Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 21, 8:03 AM

Mar 2014
It still frustrating to watch ichikawa acting like a chicken shit after all this time
Jan 21, 8:46 AM
Apr 2020
I forgot to bring only sugar-free snacks to watch this, now my blood sugar is high.
I loved this episode though, and how the dad still remembers him at the end. Ichikawa is in trouble, hhhh.
Also, the dad kinda reminded me of Toji, the way he looks tho.
Jan 21, 9:25 AM
Jan 2017
Sometimes I think, "Dangers is a great show but it's not very realistic."
Yet every time a new episode drops, I'm right there. The characters are very real. Their interactions are true to their natures.
Kyoutoro doubts himself whenever he acts on wanting to be closer to Anna. And when he falls back, she steps up to find out why he is turning away. And my heart glows.
Yeah. It was another GREAT episode.
Dreadogastus_FJan 21, 11:11 AM
Jan 21, 10:49 AM

Apr 2012
Yamada really didn't even think for a minute that her mother would instantly take Ichikawa as her boyfriend/love interest? Even if he was a gay guy who the girls took to teach him how to make chocolate, it still wouldn't happen on Valentine's Day.
Jan 21, 10:57 AM
Mar 2018
I didn't expect the official meeting with Yamada's parents to happen so soon!

The episode was excellent! I was really glad that Ichikawa came clean about the whole "boyfriend" joke and stayed. The mom and dad were such characters! Really kind and sweet; especially how the dad wanted to game with Kyo and asked for his friend code. x)

Also, I loved the conversation between Ichikawa and his sister, and how he asked Anna to not give the other boys chocolates. That ending was sweet. <3
Jan 21, 2:22 PM

Sep 2017
Another fantastic episode, the dialogue that Ichikawa has with Kana is simply beautiful, that is why I love this anime, because it goes beyond being a conventional RomCom, it is a story that explores in a very subtle way what adolescence is and its phase of growth and self-discovery. It makes me proud to see my boy grow up and trust himself more and more.

There was a small change in the adaptation about Kobayashi's conversation with the group telling how it was the first time he met Yamada, since in the manga it is in another context and has some pretty funny jealousy scenes, I hope the adaptation can include them somehow (Chapter 79):

In the next episode one of my favorite scenes is coming.

GonXaloJan 21, 2:40 PM
Jan 21, 2:53 PM
May 2023
I firmly say that unlike most other anime, Ichikawa's behavior becomes more masculine and mature as he grows older, this is a masterpiece. Especially the part where he told Yamada not to give chocolate to the boys

This anime is a hidden gem. I have never seen an anime like this before. Ichikawa becomes more mature in every part of her character . I am happy that I saw two rare gems this year, the dangers in my heart and Friren
SabokdastJan 21, 2:56 PM
Jan 21, 3:13 PM
Nov 2023
So much development and fantastic moments between the characters. Answers your burning questions from past episodes while giving you new ones to look forward to the next.
Jan 21, 3:21 PM

Feb 2023
Bro, just be normal. She likes you. Her parents like you. YOU like her! Just be chill about it.
Jan 21, 5:14 PM

Aug 2017
Still 10/10. One of the best anime I have ever seen.

I love how Kyotaro has moments where he overcomes his insecurities and mans up at the last moment.

I had a feeling the titan would be a gamer when I saw the shirt.

Moeko is a fun, mischievous character.
Jan 21, 6:26 PM

Feb 2011
jesus h christmas what a fantastic episode, the :3 chick covering for ichikawa as hilarious, and yamada's dad is hilarious

their chemistry is something literally never seen in anime history

9.78/10

Jan 21, 8:41 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to MeanEYE
Am starting to dislike this show. First season, them being so awkward to each other was kind of cute and expected. But a sizable amount of time has passed and people are still incapable of forming complete sentences. It's getting old and annoying.
@MeanEYE
But a sizable amount of time has passed and people are still incapable of forming complete sentences

I'm really not sure what you're talking about, can you give an example?
Jan 21, 9:10 PM
Oct 2019
This episode is so beautiful, please date, I want to see you happy, oh my god I'm excited about this episode
Jan 21, 11:03 PM

Jan 2017
Best episode so far. Yamada's family approves. 2 of Yamada's best friends also approves.

