Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 22, 1:12 PM
Mar 2022
While the show is fucking fantastic, I am a little upset about the yuri bait. The show itself was passable, but basically all of their marketing with Mahirio and Kano in it were made to be very intimate, and portrayed the characters as closer than they are in the actual show. That kinda rubs me the wrong way.
Jun 22, 1:18 PM
Apr 2024
Damn, this show had one of the biggest decline in quality I've seen in a long time.

It's funny that this show was far more anticipated and higher ranked than Girls Band Cry, and yet they had opposite trajectories. GBC started off weak, then got so much better. Kurage started off so strong... then it utterly flopped, resulting in this painfully bad ending.

An 8 score is far too generous for this; mid-7s at best, and that's generous.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 22, 1:20 PM

Nov 2020
The performance scenes always feel so short is it just me? maybe because she lost time and was only able to sing the second half of the song? Mahiru's character design and voice so hot

anyways I think it wrapped itself too well that I wont be expecting any second season anytime soon. The drama between Kano and her former group member she had a beef with is resolved and her deal with her mother somewhat lessen a whole bunch. ig this isn't your typical cutesy musical anime it focused more on the development of characters.

It wasn't that bad but its rushed and it is full of drama than what we are used to when it comes to these type of theme 7/10
Jun 22, 1:45 PM
Dec 2022
This was a... fine way to end out the series, with so much left open at the end of last episode. As I feared, Mahiru and Kano's reunion felt rushed, Mahiru really should've had at least SOME kind of communication with the rest of the band prior to their reunion. The two prior episodes were kind of wasted unfortunately, with drama that popped up and wrapped up way too cleanly and quickly. The credit roll for the concert was a nice touch at least, and I think the best way to end the mom's arc they'd been building throughout these past episodes, though Mero gets basically no closure on her character whatsoever. The show wanted to have its cake and eat it too, and that lead to it tripping over the finish line, being FINE but really needing more time to fully flesh it out. You ask me, the concert should've been last episode and this episode should've been the epilogue that they did in the last third.
Jun 22, 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
Really disappointing finale. Too many convenient and rushed "happy endings" that felt undeserved. The shows first half was an easy 9/10, but the last 3 or 4 episodes didn't have any of the things I loved.
Jun 22, 2:21 PM
May 2023
I liked Mahiro-chan's voice, personality, and looks. She was one of the cutest anime girls I've ever seen, like Rem from Rezero. I think it was the best anime of this season

But if you wanted to end the anime like this, you should have made at least five episodes after the fight with Mahiro to solve the problem, then this episode.
Jun 22, 2:27 PM

Oct 2018
started out really strong but fell apart in the last couple episodes. Still one of my favorite first episodes in a long while though now bittersweet in hindsight.
Jun 22, 2:31 PM

Nov 2013
Yup, just as I predicted, we got the "everyone lived happily ever after" type of ending. I'm definitely getting some of the songs on my MP3 player, but the anime itself is unfortunately quite forgettable, at least to me.
Jun 22, 2:39 PM

Aug 2022
Overall one of the best shows this season, I still prefer GBC for various reasons mainly the music and Nina. But this show has been great Yukine acknowledging Kano made me tear up a bit. I really understand why people would hate Yukine as a character but honestly I'd argue she's one of the best characters in the show.

I'm glad we got Yoru back with the girls finally and there group all together again.

I'd love a season 2 but honestly the ending was perfect so I wont be mad if we never get one.
Jun 22, 2:39 PM

Nov 2012
I would say the ending was satisfactory enough. I think anyone that says this ending wasn't clearly massively rushed is lying to themselves or has very lenient standards. This was my favorite show this season, it sucks massively that it couldn't stick the landing in the final few episodes but even still I can't bring myself to give this anything below a 7/10 despite my issues with it.
Jun 22, 2:40 PM
Mar 2013
Reply to Softhenic03
This all feels really convenient when all of a sudden Kano has a chance to redeem herself in front of her own mother and Mahiru…who she said pretty mean things not too long ago. Series was about discovering one’s own self, and tbh except her, feels like the rest of three has already done so, while she was cooping up inside her room and was denying everyone, because… some trauma. Yeah still, she got a chance…

