Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 7:58 AM
Apr 2018
Ending song make me surprise, i never thought there's a cover of Kawaiikute Gomen here
Jul 10, 7:58 AM
Aug 2022
Alya-san is trying kill us with cuteness overload.😍
His sister is definitely a devil one lol 😂.

Suou-San she's a daring one casually harassing Our Alya-san with spicy food and with lines like "Hah, what a big baby."🤣
Alya-san still has to realise that they're siblings nothing more than that.
This ED is so Cute.

Mod Edit: Removed extra screenshots. Only 1 screenshot per post unless hidden with spoiler/image tags
Ricky16Jul 10, 9:56 AM
Jul 10, 7:59 AM

May 2020
I don’t know but I’m waiting for the time when Alya will eventually come to know that this guy actually understands her broken russian… would be sooooo embarrassing though, for both of them. Also, I don’t know why every second person in this series is trying to recruit this guy in the student council, except for the fact that he’s the main character, or maybe except the fact that they are very short on manpower such that the criterion to be one of them is to be as basic as one could be plus one, whom girls fawn over, for reasons unknown.

That being that, of course the childhood friend wasn’t the childhood friend all along, and was the sister. I mean hardly matters, in the world of anime both of these segments of characters end up on the losing side, and see the same kind of affection from the main guy. By the way, Alya stalking them as obviously as someone could and later facing the consequences(in more ways than one) was… hilarious to say the least. Also, now is she gonna follow them all the way through?
Jul 10, 7:59 AM
Jan 2024
Another great episode, kinda piss me off that part when Yuki and Alisa fight in the restaurant but after all great episode!!!
Jul 10, 8:01 AM

Jan 2020
I never thought Yuki would be more scary than what I'd expect her to be, she's such the biggest troll Imao. I feel sad for Alya when she had to taste that spicy ramen as she only prefers sweet foods, though.

Doga Kobo sure spent some valuable budget for Alya's fashion show and that fanservice moment too, huge props to them.
RaiYouJul 10, 8:27 AM

Jul 10, 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Liked the ramen portion of the episode here, that was a bit fun. Alya's a pretty generic, pretty looking character so far, think the chemistry with her and Masachika is fine so far but nothing too special for the time being. The Russian portions still feel very forced for the sake of the gimmick here but that's just what the series is so it is what it is. Yuki's character changing completely at home in her full on sister mode since she and Masachika are real siblings and she's quite the personality to say the least. Doga Kobo got to work with some of the Alya fanservice too in the shopping portion. This show reeks mid 2010s rom-com, in both good and bad ways so far. Something about Masachika's voice in this anime is a bit grating, I'm not gonna lie. Especially in the portions with him reacting to Alya's Russian speak contradicting everything about what she is saying or acting towards him before.
Jul 10, 8:30 AM

Jul 2016
There are demonic little siblings, and then there's Suou. Her being quite literally in her element at the ramen shop of hell was almost too fitting lmao

And gotta love how the one thing that snaps Alya out of her embarrassment was the thought that her competition might be getting several steps ahead of her.
Jul 10, 8:34 AM

Apr 2010
Well i had my suspicion since their hair and eye colours where the same but it seems Suou and the main are siblings after all.
As for Suou's behaviour well she was her behaviour already gave all she was acting at school, still funny that she wanted to keep their family ties a secret tho.
Alya probably thinks something is up between the two now the question is does she realise they are siblings are will she get jealous because she doesn't know about their relationship.
It also looks like Suou known her brother speaks Russian.
Jul 10, 8:40 AM
Jul 2023
Ah, the reveal, the interactions between these two siblings is thoroughly enjoyable! Alya was pretty helpless against them.

A different ED, will this be the case for the whole season? Hopefully
MainnusJul 10, 8:57 AM
Jul 10, 8:41 AM
Jan 2020
Loved it. They followed the LN so well. Some dialogues and scenes were altered, but it was great. I just wish there wasn't this much fanservice.

