Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 12, 7:21 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Aohh
Looks like I'm among the minority who enjoyed it.

That revenge theme is interesting. I want to see that goddess gets what she deserves eventually.
@Aohh If I have to be honest, I hope the story doesn't revolve around entirely about MC wanting revenge on the goddess.

Honestly, it would be way more interesting if now, in the next few episodes, he goes and kill the goddess, and the world falls into havoc because the goddess is dead.
bruh
Jul 12, 7:32 AM
Jun 2021
So much people allergic to 3D and CGI.
Jul 12, 7:54 AM
Feb 2023
Man, this adaption is kinda sick, honestly. The emotion part is presented really well as good as I remember when reading the manga. 3D animation is the same level as Overlord S3, so I guess it's acceptable.
Jul 12, 7:56 AM
Sep 2021
Liked the MC more after this episode, he isn't that annoying. Looking forward to seeing how he plays out his revenge.
Jul 12, 8:49 AM

Jul 2020
He's pretty darn clever on using his skills it shows that even with low level skills all it takes is the right smarts to use them at the right moment
Jul 12, 9:46 AM
Jun 2017
The manga was better.
Jul 12, 9:54 AM
Jan 2024
I guess this gonna be one of my trash anime this season.

I dunno, way too Overpowered, the leveling system makes no sense and the constant switch between 3D to normal uff..

And yes. Cringe.
Jul 12, 10:27 AM
Feb 2022
I really don't like the lighting and shadows of this anime.
Jul 12, 12:11 PM

Aug 2021
using cg for everything that isn't a close up is diabolical
Jul 12, 12:37 PM
Aug 2019
The CGI is a real shame in this one.
Jul 12, 2:20 PM

Dec 2022
man here i was thinking the soul eater was a 3000 years old blonde girl talk about a disappointment
OOPs wrong anime
Jul 12, 2:31 PM
Feb 2021
Man the quality is so bad
Jul 12, 5:29 PM
Apr 2020
lmao came to the comments to see if anyone else was bothered by the CG of the MC. NGL, at some angles it was definitely giving Beserk 2016, but all in all... it still can get a lot worse
Jul 12, 5:50 PM

Mar 2016
Man, few weeks ago I was a defending the use CGI in anime after Girls Band Cry, but episodes like this one makes it harder
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 12, 6:58 PM

Jul 2023
I'm enjoying this despite some questionable execution. This shall scratch my itch of a Redo of Healer type of protagonist.

It seems that this episode feels rushed. Understandable they they want to get to the good parts, but it is some horrible pacing.
patkarununganJul 12, 8:36 PM
Jul 12, 6:59 PM
Mar 2024
this whole fight scene with the Soul eater was Absolute garbage, it just sat there while he screeched about how he's not going to kill the remnants of humans.
Jul 12, 8:26 PM

May 2021
Reply to Kai200X
Boy. I thought first episode was bad, 2nd episode not only bad, it also cringe af... I am not sure how much more I can take if it's still this bad in the next episode.
@Kai200X naah. All of the sudden it will be a pure 10/10 next episode as he'll discover third spell and become tactical and move a bit instead of holding out his hand and yelling PARARIZU, PARARIZU, PARARIZU, PARARIZU, PARARIZU, PARARIZU.
Jul 12, 8:27 PM

May 2021
Reply to GersonSalas
the story has potential to go very good or very bad. i'll keep around for the story
@GersonSalas there's absolutely no potential here. It's painfully predictable. He'll eventually figure out the encrypted spell by using some stupid thing and that spell will be goddesses doom. And that's the story most likely. Haven't read the manga but setup is painful.
Jul 12, 8:28 PM

May 2021
Reply to Moppit
I really don't get the power system. He's facing off against monsters over level 500, probably if he's gaining 300 levels in one kill and they can't kill him or resist his powers. Over level 1000, his poison should be an instant kill, by then.
@Moppit that's okay, they didn't get the power system either. It's clearly done by people who never played games, but wanted to make something that looks like a game because that's popular with the kids these days. Insert Steve Buscemi meme "how do you do fellow kids".
Jul 12, 8:31 PM

May 2021
Reply to Marinate1016
Seven arcs will pay for their crimes. They ruined Mabotai and now Failure Frame. I just don’t get why they take on these projects if this is what they’re gonna put out. Like don’t get me wrong the story of Failure Frame probably isn’t great objectively, but I love isekai and power fantasy revenge stories with waifus so it’s something I’d normally love.

But how can I get into it when even the MC is being turned into horribly blended CGI? Like these aren’t even motion intensive scenes where they’re doing this either. Like the first poison scene before the soul eater showed up there was no need for that CGI LMAO. It’s crazy cause the still art actually looks decent, I do like the glossy feel of the character designs.

