Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 3, 1:30 AM
Nov 2021
Jesus, I have never seen such a horribly paced episode in my life. The characters are unbelievable and incomprehensible, I don't believe that they tried to stuff so much into this single episode. If they had taken the time to develop the our "2" mcs we would actually feel something and understand something but no we can't have nice things and we jump to the main heroine blushing and calling his name. What the hell was with that, jumping everywhere all at the same time. The worst scene so far has to be the park scene when they were alone, it was trying so hard to be emotionally impactful but with how fast paced this episode was there was no time to even grow attached to characters much less to understand.

It HAD potential to be good but this start is just not it and it has soured my day.
Jul 3, 3:02 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to JaysonNnN
ShiroAlex said:
Judging by the news that there will be two cours, all 6 volumes of the manga will be filmed, which according to the first series is too fast a narrative and a good opening, plus a pleasant heroine with a smart main character.

The anime gonna adapt the part 1 and 2 of the manga, it as been annonced.
@JaysonNnN Is it true? I just couldn't find any information about it. Then the pace of the narrative is very strange, considering that 6 volumes have been released, on mangaupdates the status of the manga is completed, which seems to hint that one arc takes on average 2 volumes, and if only 2 arcs are adapted, then the pace of the narrative is very strange for the first series.
Jul 3, 3:28 AM
Oct 2012
This was....bad. If the production does not care, then what do they expect from us viewers?
Jul 3, 3:38 AM
Sep 2019
Dude just drop died like nothing
Just a minute ago he was our mc and a possible romance couple leading upto for the final. And
Boom bye bye. Protagonist-kun

It was so weird that I'm curious 🤨 what kind of shit Gonna happened now.
Jul 3, 3:39 AM

Apr 2008
I actually like the core premise, at least as far as dumb death games go, but the execution was real weak. The intro looked incredibly cheap, and I'm so confused what it was trying to convey when the guy had a gun and the scene started jumping around. If the intro was so bad because they genuinely killed off all the guys who featured so heavily in it then absolutely well played, but I don't buy it. It's going to be some fake out. Ideally of a sort that explains what happened in the gun scenes. Going to stick with it, but I've got way more hope for the unintentional comedy of another King's Game than anything compelling.
Jul 3, 4:52 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to Moppit
I think I'm going to wait until it gets done airing to give it a try. I have been burned on the last few "high stakes" animes. The way you guys are talking is not that impressive.
@Moppit same, it was on my watch list but now i will remove it and wait after 3-4 ep if people are more excited...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 3, 6:37 AM
Oct 2022
I’m not going type a novel recapping what everyone just watched. It’s just my opinion here so please take it with a grain of salt. 🧂 Honestly, for me it was so bad that I’d just about choose contracting food poisoning over watching it again. Nothing new, nothing good. The first thing that jumped out to me was how bland everything seemed. Especially the color. It all just looked washed out. Like a marker that’s about to run out. Second, how TF is everyone so calm? This is another crazy example of the author making children act like war hardened adults.. these are teenagers who have most likely not faced any REAL hardships in their entire lives but are as composed as veteran special forces officers.. I mean they did just lose everything they’ve ever known, loved, and depended on but hey don’t look down on the student council! Now we know who to lead mankind when the apocalypse happens.. any Japanese high school student council will bring it home.. Jesus Christ.. Lastly and the coup de grace for me (which is already at WAY overkill) is when Sanetsu completely sh$&@ himself when the young lady touches his hand and calls out his first name… what was she thinking?! 🙄 the world they knew has ended and he’s still self conscious and embarrassed over a god da$& name and hand touch?! What really needs to happen is the person or persons who are behind green lighting this project should be tracked down and brought to justice for crimes against humanity.. its truly been a good while since I’ve disliked an anime to this extent. Sure I complain about sissy mc’s or questionable author choices on the reg but hardly ever do I just drop trow and take a major dump on someone’s hard work like this. Its truly just that bad.. shame on you guys!
Jul 3, 7:13 AM
Jul 2022
The soundtrack is realy good but some part of the anime looks like its chopped like they couldnt continue to animate that scene cause of low budget the story is like a 7 but the ending kinda hooked me i wanna see what will happen.
Jul 3, 7:17 AM
Sep 2016
It was ok I guess, but they gotta slow it down because shit is happening too fast. I wanna know characters more.
Jul 3, 7:49 AM
Oct 2020
looks like alice in borderland. the plot quite fast paced for me. but still enjoyable
Jul 3, 8:21 AM

