Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
I like Awayuki's acceptance to this new change in her life's direction. Gotta make a name somehow and collaborating with someone like Masahiro just seems like a logical choice.

Second episode felt similar in style compared to the first with the humor. Having more character appear like Sei also adds the chemistry in the show. Idk how they plan to adapt Awayuki..she can be childish but also behaves like someone you'd expect in this type of anime.
Jul 14, 7:58 AM
Apr 2018
This episode is still hilarious like first ep. I never thoght they will mention real game like Getting Over It in anime lol.
btw, uhwoooooooooooooooooooooo, GACHIIIIIIIIII ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jul 14, 8:02 AM

Feb 2020
As outrageous as the first episode. Awayuki is really enjoying her new lifestyle, lol.

Gotta love all the yuri vibes.

SerafosJul 14, 9:21 AM
Jul 14, 8:26 AM
Jul 2023
Got some backstory and things almost got spicy, Awayuki need to work herself out before making any promises for sure.

The karaoke ED is such nice treat.
MainnusJul 14, 9:46 AM
Jul 14, 9:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I lost it when she started playing Getting Over It

This is such a good parody in general lol
Jul 14, 9:19 AM

Mar 2021
Awayuki is just hilarious am so glad to see her embrace the changes. Things were really heating up in that collab live stream.
Jul 14, 9:30 AM
May 2014
she couldn't get over it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 9:47 AM
Dec 2022
Not only we got the real game perms (in the LN, the game was named Granny over It), but also they got perms for the marshmallow site for the zatsudan parts (also, kudos for the illustrations of the VTubers eating the marshmallow).
Jul 14, 10:17 AM

May 2024
Why do they all look exactly like their VTuber models and wear the actual outfits all the time irl 😩 That's gotta be uncomfortable. And don't you think Sei gets a lot of stares going around dressed like this...?

Jul 14, 10:52 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to starflutter
Why do they all look exactly like their VTuber models and wear the actual outfits all the time irl 😩 That's gotta be uncomfortable. And don't you think Sei gets a lot of stares going around dressed like this...?

@pillowofwinds They don't actually wear those outfits outside its just an illusion for us watchers to not break the immersion. So much like the viewers we will never know their true identity
Jul 14, 10:56 AM
Aug 2022
Sei and Shion are absolute vibes for the show there great characters, I absolutely lost it when she started playing getting over it with bennet foddy. That games actually really fun (To watch others play and rage at)

I wouldn't be surprised if that was Awayuki's Va's actually reaction to playing the game lmao
Jul 14, 11:39 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to Phantom_373
@pillowofwinds They don't actually wear those outfits outside its just an illusion for us watchers to not break the immersion. So much like the viewers we will never know their true identity
@Phantom_373 Funny that you say that, because it kinda breaks immersion (in a different way)^^

The Getting Over It part was really outstanding and the attention to detail of the animation team is great. I laughed hard at some of the marshmallows. And the karaoke thing at the end was also good, another ending song for this one!
Jul 14, 11:44 AM
Aug 2022
Sylverthas said:
@Phantom_373 Funny that you say that, because it kinda breaks immersion (in a different way)^^

The Getting Over It part was really outstanding and the attention to detail of the animation team is great. I laughed hard at some of the marshmallows. And the karaoke thing at the end was also good, another ending song for this one!

Yeah I understand how it does break immersion as well, but the general point is for their identity’s to be hidden from us.

Which I think is a nice detail which I really like that detail cause 99% of vtubers irl have their identities hidden except for a very small amount so I’m glad they keep there real identities hidden in this show too.

The attention to detail with various vtuber related things in this show is actually pretty good.
Jul 14, 12:13 PM

Feb 2019
Absolutely hilarious and over the top episode. Awayuki bugging out during the strozero stream had me in tears. I need someone to love me the way she loves that damn beer.

When you see the stuff she went thru out of high school though, working at a black company and hating her life.. I’m ok with her kicking back some beers and having fun getting drunk with her audience, she’s earned it. Makes me feel good seeing her happy in her life and doing what she loves to do and obviously her fans love that too! Still, a sober stream would be cool too and her liver definitely needs a break with how much she drinks lmao.