9/10.
Jul 10, 8:42 AM
Dec 2022
10/10 ep

and also 10/10 ED!! wasn’t expecting kawaikutegomen to be here >_<
Jul 10, 8:42 AM
Feb 2019
kasih bintang 10 gara gara adek nya uwooogh #siscon
Jul 10, 8:43 AM

Mar 2021
Alya was adorable in this episode, she looked cute in all the outfits.
Jul 10, 8:45 AM
Feb 2023
I loved the ending wasn't expecting that
Jul 10, 8:46 AM
Apr 2024
Unexpected reveal which makes the teasing much more fun, and also another peek into the promised land.
Jul 10, 8:55 AM
Jun 2020
naahhh. this episode got me giggling like a 16 y/o wth was that lmaoo

that was some next level shh, from the imouto reveal to the mini Alya fanservice fashion show.

Jul 10, 8:56 AM

Jan 2024
It was unexpected, his sister is crazy, lol.

Alya is so cute when she is jealous
Jul 10, 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
Imouto's a complete weeb, love her. She knows her stuff, hella amusing. She even teased Alya with the spciy food and saying she was in bed with him. Alya looked cute wearing different outfits. ED song had some real cute visuals.

So who's gonna tell her?
MegamiRemJul 10, 11:25 AM
Jul 10, 8:59 AM

Dec 2010
Wincest indeed! If I were Masachika I wouldn't be able to restrain myself. One of the best imoutos I've seen in anime.
Jul 10, 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
noooo they gave the white girl the spicy ramen 😭 someone bring her the smetana
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Jul 10, 9:00 AM

Oct 2016
if one of the ending songs is that stupid Mashle song im gonna download minecraft just so i can km there
Jul 10, 9:05 AM

Mar 2020
This is turning out to be way funnier than I expected. The characters are all awesome in their own way, though out of the cast so far, Alya might be my least favourite, surprisingly enough. Yuki is just a massive memelord and it's amazing.
Jul 10, 9:14 AM
Apr 2023
It is really fun to watch these episodes, but i dont need the scenes in her underwear.
The sister is a fun characater who is kinda weird.
Jul 10, 9:16 AM

Feb 2021
Another decent episode, the animation is actually quite good for a romcom light novel adaptation, and once again the fan-service shots were really nice.

Jul 10, 9:17 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
THANK FUCK several of these "girl follows guy around" anime are keeping the fanservice on point

MadanielFL said:
and once again the fan-service shots were really nice.

PREACH

I'm hoping the HUGE success of Dress Up Darling was an inspiration to keep things sexy and not tone anything down
Jul 10, 9:24 AM
Oct 2020
0:18 I love him doing the cute voice and everything and then her doing it back is PEAK! And of course she does it knowing Alya is there to listen lol.

2:10 I really like the aura of this student President I hope to see more of him.

7:47 oh damn so she's his sister. I did think she looked way too similar to him. Lol, I love her even more now. A troll sister is best sister. There are no siblings that don't troll each other

8:22 omg WINCEST! Never though I'd see that actually in subs ever. I guess there's still the wincest route. Lets just hope this and oshi no ko don't go that route.

8:42 ....

That good morning my brother was special. Definitely going to relisten to that over and over. Though I keep thinking of Todo saying MY BROTHER! everytime lol.

10:42 Wild stalker Russian girl encountered. She's gotta up her stealth stats if she doesn't want to get caught. Also plz someone give me a compilation of her every "my Brother".

14:07 omg the eyes of every other customer lol. I wished we got some of their thoughts lol.
16:27 Poor Russian girl getting bullied by spice

17:20 True you don't really need a reason to aim higher I guess. Good ambition. I wished I had some of that. The ice cream looks good too.

20:18 this guy really knows how to compliment. I need to learn his ways. My vocabulary is limited to "AMAZING!" "Pretty!" "Looks Great!"

22:03 OMG THE EMBRASSMENT! I almost want to crawl into a hole from the second hand embarrassment alone lol.

22:18 this is a Russian phrase I'll actually use. Also love him translating for his sister. So she doesn't know Russian but knows he does. So in the end is everyone going to know what she's saying through the MC while she still thinks nobody can tell.

Alya looks great in everything.

Also, do we get a different ed every episode?

