Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 4:21 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Woah, I was pleasantly surprised with this. I saw the delinquent tag and was very wary because most of these shows don’t do too hot, but this show will definitely be one I look forward to watching this season.
Apr 4, 4:33 PM

May 2020
At least this time the kids are in high school xD

Surprisingly good first episode. Though the main dude should stop acting as if he has seen ghosts while talking to people lol. I know some deep trauma runs here, but he's making it worse for himself that way.
Apr 4, 4:39 PM

Mar 2021
What Tokyo Revengers could've been if fight scenes weren't ridiculously censored and the MC had some balls and a more iconic look... AU where Mikey is the main character, moves to a new town, and has his Dark Impulse interpreted as an unusual appearance??

I was hoping for the café lady to put up a fight, given her big talk at the beginning. But since we already have a whole crew of fighters, plus a bunch of random thugs, it's unlikely that she'll get a fight scene now. :P
Apr 4, 4:48 PM
Jan 2024
Finally a delinquent anime with a competent MC. Fluid animations, God tier fight scenes and wicked ass OPs and EDs. Now this is how you do a delinquent anime.
Apr 4, 4:49 PM
Dec 2013
The animation when Sakura was fighting the delinquents by himself was really good... that is until the other Furin delinquents entered, and the animation became a slideshow with all those still frames. :/ I was impressed with the animation until that happened.
Apr 4, 4:53 PM
Feb 2020
i dont really like the visuals
it has the lighting of an AI generated image
it kind of reminds me of chainsaw man
i did not like chainsaw man at all
i think a different studio would have been much better for this show
the animation quality isnt bad but the visuals are bad

every studio is different but most studios arent good or bad
cloverworks isnt the worst studio but it is one of the few i would say are on the bad side
cloverworks anime are main stream in a bad way

i really like the eye catches they remind me of one punch man which is good

during the first half of the episode this show seemed most similar to chainsaw man and one punch man but later on i saw how similar it was to tokyo revengers
i swear chifuyu and baji are here

chainsaw man is a 5/10
one punch man is a 9.5/10
tokyo revengers is a 9.67/10

i give wind breaker a 6/10 so far which is a very low score
i am not feeling positive after the first episode
this is definitely a disappointment so far but i expect it to get much better as the show goes on

in my experience as a writer, the first chapter is always the hardest to write

Apr 4, 5:00 PM

Jun 2013
This looks better than Bucchigiri
Apr 4, 5:06 PM
Sep 2023
Atleast its not another reincarnation anime, reminds me of tokyo revengers
Apr 4, 5:25 PM
Apr 2015
I didn't know it was possible to make a show about gangsters even more cringe than Tokyo revengers.
Apr 4, 5:30 PM

Feb 2019
So Tokyo Revengers and Bucchigiri but good? Ok I’m moved already. Cloverworks snapped on the production, designs and overall atmosphere of the premiere, set the tone well and looks like it’s going to be one of, if not the best delinquent series yet.

I thought the stuff with Sakura being judged for his hair and eyes was kind of cheesy, but I guess it’s just an exaggerated take on the “hammer that sticks out” Japanese mentality.

Big fight scene was the highlight and for good reason, storyboarding and camera movements during that were superb 😮‍💨. But let’s not neglect that OST during the climax. Idk who’s on it, but they cooked. Really made that moment even hyper.

Key to this series is going to be making sure the antagonists are interesting and how they handle Sakura opening up to people and becoming a member of the school and community. Looking forward to more.

Kotoha is hot af
Marinate1016Apr 4, 6:00 PM
Apr 4, 5:31 PM
Oct 2019
Another Delinquent Anime??
Fight scene looks good.

