Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
Jun 18, 10:41 PM
Dec 2021
it has mix of all emotions and i felt for the charecter and the development even though i know lightnovel the animators went all out with the animations and this is gonna be my favorites isakai of all time and i will recommend anyone to watch it , its worth your time
Jun 18, 11:33 PM
Aug 2016
Happy Father’s Day. Wow, this episode was amazing. Incredible fighting, emotion, and death. Mushoku Tensei continues to be an emotional roller coaster.
Jun 19, 12:44 AM
Oct 2019
Broo WTF
Did they purposely delayed by one week so they can airing this on the Father's Day?
Holy Shit that last few minutes of the episode broke me in silence.

RIP Paul 🙏
You maybe not the best Father but you tried your best for the Family until the end 😭
You gonna be remember forever...
Jun 19, 3:27 AM
Dec 2022
This hits hard just like the book. The journey back will be long and arduous in more ways than one.
Jun 19, 4:15 AM
May 2019
FKIN HELL THEY KILLED PAUL. GODDAMNIT, LET THEM REUNITE AS A FAMILY AT LEAST. AND RUDEUS THAT WOTHLESS LITTLE NOOB.

THIS SHIT RUINED MY DAY, HOW THE FK AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH ONE PIECE KNOW WHILE KNOWING PAUL DIED???
MadaoooooJun 19, 4:24 AM
Jun 19, 4:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, what an episode... the fight against the hydra was absolutely epic, great animation and pressure, but the battle resulted in Paul's death... damn, and to think he was arguing with Rudeus just before... at least they saved Zenith but looks like her brain is damaged, damn, depressing episode...
Jun 19, 5:32 AM
Nov 2023
so amazing and sad story ,so i love this peak
Jun 19, 7:35 AM
Feb 2020
holy shit. i was spoiled of the most important thing in this episode but still got shocked.
great episode.
Jun 19, 10:32 AM

Feb 2022
This episode's gonna define the whole season 2 of the anime for sure. I mean after two or three years what I'm gonna remember is "Goddamn that was a fckin cool episode" and rate or recommend it based on that bcz this was so peak that I'd want them to watch the season for just this ep alone.
Jun 19, 10:53 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah..... Happy Father's day Rudy 😭😭😭
Jun 19, 12:21 PM
Dec 2022
i can’t believe paul is dead … the trauma rudeus has must be alot for him to bear.
Jun 19, 12:28 PM
Apr 2024
we are near to find the mom
Jun 19, 2:50 PM
Apr 2022
What A fucking episode the emotions were everywhere for this one. First let’s give them credit for the animation. the last few episodes people are criticizing the animation as it was not last season’s studio, but MAN!! Animation this episode blew my mind. It was like I was watching last season’s fighting scenes it always has you in the edge it your seat. The fight scene itself was 5 or 6 mins and it did not disappoint!! But anyways following from last ep, Rudeus found a secret teleportation circle underneath and they went to it only to find Zenith in crystal and a Mythical Hydra guarding her. They defeat the hydra but it came with the very very sad cost of Pauls death ;( and Rudeus left arm. They bring Zenith back to the tavern and they let everyone know what happened to Paul. Few days later Zenith wakes up but turns out she has amnesia and Rudeus probably lost both his parents. That is already so fucking sad but to top it off once Rudeus gets back, he is going to have to let his family know back home and Norn is going to be absolutely heartbroken;((( all she wanted was to be with both her parents and now it’ll never be the same :((. 10/10 episode but it was probably one if the saddest episode of the whole show
Jun 19, 3:10 PM
Oct 2021
paul was unalived
Jun 19, 3:10 PM
Restless One