Great episode really loved every moment. Dogo Kobo is really cooking this season with this and Oshi no Ko. I don't support incest but I really love this sibling dynamic. More of this plz anime instead of that weakass step-sibling shit. Just have siblings actually be siblings around each other instead of being them brocons or siscons. And if you are shipping them the blood-relation is the good part what's the point if they're step siblings? Also from the opening is he going to help Alya run for student president against his sister? We getting a election arc? Hyped and more hype.

Here's a compilation of most of Yuki's scenes https://imgur.com/a/irish-twin-NBDHZ3B I found on reddit.
RexnihiloJul 10, 10:08 AM
Jul 10, 9:26 AM
Jul 2020
The ED was definitely a surprise. This episode was really cute with how Suo is nagging on Alya, although the ''incest'' part was a surprise for sure. Also shook Alya is so cute
Cornbeef19Jul 10, 9:31 AM
Jul 10, 9:27 AM
Sep 2021
ok im sold
voice actors are doing a great job

Jul 10, 9:28 AM

Jul 2021
The sister is freaking hilarious
Also Wow
Kawaikute Gomen. That song is just 1 yr old, so it seems they'll be using popular Japanese songs as the ending
Jul 10, 9:28 AM

Nov 2021
The detailing in Alya's dress changing 👌🔥

I was really surprised by the ending. Never thought we'd get a cover of Kawaiikute Gomen here.

Jul 10, 9:29 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Rexnihilo
0:18 I love him doing the cute voice and everything and then her doing it back is PEAK! And of course she does it knowing Alya is there to listen lol.

2:10 I really like the aura of this student President I hope to see more of him.

7:47 oh damn so she's his sister. I did think she looked way too similar to him. Lol, I love her even more now. A troll sister is best sister. There are no siblings that don't troll each other

8:22 omg WINCEST! Never though I'd see that actually in subs ever. I guess there's still the wincest route. Lets just hope this and oshi no ko don't go that route.

8:42 ....

That good morning my brother was special. Definitely going to relisten to that over and over. Though I keep thinking of Todo saying MY BROTHER! everytime lol.

10:42 Wild stalker Russian girl encountered. She's gotta up her stealth stats if she doesn't want to get caught. Also plz someone give me a compilation of her every "my Brother".

14:07 omg the eyes of every other customer lol. I wished we got some of their thoughts lol.
16:27 Poor Russian girl getting bullied by spice

17:20 True you don't really need a reason to aim higher I guess. Good ambition. I wished I had some of that. The ice cream looks good too.

20:18 this guy really knows how to compliment. I need to learn his ways. My vocabulary is limited to "AMAZING!" "Pretty!" "Looks Great!"

22:03 OMG THE EMBRASSMENT! I almost want to crawl into a hole from the second hand embarrassment alone lol.

22:18 this is a Russian phrase I'll actually use. Also love him translating for his sister. So she doesn't know Russian but knows he does. So in the end is everyone going to know what she's saying through the MC while she still thinks nobody can tell.

Alya looks great in everything.

Also, do we get a different ed every episode?

Great episode really loved every moment. Dogo Kobo is really cooking this season with this and Oshi no Ko. I don't support incest but I really love this sibling dynamic. More of this plz anime instead of that weakass step-sibling shit. Just have siblings actually be siblings around each other instead of being them brocons or siscons. And if you are shipping them the blood-relation is the good part what's the point if they're step siblings? Also from the opening is he going to help Alya run for student president against his sister? We getting a election arc? Hyped and more hype.

Here's a compilation of most of Yuki's scenes https://imgur.com/a/irish-twin-NBDHZ3B I found on reddit.
@Rexnihilo Great episode indeed. They followed the LN really well. About 80-85%. I wish there wasn't this much fanservice though. Episode 9 will feature a beach episode.
Jul 10, 9:31 AM

Dec 2016
This is getting better and better, it's great 9/10
Jul 10, 9:36 AM
Aug 2020
Hoping huge success for the studio who don't shy away from fanservice. Fanservice hates will start to hate the series from now on. I also enjoy that the main lead can rizz without become full tomato face.
Jul 10, 9:38 AM
May 2023
BRAT YUKI IS BEST THE ALYA FANSERVICE IS GOOD REAL GOOD MANNNN
SenKitsuJul 10, 9:43 AM
Jul 10, 9:41 AM

