Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 8:05 AM

Jan 2018
We got another new exorcist manga. Nakano serialized 2 of them on the same batch on his way out. The art was pretty cool for this one.
Jun 23, 8:10 AM

Sep 2011
two exorcist series I can understand. two exorcist series that are also gag manga is such a weird thing to do in the same batch
Jun 23, 11:31 AM

Jun 2014
The main character is an idiot and I love him. This was unexpectedly good? Curious if the Japanese reception will be strong enough for it to survive.
:3
Jun 23, 4:53 PM
Oct 2020
Ok looks fun but damn how many exorcist manga are we going to get? I know those types are popular right now but some diversity?
Jun 23, 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
I did sigh a bit when I saw not only another exorcist series, but another exorcist gag series in the same batch. Having said that, it was a fun first chapter, and with a debut on my birthday I want to put stock into it. Seriously though, what the hell is Jump thinking with this release line up?
Jun 23, 9:16 PM

Oct 2018
This will sound crazy, but I'm hoping this turns out as a comedy stint with action bits, rather than an action story with comedy added. I was entertained by the jokes, but when it got less goofy in the second half, the ensuing story beats felt pretty cliche.
Jun 24, 2:10 AM
Feb 2024
I think the art was quite nice, and it was pretty funny but having two gag exorcist manga’s debuting in back to back weeks is odd, at least the did have slightly different gags though obviously both exorcists are quite similar personalities wise, but murakami’s main gag is the friend and not the exorcist themselves. I’m interested to see how this one progresses as it’s got the kind of gag that gets old fast and might actually have to transition to a more serious series, whereas murakami’s gag has much more room to play and poke fun at old stories, also I think murakami’s gag is funnier but that might just be taste.
Jun 24, 7:35 AM
May 2018
Okay I started reading the Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi and I expected this MC to be badass and cool (purely from his design), but he is quite scared of demons.

To be fair I do not blame him since he got roped into being a exorcist at the age of 16.

As I keep reading more on the first chapter for Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi, Kiyoshi's character reminds me so much of Rin Okumura.

Both have similar backstories, but the biggest difference them is that Kiyoshi is still struggling to overcome his own fear despite acquiring power.
You know when Naruto used to say "Believe it"?

Yeah I love when Kiyoshi says Lickety Split, its so funny 😂😂

I love this small detail when Mister Yamada suggests to Kiyoshi to take deep breaths.

In Demon Slayer we see the breathing technique being used alot to give power to the Hashira and take control their own state of minds.

It does pay off for Kiyoshi since he defeats one of the 13 Demon Lords with ease. 😁

But, oh man I loved this first chapter of the Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi and here's hoping it does go on for a long time.
Jun 24, 4:36 PM
Jul 2023
it was a funny chapter and i saw potential. i'm looking forward to the second chapter.
Jun 24, 5:54 PM
Aug 2020
i was not expecting something good but i really enjoyed this first chapter
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 24, 6:31 PM
Dec 2022
Not bad. The first chapter was quite good. I really really hope this has a long run. I do not want to get my hopes up but I will try. WSJ should not piss me off.
Jun 24, 10:48 PM

Oct 2023
liked this a lot surprisingly! i am looking forward to the next chapters. i hope yamaha comes back as a second protagonist or something
Jun 25, 5:44 AM
Mar 2020
I think it was a pretty strong first chapter, definetely one of the best in a while.
Jun 25, 7:45 AM
Apr 2020
Nice, very goofy but its somthing fresh. Reminds me of Soul Eater
Jun 25, 9:20 AM
Jul 2015
went into this with really low expectations but was very pleasantly surprised. I feel like this has the potential to be the next Mashle.
Jun 27, 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
Ah I wasn't that into it, I had heard it hyped a lot and expected to like it more than I did :((
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 27, 7:57 AM

Aug 2015
I know it's because Jump has a new editor-in-chief, and we're in a transition period, but wow. With Necromance hitting the floor, I seriously doubt either this or Murakami will stick around.
Controversial opinions
Jun 27, 3:47 PM
Dec 2022
saw so many people saying this was ass already, it looks fun asf
Jun 30, 4:53 PM

May 2010
While jump is overstuffed with exorcist manga I really like the setup and the comedy. It has the chance to go either way between action and gag or be like Mashle and ride the line and give the best of both worlds.
Jul 6, 8:46 PM

Oct 2020
great comedy and great start

More topics from this board

Poll: » Exorcist no Kiyoshi-kun Chapter 13 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Sep 22

1 by otakuweek »»
Sep 22, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Exorcist no Kiyoshi-kun Chapter 12 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Sep 15

1 by Nieznajomy43 »»
Sep 15, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Exorcist no Kiyoshi-kun Chapter 11 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Sep 8

1 by ravingLimey »»
Sep 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Exorcist no Kiyoshi-kun Chapter 10 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Sep 1

1 by eye-zitt »»
Sep 1, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Exorcist no Kiyoshi-kun Chapter 9 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Aug 25

3 by LRConkdor »»
Aug 28, 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.