Already better than Tokyo Revengers...
Apr 4, 5:44 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to ToleratedToast6
i dont really like the visuals
it has the lighting of an AI generated image
it kind of reminds me of chainsaw man
i did not like chainsaw man at all
i think a different studio would have been much better for this show
the animation quality isnt bad but the visuals are bad

every studio is different but most studios arent good or bad
cloverworks isnt the worst studio but it is one of the few i would say are on the bad side
cloverworks anime are main stream in a bad way

i really like the eye catches they remind me of one punch man which is good

during the first half of the episode this show seemed most similar to chainsaw man and one punch man but later on i saw how similar it was to tokyo revengers
i swear chifuyu and baji are here

chainsaw man is a 5/10
one punch man is a 9.5/10
tokyo revengers is a 9.67/10

i give wind breaker a 6/10 so far which is a very low score
i am not feeling positive after the first episode
this is definitely a disappointment so far but i expect it to get much better as the show goes on

in my experience as a writer, the first chapter is always the hardest to write

@ToleratedToast6 You're the most creative troll i have seen here !
Apr 4, 6:09 PM
Jun 2021
This was a great first episode!

Just a disclaimer, I haven’t read the source material for this.

First of all, Cloverworks animation did not disappoint! The OP was also amazing both animation and song wise, definitely the best I’ve seen of this season so far!

I quite like the main character, he’s different than many others and I’m excited to see how he’ll grow.

I tend to enjoy delinquent anime, and this one is shaping up to be a fun watch. I would give the first episode a 9/10. I’m excited for more!
Apr 4, 6:28 PM

May 2015
Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting....Christ this is dumb
Apr 4, 8:14 PM
Jun 2016
Despite having really stellar fight animation. Not sure I really connect with Sakura's specific brand of loner delinquentism. Like this guy has two different-colored hair and eyes? That's too normal. He was ostracized and became traumatized by everyone he's ever known by simply looking "anime normal"? That's where we're starting???

Also, the gang territory stuff feels like they're playing it completely straight not quite realizing how ludicrous and insane it all looks and sounds. But ultimately, its absurd enough to keep me wanting to know more on that front. Cloverworks succeeds in bringing the rough-and-tumble feel of a street fight to life. Although I'm hesitant as to whether fights will look of this quality throughout or if we've already seen the best it's ever gonna look.

After one episode, I'm not quite sure if there's anything to offer here other than "fight to protect others" and "strength in people who look out for you". Much like with Cloverwork's previous anime "Tokyo 24-ku" and last season's Metal Rogue: smooth action and pretty characters were not enough to carry me past 2 episodes.
Apr 4, 8:57 PM
Jul 2021
I was hoping for good fight animation but I definitely got more than I was expecting. The plot is simple but Sakura’s fake loner act is too endearing to pass up. The restaurant owner was also fun.
Apr 4, 9:09 PM

May 2019
This looks to be an interesting series with a delinquents theme which I haven't really watched much of but this one looks great with nice animation.

It sucks that Haruka has been looked down on simply because of his hair and eye color being 2-toned but it looks like he has found a place that will, and already has, accepted him. I'm looking forward to watching where this series goes.
Apr 4, 9:19 PM

Jul 2014
This one wasn't even on my list, I just saw the visual and thought it would be another Tokyo Revengers (which I dropped) but after reading some comments I gave it a chance and it was awesome.

Sakura is a very likeable tsundere badass! While Kotoha is already a contender for best girl of the season, she is great and I love her design.

And of course the animation... just wow! CloverWorks doing its magic.

Off to a great start. Excited for more.
Apr 4, 9:39 PM

Sep 2021
Another seasonal I didn't have particularly high expectations for. One of those "might be a gem, but probably not". Which is good, because this way it can't disappoint me. The main reason I even picked it up is because the character design looked really good!

And this promise was kept - the character design and expressions are great.

But that's it. There's no plot or character to back that up yet. So far it's just a really cringe and edgy self-insert show that takes itself waaaay to seriously.

Also, Kotoha is the worst. If you can't fight, don't talk big. And if you almost got kidnapped an hour ago, don't run into another fight with the very same guys!
Continuing that thought... shouldn't Haruka hate her? Isn't she the kind of weakling who pretends to be strong and to know it all? Doesn't really make sense.

The more I think about it, the more my first impression on the show declines. I guess it's up to the other main characters to turn things around now. The last thing I need is another Hametsu no Oukoku, but in a backstreet setting.
Apr 4, 10:19 PM

Apr 2015
Oh a tsundere protagonist, you don't see that often.

