Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 12, 2:59 AM

Sep 2011
The episode itself was fine but its so excellently directed and storyboarded this quickly shot up to the show im most excited for this season, we need more originals and this seems to be one of the higher effort outputs in a while.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 5:16 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to JizzyHitler
The episode itself was fine but its so excellently directed and storyboarded this quickly shot up to the show im most excited for this season, we need more originals and this seems to be one of the higher effort outputs in a while.
@JizzyHitler

Was a really nice opening although I hope we will find out more about the singer in the future (or at least about the immortal nine) She seemed like she got screwed over but we don't know at the moment what she did in the past.
Jan 12, 7:07 AM

Dec 2014
Studio Bones fell off. I went into this with a open mind thinking that the fairly low rating was actually just for some stupid reason.
But holy hell, for every single second I was watching this I was thinking about continuing or dropping it on the spot, got nearly halfway through then skipped through the episode to see if at least the highlights are interesting and holy shit, they absolutely were NOT.
Bonechillingly uninteresting characters, some have fairly good designs, but if the animation and characters themself are not up to par with the design, then they might as well not exist in the first place.

Not worth a watch. Do not waste your time further, same for Bones, unless they are already done with this entirely, just drop it, save your time and money.
Jan 12, 9:01 AM
Apr 2023
It looks interesting, artwork is great.
Jan 12, 9:09 AM
Mar 2015
it is a rough world out there for Nenes RIP bird
Jan 12, 9:31 AM
Aug 2022
Blade Runner Vibes
Jan 12, 1:07 PM

Jun 2014
This anime is certainly confusing, and has not caught my interest at all.

However, it's just the first episode, so maybe once we learn more about the characters, it'll improve.

Jan 12, 2:09 PM
Jul 2023
I'm convinced you guys watched the wrong episode. this was a very good first episode, the best of this season. and man these comments nitpicking everything and for the dumbest possible reasons are not it
Jan 12, 2:11 PM

Apr 2022
There's no a better way than starting an anime like this. It was a wonderful episode and the characters seems good too. A great surprise tbh.
Jan 12, 4:39 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty strange first episode. Kind of too fast paced for my liking. We learned about some organization names and the robot mechanics, but the relationship dynamics between the characters was very confusing. The two MCs are apparently working together and have been for a while. We don't know why, but what is especially strange is how Rouge seems like a complete space cadet in her "human" form. She supposedly hadn't even seen Naomi before outside of her bird drone, but that almost feels like a software bug where she's forgetting shit? Idk both she and the dynamic felt unnatural as hell. Also, no idea what Rouge was doing hanging around our Sarah. They seem to be implying they met because Rouge was minding her own business sitting on a garbage bin and Sarah decides to get her limo to pull over to... take her in??? Are they implying Rouge looked like a homeless girl or something and this was an act of kindness? If so they did a miserable job conveying that.

This was quite messy. Confusing but in a bad way. Not in the way that makes me feel intrigued about a mystery; rather, in a way that makes me think "wtf did I miss an episode." Some of the world building was pretty good tho. As I said many new proper nouns and shit. It looked pretty good too. I guess they just wanted to tell a story of the very cliche "these robots should have human rights cause I just wanted to be a signer etc etc" and we are supposed to ponder why tf our MC is hunting down these "immortal nine."
Jan 12, 6:46 PM

May 2021
It has an interesting start, lets see how it will be moving forward
Jan 12, 9:01 PM

Mar 2016
i'll give it a couple more eps before i judge it too harshly but it feels like they got so many cool concepts and made it too tropey without a solid enticing plot. we shall see
Jan 13, 12:57 AM

Apr 2015
I don't feel much artistic talent here. The producers were trying really hard to make everything feel abstract and trippy but I don't think they've really 'got it'.

If actual arthouse shows are poetry this is a writer cutting out every other sentence of a short story and rearranging the words so it looks like a poem. So it resembles an actual poem at a glance but there's little ingenuity, flow, excitement to be felt while taking in each line.

Also the discriminated androids trope is getting old as fuck.

Having said that the visuals are nice and this being a whole point lower than Solo Leveling might be a bit ridiculous
Jan 13, 3:40 AM
Nov 2022
Interesting episode.... except the fight scene was a bit underwhelming
Jan 13, 3:59 AM
Apr 2022
Standing still using Whips and flame throwers. Could do better next time i hope. Girls are cute so good start
Jan 13, 8:21 AM

Jul 2021
I like the setting and actions were cool. Promising start Op is vibey.
Jan 13, 8:52 AM

Feb 2011
This was... something for sure. Did they air the last episode by mistake ?
Jan 13, 9:22 AM
Feb 2016
I love this anime.