Aug 2019
Well then. That was pretty bad LOL I knew this was going to be pretty bad, but this is somehow worse than I thought it'd be. I might give the next two episodes a shot, maybe not, not really sure because wow that kinda sucked

Edit: The MC's parents are probably going to have something to do with this right? The way the MC talked about them makes me think that, but also wasn't the mom's face blurred out in the OP or something like that? I didn't get a good look, tbh I hate the OP too lol
AlkimiaJul 3, 8:46 AM
Jul 3, 8:23 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Kast2
Surely more interesting than Liar Liar or Gods' Game We Play.
@Kast2 Ngl I think I would rather watch those than this. I at least watched more than one episode of those shows, meanwhile for this I already want to drop it
Jul 3, 10:13 AM
Mar 2017
allegedly this episode came out yesterday but it feels like it aired mid 2012 or earlier
Jul 3, 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
Reply to IzanaSolos
Mangaka Taiga Miyakawa's death game manga, to which NO information is known about it in English at least, now being adapted into an anime. The real question is, will this finally be our anime equivalent to Squid Game, or will Tomodachi Game forever hold that title?

Vivarush's OP is generic, by all fronts. Same to be said about issey's ED.

From the minute this show started with a whole scene with the MC, Saneatsu, enjoying life and going to school and such, something was bound to happen. And not anything good, that is. To obviously give the MC a motive and grudge against this whole game they have to kill of his best friend ofc. Then to what I would assume will be our main group of character for now, because some give off that so generic, they're bound to die in the first three episodes vibe.

And in typical death game anime fashion, the glasses dude is the traitor, and by traitor, THIS DUDE WAS READY TO KILL THESE DUDES WITH A GUN... A GUN. And at the ending, their friend's intense death face pops up first. Lol, is that supposed to be the highlight every time.

Interesting enough start. And okay start even. Nothing more, nothing less. This being 2-cour makes me worried, for many reasons.
@IzanaSolos

The west has fallen if we're calling tomodachi game the anime version of squid game when squid game is inspired by a manga that has an anime
Jul 3, 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
This looks absurdly bad
Jul 3, 11:24 AM

Jun 2020
Oh god where do I even begin… Almost everytime there is a survival game anime made its bad. From the start its very hard theme to make right this one of the do it very greatly or you dont. The main point is characters and their actions if they written poorly we can forget about an good anime.

And this anime is amazing example to this. Characters acts dumb as fuck and not realistic at all. No one gonna be that chill when something like this happens at least bring real emotions.Im sure everybody gonna be chill when their all family died amd the idea to go home for the night and come back at the morning to school is the dumbest shit I ever heard in my life so you don’t eben know what happens and you wanna split ? Not even sa smaller groups of 2-3 people no everybody go to home alone. The last question was woman or man which is can be interesting question because as for now we see a lot of less woman then man but in the end we see that man choose man and woman choose woman as Im gonna guess well maybe Im wrong. This is the actually the part that they should make longer how and why someone chooses the answer in the psychological situation that they are right now.
Is there are equal amount of woman and man or less woman from the point of view of who survived their school? Do other man gonna choose woman thinking the same think?

