Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 5:26 AM

Oct 2017
Momo with the big gun. Run Midoriya run, wait he actually reached him.
May 10, 5:33 AM

Jan 2009
did they mention do your best? lol anyway nice chapter
May 10, 5:43 AM

Mar 2014
Daaamn so many goosebumps this chapter!

Even got me a bit teary at everyone cheering Deku on, even the president lol
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 10, 5:57 AM

Apr 2022
just a theory, but i think they want him to do his best.
May 10, 6:37 AM

Jul 2022
Awesome awesome shit. We have come to a head!!!

May 10, 7:10 AM
May 2024
His mom at the end has me sobbing ;-; I’m so not ready for what else this arc has in store it’s been CRAZY
May 10, 7:22 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to ryzxgum
just a theory, but i think they want him to do his best.
@ryzxgum I think you are onto something.
May 10, 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
You Say Run playing in the background when this scene gets animated will be a thing of beauty. This final arc has had its ups and downs but this was a great, great chapter.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 10, 11:51 AM
Feb 2020
The last page with Deku's mom cheering him on hits the right emotional spot
May 10, 1:39 PM
Aug 2020
do your best koso!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 10, 2:23 PM
Apr 2019
Series fell off but this was so worth everything idc
May 10, 4:07 PM
Feb 2021
glad it's finally coming to a close. these last few chapters have been a mess
May 10, 5:21 PM

Dec 2009
Very beautiful & awesome chapter!!! Seeing everyone cheering for Deku got me so emotional T-T
Gotta love Rody Soul in the panel!!! :)
May 10, 5:56 PM

Feb 2014
It just tries too hard. Midoriya was never that kind of character, people in the story are just moved by what he is doing because he is the protagonist, Horikoshi often gives him plot armor, I endure Boku no Hero because sometimes Horikoshi nails hero scenes, like All Mighty and AFO, or Endeavor and Nemu, or even the first time Midoriya used OFA for real against that 0-point robot, that was plain heroism. It has been quite some time since I saw something heroic here that felt deserved, a true hero moment, everything was so unnatural, fabricated, fake even.
May 11, 3:02 AM
May 2021
Do your best! Tbf I just want AFO to get destroyed by deku been a long time coming!
May 11, 11:01 AM
Feb 2021
We r close to that ending
May 11, 7:07 PM

Dec 2021
Hori is spot on with the US President sending US heroes to Japan only when the battle is practically over. Japan should've had oil for sure.

Anyway, I was joking last chapter, but yeah, I can definitely see You Say Run playing during this moment. Not only because it's the perfect fit, but also because it's a buildup from every other character who has had their own "Rising" chapter leading up to this one, where Deku finally gets his own.

May 12, 6:48 AM
Feb 2022
i'm not crying, you are
May 12, 8:13 AM
Feb 2024
thebrentinator24 said:
You Say Run playing in the background when this scene gets animated will be a thing of beauty. This final arc has had its ups and downs but this was a great, great chapter.

I was literally like playing you say run in my head reading this chapter. Definitely a highlight chapter as of recent. You can really feel the hope of all of the characters we’ve seen on this journey
May 12, 8:22 AM

Apr 2020
Everyone just cheering... the real ALL FOR ONE!
May 12, 9:05 AM
May 2020
Great chapter!!!
May 12, 4:37 PM

May 2010
Great chapter. Its all coming together and the hit at the end was built up beautifully.
May 12, 10:44 PM

Dec 2013
This chapter got me feeling emotional. It really feels like it's close to the end now.
May 12, 11:27 PM
Nov 2016
Another nice chapter, I bet this chapter in the anime will be pretty damn good.
May 13, 12:22 AM

May 2020
For the first time it actually feels we're nearing the end, and that in itself is for the best.

Nobody might have died, but yeah leave it, i'm glad we're just one or two hits away now.
May 13, 11:38 AM

Mar 2017
The last few chapters have been so heartbreaking but I think the thing that hurts most is how easily Midoriya gave up One For All to save not just all of Japan but to save Shigaraki too only for it to amount to nothing thanks to All For One.

It was so inspiring to see all the characters come together and fight so hard to protect and support each other and how much Midoriya has changed in the way he openly accepts their support now instead of trying to do everything on his own at the detriment to his own health.
May 13, 10:43 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi may be rising but he has a lot of hel;
May 16, 3:45 AM
Nov 2021
curvedtree said:
It just tries too hard. Midoriya was never that kind of character, people in the story are just moved by what he is doing because he is the protagonist, Horikoshi often gives him plot armor, I endure Boku no Hero because sometimes Horikoshi nails hero scenes, like All Mighty and AFO, or Endeavor and Nemu, or even the first time Midoriya used OFA for real against that 0-point robot, that was plain heroism. It has been quite some time since I saw something heroic here that felt deserved, a true hero moment, everything was so unnatural, fabricated, fake even.

you mind explaining why you feel this way?
May 16, 5:24 PM

Jan 2021
We're definitely at the true endgame now! been a very very very long journey but we're here!
May 17, 8:47 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to MunkeeMan
curvedtree said:

you mind explaining why you feel this way?
@MunkeeMan Because even as a shounen, Boku no Hero is too shallow and the author didn't take his time to properly build the protagonist. Most things around Midoriya happen out of convenience, because he is the protagonist, it is a poorly written Hero's Journey.