Jan 13, 10:12 AM
Aug 2023
i dont understand anything lol (maybe because its just the first episode, I guest lol)
Jan 13, 10:13 AM
Aug 2023
i dont understand anything lol (maybe because its just the first episode, I guest lol)
Jan 13, 10:34 AM
Jan 2022
Shino's Shitty Reviews: Metallic Rouge - Episode 1:

This season has not been disappointing so far, and this anime is no exception to that. Metallic Rouge has been on my radar since it was announced and knowing Bones had picked it up I knew they were cooking something with this.

Story: In a neon-drenched Mars colonized by humans and their sophisticated android creations known as Autonomes, tensions simmer beneath the gleaming surface. Enter Rouge, a sleek, enigmatic android tasked with the grim duty of eliminating rogue Autonomes who threaten the fragile peace. This opening episode lays the groundwork for what promises to be a suspenseful cyberpunk thriller, introducing a fascinating world and a captivating protagonist with a shrouded past.

Animation:Studio Bones flexes its animation muscles, delivering gorgeous visuals that capture the gritty grandeur of a cyberpunk metropolis. The action sequences are fluid and exhilarating, with Rouge's acrobatic combat style a particular highlight. The rain-soaked streets and towering neon signages ooze the atmosphere, creating a world that feels both vibrant and oppressive. We were granted a sneak peek into what the series might show us a lot more of in the first episode itself, a mecha transformation and the fight that followed, oh boy that gave me an adrenaline rush. I don't want to spoil the episode much, so this is all can say about it for now.

Characters: Rouge is an intriguing mix of cold efficiency and veiled vulnerability. Her stoic demeanor and minimalist dialogue pique curiosity, hinting at a complex inner world waiting to be explored. Her character is often the airhead type throughout the episode, totally my thing tbh. The secondary characters introduced in this episode are quite intriguing, with their own motives and agendas waiting to be unraveled as the series progresses. Design-wise they did not hold back in the slightest, the whole robotish veins and likes across the Nean's bodies are a concept that has been previously seen but this just executes it a lot better.

Sound: The atmospheric soundtrack sets the mood perfectly, with pulsating synth beats and melancholic melodies underlining the show's cyberpunk ambiance. This show brings back a very interesting staff member in Taisei Iwasaki, he has worked on Kekkai Sensen but he hasn't seen him in a decent anime since, and I can say for sure that he is doing a great job in this one. The voice acting is strong, particularly Yume Miyamoto's portrayal of Rouge's enigmatic yet stoic presence. At the beginning of the episode, the song being sung by Sarah was quite ephemeral to say the least, embodying the whole cyberpunk-esque feel.The ending song just wraps the whole episode up in a very beautiful way, named after the main character herself. We didn't get to see the ED this episode, but seeing how the sound department has been bangers across the board, I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

Overall: Metallic Rouge's pilot episode is a promising start, establishing a captivating world, introducing intriguing characters, and showcasing stunning visuals. While the pacing is slightly uneven at times, the strong animation, intriguing premise, and compelling protagonist leave me eager to see where the story goes next. This is definitely a cyberpunk anime worth keeping an eye on.

Rating: 9/10
Jan 13, 11:28 AM
Dec 2016
it was ok. loved the designs, but I wish they'd come up with a more creative transformation. those transformation rings gave me flashbacks from danny phantom lol
Jan 13, 3:37 PM
Mar 2019
STUDIO BONES!!! This will fill up my need for cyberpunk this season. WOW.
Jan 13, 4:18 PM
Nov 2012
There was a lot happening in this episode. I got the impression a lot of it was very important, but I didn't fully grasp why, exactly. I imagine that once we learn more about the story, it might make the events of this episode a much bigger deal in hindsight. We'll see.

I like the look of the anime, and the character design is nice. Rouge is already pretty charming. Interested in seeing where the story goes.
Jan 13, 11:02 PM

Aug 2021
I have really high hopes for this anime, just looking at the first episode. But, it does need some explaining to do, as, for the most part, the first episode leaves me with many questions.
Jan 14, 6:32 AM

Sep 2022
Quite confusing. Style over substance.
Jan 14, 6:48 AM

Nov 2020
Metallic Rouge looks good, although after the first episode we know almost nothing about the world or the motivations and goals of the characters, the first episode looks as if we were thrown into the middle of the season.
For me it's an interesting move, the characters don't explain things that are obvious to them, like the scientists from Interstellar who went into space and have to explain to other scientists the basics of their mission, the time will just come and we'll see what comes out of it.
Apart from that, the animation and action scenes are awesome, plus a lovely MC👌
Jan 14, 7:09 AM

Jan 2008
First episode didn't particularly leave much of an impression for me. Wished they went a harder with the cyberpunk theme, feels underutilized.
Jan 14, 11:54 AM
Jan 2024
Gonna be the best anime of the season calling it now

Assimov fanfiction with waifu mechs is peak

Bones never loses
Jan 14, 5:49 PM
Apr 2021
Whoa this was a really interesting start to an original anime I’m digging it a lot tbh

The art and the animation is where this really caught my eye all the Mecha’s in this we all in 2D which was amazing to see bc usually studios go with CGI when making Mecha anime,

Rouge looks so amazing I love her personality she reminds me of Anna Yamada from Dangers in my Heart she’s just adorable and Naomi lord oh lord she’s hot asf😩😮‍💨🔥
Jan 15, 12:16 AM

Dec 2022
With no backstory the MC feels more like the antagonist. Will give a few episodes.

