Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 24, 10:33 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I kind of wanted to comment on ep17, and how beautiful it was for both parts, but then ended up seeing up this, and Ubel stole the show for me.

Now I did not check her popularity first, but just a few scenes from her, and seeing that SEXY design and disturbing but sexy gaze had me completely surrender, so I did a few searches and I'm glad to see she is that popular, got me some JUICY material. :3

That are very few characters that managed to get me in the mood for it, but Ubel's whole demeanor, looking to you like you are a piece of trash, and that attire, SOLD, I feel most people have that M switch, even when they are mostly S, and Ubel flips it soo damm HARD, I just become a mindless monkey waiting to get some Ubel's love.

I absolutely DONT engage in waifu talking as I feel it is too degenerated and delusional, but if I did, she would be my waifu for this show right now.
Fern and Frieren are great, but I m not lewding them that much, mind you Fern x Stark doujins, great stuff, but Ubel is on another level.

To comment on the second part of this episode, it is fun to see those girls bickering and I would be amused with Frieren's grins at them, but they should just go and get married already!
Good to see some Yuri vibes here too, they are just too cute together, that flashback scene codified that for me.
May 5, 1:06 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Tournament arc: COMMENCE! Let's go babyyy

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 6, 1:30 PM

Sep 2018
I'm not minding this arc but why do all the new characters have hentai style character designs? It's almost more distracting than Fern's AI eyes.
May 8, 6:37 PM
Apr 2024
I will give the highest rating for this anime because I think this anime really deserves it
May 12, 12:42 AM

Jul 2021
An exam arc. The first class mage exam. Theres plenty of new faces with some being said to be quite powerful and with a supposed combat part to this plan i wonder if its gonna end up being a versus battle type thing.

This Ubel girl is interesting to say the least. It was nice to see Kraft make his return but he encountered Ubel a mage who is a killer he said so himself, im glad she didnt attack him as i would miss Kraft if he passed away. Frieren being put in a group with two girls who are always fighting is gonna hinder there chances of passing the first part of the exam though its seems the two girls do work well together when the time calls.

These birds are quite cool with how fast they are and there mini size.

May 12, 10:06 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like Stark will be out for a while, that's a real shame. Fern and Frieren are stuck with new characters in their team, Frieren's team has good and bad points I guess. And did I hear that right, Übel killed her instructor in her last exam? O_O
May 18, 1:15 PM

Nov 2018
I like Frieren's patience toward those around her. It brought me so much peace to see her watching over her combative colleagues, leaving them just to be themselves. I don't think this quality of hers has anything to do with her longer life span nor that she lacks warmth of heart. I'd rather say that Frieren's warmth is like a stable lasting fire while the humans' warmth is like a crazy campfire. Clearly, the experience of her longer life matters, but that experience alone doesn't make one wise. One needs to know what to make of it as well.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jun 5, 5:19 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Gator
Seems like Stark will be out for a while, that's a real shame. Fern and Frieren are stuck with new characters in their team, Frieren's team has good and bad points I guess. And did I hear that right, Übel killed her instructor in her last exam? O_O
@Gator

First Sein and now Stark... sigh
Jun 6, 3:04 AM
Jun 2015
I can see why Frieren traveled alone for so long. Dealing with these crazy personalities has got to be a hassle lol
Jun 24, 6:02 AM

Mar 2015
Moving along nicely as we see our main duo enter the trials!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 24, 12:36 PM

Aug 2022
'You're cute when you smile" zbaaaaaam
Aug 7, 4:54 AM

Aug 2018
Sousou no Frieren never disappoints!
Another amazing episode.
It's the start of the next arc, and we got to see a lot of new characters. The beginning of the episode was quite funny, when the party was told that it was necessary to be a aknowledged mage to take the exam, and Frieren was ready to just leave that mission for Fern xD
Also, we got to see Kraft once again! But his going the opposite direction of Frieren's unfortunately. Also, DIDN'T LIKE AT ALL OF THAT UBEL GIRL, can't believe she was paired with Fern for the exam, knowing she will kill a person without hesitation, I'm worried for Fern :(
Also, Frieren's party is quite interesting to say the least xD. It seems they can both rely on each other though, and that will for sure be an experience for Frieren. Wasn't expecting that bird to be so strong though xD

