Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 1, 4:05 AM
Dec 2022
FREE MY BOY KAFKA HE AINT DO NOTHING WRONG
the fight was cool asf

is it hibinover??
Jul 1, 1:16 PM
Apr 2020
me encanto, la resolución de la imagen es tremenda
Jul 2, 8:46 PM
Feb 2014
It was honestly so precious that he said "can I still stand by your side" and she said "yes." Like wtf.... I know it might seem cringe and gushy. I shouldn't have to justify. This show balances extreme consequences alongside hopefulness really well. It takes the silly elements from Naruto and the very austere elements from NGE, and meshes them together so well it's a constant roller coaster of emotions. Some people might say the show's humor is a little dumb, but honestly, once you get through most of your 20s beating yourself over the head about the trajectory of your life, you start to wonder why you didn't just enjoy yourself and live to be happy in spite of all the things that have happened and will eventually crop up that will put you in a dour and dark disposition. I think this is the perfect show to watch if you're Kafka's age, late 20s to early 30s. And I look forward to season 2.
Jul 4, 2:46 PM
Jun 2015
I thought the rest of his team would despite Kafka for keeping this a secret but to my surprise, I’m glad they acknowledged everything he’s done to help as the old guy.

They sign of salute from the task force as he was departing was touching. Nice finesse on the Vice Captain’s part towards his superior.

It looks like the Director has a grudge towards to Kaiju for the murder of his…wife? I wonder if it was humanoid Kaiju that caught them by surprise or just a regular Kaiju that killed her.

I didn’t expect him to come out as personally equip himself like that and become such a menace! Kafka had no choice but to transform out of survival instinct.
I really hope Eren - I mean Kafka can regain his senses and show the Director that he fights for humanity!!

As stubborn as the Director is, it might take the Director nearly getting killed for Kafka to nearly transform back and show mercy, since Kafka could never bring himself to kill a human.

I’m betting my next paycheck on this ending.

FINAL EPISODE LET’S GO! I don’t want this to end :(
Jul 5, 8:56 PM
Apr 2021
I completely forgot that Kafka goes berserk mode in the manga so seeing this really caught me off guard and the animation WAS SO FUCKING GOOOOOOD OMGGGG Production I.G truly has found their standout anime similar to how MAPPA has JJK and Bones has MHA🤩🔥🔥🔥

Mina is a real one man I love her so much and I just want her and Kafka to get together🥹
Jul 6, 11:53 AM
Jun 2019
holy shit that was insane!!!! That transformation into monster kyjui was nutssssss
Jul 7, 2:39 AM

Dec 2013
It's sweet how everyone from the third wants to help Kafka.

This was the worst possible moment to go berserk with his powers suddenly.
Jul 7, 3:29 AM
Apr 2022
I really do love the you-ask-for-it moment in this EP :)
Jul 7, 5:17 AM
Jun 2013
Freaking finally they dubbed the last two episodes. Iv been itching to watch.Its funny how one of the top people were like "lets chop him up and experiment on him." like the only sensible guy was the one saying to use kafka as their own weapon after all hes saved the team multiple times so it shows hes willing to work with everyone. Ichikawa keeps being a bro and its always nice to see a more relaxed mina. The salute gestuer was coo too even though hoshina had to lie. Nice to see some daughter father interaction and an extra explanation on why both despise kaiju. The dad is still pretty cold and douchy. Not going to lie them gauntlets are pretty bad ass and I would want them. Also how the hell do they make mechanical weapons from organic corpse. This is like bionic commando.
Jul 7, 11:19 AM
Nov 2022
Authentic cinema, an episode of pure action.

I was surprised that the Kaiju that Kafka ate could talk xd
Jul 7, 2:32 PM

Nov 2017
This ep was too amazing, might have to finish in sub. I gotta' know what happens. Oh well. Maybe I'll watch the dub too when it comes out.

No way I'm waiting weeks for this sh#%.
Jul 8, 3:46 AM

Apr 2024
Kafka has to prove that he has control of himself and this episode was fucking epic. Him against Shinomiya's dad is so good. Sadly his Kaiju urges have gotten to him. I fear his fate in the next episode.
Jul 8, 8:43 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was sooo rough man, Kafka lost it.
Jul 8, 8:29 PM

Jul 2008
Well that couldn't have gone any worse for Kafka.
Jul 8, 9:09 PM
Jan 2017
Kafka's wacky misadventures continue as he has been captured by the Defense Force and he desperately tries to prove that, after everything that's happened, he is still human. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done, as Kafka is forced to confront his greatest challenge yet, Kikoru's father, who has weaponized the remnants of a kaiju to fight him. Seriously, Kafka would rather be fighting an actual kaiju right now.