Horrible production quality aside, the Arifureta allegations getting even stronger. MC in a dungeon separated from his class after being summoned to another world, eating monster meat, seeking revenge on the person who caused them to be there.. damn one of these authors was a fan of the other(not sure which came first)

I am really interested in the lore of the world, seeing the MC get his revenge and finally meeting elf waifu that was teased in ep 1 and on the cover of volume 1.. hopefully next episode gives us more in that direction.
Marinate1016 said:
I just don’t get why they take on these projects

I can answer that one for you: "MONEY". Least amount of effort for bare minimum of achievement. I'd get it if they pulled CGI for something hard to do, to give them more time to focus on important stuff. Like animating background characters or constructing backgrounds. But they pull it for main character who does nothing other than walking and holding out his hand while screaming PARALYZE.
Jul 12, 8:32 PM

May 2021
Reply to scout_joe
He's pretty darn clever on using his skills it shows that even with low level skills all it takes is the right smarts to use them at the right moment
@scout_joe He is clever? What was clever about it?
Jul 12, 11:10 PM

Nov 2009
I can't tell if those monsters are super strong or if it's just easy to level up in this world, but at least he's getting stronger. It also seems like he made it out of the dungeon without much trouble and didn't lose an arm or an eye. The anime isn't too bad at the moment, but the animation is horrible, especially during CGI scenes or when monsters appear, but that's typical for this kind of anime.

I believe the Goddess send him to the "end game" dungeon...

Remember... the "strongest dark element hero" DIED in said dungeon...

And the Goddess also commented that "no one has ever left the place alive"
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 13, 3:28 AM

Oct 2018
the CGI scenes was not very pretty (not at all in my opinion) they are so much visible when they appear
wait next episode for see what will do the pretty blond girl
Jul 13, 5:17 AM
Sep 2022
Stark700 said:
Touka's thirst for revenge kinda defines part of his character this season so far.

On the other hand, they threw a very dangerous monster into his adventure already. Not sure if this going to be a recurring trend but it establishes how dangerous their world can be. Not going to lie though, this show has a depressing mood...from the present timeline to the background storytelling about Touka.

how are you everywhere
Jul 13, 5:47 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
That was a hell of a lot of 3D in this episode. But I don't honestly mind. I really like these revenge kind of like isekai stories for some reason. I'm gonna be waiting in my seat to see Touka whoop his classmates asses and especially, slave up the female ones.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 13, 8:15 AM
Mar 2021
i think this was one of the worst episodes I've ever seen in anime in general, first episode was ok but after watching this dropped it immediately
Jul 13, 12:19 PM
Mar 2024
shitty ass cgi it was trash at some scenes
Jul 13, 12:19 PM
Jan 2024
The story so far has nothing new or different from its genre. The production is terrible, awful cg being used almost all the time, poor direction, edge/cringe as hell. Dear god, if this continues going on i'll drop in the next episode.
Jul 13, 5:43 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Nightmaremac
I guess this gonna be one of my trash anime this season.

I dunno, way too Overpowered, the leveling system makes no sense and the constant switch between 3D to normal uff..

And yes. Cringe.
@Nightmaremac
He was sent in an endgame dungeon at level 1.
Fight a lv 100 Pokémon with a Lv1 Rattata, Rattata will gain many levels.
Fight the same lv100 Pokémon with a Lv30 Rattata, he'll gain much less levels.
That's the same idea here.
(and there's also the possibility that the Exp curves with the levels, so more Exp at low level, less Exp at high level).

And the level doesn't matter that much if he can get killed with his low stats.
Jul 13, 5:53 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to MeanEYE
@scout_joe He is clever? What was clever about it?
I don't know. He has to say the name of his spell aloud and the enemy can sense his incoming attack... and immediately retaliate with a strong Laser Beam. If he wasn't full of himself, the Soul Eater could have instantly killed Touka at the start of the battle.

So how do you manage an enemy like this ? By using your brain.

MeanEYE said:
@GersonSalas there's absolutely no potential here. It's painfully predictable. He'll eventually figure out the encrypted spell by using some stupid thing and that spell will be goddesses doom. And that's the story most likely. Haven't read the manga but setup is painful.

Go on, I'm interest on how you'll predict the story.
I stopped trying to predict where the story goes very early.

MeanEYE said:
@Moppit that's okay, they didn't get the power system either. It's clearly done by people who never played games, but wanted to make something that looks like a game because that's popular with the kids these days. Insert Steve Buscemi meme "how do you do fellow kids".