Apr 2016
This was fuckin brutal. And then the end just twisted the knife in the wound. Goddamnit, the Mangod warned him. He warned him he would regret this journey!
HydallanJun 19, 3:25 PM
I witnessed a loli spill from a cartridge and somehow retained my sanity.
Jun 19, 3:39 PM
Aug 2014
Brutal episode, but it was a great one.
Jun 19, 9:26 PM
Apr 2024
parents are truly care
Jun 20, 4:23 AM
Jun 2023
So far it's pretty good but there are flaws, Paul's death should be much sadder and when he returns it should be accompanied by a flashback from season 1 when Rudeus was with Paul to make it more sad🥲
Jun 20, 4:28 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to Zyrenn123
So far it's pretty good but there are flaws, Paul's death should be much sadder and when he returns it should be accompanied by a flashback from season 1 when Rudeus was with Paul to make it more sad🥲
@Zyrenn123 Hard disagree with the sadder part. In the moment, having it be a shock to Rudeus' perspective and the viewers with how gruesome it is makes it more impactful and shows that the labyrinth really isnt a place to mess with and people can die anytime, without people even realizing it on time in this case. The one smile Paul made was enough to tell everything that a flashback wouldve done and more effectively in how saddening it is without being forced. Next ep should cover Rudeus reflecting on Paul ofc, especially with what happened with his mom too but a flashback in the moment wasnt needed that much for this ep at least. His mind right now cant even process whats happening so once that sinks in a bit more, then flashbacks make a bit more sense.
Jun 20, 6:29 AM
Sep 2023
trully the episode of a century
Jun 20, 9:48 AM
Apr 2020
This is just too much. Rudeus just can't catch a break. lowkey spaced out when the episode fin. I also remembered now, why the god said Rudeus would regret going to save his mother. This is just fucked. All of it is just fucked. Please wipe my memory of this episode.
Jun 20, 9:49 AM

Mar 2010
Sucks if she stays dat way, but its usually normal to have some memory loss after a coma.

Also its all rudy's fault his dad died. like.. how can he become all happy and complacent during a fight lol. If only he was paying attention, after all this time he is still a noob.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 20, 10:13 AM
May 2023
It’s so crazy watching this episode know that just a couple episodes ago we had Rudy house hunting and trying to bring his sisters into his life, and suddenly we got an epic hydra battle in a labyrinth on the other side of the planet with his parent’s lives at stake. Man… life comes at you hard…

In all seriousness, we hadn’t gotten real action for several episodes going back to the first cour. I enjoyed the slice of life stuff, but this little arc has been pulse pounding.

Unfortunately, Rudy now has to return to the school even more broken than he was when he first arrived
Jun 20, 12:16 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Rasco
Sucks if she stays dat way, but its usually normal to have some memory loss after a coma.

Also its all rudy's fault his dad died. like.. how can he become all happy and complacent during a fight lol. If only he was paying attention, after all this time he is still a noob.
@Rasco I and other people already mentioned but its not because he wasn't complacent and happy that it all happened, tho its anime adaptation fault that they made it look like it was the case. The reality is that hydra just pulled a move he didn't expect/couldn't predict + without battle aura he wasn't fast enough to get out of the way. You also have to remember that he is a mage who had to be up close which is normally a death sentence to a mage. His fighting tactic up to this point was to control the space between his enemies,immobilize them with quagmire and then finish them off with stone cannons.

Again i agree that anime haven't done a very good job portraying that particular moment but its still an amazing episode overall

I will add the LN moment again just in case :

It was then, just as I was using my magic to cauterize the second to last
stump, that the hydra’s body trembled. I didn’t know what that movement
meant. I could see it with my Eye of Foresight, but I didn’t understand it. The
creature was too big.
Before I realized what was happening, Paul had slammed me out of the
way. Something enormous came crashing down right in front of my eyes.

But…it didn’t have a head anymore?

No—there was no head, but it did still have a neck.

The hydra was slinging its headless necks around like spiked whips—
all eight of them! Every one of them was coated in tough scales that could
shred flesh like a cheese grater. It whipped those necks around all at once,
mowing down anything in the vicinity.
Jun 20, 12:46 PM
Apr 2021
i liked a lot the episode! was really brutal actually
Jun 20, 7:52 PM

Dec 2022
Ackh I'm pretty late into the new episode here which is 10 but all in all Great hass episode and for that RIP Paul he will be missed even if he's not exactly a good moral person but he died protecting his son which makes it enough to respect him wholly. Interested to see other people such as Norn and Aisha's reactions to Paul's death.

I get that some people are blaming Rudy for Paul's death but to be fair Rudy isn't exactly like his father when it comes to fighting but yeah, he is still a pro mage and it just sucks Rudy made a mistake when the fight against the Hydra was almost done. (Also I'm well aware they aired this episode on father's day which is cruel if I do say so myself sheesh.)

Honestly 10/10 episode, nothing more to say i'm quite hyped for the next and the last episode of this 2nd season part 2.