I have to say, this episode was better than the rest and not just because we're seeing plotlines get some much-needed payoff but also because the comedy is kept to a minimum, which allows the dramatic moments to be more meaningful. It would have been easy for Kaiju No. 8 to just embrace the inherent wackiness of its premise to its hilarious extreme, but I'm glad to know that it can be dramatic when it wants to be.
Jul 10, 12:38 AM

Jun 2015
Kafka's having a Mikasa slapping moment. SHE MUST BE SLAPPED!!!!!
Jul 10, 8:05 AM
May 2023
THE WAY MINA HAD ME CRYING WHEN SHE SAID SHED WAIT FOR HIM

Jul 11, 2:03 PM

Feb 2018
Whilst it did look like Mina might have turned on Kafka at the end there, it seems the team is still there to support him.
Not really sure how he is going to get out of this situation.
This fight at the end seems to be Shinomiy's father trying to prove that Kafka has no humanity, but if he's able to keep it together then this could be his ticket out of the prison.
Jul 13, 11:52 AM

Jun 2022
1) would have been better with more cool fights instead of these drama bits .

2) oh no grandpa , u deserve some damage too ... ready urself old timer

Jul 13, 9:30 PM

Dec 2022
okay director general is badass as fuck with those Godzilla Gloves
Jul 22, 9:47 AM

Aug 2022
The animation was crazy, at the end ! The show gets better and better
Jul 23, 5:22 AM

Apr 2024
Now Kafka can't control his kaiju body anymore, which gives the defense force even more reason to eliminate him. He'd better figure out a way to regain control, or perhaps someone like Kikoru or Mina will interfere to stop the fight

Jul 26, 9:37 PM

May 2018
ningen ningen yamete kudasai
Jul 31, 12:56 PM
Dec 2015
The visual at the end was crazy
Aug 1, 6:51 PM
Oct 2021
The level of flawless animation in this is just superb. If anything I'll give it its moments but now I can't bother but compare since someone from the previous comments said it feels like AOT. And this seems so much truer the more I watch now. Don't know if the author's influence lies there, but if it does he didn't do a good enough job of fleshing out his characters for us to care. If anything, the lack of human horror, moments of grief and despair makes this seem way too much like a Disney movie than it should. The damage the Kaiju cause is never indicated in casualties thus far, and rather takes away from why they're such a threat to human life especially soldier if they keep on losing this much or to this degree.
Aug 8, 9:42 PM

Mar 2015
Excellent action here, and we finally have a look at the kaiju that possessed Kafka to begin with, though we still don't know its rhyme or reason for choosing Kafka specifically.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 10, 5:07 AM
Jul 2024
Bestttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Aug 24, 11:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least it's heartwarming to see that despite the situation and the shock all people from Kafka group are still trying to defend him even Mina, Shinomiya father coming and shooting at him to prove his point was hardcore though especially how it just led to a battle but this way is WAY TOO strong with all his stuff and it just made Kafka go berserk in Kaiju form... truly impressive 2nd half wow.
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Oct 2022
They consider if he’s more use to them alive . They will decide its fate once they have it. He was so close. He has marched before everyone. He breaks formation to declare his faith. It’s such a hum thing to turn into a monster. Not one of them thinks of him as an enemy. She will be waiting. Yes sir. Salute. They secretly salute their captain. What did he mean by that? She will compile. He had the nerve to hold back against a superior. He claims it isn’t human. She still believes in him. He is coming back. They will be training with the other divisions. They are splitting up the team. They are calling in favors for their friend. He is planning on settling the important matter himself. He claims nothing that can stop bullets with its skin counts as human. Kaiju number 2 gloves. Something is different now. Ain’t he still human. The original shows again. 5
Sep 24, 10:50 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Galafanakis
THE CLIFFHANGER BROOOO
@Galafanakis heyyy ally i miss u *winks aggressively*
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» what's with the hate? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 18

74 by removed-user »»
Sep 26, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

275 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 15

259 by TheVistrian »»

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 8

186 by TheVistrian »»

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 1

146 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.