… wherein very obviously the performance was cut short lol. Not sure how to feel about all of this concluding, again very “conveniently” for Kano… I mean the girl she slapped cheering on her pretty much tells everything lol. Again, the series was fine when this was about these girls experimenting with things and when drama… wasn’t actually there. Would take the first half of episodes over the latter half anyday. But hey, they got a happy ending and the mother wasn’t actually “evil” like we were all thinking:)
@Softhenic03 we all? I have been saying that for a month now. From the start there never was an antagonist, a story and a conflict doesn't require one.

I like how at the finale everyone has pretty much a thing going for them but Kano's onee-chan only sleeping at the car, the manager just watching store as usual, and Koharu take another plastic surgery.

What I didn't like though, despite being an advocate of "Yukine and Mero did nothing wrong", I don't think Mero deserve hanging out with Kano at the end.
Jun 22, 2:47 PM

Jul 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Yup, just as I predicted, we got the "everyone lived happily ever after" type of ending. I'm definitely getting some of the songs on my MP3 player, but the anime itself is unfortunately quite forgettable, at least to me.

I'm sorry, but MP3 player in 2024?
Jun 22, 3:16 PM

Jun 2023
Maybe a few more episodes would have made this better?
Jun 22, 3:18 PM

Nov 2013
Cestlavie_ said:
Lol, why not? Because it's not classy anymore or something? Use it solely for music. Compact, lots of space, can play FLAC, not necessarily mp3 quality only. See no issue.
Jun 22, 3:23 PM

Jul 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Cestlavie_ said:
Lol, why not? Because it's not classy anymore or something? Use it solely for music. Compact, lots of space, can play FLAC, not necessarily mp3 quality only. See no issue.

I still have a record player, so I'm not really one to talk, but an mp3 player just seems more inconvenient when outside compared to modern-day music streaming services, not about class.
Jun 22, 3:23 PM

Jan 2011
It's not a masterpiece but this was a very well done show. Drama can be done well when you aren't forcing it. This was such a heart warming and wonderful show.

Easy 9 out of 10
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 22, 3:42 PM

May 2023
The ending is predictable but very rushed lmao, why make unnecessary drama and characters that seem evil but it turns out that these characters have no clear purpose.

I really like the big aquarium in this episode and the colors, but the song is still not satisfying, why not make it full of singing? I was very disappointed.

There's not a single song that can make me remember to listen to it, maybe only the opening and closing songs are good to hear.

I don't really like many of the characters, especially JELEE's relationship, but Kiui is still my favorite character in this anime.

yayy everyone's happy blah blah blah and it turns out it's just yuri bait, tch. this is one of the most disappointing anime this year for me.

NezuSwallowtail_Sep 30, 9:34 AM
Jun 22, 3:46 PM
May 2017
Excellent ending episode of a very, very, very, very good series -- thank you very much, Doga Kobo! Not expecting any more seasons because the story seems to be done, in my opinion, but it would be so nice to see the four cuties again...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 22, 4:02 PM

Nov 2013
Cestlavie_ said:
mp3 player just seems more inconvenient when outside
Lol, it's the opposite for me. Just put it in a pocket and listen with in-ear Bluetooth headphones, be it outside or when going to sleep. It's like 7 inches and 0.4 pounds only - you barely feel it. Very easy to use. To me it's more convenient than smartphones - when it comes to purely just music. Dunno, I personally find it VERY convenient :)
Jun 22, 4:10 PM
Dec 2019
Honestly just in general really solid. Only thing I didnt like was how they teased Yuri but in the end didnt stick with it. So around 8,5-9/10 I guess, very well done
Jun 22, 4:32 PM
May 2021
I'm sad this is over, but also happy that this was such a wonderful ending😭
Jun 22, 4:38 PM
Mar 2015
kano is able to perform thanks to all the support from jellee They all graduate and repaint the Jellyfirsh
Jun 22, 4:46 PM
Aug 2020
i'm sad because it was the last ep but i'm also happy because i had a great time with this girls.

