great bit of escapism for me when I was younger and especially through the pandemic years with season 2. But now there are plenty of things I do not enjoy like this developing harem subplot and the endless filler dialogue that is used to fill up runtime. It isn't the first show to go off the rails like this and it certainly will not be the last.

I may yet finish the season once it has all aired, just out of morbid curiosity, but my time with Slime Isekai is over.
TheCommonerJul 27, 6:00 PM
Jul 27, 9:58 PM
Aug 2013
This episode was really funny and interesting, i never imagined Hakurou had a daughter.
Also everyone jealous of Benimaru and Benimaru feeling like in a nightmare, it was too funny.
I love when Shuna appears more in the episodes. I wonder how she will make her bareer stronger.
Rimuru-sama,don´t run away!
It seems these episodes are going into the right direction, with the world building and funny scenes, just like the previous seasons..
Jul 27, 10:35 PM
Oct 2007
Still not the best but surprisingly I sort of enjoyed this and last week "slice of life" episode! 4/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 11:21 PM
Apr 2023
this shit was so ass
Jul 27, 11:27 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to SUPERGAMER444yt
this shit was so ass
@SUPERGAMER444yt your ass is so shit
Jul 28, 1:39 AM
Mar 2023
The fight for Benimaru subarc starts now!
Jul 28, 2:03 AM

Jan 2021
Who would have thought Benimaru would have a harem?! Whoa, it turns out Benimaru is a popular guy~ but he only wants to have one :3 what a nice guy. Souei is the one who looks quiet but is the expert~ hahaha. The conversation was really funny. Rimuru is also popular~ ♡

There seems to be a new character coming in the next episode! Is he the one in the OP? If so, it means that this kind of fun and relaxing episode is coming to an end... and the fights will start!! Looking forward to it!

Jul 28, 3:13 AM
Dec 2021
TheCommoner said:

As a LN reader I guarantee to you that “nonsense and overextended explanation/conversation” is necessary to understand ,clearly, how the worldbuilding is happening and it can’t be skipped/cut at all. The anime is pretty faithful with the light novel, maybe you should give it a shot and read it. Tensura is kinda a mix of genres but at the same time it isn’t, it has a serious approach throughout much of the story
Jul 28, 3:36 AM
Dec 2021
Great episode as always. I liked seeing more of Hakuro and Benimaru backstory on anime, im glad they didn’t cut it from light novel. We were able to see some good worldbuilding too, I love how things connect as the story progresses.

I’m perplexed after reading the comments since ep1 of s3, ppl say the story or tone drastically changed between the seasons even though it didn’t. Either they forget the essence of the story or the story became distorted in their minds over time, that’s unbelievable
Jul 28, 6:09 AM
Nov 2017
Ngl, I really enjoy these cute slice of life vibing moments.
Jul 28, 7:29 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
It was high time they started addressing the many romantic relationships going on in this show (and also Diablo I guess). With Hakuro in the middle of the relationship between the ogres and the tengu, it seems like there's a harem going on aroung Benimaru, one without any knowledge on how to handle it. Shion and Shura will be sure to dispute their place for Rimuru and Soei has his own all figured out. Poor Gabiru and Geld not getting any luck, I'm in the same boat over here.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 28, 10:03 AM

Nov 2014
This was different... and I loved it.
Jul 28, 11:14 AM
Mar 2024
TheCommoner said:
@Braincoke No worries. I have always enjoyed the world building elements of the show and the simplistic way it was handled therein. The series was a great bit of escapism for me when I was younger and especially through the pandemic years with season 2. But now there are plenty of things I do not enjoy like this developing harem subplot and the endless filler dialogue that is used to fill up runtime. It isn't the first show to go off the rails like this and it certainly will not be the last.

I may yet finish the season once it has all aired, just out of morbid curiosity, but my time with Slime Isekai is over.

This is like just the beginning and waiting period for something big to happen.The characters themselves having more development in their romantic relationship is also an enjoyable aspect for many people(including myself).
Jul 28, 11:48 AM

Jan 2018
An episode where the main focus is on Benimaru. That's nice.

Damn. The Karasu Tengu's home looks so beautiful. But I suppose they're just Tengu here? Probably have no relation to crows.

Wow. Hakuro actually has a daughter. That came outta nowhere. And it seems like Momiji's mother was pregnant with her for a very long time. Probably almost 300 years. That's crazy.

And of course, Benimaru is lucky enough to snag all these cuties. He's making a harem! I guess the moral is be such an amazing man that ladies will literally fight over you or something... But he prefers a single spouse. That's respectable I think. It's his choice.

Lmao. Rimuru's harem includes Shuna, Shion, and Diablo. That scene made me laugh. Come to think of it, I guess Shuna and Shion actually want Rimuru. But Rimuru doesn't seem too bothered about that. It was pretty much always treated as a joke so I wonder if Rimuru would ever have a real love interest.

This was a good episode. The good kind of yapping that's actually entertaining to watch.
Jul 28, 4:16 PM
Mar 2015
A Tempest in a teapot
Jul 28, 4:21 PM
Jul 2012
Based Hakuro. "I didn't know that I had a daughter, but since I do, time to be all father-like"
Jul 29, 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
I'm not surprised Benimaru is a hit with the ladies, I still ship him with Albis though. Lots of relationship talk this episode, but it was not boring.
Jul 29, 8:34 PM

Aug 2011
benimaru you must choose must choose: fertile big boobie snake woman or child
Jul 29, 9:14 PM

Feb 2016
Byakuya was an otherworlder? If he was, and Hakuro is his grandson, it means he fucked a pre-evolution ogre? Daaamn.