Hmm not sure how to feel about the story itself so far. I think my biggest gripe is Sakura's background - how he grew up with others looking at him in disgust solely because of his looks, and how that gave him the motivation to become strong without relying on others. Hope that gets fleshed out more. On a positive note, the animation's great and I like the character designs. Also, it's unexpected yet refreshing to see all the townspeople cheering on the delinquents fighting. Strangely wholesome. Looking forward to meeting the other main characters.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 4, 10:26 PM

Oct 2022
I hold Cloverworks in high regard, but I never expected something like this.

I can relate to Sakura being alone, and unconsciously wanting to be more, to not be alone. Its really special and I love this.
Apr 4, 10:55 PM

Nov 2021
This episode was so hype. Went in with 0 expectations, didn't watch the trailer and never read the manga, and this completely blew me away. If the rest of this anime is the same quality then we are in for a treat
Apr 5, 12:29 AM

Mar 2010
In all honesty the setting itself is pretty stupid, i wish the theme was about something else other than fighting.
Not sure why this got so much production value. Characters seem well written, but i feel like the setting kind of ruins it, gang fighting is pretty braindead thing to invest time in.
But maybe it will bring something else on the table, so i will give it a few more episodes.
Apr 5, 1:12 AM

Nov 2023
It was a really good start, and the action was really nice. 
Apr 5, 1:24 AM
Jan 2020
I can't name one deliquent anime/manga in the last decade that doesn't have one dude that looks like he's supposed to be saying teehee instead of looking like an actual deliquents lmao
RonninnApr 5, 1:39 AM
Apr 5, 1:58 AM
Mar 2024
Already seems 10x better than Tokyo Revengers
Apr 5, 2:29 AM
Mar 2024
I very love the animation, it is smooth and the story is easy to follow with,
I cant wait for the next episode to come out, since this series really pull my intrest

one of few thing that make me intrested is the main character which has a sad back story, that make him want do anything all by himself, he prefer to be lonely cus that's the thing he think is right, but then he get some help from the kids in his high school, bofurin. bofurin it self is not some kind of a bad gang or a group delinquent, the locals themself known them as a hero since they help the local with some delinquent and gang who like to destroy private and public property (you can also see them erasing some vandalism in the opening). and that what make the MC impres of what they get in the area. Unlike the treatment he used to get. He is your typical hars tsundere that fluster so much because of a simple compliment, all he get is just a hate and disgust from the people in his previous place

in conclusion, it's a story that tells you about a good people who like to resort violance with a meanie gangster group so they could keep the local safe.
Scary_BreadApr 5, 2:35 AM
Apr 5, 2:55 AM

Oct 2019
Great start 8/10.
Apr 5, 4:03 AM

Jul 2021
Better than TR for a premiere. God that one is horrid. Sakura has quite a story to tell. The action is sick. Hope it continues that way, an entertainment that is.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 5, 4:36 AM
Jan 2022
i think this anime will be a solid 7
Apr 5, 4:43 AM
Nov 2021
This is the type of first episode that ends up making me not watch further. This episode was so comprehensive -it told a whole story- that I'm already satisfied. The MC underwent an arc. I get it. I'm ok with this as a one-shot.

7/10
Lurik259Apr 5, 4:46 AM
Apr 5, 4:52 AM

Jan 2008
Really enjoyed this episode. Fight scenes were good and combat wasn't too over the top aside from maybe the last jump. Hoping the action stays grounded to a degree.