arigato sensei

8/10
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 22, 4:50 PM
Nov 2023
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
wanna say that was a fumble on the last episode. no more explanation on the kiss either

My daughter kisses her friends on the cheek. It’s not always gay. Girls can love their friends without being gay, and if they are that’s ok too but clearly these girls are not.
Jun 22, 4:56 PM
Nov 2023
BTW I really loved this, thought the ‘rushed’ ending was intentional to portray the way everything happened so quickly in the last weeks of the year. And also left time for a cosy scene or 5 with the girls getting used to their new place in society and for a few in their families. Shame it’s over but don’t want more, it ended perfectly.
Jun 22, 5:26 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to saikyozero
@IzanaSolos Nah, this is the best kind of this season. If you can name anything better, just say it or stop the unnecessary hate. The show is good.
@saikyozero I'll gladly name one better just in this season alone, Girls Band Cry, which fyi, has a higher score than this and it's not even done airing lol. There's also Hibike S3, I can go on all day.

Jun 22, 5:29 PM

Aug 2011
they just tried to do way too much in 12 episodes and the show really suffered for it. they should have absolutely tightened up the focus and kept it on the 4 main girls. the first few episodes promised a grounded coming of age story but as the two main characters had more 'development' i found myself liking them a lot less. call me crazy but kano literally assaulted another girl, not even a slap, a straight up PUNCH. that's pretty extreme for the general public to just forgive and forget because she... sings nice songs? it would have made far more sense for the reason kano punched her to come to light (and let's be honest here, for the reason to be a lot better LOL).
Jun 22, 6:00 PM

Apr 2022
doga kobo cooked with the visuals, but that's it. first couple episodes were interesting but just fell off big time from there. at least the one takeaway is that it contributed to making me like doga kobo more, no misses recently.
Jun 22, 6:30 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to saikyozero
@IzanaSolos Nah, this is the best kind of this season. If you can name anything better, just say it or stop the unnecessary hate. The show is good.
@saikyozero There were exactly 3 anime that focused on an all-girls music group, and this one is the lowest rated one.

I'm not saying it's bad, but this definitely wasn't the best one of the season. If you haven't seen Girls Band Cry yet, highly recommend.
Marinate1016 said:
Jun 22, 6:39 PM
Jun 2021
I wanted to see further advance in Kiui x Koharu relationship, that would be awesome, but anyway I liked the whole season
Jun 22, 7:02 PM

May 2021
I was so close to making it out without crying. Then the entire cast waved goodbye and in that moment I realized it was over.

The Slow-motion at the end of the OP coming back to be the last scene for the season... I'm sincerely in shambles.
Jun 22, 7:19 PM
Oct 2021
it started really strong in the first half, but i honestly think girls band cry managed to delivered a better second half

still had a good time watching it, i’d give jelly fish a 7/10
Jun 22, 7:52 PM
May 2024
I really love this anime. The girls finally find the things they truly love and moved on from their past trauma and fix their problems and relationship with others.
This anime didn't disappoint me because they clearly have told us that it is a coming of age story and they really delivered a great one.

The budding romance is a bonus, the friendship they built and how it helped them to grow is the key ingredient of this anime.
Jun 22, 7:54 PM
Apr 2024
Could someone explain why Yukine crediting Kano with her real name was such a big deal to her?

I know that Kano explained it to Yoru before that "I think she sees me more as the idol Nonoka Tachibana" (and not as her daughter Kano), but I thought this was implied to be before the incident, before Kano was forced to retire. Why would Yukine use her idol name when she's no longer that idol...? Not to mention it's the name of someone who caused a lot of controversy, so it wouldn't make any business sense either. There was no reason at all to use Nonoka Tachibana in the credits, so it was a weird moment when Kano broke down like that.
Marinate1016 said:
Jun 22, 8:53 PM

Jun 2024
I really enjoyed this anime from star to finish, I will definitely miss it.
I am really happy that things worked out for everyone in the end.
There was something in their past that haunted them, but they were able to overcome them, and I enjoyed seeing them all being happy at the end.
I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Jun 22, 9:20 PM
Jan 2020
So Mero and Kano's mom suddenly good guys? Why didn't they kiss? Why did Kiui's groomer just appeared for a few seconds when she was clearly supposed to appear more? Who's dad was that at the end? How did Kano graduate? Why didn't they kiss? Ryouhei Takashita, why didn't you just make Eromanga Sensei S2?