Jan 15, 12:24 AM
Aug 2016
i dont feel anything for the plot yet, hoping ill care more when more episodes release. dub is solid, love the two main girls so far
Jan 15, 1:46 AM

Oct 2022
Aside from the cool world and animation, I have no idea whats going on.

Jan 15, 12:46 PM

Jan 2013
this is such a bladerunner ripoff with like maybe nexus 5 or 6 androids my dudes.
Jan 15, 2:39 PM

Aug 2023
OK wow I feel like that was a lot of information in the first episode and I don’t really know what’s going on but I love where this is going! Cool space girls that turn into robots and are fighting humans for some unknown reason, I love it! I am looking forward to this series.
Jan 15, 4:53 PM

Nov 2022
This started to feel like a final ep at the end, I had to pause and check.
Jan 15, 8:57 PM
Nov 2014
I have no idea what i just watched, but its got cuties and warframes - so I'm in.
Jan 15, 10:40 PM

Oct 2022
This anime scratches an itch I’ve had for years, I have very high hopes for it.
Jan 16, 2:05 AM

Dec 2022
Still kinda confused. That singer did'nt do anything and even helped Rouge when she was in the dump.
Jan 16, 7:14 AM

Oct 2022
This shit reminds me of Cyberpunk, these kinds of anime tend to have a depressing endings, please let me be wrong this time around. Well I was wondering why the animation looks so decently cool well that's studio bones for you. Nothing less from them.

Jan 16, 11:37 AM
Sep 2012
Good first episode. Hopefully they won't screw it up with dumb reveals or something like that
Jan 16, 2:49 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Tsinelas
This shit reminds me of Cyberpunk, these kinds of anime tend to have a depressing endings, please let me be wrong this time around. Well I was wondering why the animation looks so decently cool well that's studio bones for you. Nothing less from them.
@Tsinelas The projected scrolling advertisements that go straight in the air gave me very Cyberpunk 2077/Edgerunners vibes, which is good cause I like that cyberpunk aesthetic. Would never want it in real life cause dear lord the light pollution, but the appeal of cyberpunk as always been the cool factor, not the possibility of living in such corpo dystopias.

Like yikes an entire race of disposable people, with the first episode immediately showing us a person being thrown in the trash, this show will indeed by those kinds of depressing sci-fis.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Jan 16, 4:23 PM

Dec 2022
Solid, but I'm hoping there's more to it than I think there is. Hard to go wrong with BONES though.
Jan 16, 6:10 PM

Oct 2022
An orginal which is genuinely interesting, I kinda hope this turns out something like 86, I want a show which leaves me with the feels and this might be the one, Hopefully.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jan 16, 7:43 PM

Aug 2011
>kill nine rebellious androids called the Immortal Nine, who are hostile to the government

Clearly there's some corrupt shenanigan's going on
Jan 16, 8:25 PM

Oct 2022
I know it's just one episode yet but expected more to the story/world, and most certainly not a generic marvel villain episode.
Jan 16, 10:01 PM
Apr 2020
Rouge and Naomi are aloof yet hilarious. However, the episode felt off... as in story had already left the station 🚂. More time should have been invested in flushing out Viola before killing her off. She seemed remarkably interesting despite the abysmal narrative beats we received. Oh 🎶, Studio Bones, you might have a masterpiece on your hands— This show's world appears gritty and mysterious! I want to know more about what is going on. Please give us more character development & worldbuilding, and I think you might have a hit! (TBH, the show is already planned out and set in stone, so this commentary will be irrelevant 🤷.)
Jan 16, 10:31 PM

Dec 2022
Not even a word after killing Viola?? Our MC is ruthless

I'm super intrigued by this. Nean vs Humans. The Immortal Nine. The Nectar needed to keep Neans alive. This is really setting up to be an ethical debate of what's right and what's wrong. Keep the music going and the animation rolling!
Jan 17, 12:58 AM

Oct 2022
Nice start. Appealing art and animation carry this, our main girls are more attractive on looks rather than personality so far. I'm sure there will be some compelling reason why they are hunting these special neans, since so far Viola was presented far more sympathetically than our protagonists (bold choice for the anime).
Jan 17, 4:55 AM
Sep 2021
Ok, bones have delivered, this anime has started on a good note. Nice sci-fi usage, the characters & story grabs you well. The art style & animation department is also good.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20

28 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 24, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28

54 by Nauagos »»
Sep 16, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

37 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 5, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6

55 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 29, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

78 by paronabeatrice »»
Aug 8, 3:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.