I dont care that MC gonna blush when the girl touches him who tf cares. Give me anime with good written characters who try to survive
kirA_-_Jul 3, 11:32 AM
Jul 3, 11:50 AM
Jul 2014
maybe the genre is just overplayed but i feel like everything about the show from the plot, characters, storytelling and pacing is all 1 secondrate or supar, 2 cringe, with maybe the only exception the art quality.
Jul 3, 12:32 PM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
I didn't have high expectations for this, but I was still kind of hoping it would surprise me and be a hidden gem among dozens of dull high stakes game anime... Sadly, that wasn't the case. The first episode was already very fast-paced and high tension yet it wasn't engaging at all – I don't think I've ever seen a suspense show pilot with less substance than this. Even the shock value scenes, which are usually the saving grace for many B-tier psychological shows, were completely bland and felt meaningless. Not going to continue next week.
Jul 3, 12:40 PM

Jul 2020
I usually enjoy survival game anime but this was uhmm really disappointing.. I'm not even sure I'll make it through first 3 episodes but I'll do my best lol
Jul 3, 1:07 PM
Jan 2024
I usually don't shit on Animes and mangas that easily cause I know how much hard work goes into producing these works but oh man...this one!!
I was excited about this one cause the synopsis felt similar to Alice In Borderland and I usually follow the 3 ep rule before dropping an anime but here, the 1st episode was enough...I'm telling you it gave me a headache and I felt sick.
firstly it's way too faced paced. 1 episode and it felt like they tried to cram in as much as they could. it was so weird. first they are all going about their normals lives, then boom! the world's almost coming to an end, their precious family and friends are dead and their reactions are just so bland. they are teenagers but they behave like they came out of AOT so this shit is real easy for them! they don't even care or cry. that girl out of the blue, blushes and calls the MCs name and then the MX is blushing, like what the heck was that??
then the weird cuts. one scene just cuts abruptly and then there's this BGM and then bam, another scene. there were these badly handled transitions every few seconds and after each transition there's that goddamn BGM which is suppsed to remind you this is a serious anime?
the story itself is all over the place, since its faced paced, you don't even get the characters. no attachment nothing. they're too bland. no depth to them nothing. they simply have nothing worthwhile to even root for.
then the animation is bad. the colours are just...oh my god.
its been a long time since I've watched something this bad.
AakBan_Pochi29Jul 3, 1:26 PM
Jul 3, 1:56 PM
Mar 2020
Guy who got kicked into the balls must be terminator... *Kick to the balls", *no reaction*....
Jul 3, 2:00 PM

Jan 2023
By now I don’t understand why the low rate, maybe the used theme of death games (like Alice in borderland, Squid Game, Tomodachi games or the recently aired God’s games we play), the average animation or the fact that there’s no information about it’s source material. But in my opinion, this is getting interesting, I’m giving this an opportunity, lets see how the Story unfolds.

Ngl, “I’m gonna shoot you”,”I refuse” is nonsense but yeah, the 3 eps rules.
0k_CxzJul 3, 2:09 PM
Jul 3, 5:16 PM

Apr 2015
If it was some years ago i would watch for sure. It is 2-cour of a complete trainwreck series, i can't handle this anymore.
Jul 3, 10:03 PM

Dec 2019
Damn this was bad. Like, REALLY bad. No coherent transition between scenes, extremely rushed plot, awful voice acting, extremely generic character design. First episode and this is already profiling itself as candidate for the worst anime of the season.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Jul 3, 10:13 PM
Oct 2019
ShiroAlex said:
@JaysonNnN Is it true? I just couldn't find any information about it. Then the pace of the narrative is very strange, considering that 6 volumes have been released, on mangaupdates the status of the manga is completed, which seems to hint that one arc takes on average 2 volumes, and if only 2 arcs are adapted, then the pace of the narrative is very strange for the first series.

