Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 8, 2022 5:42 AM

Jan 2018
probably more but i didn't bother adding. one man's trash is another man's come up.
Jul 8, 2022 6:32 AM

May 2019
PenguinLam said:
Just wondering if anyone out there has a large anime dropped ratio, like me. (just trying to find people who watch and experience anime, similar to me)

So I have 67 dropped, for a total of 219 entries, so that's 30.1%. (notice I asked for ratio instead of number of dropped, because people who watch more anime than me will likely have more dropped anime)

I like trying as many anime as possible to see what I like, but if I don't like it, I won't force myself to continue.
You shouldn't be counting the Plan To Watch list for your dropping percentage, since you haven't even checked them out yet. So your actual drop percentage is about 33%.
And no, mine is much lower. I sit at about 4.6%. Most of my drops are based on how I'm feeling at the moment, and if I don't feel like continuing a show even if it's not too bad, it's getting dropped.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Yesterday, 3:58 AM

Jul 2019
mine is %22.3 not much
mine is %22.3 not much
Yesterday, 4:08 AM

Jan 2008
I know what I like so that helps me weed out anime I would want to watch to completion anyway. Plus I'm fairly ok with mid shows. So the only anime I'm likely to drop are ones that I just couldn't motivate myself through or I do end up picking the occasional dud.

I have seen AND finished 522 anime and I've dropped a total of 21. And of those 21 I may remove a couple off. I'm doing the ratio but as I've watched a lot more anime then op and dropped half of theirs I'm assuming ratio is much much much lower.
Yesterday, 4:18 AM

Jul 2017
I've completed 166 and dropped 81 anime. That's almost 50% D:. But I also try to document every show I watch, even if it's just one episode.

If it's a movie I'll try my best to finish through it. But for a series I don't really see any reason to continue if I know I won't like it.

*oh yeah I also just drop things that're are actually good but because I'm impatient I just end up reading the manga. I did this w/ Oshi no Ko, SpyX, Dr. Stone, and Solo Leveling lol.
deimos96Yesterday, 4:25 AM
Yesterday, 4:50 AM

Jul 2022
I have 184 completed and 17 dropped, so about 8.5% of the ones I've "finished" were drops.

A high drop ratio probably means you either are more open to trying a wider variety of shows, or you have no way of knowing what you will like lol
Yesterday, 5:14 AM

Sep 2016
I did dropped atleast 3 anime shows that i considered bad and not worth my time.

But even then, that's just like, what? 2% of how many anime shows i drop?

And yet, i don't feel like dropping the anime, anymore. In fact, i'd rather add it to the complete list and give it an 1 if an anime is bad and not worth my time, than having to drop it, at all.
"Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock and roll" -Bob Seger in 1978.
Yesterday, 6:06 AM
Yesterday, 6:52 AM
Jan 2016
Around 9%, although most of those dropped animes are from years ago. I've only dropped a few in the past 2 years.
Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Apr 2008
Mine is around 36 percent, I have seen 968 and dropped 345. I am more of a sampler when it comes to anime I like to check out a lot of stuff and just add whatever random crap to my PTW list even series I know I won't like just to check it out to see if I will like it. As many anime on my list I completed wasn't something that even looked interesting to me at first. I watch mutiple episodes of something too as I want to give it a chance before I drop it. I don't think the shows I drop are bad which is why I don't rate them, they were just not for me.
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Apr 2015
i have like 14 dropped shows from 750.

i totally would have more, but i don't bother adding shows i gave up on the first episode.
Yesterday, 12:32 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Yuri_Niji
I don’t understand people who have dropped no anime. I don’t like wasting time so if I get bored I drop it.

I don’t have a large ratio and I am trying to not drop much anime now to keep my dropped as little as possible. I would hate having one as large as OPs
@Yuri_Niji
When aren't you a contradiction, don't understand people that drop anime but you yourself try not to drop.
Just be happy and drop things that you don't like or find interesting. You should know your taste and know what to like or not to like pretty early you don't need to watch all
Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Aug 2021
Mine is really really low like 0.01% lol
8 hours ago

Jan 2021
I've dropped 5 out of 161, so I think that's pretty good. I think its around 2%
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you see value in someone having a "different/unique" favorites list/3x3?

thewiru - 56 minutes ago

6 by Takoyakirin »»
1 minute ago

» Any male character who invoked the feelings of moe in you?

Sanjay63773 - Mar 23

13 by traed »»
2 minutes ago

» Is Alice in Wonderland an isekai?

Takoyakirin - Yesterday

24 by traed »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you think that the toyetic anime genre is underrated?

funtime43_tr - 11 hours ago

18 by Nirinbo »»
23 minutes ago

» How many years has it been since you started anime?

nirererin - 4 hours ago

25 by Luchipher-Zen »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.