Jun 20, 11:54 PM
Jun 2024
Masterpiece... I expected that to happen to the father but not the mother but still very good episode the best until now
Jun 21, 12:42 AM
Jan 2024
Really nice ep, maybe the best ep in this season still I feel like rudy and team vs Orsted was better but really good nonetheless.
Jun 21, 2:30 AM

Feb 2018
Man this episode was super dope, I was waiting for a big fight like this. Seeing everyone work together was really cool. It sucks that Rudeus let his guard down just for a really quick moment which costed him greatly. It really sucks to see Paul gone now mannnn. I guess this goes to show that you should always pay attention in a battle until the very very end. The silence after the fight too, really felt that. And now Zenith seems to have a problem, how many more traumas must Rudeus pile up?

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jun 21, 9:41 AM
Feb 2014
i am so conficlted after seeing this episode. I was excited, it was amazing, but after seeing it till end and wiping all the ears, i was looking at the screen not knowing what's happening.

Once again Mushoku terrifies me by how real it is and that stakes are always there. I want really to belive it is somehow going to be okay, that somehow it can be fixed...

At the very beginning i really did not like how Paul has phrased his was to ask Rudy to die just to save his mother, there were better ways to say this, i really don't like him cherishing her life over his, especially knowing his own son had to go trough all of that as a kid already... but i obviously forgot quickly about that as fight agaist the hydra. There was one shoty moment i thought the dwarf will be one to die for sake of the stakes, but overall i thought they are going to be fine in the end (altough i still did expect some dark plot twists as per Mushoku Tensei rule).... whatever was running trough my head, i did not expect that.... happy father day

It was really terryfing to think what might go trough Rudy's head when they were walking back, after all that happend, especially that he was warned by Hitogami not to go because he will regret it, i was scared for Rudy. That was already something else and i'm glad at least Lilia approached Rudy understanding she is not the only one in pain as Rudy just lost his father (who he didnt have time to spend any time too). I was right away also worried because the fact Paul died protecting Rudy, won't make it easier and i can already see Rudy going into further depression for even more blaming himself.
If that was not enough, his mother wake up and first seconds got me on high alert..... my first thought is that maybe she is brain damaged? For being stuck in the crytstal for so long and perhaps lack of air?
I really want to believe it is going to be okay... but i hope first of all at least Rudy can get his hand back (not sure how long after the fact you can heal it, if its still possible) and of course that im wrong about his mother and she can be saved/healed too

great episode i hate very much
Jun 21, 11:18 AM
May 2024
i cant control myself
Jun 21, 11:22 AM
May 2024
Reply to IzanaSolos
Here we go... the final battle.

Had high expectations going into this episode, especially because Bind brought their Avengers team for this one, so I knew the animation was going to be amazing, and it was. Anyway, I really don't blame them for retreating—they're obviously not ready. Paul was pretty much just blinded by the fact that Zenith was there. But at the same time, it's that same determination that Paul needed to inspire the others.

Hydra is CGI, as everyone expected. I mean, it's a nine-headed dragon where all the heads move at the same time. I doubt even Kaiju No.8 from this season could keep up a 2D form for that. But even so, the main action scenes were still incredible. And that scene where Rudy just said fuck it, went no magic, just fingers, and gouged out the dragon's eye—so tough man. Unfortunately, he did lose a hand. But the biggest loss of all... damn. I was spoiled, but even still, this hurts.

The thing about this is that at first, we were made to hate Paul, but as we kept going, the show made us empathize with and feel for him. And just like that, he's gone. The pain for Rudeus doesn't even stop there; granted, this was expected, but his own mom forgot how to speak... and if she can't speak, I'd bet that she doesn't even know who he is... Saved her, but at what cost.

To delay this episode by a week just so it could air on Father's Day... you're truly sick in the head Bind.
@IzanaSolos she can feel her suroundings and she can speek only with few characters
(2) i dont want to spoil it out for you so you can search it for yourself
Jun 21, 7:55 PM
Jun 2020
last episode before i sleep

THE EPISODE:
Jun 22, 2:49 AM
Apr 2014
Reply to 3anter
last episode before i sleep

THE EPISODE:
@3anter episode be like

Jun 22, 5:41 AM

May 2015
Wow, Paul's death was... unexpected.
Jun 22, 12:11 PM
Aug 2021
Predictable drama and yet unexpected at the end as well
Jun 22, 2:02 PM
Jan 2024
Just for u knowing. A half of Poul on the flour translates like Пол Пола на Полу (Pol Pola na Polu).
Jun 22, 5:18 PM
Jul 2020
was not expecting the episode to be so heavy...I have no words...
Jun 22, 9:50 PM

Aug 2018
The ending where they got back to the family was a great sequence. Paul was never my favorite though.
Jun 23, 3:52 AM
Jun 2019
I cried so hard....
Jun 23, 5:05 AM

May 2021
They really delayed an episode to give us an amazing Father's Day special. Props to them. Best dungeon raid in anime that I have seen.