The Yuri threesome stuff with Sei and Shion was wild, I love how far this show takes stuff lol. The fans got a great stream there. If that’s what vtubers do I may have to watch a stream or two lol. Sei is so mommy, please abuse me lmao

Good episode
Marinate1016Jul 14, 12:26 PM
Jul 14, 12:59 PM
Apr 2023
I wanting so bad the Latin Spanish dub for this anime!!
I never expect to see a real videogame on anime show!
By the way i am the only one who stopped the anime for read the comments? There was a lot of funny comments in the anime XDDD
Jul 14, 1:55 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to SonOfNeptuno
I wanting so bad the Latin Spanish dub for this anime!!
I never expect to see a real videogame on anime show!
By the way i am the only one who stopped the anime for read the comments? There was a lot of funny comments in the anime XDDD
@SonOfNeptuno Of course not... the latinamerican subs even references phrases from Te lo resumo así no más... just peak.
Jul 14, 3:12 PM

Jun 2023
99% sure the scene where she goes crazy over StroZero is a reference to this
(volume warning)

If so, then this is so peak
Jul 14, 3:21 PM
Oct 2018
Does the story continue to be mostly about her streaming or do we see more about the characters life? Don’t really get the vtuber thing. This is one of the first shows that makes me feel like I’m too old for anime and might be one drop
Jul 14, 3:49 PM

Sep 2018
This anime feels exactly like watching a Vtuber stream. The problem is that I've never been interested in Vtubers or generally in streamers who only talk about random shit like their own life or what they like/dislike, instead of focusing on a specific topic.
Jul 14, 4:19 PM
Oct 2022
We've got ourselves a budding alcoholic here ladies and gentlemen.
Jul 14, 4:27 PM
May 2024
this episode wasn't as fun as the first one, i feel like we've lost some of the weird unhinged energy, but we'll see how it goes, i'm still gonna give it one or two more weeks to prove itself
Jul 14, 4:30 PM

Dec 2015
No way they got Getting Over It in there
I actually lost it when I saw that xDDDD
Jul 14, 4:46 PM
Apr 2022
im really impressed with the quality of the animation, the colors are so beautiful, enjoying watching it ~ i laugh a lot
Jul 14, 6:20 PM
Dec 2021
Awa-chan <3 I hope you get a lot of followers otsukaresama
kitohaJul 16, 8:24 PM
Jul 14, 7:01 PM
Jul 2020
No fucking way they actually showed Getting Over It lmao

Legendary anime

Now I kinda want to see V-Tubers watching this anime
Jul 14, 7:16 PM
Oct 2023
So what bothers me is the exaggerated advertising for Gacchi Zero
Jul 14, 7:42 PM
Jan 2023
The dynamic is fun and aall, but it's only episode two and I'm getting tired of all the alcohol jokes and etc. Feeling like I'm watching annoying teenagers that just had their first beer

It's funny but with an abnormal bit of annoyance
Jul 14, 7:43 PM
Apr 2024
eh the humour is overbearing and unfunny already
the first episode was okay but I don't think I can continue with this humour format any longer
dropping it
Jul 14, 7:44 PM
Apr 2024
Edentifrice said:
this episode wasn't as fun as the first one, i feel like we've lost some of the weird unhinged energy, but we'll see how it goes, i'm still gonna give it one or two more weeks to prove itself

Eh I don't think it will get better,the first episode shows how she gets the whole humour being exposed as a free way to be herself even while streaming so you can expect this format to continue
Jul 14, 8:26 PM

Feb 2019
Awa-chan's finding a balance of streaming sober and streaming riding high on StroZero lol i wonder what happened to her mic, did it go kaput after that shriek/scream of frustration at failing that challenge?
Jul 14, 8:52 PM
Jan 2023
I lost it on Getting Over It. I laughed so hard.
Jul 14, 11:17 PM
Nov 2022
I like how everyone was chill with awayuki and how she accepted her true self to be the face of her vtuber career going forward... Overall a very nice episode!
Jul 15, 1:11 AM

Jun 2024
she just???? played getting over it???? i mean it makes sense for a vtubing anime but?? they seriously just loaded it up?? not like a parody ver or anything,, thats crazy man,, a fun surprise tho
Jul 15, 2:13 AM

Feb 2014
This episode is really hillarious and does really feel like VTuber stream. They also had Getting Over It and Awa'chan's reaction was just how you expect from a VTuber playing the game.

So I guess Hareru is the "Sora" of their company?
Jul 15, 2:38 AM

Jul 2023
dropped it maybe I'm not that much into vtuber. anyway I didn't like it.

Jul 15, 4:43 AM
Apr 2024
I was thinking about dropping this while watching this episode, but I will give it one more go to see how I feel about it.
Jul 15, 7:03 AM
Jan 2023
Another unhinged episode, perhaps maybe not to the extent of last time, but was still pretty funny.

That attempt at a sober stream went wrong lol, just as mad as always, even managed to break her mic lol.

The animation here is actually pretty decent too, so that's always good.
Jul 15, 7:31 AM

Mar 2018
The things they're making Sakura Ayane say......

I actually like the fact that in "irl" we see them as their VTuber avatars. This is a story about the vtuber personas after all, not the persons behind them.