May 2023
only Yuki can carry this anime and only Yuki can make me continue watching this generic romcom anime. her personality is really interesting to watch. so this anime wants to include all the tropes in this anime lol.

for some reason, every part of Alya and Kuze I didn't laugh a lot watching it but instead I felt cringe but that's okay, hopefully after the next few episodes that won't happen again.

the part where Alya eats spicy ramen is very funny and stupid at the same time, why Alya has to make it more spicy is really funny or dumb i think.

so we get a lot of fan service in this episode, doga kobo know what they are doing. and new ED songs? sumippe singing Kawaiikute Gomen is something I never thought would happen in this anime, doga kobo really intend to produce this anime huh.
NezuSwallowtail_Jul 10, 11:08 AM
Jul 10, 9:43 AM

Jan 2009
They've been switching parts around this episode. Without spoiling, there should have been some Alya backstory first - which will most likely follow next. Which had the advantage that we got the full introduction of Best Wingtroll Evar Yuki first, but it leaves Alya seemingly a bit mundane and bland for the time being. But I'm sure this will be rectified soon.

Yuki is the MVP of this show. She makes every scene she appears in better. As a viewer not knowing the source: Just like with Alya, don't think you have figured her out already. One of the best parts of Roshidere is that all characters are nicely developed with their own motivations. This is NOT just the generic run-of-the-mill romcom.

Much more fanservice than I expected. I don't mind at all, but some viewers might be put off a bit. Alas :)
Jul 10, 9:48 AM

Aug 2022
This will be more interesting because Alya will run for the election of the next student council president.

Yuki is also revealed to be Masachika's younger sister, although I already suspected that from the start. Her character changes completely when she is with Masachika, like she is more tomboyish than usual.

Jul 10, 9:53 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Mentar
They've been switching parts around this episode. Without spoiling, there should have been some Alya backstory first - which will most likely follow next. Which had the advantage that we got the full introduction of Best Wingtroll Evar Yuki first, but it leaves Alya seemingly a bit mundane and bland for the time being. But I'm sure this will be rectified soon.

Yuki is the MVP of this show. She makes every scene she appears in better. As a viewer not knowing the source: Just like with Alya, don't think you have figured her out already. One of the best parts of Roshidere is that all characters are nicely developed with their own motivations. This is NOT just the generic run-of-the-mill romcom.

Much more fanservice than I expected. I don't mind at all, but some viewers might be put off a bit. Alas :)
@Mentar I see so they switched some parts. While I really enjoyed this episode Alya is still quite underwhelming despite how cute she is. Glad to know that all the characters are nicely developed. I did have high expectations though because of the high rating of the novel so glad to hear my expectations probably won't be disappointed. The fanservice was also nice though it definitely puts off some viewers but honestly, it's about what I expected after the first episode feet scene.

Anyways hyped for the Alya backstory.
Jul 10, 9:56 AM

May 2021
thank you sunsunsun and doga kobo for this peak. warra funny wincest jokes from the smuglord herself, she is so cute.

ppl just have to embrace it when the fanservice is great like this. alya also is down bad for him too huh. (yuki goat propaganda ftw!)

Jul 10, 10:01 AM

Jun 2014
Yuki being Masachika’s younger sister answers the question of how she knew so much about his life at home. Her personality is quite different from how she presents herself at school lol. She’s basically a chuuni otaku 💀 I’m actually really enjoying this show so far. It helps that the MC doesn’t get flustered by simply existing alongside women and that the comedy actually lands most of the time without being too cringey.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 10, 10:03 AM

Apr 2014
:O good erotic part with lots of laughs.
Jul 10, 10:07 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Softhenic03
I don’t know but I’m waiting for the time when Alya will eventually come to know that this guy actually understands her broken russian… would be sooooo embarrassing though, for both of them. Also, I don’t know why every second person in this series is trying to recruit this guy in the student council, except for the fact that he’s the main character, or maybe except the fact that they are very short on manpower such that the criterion to be one of them is to be as basic as one could be plus one, whom girls fawn over, for reasons unknown.

