Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 20, 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, what Reimi thought she'd expected isn't exactly what she got this episode.

I thought this episode had an eerie and creepy feeling to it tbh. The amount of those pig faces and general vibe just makes it creepy. But hey, at least her friends made the best out of their situation together.
May 20, 5:42 AM

Feb 2020
Mushroom people, mini people, zombies, pig people, living shogi pieces. What's next?

This was definitely the most random and hectic episode so far.

Once again, the power of friendship helped the girls to get out of the trouble.

Yoka is indeed the queen. It wasn't a big surprise.

SerafosMay 20, 6:10 AM
May 20, 5:48 AM

Apr 2016
Bruh, the station of "regret" should have been an entire episode, and not just a bit on the side, that would be really interesting actually.

But hey, a pig community with an iron maiden creep dude along with a plant man and two mahou shoujo girls and a dog gangster guy with an army of shogi pieces, that somehow connected to all the regrets of our cast is also good.
May 20, 5:59 AM

Mar 2024
They sure are picking up the pace now. Some breathing room between the action would be nice - still a nice episode, though. Youka beeing the queen was obvious, but I guess she's full on evil now with all the zombie and NeriAli-Land shenanigans?
May 20, 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
We have seen some weird episodes in this anime but this one topped them all, this was all over the place and weirdness on a new level.
Still the girls did manage to get a big hind for finding Yuoka.
Guess some of the weirdness is coming from her but the question is how much the other question is what happened to her after the 7g event.
May 20, 6:00 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was fking chaos. And it also proved and reaffirmed that the station a diamond-shaped symbol contained something dangerous to them.

AkeZZZ said:
Ikebukuro's queen. That's very interesting. She could be Youka.

Looked like I was right about how Youka is the Queen. 😁
何それ?意味分かんない
May 20, 6:19 AM
Mar 2021
that trauma station near the beginning was quite telling

did Akira see someone get squashed or they drown???
May 20, 6:23 AM

May 2015
I guess the main takeaway of this episode was that this world seems completely nonsensical only until you realize it was formed by the memories, dreams, fantasies, desires and interests of Yoka who set into motion the 7G event (and became the Witch Queen of Ikebukuro in consequense). She was into this Neri'Ali series/manga (or whatever it was called) the events and characters of this station were based on, and her friends knew this story well enough to put the pieces together and make sense of the seemingly chaotic reality of this city, figure out the rules and in the end win against that pig called "Chaos". I am sure whatever other things they meet on their journey those too are somehow connected to Yoka, they in a sense are travelling in the projection of her subconscious.
IshitatesoMay 20, 6:33 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
May 20, 6:26 AM

Mar 2021
Such a wacky but also creepy episode confirmation that Yoka is the queen although it was pretty obvious.
May 20, 6:36 AM
Mar 2021
that book with the anime characters from.episode 1 became a reality!!
May 20, 8:29 AM

Mar 2023
I though this was the weakest of the last 3 episodes or so. Very good creativity, but the high number of characters and abilities made it too chaotic, shogi organized it a bit, but it was still too much. They added more than 10 new character types it feels like with only a few seconds for each unless you're pausing.
May 20, 8:35 AM
May 2023
This was probably the strangest episode of anime I've ever seen. What was up with those wacky characters, I guess it's supposed to be a parody of a fictional anime within the anime. So for the heroes we've got a suicide magical girl, a regular magical girl, a talking opium poppy plant and a living iron maiden, could it be much more random than that?
May 20, 8:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What the fuck just happened (i enjoyed it immensely though)
May 20, 8:54 AM

Dec 2021
This is some fire punch and dandadan level of weird shit

Imagine getting stoned before watching this Anime
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
May 20, 8:58 AM
Feb 2024
I swear each episode just gets weirder and more chaotic than the last one 😂
This place is crazy, but technically they fell into one of their favorite anime back when everything was normal, so I’m a little jealous 😅

That scene from the beginning definitely stands out though. Looks like Akira either saw someone die or something just as traumatizing happened right in front of her. It’s a little weird that it looks like Reimi killed a Badger, but considering where they live it’s all the more concerning. Poor Nade-chan… looks like she thinks everything that happened between her parents are things she could have stopped. It looks like someone tried drowning Pochi when he was younger.
Looks like the memories of Yoka still haunt Shizuru, too. Rightfully so.
I guess every character has trauma to work through in this show, I hope their circumstances are revealed later on so they can move on from what’s holding them back.
May 20, 9:14 AM

Nov 2023
Okay, they helped pig people now.