@MeanEYE
And you're clearly someone who never played Pokémon in your life.

groudonvertJul 13, 5:56 PM
Jul 13, 6:02 PM
Jan 2024
groudonvert said:
@Nightmaremac
(and there's also the possibility that the Exp curves with the levels, so more Exp at low level, less Exp at high level).

Thats what i'm saying it doesnt make sense.
If you level up 900 times, and you only have 3 skills not learning anything new.. Hmm
Jul 13, 6:04 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Nightmaremac
groudonvert said:
@Nightmaremac

Thats what i'm saying it doesnt make sense.
If you level up 900 times, and you only have 3 skills not learning anything new.. Hmm
@Nightmaremac
His skills also level-up. Since he gains no skills by normal level-up, his Unique Skill is based on debilitation magic and his spells have level, it's probable he'll gain new ones when his current spells level up enough.

Levels in this world is pretty much for stats (and his stats are trash).
Jul 13, 6:08 PM
Jan 2024
groudonvert said:
@Nightmaremac
His skills also level-up. Since he gains no skills by normal level-up, his Unique Skill is based on debilitation magic and his spells have level, it's probable he'll gain new ones when his current spells level up enough.

Calm down. Its just my opinion. You're defending this anime like you created it.
Jul 13, 6:51 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Nightmaremac
groudonvert said:
@Nightmaremac

Calm down. Its just my opinion. You're defending this anime like you created it.
@Nightmaremac
Sorry, English is not my first language. It's a bit harder to tone down my words sometimes ^^'
Jul 13, 6:57 PM

Jun 2020
Wow it was quite sometime since I this cringed from the MC. The fact that he is looking different every 10 seconds is making it even more funny
Jul 13, 10:38 PM
Apr 2023
how many type of same shit do anyone need
Jul 14, 3:41 AM

May 2021
Reply to groudonvert
I don't know. He has to say the name of his spell aloud and the enemy can sense his incoming attack... and immediately retaliate with a strong Laser Beam. If he wasn't full of himself, the Soul Eater could have instantly killed Touka at the start of the battle.

So how do you manage an enemy like this ? By using your brain.

MeanEYE said:

Go on, I'm interest on how you'll predict the story.
I stopped trying to predict where the story goes very early.

MeanEYE said:

@MeanEYE
And you're clearly someone who never played Pokémon in your life.

@groudonvert to me there were no tactics involved. He just assumed soul eater would drop the guard after scaring him and he would use this chance to strike back. At no point was this drop of guard indicated or based on any observation. Just plot convenience. And more to the point we had no reason to believe even if the creature dropped the guard that it couldn't fire immediately like it did in the first instance, so this ends up being just plot armor. The way I see it nothing is established and reused later. He uses the excuse of spawned creatures looking like humans and he couldn't possibly attack them, and yet the goddess looks more human than all of them combined but he had no problem attacking her. He kills bunch of creatures and levels up 900 times, but his spell levels once. But all the creatures die at same rate regardless that he leveled up. Not to mention few creatures attack and the rest wait. Then wait some more for his mana to recover, we don't want main character mauled at the beginning of the story. Just lack of logic. Plenty of plot armor. Nothing is consistent. Comparing these rules to any game is an insult to game developers. No one would play shit game like this.

Am betting you that "forbidden magic" scroll that's encrypted will contain some magic that can affect goddess. Something equally stupid like paralyze. And he'll figure it out just in time before the season ends. Before then he will meet up with the blond chick and most likely few others to form a semi-harem because this is shitty japanese issekai we are talking about here.
Jul 14, 5:21 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to MeanEYE
@groudonvert to me there were no tactics involved. He just assumed soul eater would drop the guard after scaring him and he would use this chance to strike back. At no point was this drop of guard indicated or based on any observation. Just plot convenience. And more to the point we had no reason to believe even if the creature dropped the guard that it couldn't fire immediately like it did in the first instance, so this ends up being just plot armor. The way I see it nothing is established and reused later. He uses the excuse of spawned creatures looking like humans and he couldn't possibly attack them, and yet the goddess looks more human than all of them combined but he had no problem attacking her. He kills bunch of creatures and levels up 900 times, but his spell levels once. But all the creatures die at same rate regardless that he leveled up. Not to mention few creatures attack and the rest wait. Then wait some more for his mana to recover, we don't want main character mauled at the beginning of the story. Just lack of logic. Plenty of plot armor. Nothing is consistent. Comparing these rules to any game is an insult to game developers. No one would play shit game like this.