That being that, of course the childhood friend wasn’t the childhood friend all along, and was the sister. I mean hardly matters, in the world of anime both of these segments of characters end up on the losing side, and see the same kind of affection from the main guy. By the way, Alya stalking them as obviously as someone could and later facing the consequences(in more ways than one) was… hilarious to say the least. Also, now is she gonna follow them all the way through?
@Softhenic03 Arya will know eventually, but at least not in this season. Everybody wants Kuze to join the high school's student council since he was the vice president in the middle school (Yuki was the president) and he's a really good one, I'm not sure that will be told or not but he has real badass abilities for the job.
Jul 10, 10:09 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Mainnus
Ah, the reveal, the interactions between these two siblings is thoroughly enjoyable! Alya was pretty helpless against them.

A different ED, will this be the case for the whole season? Hopefully
@Mainnus this siblings are very funny 4sure, and there will be 1 different ED for every single EP
Jul 10, 10:10 AM

Jan 2020
LighTing4321 said:
Another great episode, kinda piss me off that part when Yuki and Alisa fight in the restaurant but after all great episode!!!

That part was funny, but I felt a little bad for Alya
Jul 10, 10:10 AM

May 2018
Damn the ed song caught me by suprise
sup dumbo
Jul 10, 10:11 AM

Feb 2019
Gooners are gonna go crazy over this episode 😂. Best girl Yuki is here, always been my fave part of the novels.

She was a riot in this one! Seeing her composed and dignified student council demeanour at school and then at home she’s a wincest enjoying degen. One of us, one of us! “It’s only good if they’re blood related” 😭

Doga Kobo doing a great job of seamlessly integrating the fanservice stuff into the story, but not being overly horny with it if that makes sense. Like I love the scene of Yuki waking up Kuze and teasing em. He’s better than me because I’d have folded.

Alya giving Kuze a private fashion show was great, some nice camera angles, but Yuki came to cockblock at the worst time 💀 it’ll take her a while to live down that embarrassment

Uh oh! She knows they got off at the same stop now. Next episode should be fun.

Sumipe is doing such a good job as Alya but I keep hearing lum whenever she talks 😭 the ED is so cute for this episode too!
Marinate1016Jul 10, 12:10 PM
Jul 10, 10:12 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Softhenic03

Softhenic03 said:
don’t know but I’m waiting for the time when Alya will eventually come to know that this guy actually understands her broken russian… would be sooooo embarrassing though, for both of them. Also, I don’t know why every second person in this series is trying to recruit this guy in the student council, except for the fact that he’s the main character, or maybe except the fact that they are very short on manpower such that the criterion to be one of them is to be as basic as one could be plus one, whom girls fawn over, for reasons unknown.
I'm guessing it's because of his sister gassing him up every chance she gets. Oh he can get things done oh he's so capable etc. He was also her vice president in middle school so he actually does have experience. I'm just waiting for Alya to ask him to join.
Jul 10, 10:13 AM

Aug 2017
Fan service, tsundere, wincest, normal MC. This one is a real banger so far

OP is one of my favorites ever too. Surprisingly dramatic
Jul 10, 10:14 AM
Jul 2022
using kawaikute gomen was so unexpected lol
Jul 10, 10:14 AM
Oct 2022
Still really not sure what the point is in him pretending not to understand Alya (Or hiding that Yuki is his sister. either). I mean, they heard her say something in the dressing room, but she couldn't hear when Yuki asked what she said and he correctly translated it? Ok.

Its a cute anime but requires copious amounts of suspension of disbelief.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Masachika is the best !

lightning_angad7 - Yesterday

32 by lightning_angad7 »»
4 minutes ago

» LN readers, without spoilers, does it ACTUALLY get as bad as some say? Or is it just another case of loud minority being annoying?

Shamsy - Yesterday

25 by Playcool »»
35 minutes ago

» The english dub is reaaaaly funny

ErraticCamp - Yesterday

20 by Ugly11 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aversa - Jul 24

170 by aurora_yuuki »»
3 hours ago

» This is almost on the level of kaguya sama and im here for it

Kitsune_089 - Jul 24

31 by aurora_yuuki »»
4 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.