The theme of solving every town's problem is kinda getting a bit meh.

But the girls charm and characteristics still giving me hope to watch more of this.

Let's see what happens next!
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
May 20, 9:22 AM

Apr 2021
Was anything in this episode a reference to something that actually exists, or was everything out of the writers' heads? The "Tokorozawa-zawa!" chant for instance felt like it has to be alluding to something and I just don't know what (beyond the fact there is such a city).
May 20, 10:26 AM
Sep 2021
Finally some clue on Yoka & she has become a witch queen, looks like some interesting thing is happening.
May 20, 10:37 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Props again to the writer for making the group enter more and more bizarre situations as they get closer to Ikebukuro. This time they got to be part of a TV cartoon made reality with cosplay powers and all and a real battle of shogi which for me was the highlight of the episode. Also, it seems like Yoka for some reason became the Witch Queen, probably due to corruption from 7G but who knows really at this point.

4 more episodes to go.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 20, 10:38 AM

May 2019
It looks like the first station they crossed in this episode gave them itchiness all over and the next one was one of saying out loud/re-envisioning regrets (I had to replay the dog's flashback and it looks like he regretted being locked up and splashed).

But the weirdest stop so far has to be what came next which was a weird mix of Alice in Wonderland and magical girls with shogi rules. While the girls came out on top the bad guy boss confirmed that the queen in Ikebukuro is indeed Yoka.
May 20, 10:52 AM
Dec 2022
i am surprised they showed that girl getting choked
May 20, 10:52 AM
Mar 2020
We finally got to see actual horrors in the first few minutes of the anime.

Akira possibly let her friend drowned, Reimi killed a badger, Nadeshiko had traumatic childhood and Shizuru had beef with Yoka. I'm still speechless after that scene.

Looks like more surprises will come to us, I hope this anime didn't pull an Ideon ending where everyone dies or something.
May 20, 11:13 AM

Aug 2017
Show keeps getting wackier, even for this show standards.

Lots of interesting things, especially in Akira's case, she let someone drown? Hope they will get to this later.

Yoka being the witch queen was coming, can't wait till they finally meet her.
May 20, 11:32 AM

Feb 2019
This was a crazy episode even for this show. First episode where I don’t really know what to say because I don’t know what the hell I just watched.. the action’s definitely picking up as we’re getting closer to Ikebukuro

All I know is the girls getting into Mahou shoujo cosplay was great and Reimi asking shu to sign her ass/lower back had me crying😭 why is she so retarded

Don’t know how the writer thinks of these things, but I did not expect to see entrails as a plot device and a graveyard fight scene like at the end.. just really wacky, credit to the creator’s imagination though, definitely won’t be comparing this show to anything else. It’s in its own lane.

Other big takeaway is now we officially know Yoka’s alive and in charge of Ikebukuro all the stops are likely a result of her doing. All the stops reflect some aspect of her personality or memories, like this one being based on Neriali since that was one of her fave shows. Wonder what memory inspired the itchy stop we saw at the start of the ep lmao

Why did the little piggies have to cook Nadeshiko, she’s not chubby 😭 she looks good
Marinate1016May 20, 12:37 PM
May 20, 11:40 AM

Jul 2021
Well, this has legit become the top 5 weirdest anime I've ever seen. How does a writer even think of such an episode? lol

and no one talking about how they killed those 4 guys????
Cestlavie_May 20, 2:38 PM
May 20, 12:29 PM
Jun 2016
You know, I'm still watching this damn show so I guess I'm enjoying it? You can't ever control the type of show this hollow husk of an industry decides to put its creative artistic energy into. So wherever it does go, it's fascinating to observe it: awkwardness and all.