Glad to see that in these 2 months Stark was able to finally have some rest time, since in the last arcs he was always the one that needed to do some work or train, so now he's just chillin'.
But I do have to say this episode didn't have the same spark as the other ones, because we didn't get the party dynamics between Frieren, Fern and Stark that we are used to, but I feel like this arc is going to be good for a change of pace! But the lack of Stark this episode was concerning, since I don't think we will be seeing him sooner with the rest of the arc going on, so this was the last oppotunity to show him a bit more before the exam, but I guess we'll have to wait to see a bit more of Stark. He's little presence in the opening and no presence at all in the ending really foreshadowed this though.
Also, Frieren's anniversary happened! And the cake with all the candles was actually funny to see, I wished they would develop this anniversary more actually, like they did with Fern's and Stark's birthdays.

Edit: Also, I was expecting to see more of Fern's party this episode, but I guess they are saving that for next episode.
PokefanPTAug 7, 5:07 AM
Aug 7, 5:06 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to -Sleek-
@LuisSV23 it will last till last (28) episode.
-Sleek- said:
it will last till last (28) episode.

So we're not seeing Stark for the rest of the season? That's harsh :/
Sep 13, 5:37 PM

Oct 2022
I have given up any hope that this anime will change at this point. This show is what it is, and there's no changing that.

So while walking and talking, the three of them (Sein fucked off last episode, the story evidently couldn't handle four boring people walking around so we're back to three) they decide it's suddenly time to go get a Magic Certification at some walled town that holds an "exam". Why an exam is even a thing in this world isn't clear (they never mentioned it before, just like the photography that was convenient for one episode then never seen again) Apparently Frieren would like to get certified. Because in a THOUSAND YEARS she hasn't done it before. As they walk, they talk about the rules of what makes a mage first class vs other classes etc ....
WHY THE FUCK are they bothering to explain all these rules on how magic works in this world- we already KNOW how magic works in a generic fantasy world. The rules are the same. It's frankly INSULTING to have to sit through several minutes of monotonous exposition on how magic works- there is nothing original about how it works in this anime, because nothing is original about anything in the world of this anime. But they insist.

So they go to the magic school or testing college or whatever it is. Then they decide that Fern will take the exam. Oh but there's a limit- they can only give the exam every 3 years (so what's this impressive magic school do the other 2.9 years? Is it converted to host soccer games? I don't get it)

AH but it makes sense- as soon as several other mages show up and there's a bunch of people- the plot needs there to be a TOURNAMENT scenario and this is how they set it up. Okay- I'll go with that. The last time a magic battle happened (with the demons) it was the best part of this anime so at least there's the promise of some action ahead. Ahead is the key word- NOT in this episode of course. So sit there and be bored, dear viewer!!!

But then the episode suddenly decides it's about these two other girls we have never seen before. They're with Frieren and being trained as mages. I don't even remember their names, but now they're characters in this show apparently. Good God. Can't this chick write a proper story? MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!! Create some decent characters and open the story with them. Make the whole story about them. Stop just making shit up in flashbacks and jerking your audience all over the place. There is no direction to this narrative at all- it's just one random place to another on foot.
Yes, on foot. They LITERALLY SHOW FERN AND FRIEREN FLYING at one point while practicing- so if you can fly, WHY ARE YOU SPENDING THE ENTIRE ANIME WALKING AROUND ON FOOT!!!!!!!!!111111
SuperAdventureSep 13, 5:46 PM
Sep 21, 2:48 AM
Aug 2018
nice to see Frieren working with more people, she's grown to be really sweet and considerate
(•̀⌄•́)
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Sep 22

123 by BoredSav »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

279 by Neokyuz »»
Yesterday, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

909 by alippskuy »»
Yesterday, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

328 by Sphystius »»
Sep 22, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

560 by Neokyuz »»
Sep 22, 10:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.