In fact it's more complicated than that.
It's like Jojo's, there are several parts and each part restarts volume 1.
The first 6 volumes marked as "finished" constitute part 1 of the manga.
The difference with Jojo's is that each part is a direct sequel.
In short, each part = a different manga, but it's the same story that continues each time.
The manga is currently in its part 4, which is still in progress.
The anime will adapt parts 1 and 2.
It was the official twitter of the anime and the manga (and even the mangaka) who confirmed it, notably the tweet on the most recent Key Visual.
That's all there is to know, it's just that outside of Japan, it's completely unknown, so even MAL or mangaupdates don't have all the data.
Jul 3, 10:25 PM
Sep 2021
oh look another anime like king's game that people will hate/hate on for dumb reasons
Jul 3, 11:21 PM
Feb 2020
10 characters to start, at least 1 getting 'offed' each episode (we assume). Something's off about the rules for one cour, much less two

I'm not sure if this is enticing enough for me to be interested past the 3-episode
Jul 4, 1:35 AM

Nov 2023
It honestly looks really bad, and the whole episode is just a mess.

I'm guessing there isn't a MC and more like we'll move onto different characters, but I wasn't expecting the guy to die.
Jul 4, 1:48 AM

Nov 2012
Boy oh boy, it's time for a new entry into everyone's favorite punching bag of a genre: stupid death games! Having a 5.5 rating after one episode is always a good sign.

The real question is, will MAL hate it more than Satelight apparently did, based on how hard they phoned this one in?

That said, I am a bit interested in the idea of only the girls remaining, especially since they haven't been written as moe blobs so far.
Jul 4, 2:42 AM
Apr 2024
Man, I still don't understand the vibe of this anime but I'm very intrigued, because the idea is that if there's a majority they die, that in itself is scary and very intriguing, now I really hope the protagonist hasn't died because it doesn't make sense to you kill the prota right away. As I said, I haven't seen the original material, everything is new so let's enjoy the experience, I don't know the vibe of the anime but the idea is very interesting
Jul 4, 2:58 AM
May 2024
Not sure how to feel about this one, I typically like these sort of death game animes/games- big fan of danganronpa and your turn to die, for example. First issue I've faced with this is it's moving so fast, why should I care if these characters are dead?? I don't even know most of their names, why should I care if the mc's best friend died or the president died? We barely got to see anything about them? Character death doesn't mean anything if you haven't had time to get to know and like that character, which seems to be a big issue with these kinds of shows where they just simply don't give the viewer enough time to grow attached to the character's they're killing off. The obvious romance they were pushing between the two main charas was annoying, honestly I wouldn't mind if the mc is actually dead and the show's going to follow the girl. However I doubt that, feel like something's going to happen with that privilege thing. Also honestly I doubt every male character died, there seemed to be male charas in the ending and opening they were going to build on. Either way, this is just meh to me right now. Going to keep watching cause I am curious to see how they're gonna handle this, but that's about it
Jul 4, 7:01 AM
Sep 2008
This looks so average
Jul 4, 7:27 AM
Nov 2018
Saimatsu_Fan said:
oh look another anime like king's game that people will hate/hate on for dumb reasons

I don't know about hating, but the narrative really is bad. They are convinced they can stop the Emperor if they can find him. Even though the Emperor seem to have the ability to isolate a lot of people and kill them at will. Let alone they don't even know what he looks like. When there were a million people left, they sounded like they could get a even vote down the middle to stop people from dying. Plus, it's not a survival game when the questions that come up either fall in one category or the other. So far, it's been a brutal way of taking a poll where the majority of the poll dies.
MoppitJul 4, 8:55 PM
Jul 4, 7:31 AM

Jan 2015
Yay, another one of them hilariously bad death game titles!
Jul 4, 10:32 AM
Apr 2019
Story seems cool but the pacing is bad
Jul 4, 11:09 AM
Oct 2019
I started watching without understanding anything, and when I finished, it felt like I was at the beginning
Jul 4, 3:33 PM
Mar 2021
It fuckin sucked.
Jul 4, 4:35 PM

May 2021
You know you are in a treat for bad stuff when they don't bother coloring background characters and when they take shortcuts and reuse backgrounds. You are suppose to put your best foot forward, not take shortcuts first ten minutes.

Absolute minimum of animation. Minimum number of dynamic frames. Just static image with panning camera or moving mouths. Half of the shots are frontal with lazy background and monologue.