Look at Todoroki, he has great development and he is just a tritagonist, even Togata, as a side character, has more depth to him than Midoriya.

So when Horikoshi have a lot of different heroes and average people cheer Midoriya on, and for most of them he never did anything that would make normal people place their trust on him like that, and at the same time the author paints him as an even bigger hero than All Might - and look how curious, we didn't see many feats of heroism from him and All Might still feels more heroic than Midoriya.

Just like how in the other chapter the author had a monologue evenly distributed between different characters, the author also seems to think "oh if event X happens like this and Y happens here, wouldn't it be heroic? So I will place Midoriya here" so most of his acts of heroism don't feel deserved, they seem like an afterthought.
May 17, 9:37 AM
May 2020
Wait I’m confused I thought Deku became quirkless? Why is he trying to still fight? Feel like I missed something…
May 17, 5:35 PM
Nov 2021
curvedtree said:
@MunkeeMan Because even as a shounen, Boku no Hero is too shallow and the author didn't take his time to properly build the protagonist. Most things around Midoriya happen out of convenience, because he is the protagonist, it is a poorly written Hero's Journey.

Look at Todoroki, he has great development and he is just a tritagonist, even Togata, as a side character, has more depth to him than Midoriya.

So when Horikoshi have a lot of different heroes and average people cheer Midoriya on, and for most of them he never did anything that would make normal people place their trust on him like that, and at the same time the author paints him as an even bigger hero than All Might - and look how curious, we didn't see many feats of heroism from him and All Might still feels more heroic than Midoriya.

Just like how in the other chapter the author had a monologue evenly distributed between different characters, the author also seems to think "oh if event X happens like this and Y happens here, wouldn't it be heroic? So I will place Midoriya here" so most of his acts of heroism don't feel deserved, they seem like an afterthought.

I can agree with most of your statement. The thing is most people who cheered for Midoriya, citizens excluded ig, have long looked up to him and/or have firsthand experiences with him where they overcome dangers to properly believe in him the way that they do.
May 18, 11:17 AM

Aug 2019
I hate to break it to you guys but I’m certain that they want Midoriya to do his best.
May 18, 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to MunkeeMan
curvedtree said:

I can agree with most of your statement. The thing is most people who cheered for Midoriya, citizens excluded ig, have long looked up to him and/or have firsthand experiences with him where they overcome dangers to properly believe in him the way that they do.
@MunkeeMan TBH I don't think Horikoshi is a bad writer, he created some impressive moments, maybe if he had more time to cook, a biweekly or even a monthly manga, he could distil even more greatness into it, added to that we already know how JUMP editors do their best so authors spread thin arcs when the sales of a manga are doing well to a point where it affects the work, and I say that as a Bleach fan, we knew Kubo was very sick in the last arc, but JUMP keep forcing him to develop stuff and mainly the last arc suffered a lot because of that, I think that's why he changed a few things in the latest season - and most likely will change even more in the seasons to come.

I know some people take me as a hater, I am not a hater, if I am criticising, I, at some level, enjoy this work and I want it to be the best it can be (eg I also criticise Re:Zero a lot), but if I dislike it, I just drop it and don't take my time hating it.

BTW thanks for your input, it is quite rare talking to people that don't just start calling you names after you criticise a work they might enjoy.
May 20, 10:31 PM

Oct 2021
Many people opened pathways for Deku to strike or hit Tomura. And finally, we have a Rising chapter for Deku! 😳 This is amazing how all the supporting characters are saying out loud, "Do your best, Deku!" 😃🤩 Izuku's mom is crying in the end, as well. 😭

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jun 1, 12:35 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to curvedtree
@curvedtree You're so right, and it's such a shame, as there were glimpses of potential every now and then. These things COULD have been earned.

I really miss the early days of MHA, when All Might was the symbol of hope. When Deku was the underdog. When this unearned Dekuism didn't exist.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 425 Discussion

deg - Jun 5

48 by StallionXD »»
Yesterday, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 410 Discussion

deg - Dec 20, 2023

34 by Thinghest32 »»
Yesterday, 6:31 AM

» I caught up on s07 and want to read from chapter 1 to the end, worth it?

Yaaceen - Jun 7

31 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Jun 10, 11:12 AM

» Boku no Hero Academia epilogue short arc start

Otaku-Aniki - Jun 2

5 by deg »»
Jun 9, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 424 Discussion

deg - May 29

45 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 8, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.