However, for those of you who prefer to feel sober on a Monday, I'd recommend maybe waiting until a Friday night to watch this episode.
May 20, 12:31 PM

May 2019
" –It's the 7G incident. Anything goes.
–I guess we have run into a lot of far-fetched things so far."

The effects of Higashi-Kurume [SI 14] and Hibarigaoka [SI 13] are internal rather than external as the opening for this week's episode. Of course, the map from Episode 2 gave us a hint about what's in store at each station along the line, but the handmade nature of it can only provide so much. On a side note, has anyone figured out why that map has some stations in circles, some in diamonds, and some in squares?

But in any case, at least we understand the drawing for Ōizumi-gakuen [SI 11]–Chaos, the antagonist for the series 練馬の国のアリス (NeriAli). [SI 11] is the first station in the Nerima ward of Tokyo for Ikebukuro-bound trains, so I'm guessing that's where the name comes from. It also looks like Yōka is very fond of the series, but I don't think she would like this episode's situation since the station is set after the events of the original series.

Aside from this episode being set up as a one-off fantasy show, I'd say this episode was more charming with a bit of absurdity as it got a couple of good laughs out of me. Of course, there were some references that flew under my radar–"O! H! V!" & "P! C! R!" chants by the walkers and the entire premise of the show based around the rules of gunjin shōgi–but it was still fun to watch nonetheless, especially how the walkers went down like dominoes was particularly satisfying.

A good episode once more, but Chaos again talks about the "Witch Queen of Ikebukuro" who apparently is Yōka-chan? If she was the one who pressed the 7G button those years back–even if she was pressured to–then it would obviously make sense. I feel like all these stations have some connection to her–with this episode proving the fact–but as we only have 4 episodes left before this season comes to an end, there's bound to be some full-on flashback episodes that culminate into an interesting finale. Hopefully this show knows how to tie everything together.

10 Stations, 12.5 km left to Ikebukuro
NekOniiChanMay 20, 12:39 PM
May 20, 1:36 PM

Jan 2018
it sure gets extra weird when weird anime is about weird anime. Absolute cinema
May 20, 1:43 PM

Apr 2022
This was my favourite episode so far, so fucking unhinged
May 20, 2:27 PM

Apr 2024
too much fanservice
especially for MINOR GIRL KID
May 20, 3:52 PM
Feb 2019
This is insane. I'm going insane. It's the best thing since bread
May 20, 3:52 PM
Aug 2023
dude that the hell was this episode
May 20, 4:02 PM

Feb 2022
The pacing of this episode was pretty comedic and chaotic
May 20, 4:09 PM
Jan 2024
Well, one of the worst episodes for me so far this season from the beginning until almost the end, I didn't see any sense in the chapter but since Yoka was mentioned everything made more sense and made the episode not so bad, although still I got a little lost.
May 20, 4:24 PM

May 2015
The absolute insanity if this show is awesome. Easily one of the top 3 new shows this season
May 20, 5:08 PM
Mar 2014
Chaos as city's name.
May 20, 5:22 PM

Sep 2020
Today's unexpected chaotic festival stands easily as my favorite episode of the show so far.
I can't wait to see what sort of deranged quest our heroines will be forced to take in Ikebukuro in order to save Youka (from herself?).

May 20, 5:40 PM

May 2014
I'd probably appreciate this episode more if I knew anything about shogi.

Weakest episode for me, but still enjoyable. It just got to the point of being SO weird that my brain just died lol.
May 20, 5:40 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Swagernator
Bruh, the station of "regret" should have been an entire episode, and not just a bit on the side, that would be really interesting actually.