Also I felt weird when they revealed their ages there. Didn't really expect that growing up also meant that anime characters will start being the same age or younger than you.
"A name... Toru Rikiishi"
Jul 15, 8:50 AM

Jan 2017
The Gunbuster reference in the ending song got me off guard!
Jul 15, 8:59 AM

Jun 2017
The first episode was amusing enough to try another, but I had to drop the show 10 minutes into episode 2. Anything that glorifies alcohol and bad behavior is disgusting.
Jul 15, 11:00 AM
Sep 2022
idk what makes me like this anime.
Jul 15, 11:26 AM

Jul 2022
Another entertaining episode of the Strong Zero commercial... I mean, the unfiltered VTuber. Ayayuki will have cirrhosis by the end of the anime if she keeps this up, but at least she's collaborating with her favorite VTubers, so it's not all bad. However, as Mashiro mentioned, a few sober streams wouldn't hurt since Yuki's appealing personality doesn't really depend on alcohol.
Jul 15, 3:40 PM

May 2023
at minute 8:34 it's definitely a Louise Copypasta reference LMAOOOOO, for Indonesians seeing this meme made into a parody is really funny and cringe at the same time lol, WANGY WANGY WANGYY UWOOOHHHHH SGESSS.

the fact that Awa-chan is playing Getting Over It is hilarious lol where after a few hours of playing she broke her character and went back to being Schwa.

Hareru really looks like Subaru but in terms of impact on members like Sora, Nekoma looks a lot like Okayu, and Hikari looks like Haachama.

and ending with Awa-chan's karaoke with Sei was fun to listen to.
Jul 16, 7:59 AM
Oct 2019
Okay how much Strong Zero are paying for this product placement.

I can't believe Getting over it making debut in Anime.
Yeah sober stream and playing a rage game?
Huge mistake LMAO
Jul 16, 9:56 AM
Nov 2022
Very "xd", it's my personal opinion but I think that if they showed an ordinary Japanese woman when the girl is not on stream instead of her avatar it would be 10 times better 🚬
Jul 16, 2:37 PM

Nov 2009
And she got a new nick-name, lol.

And... she turned out to be a ex-OL huh... that's kinda interesting... but... how old is she again? cause if we go by the synopsis of her being 20 years old... it feels kinda odd, since that would mean she's either... only a high school graduate, or only took 2 years of college, or only work as OL for less than a year...

IE:

High School -> (didn't go to college) -> Office work after she turns 18 and works for 2 years as OL before she quit and starts Vtubing

High School -> 2 year of College, drop out and didn't finish -> work as OL for less than a year and starts Vtubing

OFC, she could also be a High School drop out to start out working earlier, but that wouldn't really work, as no Japan office companies hires high school dropouts...

hmm... seems like majority of the series episodes is going to be "podcast" collabs and interviews, including RL meets, and have a little bit of "gaming" at the end.

(and short shorts are ero?... I was imagining hyper short skirts or leg spreads, like some EN vtubers did with their models, LOL) (tho that'll be too lewd for JP I guess, especially for the anime, as they "censored" "SEGGS")

LOL @ "Getting Over It", that was extremely popular in Vtuber community for quite a while.

BTW... during the podcast... in one of the section... Shuwa (lol) was doing her finger pokes as being shy... the "window" on the side... still had her drink more beer... LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 16, 3:45 PM

Aug 2015
I am really surprised nobody has mentioned that the post-production team has forgotten to apply OLM Smoother on the colored frames throughout this entire episode. It's extremely cringe that they have missed this, how did this slip past quality check?

edit: actually the only scene in the entire episode where they did not miss it is the mouth close-up at 21:54
JokucJul 16, 3:53 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jul 17, 12:56 AM
Jan 2021
Why does it feel like I’m just watching ads? lmao
Jul 17, 9:39 AM
Jan 2021
wasn't expecting for them to straight up show getting over it. feels so nice being able to watch this and understand every aspect from the streams, yuribait, and even the l2d karaokes at the end. fucking SOVL...

shit gets the culture down so right.
Jul 17, 11:57 AM

Oct 2009
From the two episode I think it is clear that this show is dedicated to the vtuber fandom as there is a lot of references to various well known vtuber inside jokes. Off-collab karaoke something that is so 2019-2020 vtuber scene, meeting your senpai for the first time and they're the same age as you, eardrum torture, the Louise kunka-kunka reference, and many others. I think this show is hard to digest for people outside the fandom and I don't blame them.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21

48 by GlitchPirate »»
Aug 30, 1:17 PM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25

32 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 30, 6:18 AM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18

29 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Aug 28, 7:44 AM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11

34 by Magicmist »»
Aug 25, 4:52 PM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4

49 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.