Also, how is Momiji Hakurou's daughter? That makes no fkng sense because she is only fifteen, I'm confused af because her mother hasn't seen Hakurou in over 300 years, or so she says, unless they meet 15 years ago just to marry and have a quick fuck, which is so fkng bizarre considering how damn old they both are 🤔

Also, Hakurou got married to the leader of the Tengu and impregnated her, and then he just left, no questions ask? Ok. Anyway, Momiji has the coolest dad ever lol

Other thing I don't like is how we have 0 exposition on Benimaru's relationship with Albis, of course I know they had something, that is really fkng obvious only a blind person wouldn't notice, but it never ever was shown in any way they DO love each other, yet now out of nowhere we just have to accept it.

Like I said it's was obvious from the start but still that kinda sucks because we can't really feel bad about her, I mean, Momiji just got introduced and in just a couple of minutes she already has a more stablished love relationship with him lmao. I know he gets both of them in the end but I just can't give a fuck about Albis anymore, wich is sad because I did like her.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jul 30, 3:25 AM

May 2015
The Tengus looks like really nice persons
Jul 30, 8:18 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to Moribax
@Scootboi It's a nation building anime. If you haven't understood it yet, maybe you should focus on shonen.
@Moribax >2016
>opinion
>less than 8000 episodes

uhhhh cant relate :( shonen is okay but this show has gone to crap lol
@ me when you hit 10k

Jul 30, 11:53 AM

Oct 2020
Loved how Diablo was with Shuna and Shion when they suggested people who have feelings for Rimuru xD
Jul 30, 3:26 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm... Bird People... lol

She seem pretty interesting, And her mom during her younger age is pretty... feels like Momiji is going to grow up pretty as well.

But the old ogre dude? hmm... how long ago did this happened? So I take it the monster races all have different "aging timeline"

(similar to Humans and other animal species in our RL world, IE: Dogs and Cats age a lot faster than Humans, IE: Dogs ages like 5 years to 1 year of Human, etc etc) (so it's possibly the Tengus age slower, like how some big RL Birds can live to 100+ years old if they're kept well maintained)

And now Beni's harem is growing, LOL

(tho.. Beni's kinda being forced into having the Harem, RIP, he's dead inside already, LOL)

And Beni wants just 1 partner, so he's going to have to pick.

Meanwhile... Rimuru wants to know how to "get woman" too... except he seems to not realize he already sorta have a harem... in multiple races and genders, LOL

Also... apparently the humans are going out (date) with the Dwarves... (who are physically lolis, lol)

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 30, 7:11 PM
Dec 2021
I love sakura trees. I really liked this episode, I honestly didn't expect to meet Hakurou's wife and daughter!! I really liked their story
Jul 31, 4:54 AM
Apr 2019
Perfect and Benimaru is very lucky man to have beautiful future wives, I'm really jealous
Jul 31, 10:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The old swordman has a secret girl!!!!
kekeke
Aug 1, 1:45 AM

Feb 2018
Lots of love-talk and gossip this episode lol. I wonder if Benimaru will have that harem in the end xD

Never ending plan to watch list...

Aug 1, 6:41 AM

Apr 2012
Am I right, they literally built Benimaru's harem in just one episode? Wow, this is some level of visual novel protagonist. And at the same time they gave Hakuro a daughter out of nowhere? Well, at least they're actually advancing the story and not just discussing politics for the sake of discussing politics in a conference room.
Aug 1, 7:45 PM

Jul 2016
Hey! Albis slander won't be tolerated on my watch. I like Benimaru but he better picks the big tiddy serpent onee-san over the bratty tengu loli or else I will lose all the respect I have for him.
Also that sudden Hakurou lore drop was just crazy. Tensura turning into a romance soap opera outta nowhere xD

Man, what a fun episode this one was. Absolutely loved how we went from having a formal audience to a high-school male gossip session because of Benimaru's immaculate rizz with women.
And by the way, the inclusion of Diablo when they started talking about Rimuru's love candidates was pure gold xD
Aug 7, 4:37 PM
Jun 2020
WHY?! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO ADD A 15 YEAR OLD GIRL AS A LOVE INTEREST?! WHY?!!!!!
Aug 9, 5:22 PM
Jan 2021
So we meet the Tengu.

It seems that Momiji is hot headed while her mother Kaede is calm and knows how to manage her village just fine. In the conversation about extending the road, it seems that now Benimaru has more and more women fighting for his love. BRO I WISH THIS KIND OF STUFF HAPPENED IN MY ACTUAL LIFE, BUT NO! I can understand why Gabimaru, Geld, and Gobji are all jealous.

The talks are now over and it seems there’s a new tradition in Tempest in which the women fight to earn a man’s love. Rimuru has both Shuna and Shion fighting for him, so we’ll see how that ends.

What’s coming next for Tempest?
Aug 9, 11:01 PM

May 2015
Angels incarnated into wolves??? I didn't know Tengu were so cool.

Benimaru's lady troubles deserves a 12 episode spin off stat!
Aug 13, 8:30 AM

Jun 2019
Such a peak episode. We got so many love interests revealed in this episode. Hakuro's wife is beautiful as well. And, his daughter will have to go against Albis for Benimaru and probably many other girls as well as Benimaru is HIM after all. It was a really cool episode. Loved it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Which Light Novel is currently going on in anime?

_just_why - Aug 22

15 by Touma_Mikoto »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30

70 by HiljainenSipuli »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2

118 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23

97 by Octokaizer »»
Yesterday, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16

64 by KingBaller06 »»
Yesterday, 12:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.