Am betting you that "forbidden magic" scroll that's encrypted will contain some magic that can affect goddess. Something equally stupid like paralyze. And he'll figure it out just in time before the season ends. Before then he will meet up with the blond chick and most likely few others to form a semi-harem because this is shitty japanese issekai we are talking about here.
MeanEYE said:
to me there were no tactics involved. He just assumed soul eater would drop the guard after scaring him and he would use this chance to strike back. At no point was this drop of guard indicated or based on any observation. Just plot convenience. And more to the point we had no reason to believe even if the creature dropped the guard that it couldn't fire immediately like it did in the first instance, so this ends up being just plot armor. The way I see it nothing is established and reused later. He uses the excuse of spawned creatures looking like humans and he couldn't possibly attack them, and yet the goddess looks more human than all of them combined but he had no problem attacking her.

The Soul Eater loves tourmenting his victims. That's something Touka quickly understood with the monsters with frozen human expression of fear and horror appeared. Touka took advantage of this and gave him as much despair as he could to the Soul Eater, so much that he got the best orgasm of joy in his life and that's when Touka attacked.

Touka is good at analyzing his enemies and take advantage of their weakness against them to create openings. That's basically what happens with the Soul Eater.

MeanEYE said:
Not to mention few creatures attack and the rest wait. Then wait some more for his mana to recover, we don't want main character mauled at the beginning of the story. Just lack of logic. Plenty of plot armor. Nothing is consistent. Comparing these rules to any game is an insult to game developers. No one would play shit game like this.

You think the monsters are just base monsters with no feelings at all. There's a reason why these monsters act like this They are endgame monsters in an endgame dungeon where are sent weaklings and disposed people. Most of them are weak af (E Rank remember ?), so they take great joy to torment their victim, but once they face something they can't beat, they just flee for their survival.

MeanEYE said:

There is no harem in this story. The rest is up to your imagination, but let me tell you that the story is not as predictable as you think it is ;)
Jul 14, 8:27 AM
May 2013
worthless trash garbage CG
Jul 14, 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
Guy is basically using a status dot build. He just needs bleed and all set. Anyway time for the revenge to begin. Elf girl gonna join next?
Jul 14, 6:47 PM
Feb 2016
Me staring at the screen when the anime is using 3D animation: 😳
It's okay, I've survived Tesla Note and quite enjoyed it, so surely I could survive this too
Jul 15, 4:59 PM
Aug 2023
Is it just me or there were parts were they changed the animation style because sometimes the MC looked kinda off. Overall I'd say it's not a bad start, let's see where it goes from here
Jul 15, 7:54 PM
May 2023
Good episode, the CGI doesn't convince me at all but other than that the 2D is fine
I didn't expect the level increase to be so fast, more than 1200 level is quite high in number but I suppose that in this world it must be something low, I don't want to imagine the high levels must be above 1M
Although the protagonist is thirsty for revenge and blood, he pretends to be heartless, cold and cruel, etc. I don't think it's that way... a person with these characteristics generally doesn't pray to the dead.

I like the character design a lot (except the generic monsters like the chicken, cow, etc.), maybe some designs look cuter in the manga
Now continue the journey towards revenge

PS: is Avengers Assemble coming? haha
Jul 15, 10:29 PM
Oct 2017
I really like the story and have read some of the books, but the animation is pretty bad. It's a shame really. This show would go crazy with good animation.
Yesterday, 1:47 AM
Mar 2012
oof those backgrounds & cg mc. monsters decent tho.
mc monologue is tiresome. that Cola ad was nice tho.
Yesterday, 5:35 AM
Jun 2024
MAKE ME DROP BABY!
Yesterday, 5:51 AM
May 2020
definition of faking it until you make it, that was some class a acting at the end to defeat that soul eater
Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Nov 2023
I like the anime, but there is a lot of CGI and very bad quality :(
7 hours ago
Apr 2024
Reply to MeanEYE
@Kai200X naah. All of the sudden it will be a pure 10/10 next episode as he'll discover third spell and become tactical and move a bit instead of holding out his hand and yelling PARARIZU, PARARIZU, PARARIZU, PARARIZU, PARARIZU, PARARIZU.
@MeanEYE Right now he only use 3 spells - Paralyze, Posion and Sleep... what's next? Confusion? Since he only know "low" level skills, so can't be too powerful?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4

143 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

» This is so Cliche but still entertaining

RONIN90MC - Jul 12

13 by AnimeTheOVA »»
Jul 15, 12:27 AM

» Kieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ZoeEbe - Jul 12

9 by CheliosX »»
Jul 13, 12:03 AM

» So basically Arifureta 2.0?

Zakku- - Jun 18

25 by lukyknhas »»
Jul 11, 5:35 PM

» Opening and Ending song

MegamiRem - Jul 11

1 by Saku33 »»
Jul 11, 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.