Also Kotoha's gorgeous. MAL has her listed as a side character but I hope she stays relevant enough to regularly get screen time.
Apr 5, 5:29 AM

Jun 2008
This show is probably decent and I reasonably enjoyed ep 1 but the main character is so annoying with his "tortured past" bs and the constant "why would anybody care about me" whining.
What an aboloute chum, I hope he gets the shit kicked out of him at some point in the show.
Apr 5, 5:34 AM
Apr 2021
Fianlly I’ve been waiting on this for so long and Cloverworks DELIVERED man this first epsidoe was amazing the animation was crazy and the POV shots were a fantastic touch for this fighting delinquent show straight up just fire man😩🔥🔥🔥🔥

How the hell did they make Tachibana even more hotter than she already is? Fuck I love her short hair it’s the perfect length for her and any anime character imo that hairstyle makes anyone girl look H O T😩😮‍💨

Don’t get me started on the Opening and Ending song this show is one of those rare instances we’re both of them are bangers and I don’t know which one I find better and tbh I’m torn asf their both so fucking GOOD, I’m definitely adding both to my playlist🔥🔥🔥🔥

Cant wait to see how Cloverworks does this adaptation they’ve never done me dirty in the animation department ever I’m happy I forgot most of the shit in the manga so I’m hyped to get surprised at the hype moments I forgot😩😫😩😫😩😫😩🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 5, 5:36 AM
Nov 2021
Damm I always knew this was going to be epic. First the animation quality for those fast paced fight scenes. This reminds me of when Madara faced a whole army him self without being touched.
Then there's how Natori just gave us an unexpected epic track for the opening. And then Clover works did their work and now I'm starting to think the animators secretly worked on God of Highschool opening.
This spring is going to be epic.
Apr 5, 6:00 AM

Oct 2022
Never heard of this one. It's pretty good, tho. That fight scene was very smooth. Will definitely finish this one.
Apr 5, 6:08 AM

Jun 2016
looks promising not gonna lie !!
Apr 5, 6:39 AM
Feb 2024
I watched it before I go to school -like 5 am- and it was amazing! I just hold myself to scream and say “Go Haruka!” -also I wanna punch these people who made fun with him. Anyway, I liked mc, his style, his personality is on fire! I can’t wait second episode!
Apr 5, 6:39 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to SideCharacterKal
You can never be disappointed with Cloverwork's adaptations. I've always seen this manhwa pop up on sites, but never gave it a chance. Because the name is the same as the cycle one, so I didn't put much thought behind it.
But now, it's going to be one of my favorite this season for sure. I really like Sakura's personality, he is not a weakling and will probably be a pretty good character. The animation and fighting sequences are dope as fuck. OP AND ED both pretty good.
@SideCharacterKal this isn't a manhwa. This is from a manga that just has the same name as you said.
Apr 5, 7:08 AM
Jan 2021
This is the sleeper anime of the season. Holy shit, it’s so good! This is how you do a delinquent anime (looking at you Bucchigiri).
Apr 5, 7:14 AM
Jun 2016
Mc really was an underdog.. the word "thank you" giving him hard ptsd like whoa there's some trauma behind.
Really cool fights and "Yankee" atmosphere, it has a manga so I hope it will be better than Bucchigiri.
Actually I think Bucchigiri came out before but was meant to be the dupe of this series lmao.
Apr 5, 7:56 AM

Apr 2021
I saw two previews for this show, but neither did it justice.

If this first episode is setting the tone for the rest of the anime, then I’m going to love it.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 5, 8:01 AM
Feb 2021
Really amazing the fight grafic never thought gonna be this good
Apr 5, 8:07 AM
Dec 2022
smooth animation and great fight
Apr 5, 8:12 AM

Aug 2019
Very unfortunate title aside, this one isn't really for me lol I don't really get the appeal of delinquent stuff so I'll be dropping this one here
Apr 5, 8:16 AM
Jul 2022
Very fun and amazing animation, watch the first episode if you haven't.
Apr 5, 8:41 AM

Dec 2022
Wasn't sure about this, but found it was a decent start to the anime, can't wait to watch more.
Apr 5, 9:22 AM

Oct 2020
This show is very masculinity, Haruka is a badass person.
Apr 5, 9:31 AM
Sep 2021
The action was great, Clover works did a Good job
Apr 5, 9:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
strange beginning, a youth gang member who wants to end up being a local hero!
kekeke
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30

97 by Vilvenia »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9

116 by Sttc41 »»
Yesterday, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2

106 by Sttc41 »»
Yesterday, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

78 by Sttc41 »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 18

96 by Sttc41 »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.