Jun 23, 5:58 AM

Mar 2020
Small questions, is there a need to kill off characters to make the story interesting And this is a real question I'm asking xD?

It's still crazy, it's been going on all along, you get the impression that the script is dotting the 4 and 1000 with a way of showing you that the character is going OOF after a while. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's happened

Jun 23, 8:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The best episode of the seaon...
also the most intense...
and tragic...Paul died and she returned home badly!!
to cry!
kekeke
Jun 23, 2:10 PM
Dec 2011
I dislike this episode not just as a stand alone episode, I dislike it even more because of many of the previous seasons episode as it feels like the writing is getting worse and worse, substantially enough to where if we get another season I might just not watch it as it is becoming more and more of a typical year 2020+ harem isekai story and all the contrivances that comes with that.

PS:
This episode contains rape
Jun 23, 2:15 PM
Apr 2014
Reply to Zugetzu
I dislike this episode not just as a stand alone episode, I dislike it even more because of many of the previous seasons episode as it feels like the writing is getting worse and worse, substantially enough to where if we get another season I might just not watch it as it is becoming more and more of a typical year 2020+ harem isekai story and all the contrivances that comes with that.

PS:
This episode contains rape
@Zugetzu wrong ep discussion
Jun 23, 6:26 PM
Jan 2024
puta ep krlh Paul é o melhor pai da ficção só não chorei pq sou mt homem se n choraria mt pena que fuderam com o anime no proximo ep Oowada, Tomoyuki eu te odeio sua vida deve ser um lixo melhore fdp
Jun 23, 6:28 PM
Jan 2024
Paul melhor personagem, nem um macho conseguiu segurar o choro
Jun 24, 1:40 AM

Apr 2018
Paul died for what he truly treasured. There are very few better ways to go.
Jun 24, 4:57 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to rolopolo78
@Playcool Ik S1 overrall has better staff than S2 however for this Episode alone, isn't this the most stacked staff we've seen ever for an EP in the series? With QKAWA as Episode Director in an EP with almost 7 minutes of non-stop Action(including both round 1 and 2). idk if S1 staff could top this.
@rolopolo78 No, I will agree S1 is overrated, because the source material there is just starting, and people get excited from what it attempts to do that they give a bit too generous scores, especially cuz the combo of Orsted fight and the last two episodes was great, but not masterpiece 10/10 (Orsted episode was 10/10).

S2 outside volume 12 is also not that amazing, it is by volume 12 that the quality of the series goes up and up cuz you start to see the benefits pilling up from all the build up.

S1 staff and the director were able to drive more impact I feel, and I already described how they could improve that scene with Paul's death and after, to have it with more impact, having better OST and a more cinematic shoot to Rudy realizing what happened (and possible some usage of first person view).
It is clear to me the director of S1 had more vision for such stuff, because the Orsted fight was improved from the LN, when it was already good, but it was elevated to another level, I m sure his talents for ep10 of part 2 S2 would have lead to interesting results, what we have it good, but it is NOT peaking over the source material.
And amid the weaker S2, this stands out much better, most anime onlies wont even complain.
IMO MT is peaking with this episode 10, regardless, and will keep doing so till the end of the season, and volume 15 will reach it again, and by then, there is so much character development already done that even the highest SoL parts, and the Rudy living his life, is vastly improved, from what you see in S2.

Oh and the turning points get even more fucked and awesome.

Hekigyoku04 said:
Without going into spoiler territory I am definitely concerned about the next couple of episodes. I feel like Rifujin was treading a very fine line when writing the latter half of vol 12, and he did an incredible job. I'm not sure the anime will be able to pull it off, but I sure hope so. Any thoughts?
Having seen ep11, I love it takes a more romantic aspect to it vs the source material, so for the most part I m really pleased, but we still have ep12 to go.
Jun 24, 5:04 AM

Jul 2013
I expected this cause motherfuckers online won't stfu about what happened to Paul on father's day, what I didn't expect was that Rudeus is going to be a stumpy and Zenith became mute?
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

390 by Corrupteddrago »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

369 by TheOtherJN »»
Today, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MegamiRem - Jun 9

217 by TheOtherJN »»
Yesterday, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Would you also deny Aisha's request? (SPOILER episode 6) ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - May 25

61 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

194 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Sep 21, 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.