On top of that shit acting nails it. High school kids lost ALL of their beloved ones, all relatives, all friends, all crushes and no a single one can muster a hysterical reaction. Some even seem bored by it. In fact they reacted more about class president dying than their parents, friends and pets.
Jul 4, 4:38 PM

May 2021
Reply to Ventus_S
Wtf , mc died in first episode?

This is one of the most fast paced/ confusing death game i've ever seen .
But due to how ridiculous the whole premise is right now, i am curious to see what's going to happen next despite this might be dog shit in the end XD.
@Ventus_S Since "test run" was mentioned am assuming next episode everything is going to return as it was with MC being confused and some screaming, typical of japanese protagonist. Then mystery comes from them trying to figure out what's going on and expecting what comes next.
Jul 4, 8:39 PM

Nov 2016
We have danganronpa at home
Jul 4, 10:48 PM
Sep 2021
Moppit said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

I don't know about hating, but the narrative really is bad. They are convinced they can stop the Emperor if they can find him. Even though the Emperor seem to have the ability to isolate a lot of people and kill them at will. Let alone they don't even know what he looks like. When there were a million people left, they sounded like they could get a even vote down the middle to stop people from dying. Plus, it's not a survival game when the questions that come up either fall in one category or the other. So far, it's been a brutal way of taking a poll where the majority of the poll dies.

they literally have no other solution to end this survival game, that's not a " bad narrative " lol
Jul 5, 10:47 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to JaysonNnN
ShiroAlex said:

In fact it's more complicated than that.
It's like Jojo's, there are several parts and each part restarts volume 1.
The first 6 volumes marked as "finished" constitute part 1 of the manga.
The difference with Jojo's is that each part is a direct sequel.
In short, each part = a different manga, but it's the same story that continues each time.
The manga is currently in its part 4, which is still in progress.
The anime will adapt parts 1 and 2.
It was the official twitter of the anime and the manga (and even the mangaka) who confirmed it, notably the tweet on the most recent Key Visual.
That's all there is to know, it's just that outside of Japan, it's completely unknown, so even MAL or mangaupdates don't have all the data.
@JaysonNnN Thanks for the explanation.
Jul 5, 10:53 AM
Nov 2019
what's wrong with the 2nd half, it's so weird
Jul 5, 2:12 PM

Jun 2013
I refuse
*gets shot
*surprised Pikachu face
Jul 5, 9:25 PM

Apr 2009
How is Emperor killing people? If half the people died who cleaned up all the bodies? Is the apparent main character actually dead?

It's probably not a good sign after the first episode I'm not actually that interested in the answers to any of those questions. No character left any impression at all, the game is kind of convoluted, the mechanics described so far aren't all that interesting, pacing was kind of odd. I'll give it a couple more episodes since I haven't seen many death game shows before but so far it's not clicking for me.
Jul 6, 2:39 AM
Apr 2022
Forget about a date with the emperor, he should just kill everyone and end this awful show
Jul 6, 3:30 AM

Jan 2017
Kinda confused but let's see how it goes..
Jul 6, 6:59 AM
Jun 2023
I liked the anime, it was similar to anime Ousama Game The Animation or Another
Jul 7, 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to AnimeFan500
What The .......the choice at the end Male or Female. The MC died.... WTF??!!
@AnimeFan500 Interestingly, the first thing I noticed in the character/Cast lineup is ... they are all listed as supporting characters with no "Main"
Jul 7, 9:15 AM

Oct 2011
Ecchi-Go said:
@AnimeFan500 Interestingly, the first thing I noticed in the character/Cast lineup is ... they are all listed as supporting characters with no "Main"

Omg. no one is safe
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Show rank

CaffieneKitty - 6 hours ago

4 by yummy_W4ffle »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Tasuuketsu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27

5 by Scootboi »»
Yesterday, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Tasuuketsu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20

14 by StateofOhayo »»
Aug 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Tasuuketsu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13

11 by PettankoLover »»
Aug 18, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Tasuuketsu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23

13 by kirA_-_ »»
Aug 17, 7:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.