Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 3, 9:11 AM

Oct 2009
I download the anime from nyaa and stream it to my TV with Plex. I do this with movies and TV as well. I've been meaning to get a NAS, something like the ds423+, and stream from there, but...so expensive... So right now I just wirelessly stream from my desktop.
lucjanApr 3, 9:15 AM

Apr 3, 9:18 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I use PC or Laptop like what most other people do, sometimes my smartphone :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 3, 9:21 AM

Jan 2010
For me:

Smartphone (I have streaming apps to watch anime)
PCs/laptops (again, I can watch anime online)
TV (I use either a blu-ray player/PS4 to watch anime on blu-rays or DVDs. Or use a streaming app like Youtube, Netflix, Prime Video, Crunchyroll, etc... to watch anime via those apps)
Apr 3, 5:50 PM

Jun 2007
In no particular order...

Methods:

* DVD and Blu-Ray
* Legal streaming sites, i.e. HiDive, Funimation, and CrunchyRoll
* Files illicitly acquired via torrents, IRC, or direct downloads. (I do not use illegal/pirate/bootleg streaming sites, as their re-encoded videos are lower quality than any other method, and I don't believe they should get to profit from the work of the anime industry, fansubbers, and/or ripping/encoding groups.)

Technology:
* Samsung Blu-Ray player bought in 2014
* 32" HDTV bought in 2013
* 1600x900 desktop monitor bought in 2013 (+ 2015-vintage Logitech 5.1 speakers)
* Laptop bought in 2019
* Portable DVD player bought in 2007 (tho tbh I wish it would die already)
* Yamaha audio receiver bought in 2023, with 5.1 speakers held over from a Zenith DVD+home theater system bought in 2003
* Until very recently, I'd never watched anime on my phone. However, I did so for the first time while at a convention over the past weekend, in order to watch the last 2 eps of Selector Spread Wixoss, the uncensored English dub version of My First Girlfriend is a Gal, and part of the 2009 Eureka 7 movie before Funimation shut down.

I choose not to get larger displays in order to keep older anime on DVD and low-res files looking acceptable. I figure that a little detail loss in newer/HD content is a worthy tradeoff.

And let's be honest, "getting mentioned on MAL" is not going to independently cause illegal streaming sites to get shut down, unless you think those companies are somehow unable to type "Watch [anime title] free" into Google themselves. Perhaps some concern should be directed at a certain pro-piracy subreddit and its extensive index as well.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Apr 3, 7:10 PM

Dec 2021
90% of the time I use my eyes, and like 10% I go old school with my tongue. Yeah, I'm a wee bit "old," as the young sprites say.
Apr 3, 7:14 PM

Nov 2019
I use my goat gaming PC to watch anime or my Phone, and on illegal sites e.g. aniwave
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Apr 3, 7:19 PM

Mar 2019
I watch on "alternative" sites on my computer and cell phone. ^-^
Apr 3, 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
Usually my 40in Smart HD4k TV using CR, Netflix, HiDive, Amazon Prime, or Hulu for streaming or my BD player connected to the same TV for DVDs and Blu-Rays. Sometimes my laptop connected to the TV. The audio from there goes though my 5.1 surround sound system too.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 4, 1:38 PM

Feb 2022
Laptop

and I watch on:
9anime (aniwave), gogoanime, kissanime, wco, zoroto, and a few others occasionally. all for FREE
Apr 4, 2:49 PM
Oct 2023
My Tablet because someone stole my phone (it’s in my household but someone took it)

I watch anime on netflix. Which is sad.
Apr 4, 2:55 PM

Mar 2021
My Laptop or a PC is usually what I use
Apr 4, 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
TV (Most of the time)
Phone ( only in emergencies)

the only anime I pirate is Pokémon horizons because there is no other way and I really like it
Apr 4, 7:03 PM

Jun 2015
Tablet or sometimes PC...☺️! It
depends...🙂!
The Journey For The Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step.
Apr 4, 11:49 PM

Aug 2022
I use my mind to create images after I read the anime info.
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Apr 5, 3:23 AM

Oct 2020
In-ear monitors/IEMs/in-ears and laptop. so my adhd brain can perform multitasking

Apr 6, 11:02 AM
May 2021
Reply to chinobot
@Slimsith

>Giving proprietary "anti-virus" full access to your computer
>Trusting a VPN provider
>Believing you're not getting fucked with
@JMQZPZPTFW
It is what it is.
I'm going to switch to Linux anyway, but I'm not doing anything special.
Everybody is getting paid somehow someway, but we each prefer our own way of playing the game.
I haven't had issues yet.
I did build my own PC, so if anything acts weird I'll know.
There are 'common sense' safeguards, like torrenting applications or games.
Anyway, everyone does their drug differently.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it possible to recommend 2000s Anime to kids nowadays?

Dragevard - Yesterday

21 by juanlqr »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1034 by Rumore009 »»
3 minutes ago

» I can't believe an anime did this....

LenRea - 11 hours ago

17 by Coaghim »»
10 minutes ago

» Style of watching

Vapor_AU - Yesterday

34 by juanlqr »»
14 minutes ago

» One person's trash, is another person's treasure

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

13 by Coaghim »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.