This needed like at least 16 episodes at best tbh
RonninnJun 22, 9:24 PM
Jun 22, 9:22 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to Ten
The repainting of original Jelly mural rubbed me the wrong way probably for wrong reasons, I don't know, it just seemed too significant to just get rid of it like that, although they put a new picture there filled with new significance, and maybe that was for the better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There was a funny moment when Mahiru and Kano ran towards each other on the elevator, but other than that their show didn't create as much impact as I would have hoped. It was quite a standard resolution to all the ongoing problems, not saying it was bad though. At least we aren't left hanging or drastically disappointed at the events, and all the promises were fulfilled with the hope for a better future.
@Ten it was prob more like a metaphor for them changing and becoming beautiful and able to shine togheter, instead of the lonely bullied jellyfish in the night
Jun 22, 9:31 PM

Mar 2018
mid finale for a mid anime

was fun to watch the first nine episode, but after this this fall too much

the score fell with the show too, i remember this show with 8,20 last week, now is 8,09 (still high)
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Jun 22, 9:33 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to stevejawbs
Could someone explain why Yukine crediting Kano with her real name was such a big deal to her?

I know that Kano explained it to Yoru before that "I think she sees me more as the idol Nonoka Tachibana" (and not as her daughter Kano), but I thought this was implied to be before the incident, before Kano was forced to retire. Why would Yukine use her idol name when she's no longer that idol...? Not to mention it's the name of someone who caused a lot of controversy, so it wouldn't make any business sense either. There was no reason at all to use Nonoka Tachibana in the credits, so it was a weird moment when Kano broke down like that.
@stevejawbs she wanted to be recognised as her daughter and by using her real name instead of her stage one she took it as confirmation that her mom sees her for who she is.
Also reconfirmation, she shows up at the school later.
I do have to say that I hate the handling for the mom. She is readily accepted as a 'good mom', past issues are immediately disregarded, basically boiled down to bullshit misunderstanding. 'She was a good mom all along', but they just didn't talk about it after her mom prioritised her own carrer over her child and so the misunderstanding took until Kano herself figured it out that it wasn't like that. The mom-daughter don't even have a conversation afterwards.
Jun 22, 9:43 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to IzanaSolos
@saikyozero I'll gladly name one better just in this season alone, Girls Band Cry, which fyi, has a higher score than this and it's not even done airing lol. There's also Hibike S3, I can go on all day.
@IzanaSolos ah yes, the generation of overexaggeration., how can you go all day when there are only 2 other better shows as per your opinion? get a hold of reality man
Jun 22, 9:44 PM

Dec 2016
Fantastic finale and the only thing that would've made it even more perfect is if they kissed.
Jun 22, 9:50 PM

Mar 2008
They made up, Kano's mom isn't completely heartless and Mahiru did nothing wrong(Will die on this hill.). Happy ending, 8/10.
Jun 22, 10:13 PM
Nov 2018
I honestly like the ending. JELLE was something they could be a part of while in highschool. At the end they remain friends and started new journey to become adults. Instead of living a dream they were going to be doing music forever, like a lot of the idol animes. Really nice it was actually something responsible for a change.
Jun 22, 10:58 PM
Jul 2016
@animegamer245 I don't know, betraying the one person who was there for you when you were down is a kinda shitty thing to do.
Also, they stated Kano punched Mero for no reason, they simple covered up what Mero did was borderline crime, and made Kano the bad person.
But what really bothers me that non of them got repentance, like admitting they were doing something wrong, and apologize.
Jun 22, 11:02 PM

Jul 2014
Man, I knew I wasn't going to be satisfied with this last episode but it still hurts. Like, it's an emotional episode that was supposed to hit hard but it didn't do anything to me. After Mahiru accepted Yukine's offer, there were too few episodes to resolve everything smoothly... and they even threw a Kiui episode right before the finale because why not.