This anime is so fcking good. One of the best romcoms I've seen in a while.
Jan 22, 1:05 AM
Oct 2019
I can't with Imaginary Kyoutaro voice by Jun Fukuyama, always made me laugh.

Daddy Yamada with that Playstation shirt, I knew it he was a GAMER!!

That ending scene with Kyoutaro and her sister was really great.

It just keep getting better and better each episodes.
davidyodo24Jan 22, 1:10 AM
Jan 22, 3:24 AM
Jan 2021
Best romance anime u can ever get
Jan 22, 5:08 AM
Jan 2024
just bring the epsiode 4 faster
Jan 22, 6:18 AM
Apr 2021
THAT LAST SCENE WITH HIM AND HER SISTER MAN shit made me feel giddy this guy Ichikawa really told her he wants to make Yamada his girlfriend🥹

Moeko is a real one but funny as well too she’s really bout to hit on Yamada’s dad and speaking of Yamada’s parents…HER MOM IS HOT ASF I LOVE HER SHORT HAIR😩😮‍💨

The love the way the title card drops right before the episode ends shit gives me goosebumps everytime I see it being in contrast with what’s happening in the episode🔥
Jan 22, 7:28 AM

Jun 2016
The creep to hottie trope is one I've always enjoyed. The dad is one of my favorite characters I wish he would get more screen time.
Jan 22, 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
omg i don't even know where to start ... i just enjoyed every second of this ep
i laughed so much & also felt like crying hahahaha omg so many pure raw emotions
i can say it's the best romance anime i've watched from ages
Jan 22, 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
Hilarious episode with a lot of development which they absolutely nailed it! Ichikawa is going for it finally! I'm Really loving this season, we're in for a masterclass in all aspects.
Jan 22, 10:14 AM
Jan 2023
the best romance in this season for sure
Jan 22, 11:32 AM
Apr 2023
I almost choked on my drink when he did what he did on that very last scene. Ma boy Ichikawa will be going places.
Jan 22, 11:33 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to kochia
the best romance in this season for sure
@kochia even in recent years (I forgot when Oregiaru ended lol)
Jan 22, 12:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao Yamada's father is taking a liking to Ichikawa, great that he came to her home again especially with a Valentines' day approach, and now he's getting more and more confident with his feelings to the point he spoke like that in front of his sister it should have been awkward ahaha
Jan 22, 12:33 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to saikyozero
@kochia even in recent years (I forgot when Oregiaru ended lol)
@saikyozero i think it ended on 2020
Jan 23, 2:10 AM
Jan 2024
Great one, like usual, looking forward to see the next ! <3
Jan 23, 6:48 AM
May 2020
Yamada's father is a scary dude. Loved to see Yamada jealous.
Jan 23, 6:56 AM

Oct 2008
OMG!!! Jealous Anna is really frightening!!! not really the yandere thing but really scary when she's legit jealous!
When the dad appeared i thought! oh! looks like Anna got her height from the genes of her dad! oh okay! and lolz i laughed they told him he was like a KYOJIN! BWAHAHAHA! (of course Reiner was a kyojin after all! lolz the VA Hosoya!)
the real talk of her older sister was a bit realistic! Ichikawa is really young and anything can happen in the future but we see here that looks like Ichikawa is dead set on pursuing Anna. As for Anna she doesn't realize that she's already madly inlove with our petite MC!
5/5.

Jan 23, 9:28 PM

Jul 2017
Valentine's Day is coming, and as expected, chocolate is the main topic at hand for the girls, though Yamada as always, wants to have Ichikawa part of the stint.