But hey, a pig community with an iron maiden creep dude along with a plant man and two mahou shoujo girls and a dog gangster guy with an army of shogi pieces, that somehow connected to all the regrets of our cast is also good.
@Swagernator I think it only connected to a single girl's regrets, really. Where were the rest?
May 20, 6:45 PM
Dec 2021
When your anime inside an anime is weirder than the first anime.

Like serious what the f did I just watch?
May 20, 7:38 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Ishitateso
I guess the main takeaway of this episode was that this world seems completely nonsensical only until you realize it was formed by the memories, dreams, fantasies, desires and interests of Yoka who set into motion the 7G event (and became the Witch Queen of Ikebukuro in consequense). She was into this Neri'Ali series/manga (or whatever it was called) the events and characters of this station were based on, and her friends knew this story well enough to put the pieces together and make sense of the seemingly chaotic reality of this city, figure out the rules and in the end win against that pig called "Chaos". I am sure whatever other things they meet on their journey those too are somehow connected to Yoka, they in a sense are travelling in the projection of her subconscious.
@Ishitateso Yeah, i honestly felt like this episode was pretty fast-paced and initially thought the NeriAri talk at the beginning was just nonsensical blabbering until we actually saw them appear in one of the stations.

Everything that happened started with Yoka, now she's recognized as the Witch Queen of Ikebukuro. We've seen some magic powers from the NeriAri villains so the likelihood of Yoka having powers or Authority to mold anything to her bidding might not be so far-fetched... She might even have powers to prevent anyone she dislikes from entering her domain.
May 20, 7:44 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to PMayberry
This was probably the strangest episode of anime I've ever seen. What was up with those wacky characters, I guess it's supposed to be a parody of a fictional anime within the anime. So for the heroes we've got a suicide magical girl, a regular magical girl, a talking opium poppy plant and a living iron maiden, could it be much more random than that?
@PMayberry This NeriAri land episode really feels like Alice in Wonderland. Except, the supposed main characters of the land actually died for good instead of getting revived. That's what i didn't expect, i thought those characters would get revived just like how in cliches... But man what a ride, this episode was chaotic and tbh i know nothing about Shogi so that's another addition to the confusion
May 20, 7:48 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode! Isn't chubby Nadeshiko the cutest? Curious about Youka the Witch Queen...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 20, 7:55 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to off-season
Was anything in this episode a reference to something that actually exists, or was everything out of the writers' heads? The "Tokorozawa-zawa!" chant for instance felt like it has to be alluding to something and I just don't know what (beyond the fact there is such a city).
@off-season The episode felt like Alice in Wonderland reference for me but with pig people, magical girls and shogi pieces.
May 20, 8:12 PM
Nov 2020
The stations seem to have some connections to Yoka's memories and desires, making what her mind had come to reality when she pressed the 7G button... It might've corrupted her to some degree as well and turned Ikebukuro into a dangerous mess after she took over as it's Queen.

Wonder what became of her after the 7G incident? Hope they shed some light next episode in her POV
May 20, 9:07 PM

Aug 2010
I'm really curious about the regrets part. Hope we see more about it next episodes...
May 20, 9:21 PM
Mar 2015
At least they know where their friend is even if she is the Witch Queen of Ikeburo
May 20, 9:44 PM

Dec 2019
Whoever wrote this needs to give up the drugs.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
May 20, 10:10 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@Swagernator I think it only connected to a single girl's regrets, really. Where were the rest?
@HyperlinkBlocked What Nadeshiko has said in that little speech of hers apply to all the girls, and im pretty sure will have an impact on how Shizuru is going to handle Youka.
May 20, 10:45 PM

Jul 2012
This was like a 2 hour movie condensed into 20 minutes. What the fuck.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» The Main OST?

GakutoDeathGlare - Jun 3

3 by ezex98 »»
Yesterday, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24

114 by Serafos »»
Jul 25, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

75 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6

92 by corvKa »»
Jul 20, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29

84 by corvKa »»
Jul 19, 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.