Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Jigoku Sensei Nube' Anime Project Announced for 2025

New
Jul 20, 7:08 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
An official website opened for a new anime project of Shou Makura and Takeshi Okano's Jigoku Sensei Nube (Hell Teacher Nube) manga on Sunday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2025.

Makura and Okano serialized the supernatural comedy manga in Weekly Shounen Jump magazine between 1993 and 1999. The Jigoku Sensei Nube Neo (Hell Teacher Nube Neo) sequel began in Grand Jump Premium in 2014 before switching to Grand Jump the same year and ending in 2018.

The latest entry in the series, Jigoku Sensei Nube S (Hell Teacher Nube S), ran in Saikyou Jump from 2018 to 2021. The manga series has a cumulative 28 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

A spin-off manga titled Reibaishi Izuna began in Oh Super Jump magazine in 2007. The manga transferred to Super Jump in 2011 and ended the same year. The Reibaishi Izuna: Ascension sequel began in Grand Jump in 2011 before it transferred to Grand Jump Premium in 2014 and concluded in 2016.

Toei Animation adapted the original manga into a television anime that aired 46 episodes from 1996 to 1997. The anime series received three movies between 1996 and 1997. A original video anime sequel was released in three episodes from 1998 to 1999.

Synopsis
Jigoku Sensei Nube follows Meisuke Nueno, also known as Nube, the homeroom teacher of Class 5–3 at Doumori Elementary. Nube is not just a teacher but also a skilled exorcist who protects his students and the town from supernatural threats. He uses the Demon's Hand, a power from a demon sealed in his left hand.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://nube-anime.com/
Official X (Twitter): @nube_ani

Source: Comic Natalie

Jigoku Sensei Nube (2025) on MAL
VindstotJul 20, 7:27 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 20, 7:11 PM
Jan 2014
As long as they're gonna be remaking everything, how about a Machiko remake?
Jul 20, 7:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i watched this YEARS AGO cause of a gif of Miki<3, but best girl Izuna though<3333

lets just hope they don't censor anything since theres some pantyshots here and there

but yea....

ANOTHER remake

alright AIKa... I've been waiting....

Jul 20, 7:19 PM
Dec 2013
Oh cool. Yet ANOTHER remake. And the manga was published in Weekly Shounen Jump too and has a whopping 279 chapters. That's a lot to adapt if they don't skip anything. Never watched the original 1996 anime though, but I guess I'm going to start it soon.

An anime that I'm hoping gets a remake one day is Needless. A remake of 3x3 Eyes would be cool too. Seems like literally any anime that is at least 15 years old has the potential to get a remake nowadays.
wildhoodJul 20, 7:24 PM
Jul 20, 8:47 PM

Nov 2015
Oh... Dis didn't age well. elementary school girls fanservice. 🤨 wasn't the author labeled as a pedi back then? meaning that Toei suddenly canceled it...

💢

Jul 20, 8:57 PM

Mar 2009
I’m sorry but you can’t do better ghost stories than 90s anime. I loved that title. Nube is such a classic and I hope for the return of Okiayu Ryutaro as Nube and the rest of the cast such as Tominaga Mina as Miki, Neya Michiki as Mitsuko sensei and Kasahara Rumi as Kyouko. Sad that we lost Fujita Toshiko though :(

I hope the animation will be updated but still close to the original.

I’d love to get GS Mikami back but without Tsuru Hiromi it would be sad.
Jul 20, 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
Well I have heard the rumor of Nube getting anime remake for sometimes now but it's still surprising to heard this news be officially announced.

Can't wait to see Minki and Nube vs Bakki final fight to be animated here, as well as seeing the sequels and spin-off to receive anime adaptation as well lol.

Berry-Vodka said:
wasn't the author labeled as a pedi back then? meaning that Toei suddenly canceled it...

Did you misremembering for someone else (Like Watsuki or Toriko and Act-Age authors)? I don't remember either the author or the illustrator were caught up on some sort of crimes. The original anime ended middle way simply because it almost caught up with the manga pacing at the time (The exact same situation as Ranma 1/2 and FMA 2003 lol).
MahiaErebeaNegiJul 20, 9:23 PM
Jul 20, 9:52 PM
Mar 2017
I really love Nube, It would be one of my favorite anime/manga if only IT DIDN'T HAVE DISGUSTING FANSERVICE WITH MINORS!!! I know I'll hate and love it in equal parts: I love the 90's style and the modern one is too bright, plus there's all the fanservice they can possibly get (if they even put it in, because they might get canceled on the internet lol), but in the other hand... hopefully the horror (without the aesthetics it will be a negative point) makes me scream and cry, plus I need to see Tamamo with his original blonde hair (and his story arc, it's my favorite) and of course, the end of the history. Also Bakki with his brother and sister!
Jul 20, 10:32 PM

Jun 2024
Dude Teacher Nube it's been a long time since I watch that series, back in 2005, I hope keep the art style.
Jul 20, 11:04 PM

Dec 2021
Hell yeah! Now THIS is one of the legends I've been waiting to have announced!

Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jul 20, 11:12 PM

Aug 2016
that´s it! I´m watching the 90s anime!
:v
Yesterday, 12:38 AM

Jul 2023
I hope it does good. The OG is pretty obscure at this point, and it might renew interest in the IP.
Yesterday, 12:59 AM
Jan 2016
Nice to see a lot of older series that were too close to the manga get new animes I hope we get a rave master anime one day
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MahiaErebeaNegi
Well I have heard the rumor of Nube getting anime remake for sometimes now but it's still surprising to heard this news be officially announced.

Can't wait to see Minki and Nube vs Bakki final fight to be animated here, as well as seeing the sequels and spin-off to receive anime adaptation as well lol.

Berry-Vodka said:
wasn't the author labeled as a pedi back then? meaning that Toei suddenly canceled it...

Did you misremembering for someone else (Like Watsuki or Toriko and Act-Age authors)? I don't remember either the author or the illustrator were caught up on some sort of crimes. The original anime ended middle way simply because it almost caught up with the manga pacing at the time (The exact same situation as Ranma 1/2 and FMA 2003 lol).
There are so many remakes that I don't even have time to watch the originals anymore, lmao. Should I still try to watch the original show before the new one premieres?

@MahiaErebeaNegi Considering that we are already waiting the second season of the Kenshin reboot, the producers are not too concerned about this. Well, except for the Act-Age case, when the mangaka literally molested children.

@yamiyugi101 You have a chance, considering that a number of cult authors have already received remakes of their old anime.
Yesterday, 1:20 AM

May 2021
No one can beat Itou Junji in terms of horror in manga but I have to admit I am impressed . Added

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Yesterday, 4:17 AM

Dec 2010
Finally decided to start the old anime after stalling for years because of the remake leaks, but seriously how are they even going to adapt this? Even leaving the blatant fanservice of the JS characters aside (who look more like JC anyway), aren't a lot of the ghosts/youkai really, really perverted? Surely there's no way to cut that part, right? Also they can't do Miki without all the boob focus.
With the changing times and advancements in digital animation, the setting has been updated, and the students of Class 5-3 have been given a modern update

Oh god this sounds terrifying.
I'm of the believe that digital animation can't really do horror all that well anyway, compared to cel.
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

May 2021
Reply to DarkDooM2
Finally decided to start the old anime after stalling for years because of the remake leaks, but seriously how are they even going to adapt this? Even leaving the blatant fanservice of the JS characters aside (who look more like JC anyway), aren't a lot of the ghosts/youkai really, really perverted? Surely there's no way to cut that part, right? Also they can't do Miki without all the boob focus.
With the changing times and advancements in digital animation, the setting has been updated, and the students of Class 5-3 have been given a modern update

Oh god this sounds terrifying.
I'm of the believe that digital animation can't really do horror all that well anyway, compared to cel.
DarkDooM2 said:
Finally decided to start the old anime after stalling for years because of the remake leaks, but seriously how are they even going to adapt this? Even leaving the blatant fanservice of the JS characters aside (who look more like JC anyway), aren't a lot of the ghosts/youkai really, really perverted? Surely there's no way to cut that part, right? Also they can't do Miki without all the boob focus

It depends ... are they gonna animate this with the mindset that they have to respect the source material and the fans or they are gonna have the mindset that they must satisfy the puritans and generally the ''modern audience'' ? Since this will be animated by a Japanese studio I want to believe that they are gonna have the first mindset because Japan doesn't really give a damn about the Western ideologies and politics if you think about projects like Interspecies Reviewers , Goblin Slayer and Redo of healer etc.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Yesterday, 6:40 AM

May 2021
ik it's repetitive but another remake?! hope it's good. can't wait for tokyo ghoul remake in 2040!

More topics from this board

» 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

7 by RobertBobert »»
33 minutes ago

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Lol1268 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by VivavideoUser2x »»
12 hours ago

» 'Nukitashi the Animation' Announces Main Staff

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by Yubisoft »»
Yesterday, 11:06 AM

» Focus: 'Noragami' Team Returns to Produce 2025 Anime 'Gachiakuta'

Kineta - Jul 19

24 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.