Ichikawa finds himself back again at Yamada's place, and Moeko dragged him back because she wants him to. But this is the first time that Ichikawa is meeting Yamada's mother for the first time, and Moeko has to fake it like a girlfriend, though this is giving a very suspicious look that Yamada is all upset of Moeko having to play the role for Ichikawa. Of course, for Chihiro and Serina, they find Yamada quite the oddball...which Moeko wants to push further, which Serina just could not take it anymore. There's just bad vibes everywhere, and how would Ichikawa take this into account, he'd admit the white lie wasn't true, which they definitely met during Season 1 in the parent-teacher conference before. Once again, Ichikawa faces a proposition, yet still wants to believe that miracles do happen...except of the giant, which is her father.

The Yamada father figure is here, which scares everyone, as a chef and giant who's wary of Ichikawa. All he wants to do...is to play games with Ichikawa, which this leaves a rather peculiar sight especially to all. And despite the obligatory chocolate that Yamada secretly gives to Ichikawa, Serina soon catches that he has been to Yamada's place before, but Moeko is having too much fun being flirty. A call from Yamada to ask Ichikawa of how her parents are like, and expectedly, they feel the same. At this moment, Ichikawa is sure of his feelings for Yamada, but he doesn't feel confident being part of her world, as much as he wants to be her boyfriend for real.

Now, it's putting his pedal to the metal, and proving his feelings for real to Yamada.
Jan 23, 10:09 PM
Jul 2022
Great episode! Nice to see him voice his true feelings. Our boy is growing up so fast! T^T
Jan 24, 2:46 AM
Sep 2021
Ichikawa is getting braver, he is trying his best to make sure he stands beside yamada throughout his life. That was a good moment.
Jan 24, 8:35 AM

Jan 2017
Dang, I want something just like this
Jan 24, 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
Sheesh. The moment Kana and Kyoutarou both physically react to him saying he want's to be Anna's boyfriend is everything.

This show is too adorable.
Jan 25, 7:00 AM
Dec 2020
This ep surly I very good one
Also it didn't take much to got to Introduce to her dad and also that he remembered him from ep 2
Also how nice her dad is as well
Jan 25, 8:01 AM
Dec 2019
really bad can't believe they made 12 years old kid act like this
Jan 26, 4:49 AM
Feb 2021
ichikawa finally making moves!!!!!!!!
Jan 27, 6:28 AM

Apr 2016
Dad is a chad, period.
Jan 27, 3:09 PM

Nov 2023
A sweet episode where we got some good progress.

Ichikawa definitely wants to date Yamada and he just declared it.

Yamada's dad although intimidating looks like a pretty nice guy all around, he's just massive.
Jan 28, 11:08 AM
Apr 2022
Forgot to give this a review a week ago 😅 haha
But Another Valentine’s Day episode weeks before Valentines!

Like every valentines episode it starts off with the group of girls having trouble figuring out how to get the chocolates and who to give them too, very typical things. The girls talk about where to bake it at and Yamada suggests her place. She then looks over at Ichikawa in which he seems confused why he is a part of it. Throughout the whole series Ichikawa always thought that Yamada has seen him like one of her girl friends, which is a cute but very typical misunderstanding. As he is going to Yamadas place he thinks maybe they didn’t actually want him to go so he starts nervously pacing back and forth. The girls walk by headed the same way and see Ichikawa and drag him along.