This ending was so weird, it feels like everything was resolved just because it was the last episode.

Mahiru completely abandoned JELEE but she had to redeem herself somehow and fast so it comes the big brain idea to include JELEE and Yukine accepts even though she shouldn't but there is no more time.

Mahiru and Kano had this big fight (that shouldn't have happened) which they didn't really talk about but now they hug and are best friends again. Maybe I'm crazy but wasn't this huge for both characters? Why was the makeup reduced to a very small part of the last episode?

And then there's Yukine and Mero.... Oh god, Yukine and Mero were awful. How does a plot point that was so important throughout the entire series end up being almost glossed over? Like, they are bad but no that bad and Kano is "fine" with them.

There's one thing I liked from this episode though, the escalator scene. That was hilarious and adorable, I missed that.

Mahiru and Kano fight, Yukine and Mero, THE KISS. Oh yeah the kiss, what a bait! It was such a nice scene that it was mentioned one more time and then... nothing, more drama. These are parts that needed more focus instead of characters like the weird biker girl that we never saw again or Mei and Kiui having more screen time towards the end.

With all that said, the show still gave me my favorite episode of the season, the idol mom episode. And I'm going to miss the girls, it was fun to watch them having fun. So... I am conflicted. The show was great and a very fun ride up to a certain part but the ending and in general the last few episodes leave me with a bittersweet taste.
Jun 22, 11:57 PM
May 2022
10/10 really good original series. I really hope they do more of this series.
Jun 23, 12:16 AM

Nov 2023
The ending was a bit rushed for me, but I like a happy ending. I also wished that the drama could've been incorporated better or just entirely removed, but I still really like the anime, and you know, if there is a second season, I'll watch it.
Jun 23, 12:44 AM

Oct 2021
The fans holding the umbrellas reminded me of TUYU ☔️
:(
Jun 23, 1:10 AM
May 2020
Nice they nailed the landing just fine. Would have liked more about the process of creating and less girl drama. A fun series over all.

Jun 23, 1:35 AM

Sep 2022
Damn.. this anime started on a very promising note.. The first half of it showing the struggles of a group of girls who are lost in life and trying to find meaning with each other being shown in a "genuine" way that makes you feel for their circumstances really endeared me to its story..

..but the second half just meanders all over the place. It's obvious that the writers of Jellyfish wanted to do more with its plot and characters, establishing different conflicts and standalone plots that tie-in somehow to the four main girls of the anime, showing how they develop by encountering different characters who could show them different perspectives. However, the mistake lies in trying to make "plot-of-the-week"-type stories in its second-half in a very short 12-episode runtime. I think if they had 3 or 4 more episodes somehow, this anime could stand as a classic alongside A Place Further Than The Universe.

By this final episode, the anime just speedruns its plot by solving every established conflict in a "happy-go-lucky" way, completely abandoning the realistic depiction of characters struggling in life like in the first-half. Kano just more or less gets over her shit with her mother just like that. Her mother suddenly becomes less of a cold-hearted bitch overnight, even though she's basically ignored her for years, and Mahiru apparently mends her relationship offscreen with Mero. Finally, everyone just decided to sweep the whole Yoru going off on her own thing under the rug even though it was a big deal in her fight with Mahiru and the very reason their group split apart. It goes full dramatic as every hanging thread is solved by the power of friendship music.

I mourn this anime's potential. What could've been a classic CGDCT show that could easily have been a 9+/10 anime and stood alongside SoraYori turned out to be a 6-7/10 at most.

EDIT: I wouldn't say I'm disappointed (or if I was, then it didn't hit me as much). I also didn't mind the "yuri bait" not being actualized, as I'm not the biggest fan of yuri. I know a lot of people were looking forward to this before it aired, but not me. I liked the visuals so I immediately added it to my plan-to-watchlist before this anime aired, but I didn't think much of it.
_gt_ohnJun 23, 5:12 AM
Gremlin Eris be like:
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

206 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.