As seen in the 2nd ep when Ichikawa left Yamada house, there was a fucking giant when he was trying to exit the elevator and we see more of him when we get inside Yamada house. As soon as we even step inside there already trouble brewing. They all introduce themselves to Yamada’s mom. She see’s Ichikawa and is confused as to why there is a boy in the house. The red haired girl (forgot her name) comes up with an excuse and says it her boyfriend, visibly Yamada is distraught and everyone else tries to play it off. They get to cooking and Ichikawa need help putting on the apron. Yamada comes to his rescue, then Mommy Yamada sees this and is confused as to why she is putting a apron on her friends man. Moeko then comes put it on. Yamada is seen in the back even more distraught with this fake relationship. A couple of moments later and Moeko tells Ichikawa she wants to make it seem more believable to Yamadas mom and she wanted Ichikawa to call her by her first name. Ichikawa is like hell nah, but she persists. Yamada just looks and is getting more depressed (poor yamada :( ) Orange haired girl gets up and states the obvious: This is wrong! Everyone looks but don’t say much. This next scene was eye opening for me, This is the first time in the series where I’ve seen Yamada look like a motherfucking Yandere, She went up to Yamada and asked if he is having fun with a deadly look in her eyes. I was like wtf :0 Ichikawa then goes go the bathroom where he has a fucking crisis and debate with his other self but it was a good self reflection. I really like Ichikawa for his character and character development. He other self said to set the whole story straight and the truth out, but he decided he just wanted to leave without letting anyone know.
On his way out, Mama Yamada catches his leaving, Yamada follows soon after. Right before he leaves, Ichikawa thinks about the possibility of being with Yamada (because he actually really likes her he just didn’t realize it till now) and leaving the house without setting the truth straight. Respectably, my boy Ichikawa tells the truth to Mama Yamada and dips. She is shocked. Mama Yamada and Ichikawa talk then Yamada and Ichikawa talk also. Now for the big bomb, soon as they step inside Fucking Giant Yamada over here is teach the gang how to cook. We actually get to know him and honestly he not too far off alot of regular people other than his height. He just a hardcore gamer and chef. Haha my type of friend. Yamada and Ichikawa share a couple of heartwarming moments. Soon the gang leaves. Ichikawa social life had been getting busier than ever and one last call from Yamada to Ichikawa she ask him what he thinks of her parents and what her parents think of him…very highly!! :) Sis Ichikawa and Ichikawa talk and they both find out and where Ichikawa agrees to his feeling for Yamada. The story only goes on from here….. ;)

Honestly i really loved this episode and many others probably 9/10 or 10/10 on this episode for me. the anime should hopefully only go up from here.
Jan 29, 11:26 AM
Feb 2015
Yamada's dad a gamer and a giant, I kinda wanna play super smash bros with him 😳

I love the sibling talk at the end ahahahaah
Feb 2, 3:46 AM

Oct 2017
Damn I melted, that was so sweet. Anna chan's parents are nice. Moeko's becoming a real bro.
Feb 3, 12:39 PM

May 2015
Daddy is super hot i play games!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 4, 8:56 AM
Dec 2022
he finally declared that he had deep feeling for Yamada, can't wait for them to officially become couples.
Feb 5, 12:54 PM
Apr 2022
Yamada's pappa has a Elden-ring-boss-like figure, no shit!
Feb 5, 1:55 PM
May 2017
Every episode they are more honest with their feelings with this one having Ichikawa open up about it to his sister. It's such nice progressive character growth to watch.
Feb 5, 3:30 PM

Oct 2023
Is not a bad idea that Moeko can also start into the MC too, I like Moeko.
Feb 5, 4:17 PM
Dec 2019
Reply to rookielazer
This episode supposed to be tense and cringy and yet they mange to make this very easy to watch. Great job to the production staff for this near perfect adaptation so far.
@rookielazer nah this one was really cringe got to admit it
Feb 5, 4:22 PM
Dec 2019
Am starting to dislike this show. First season, them being so awkward to each other was kind of cute and expected. But a sizable amount of time has passed and people are still incapable of forming complete sentences. It's getting old and annoying.

Using the same jokes/situations/tropes/etc over and over again from episode to episode and with barely any progress gets boring/annoying at the end.
If creator has not much to tell better make it a short story instead of stretching to 100+ volumes of manga or couple of anime seasons imo
But then again, it's Japan, where people love to make everything to the extreme regardless how good, bad, weird or boring it is ¯\_(ツ)_/
Feb 8, 11:54 AM

Nov 2018
Another banger episode.
This season is just cherry on the top.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

369 by rmcold »»
Sep 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

85 by Zevven »»
Sep 9, 1:13 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

237 by Zevven »»
Sep 8, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

195 by Zevven »»
Sep 8, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

111 by Zevven »»
Sep 8, 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.